|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Prince Bolo love his betrothed?
(a) Prince Bolo is not betrothed to wed.
(c) Only a little.
2. What does Haroun ask Butt for?
(a) Back row seats
(b) Back row seats in his coach and a trip back home.
(c) Front row seats
(d) Front row seats in his coach and a trip to Dull Lake.
3. What shape is Buttoo's houseboat?
(a) A fish.
(b) A crocodile.
(c) A giraffe.
(d) A swan.
4. What does P2C2E stand for?
(a) Probably Too Complicated To Explore.
(b) Process Too Complicated To Explain.
(c) Possibly Too Calm To Evaporate.
(d) Pills Too Cold To Eat.
5. Why does Iff agree to take Haroun to Gup City?
(a) Because Buttoo is in love with Iff's wife.
(b) Because Iff feels sorry for Rashid.
(c) Because Haroun has his Disconnector.
(d) Because Rashid pays him hansomely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Haroun's opinion of Rashid's stories?
2. What is a floating gardener?
3. How do Iff and Butt the Hoopoe react to the suspicion of Gup City being at war?
4. Why do the passengers fear for their lives while riding with Butt?
5. What word does Butt start many of his sentences with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the "Old Zone"?
2. What is the Mist of Misery?
3. Why does Haroun name his Hoopoe Butt?
4. How does Rashid react to his wife's disappearance?
5. Describe Rashid.
6. What does Arabian Nights Plus One look like?
7. Describe Blabbermouth.
8. Why does Butt agree to help Haroun by driving him to the Valley of K?
9. What happens to the Ocean of Kahani when it is polluted?
10. What does Prince Bolo think of Batcheat?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)