Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1, The Shah of Blah Abstract
* The reader is introduced to Haroun, the protagonist.
* Haroun lives with his father and mother, and he has no siblings.
* Haroun and his family live next to Mr. Sengupta and his wife Oneeta.
Chapter 2, The Mail Coach Abstract
* Rashid, Haroun's father, is a story teller.
* Haroun's dislikes the silly stories...
This section contains 1,568 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)