Essay Topic 1
Oftentimes, a book is more of a character-driven plot rather than action driven, and oftentimes the other way. Some books seem to balance the two. Discuss the following:
1. What do you think it means to say that a plot is character-driven or action-driven?
2. How do you think a plot differs if it is character-driven versus action-driven?
3. Which type of plot do you find more interesting? Why?
4. Do you think it is possible to have a plot where action and character development share equal time? Why or why not?
5. What type of plot do you think Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is? Explain your response.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following:
1. Trace and analyze the theme of manipulation and power in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Consider the following questions as you write: What characters are most concerned with manipulation and power? Why? What...
This section contains 2,544 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)