Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Haroun wish to go to Gup City?
(a) To get his father's cancelled subscription reversed.
(b) To find Buttoo a new tie.
(c) To find his mother, Soraya.
(d) To talk to the Walrus about becoming a Storyteller.
2. Where is the Town of G?
(a) In the Dull Lake.
(b) In the Valley of K.
(c) In the Mountains of M.
(d) The Town of G does not exist.
3. Who meets Rashid and Haroun at the railway station?
(a) Twin teachers.
(b) Two firemen.
(c) Two politicos.
(d) Two children.
4. Why does Iff agree to take Haroun to Gup City?
(a) Because Iff feels sorry for Rashid.
(b) Because Rashid pays him hansomely.
(c) Because Haroun has his Disconnector.
(d) Because Buttoo is in love with Iff's wife.
5. Where is Dull Lake?
(a) Near the Town of G.
(b) Near the Valley of K.
(c) In the sad city that forgot its name.
(d) Dull Lake does not exist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the passengers fear for their lives while riding with Butt?
2. What does Haorun think Butt's hair is like?
3. What is the only word Rashid can say at the end of Chapter 1?
4. What is Rashid's vocation?
5. Do Floating Gardeners like to talk?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mali.
2. Why is Haroun embarrassed when he is unable to use his Wishwater properly?
3. Why does Haroun dislike long goodbyes?
4. What does Dull Lake look like?
5. What does Khattam-Shud look like?
6. Describe Butt.
7. What does the Gup army look like?
8. Why are Guppees unsure of what to do with spies?
9. What is the "Old Zone"?
10. Describe Blabbermouth.
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)