|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Mist of Misery?
(a) A mysterious portal.
(b) A sparkling rain.
(c) A foul smelling mist.
(d) A pungent perfume.
2. How many people were killed on the bus that plunged into the gully?
3. What is the only word Rashid can say at the end of Chapter 1?
4. Who are Goopy and Bagha?
(a) Plentimaw Fishes.
(c) Floating Gardeners.
5. Who is Soraya?
(a) Haroun's father.
(b) Haroun's mother.
(c) Haroun's aunt.
(d) Haroun's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Storytellers need to tell their stories?
2. Which tool does the Disconnector most closely resemble?
3. Where is Gup City built?
4. Where did "The Walrus" get his name from?
5. Who is Khattam-Shud?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a Hoopoe?
2. Why is Haroun embarrassed when he is unable to use his Wishwater properly?
3. Describe Mali.
4. How does Rashid react to his wife's disappearance?
5. Why are Guppees unsure of what to do with spies?
6. What is Moody Land?
7. What is the P2C2E house and where is it located?
8. Why does Haroun name his Hoopoe Butt?
9. Who is Oneeta?
10. Describe Haroun.
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)