|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Rashid tell the audience at the rally?
(a) Haroun versus Kattam-Shud.
(b) Haroun and the Great Battle.
(c) Haroun and the Sea of Stories.
(d) Haroun and the Kahani Moon.
2. How did Mali manage to escape capture?
(a) He hid behind a crate.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He swam underwater.
(d) He disguised himself.
3. What do "nosewarmers" look like?
(b) Little boxes.
(c) Nose plugs.
(d) Clown noses.
4. Where was Batcheat being held?
(a) In a hospital.
(b) In a tower.
(c) In a school.
(d) In a prison.
5. Who does Haroun suspect Khattam-Shud has in his custody?
6. What is unique about Shadows in Chup?
(a) They are equals to the people they are joined to.
(b) They have their own capital city.
(c) They live in small colonies.
(d) They live independently of their masters.
7. What does Khattam-Shud look like according to Haroun?
(a) A clerk.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A dentist.
(d) A baseball player.
8. What color nosewarmers do Pages of Gup wear?
9. What does Khattam-Shud look like?
(a) Short and ugly.
(b) Scrawny and plain.
(c) Strong and handsome.
(d) Tall and lithe.
10. What is a darkbulb?
(a) A bulb that is invisible.
(b) A bulb that eminates negative feelings.
(c) A bulb that electricutes anyone near it.
(d) A bulb that gives off darkness instead of light.
11. Why does Khattam-Shud hate stories?
(a) Because books are expensive.
(b) Because he wishes to rule all worlds.
(c) Because he is unable to read.
(d) Because stories remind him of his mother.
12. Who is Mudra?
(a) A Plentimaw Fish.
(b) A Floating Gardener.
(c) A Shadow Warrior.
(d) A page.
13. Does Rashid's "Gift of Gab" return to him?
(a) Only sometimes.
(b) Rashid never had the Gift of Gab.
14. Is Mudra friendly?
(b) Only sometimes.
(d) There is no one named Mudra.
15. What happens to Soraya at the end of the story?
(a) She meets Blabbermouth.
(b) She comes home.
(c) She marries Mr. Sengupta.
(d) She goes to jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Haroun's home city?
2. Which character saves the encampment from the Chupwala messenger's intentions?
3. How many connector leads does Haroun have to connect Butt's brain box to?
4. How do pages arrange themselves?
5. Who oversees the new government of Chup?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)