|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Haroun's home city?
2. What does Haroun find by his pillow?
(a) A bunch of roses.
(b) A new night shirt.
(c) A silver pocket watch.
(d) A golden envelope.
3. Why does Khattam-Shud hate stories?
(a) Because he wishes to rule all worlds.
(b) Because stories remind him of his mother.
(c) Because he is unable to read.
(d) Because books are expensive.
4. What happens to Soraya at the end of the story?
(a) She meets Blabbermouth.
(b) She goes to jail.
(c) She marries Mr. Sengupta.
(d) She comes home.
5. What does Prince Bolo ride into battle?
(a) A mechanical horse.
(b) A magic carpet.
(c) A broomstick.
(d) A clockwork dolphin.
6. What is unique about Khattam-Shud and his shadow?
(a) They are independent from each other.
(b) They do not exist.
(c) They do not know each other.
(d) They are opposites of each other.
7. A Shadow Warrior always has what with them?
(a) Their mini Bezabans.
(b) Their shadow.
(c) Their armor.
(d) Their sword.
8. Which character saves the encampment from the Chupwala messenger's intentions?
(c) General Kitab.
(d) Prince Bolo.
9. What color are the jackets the Eggheads wear?
10. How did Mali manage to escape capture?
(a) He disguised himself.
(b) He swam underwater.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He hid behind a crate.
11. What do "nosewarmers" look like?
(a) Nose plugs.
(b) Clown noses.
(d) Little boxes.
12. Who volunteers to act as a spy for the Gup army?
(c) Prince Bolo.
13. Which color do Shadow Warriors paint their face?
14. How does Haroun feel when he is captured?
15. What color is the cap royal pages wear?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Haroun wonder about at the end of Chapter 10?
2. What happens to the water the closer Haroun gets to Chup territory?
3. What is a Web of Night?
4. What story does Rashid tell the audience at the rally?
5. Is Khattam-Shud's voice like his subjects?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)