|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, About Guppees and Chupwalas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rashid blame as the reason he has lost his ability to tell stories?
2. Why does Haroun wish to go to Gup City?
(a) To find Buttoo a new tie.
(b) To get his father's cancelled subscription reversed.
(c) To talk to the Walrus about becoming a Storyteller.
(d) To find his mother, Soraya.
3. Why does Buttoo fly into a rage?
(a) Because he does not want to hear gloomy stories.
(b) Because his wife leaves him for the local baker.
(c) Because Haroun calls him a thief and a liar.
(d) Because Rashid steals his money.
4. What does Haroun think of the people they meet at the railway station?
(a) He is amazed by them.
(b) He likes them a lot.
(c) He does not trust them.
(d) He does not know what to think about them.
5. Who is Mali?
(a) A Plentimaw Fishes.
(b) A storyteller.
(c) A king.
(d) A Floating Gardener.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the factories around Haroun's home town produce?
2. What is the name of Buttoo's houseboat?
3. Why do Haroun and Rashid switch rooms while on the houseboat?
4. What do Storytellers need to tell their stories?
5. What is a floating gardener?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)