Chapter 1, The Shah of Blah
* The reader is introduced to Haroun, the protagonist.
* Haroun lives with his father and mother, and he has no siblings.
* Haroun and his family live next to Mr. Sengupta and his wife Oneeta.
* Rashid, Haroun's father, is a story teller.
* Haroun's dislikes the silly stories his father tells. He thinks they are pointless.
* Haroun asks his father what the point is of telling untrue stories.
* One morning at precisely 11:00 in the morning, Soraya runs off with Mr. Sengupta.
* Rashid and Haroun are crushed by the departure of Soraya.
* Rashid and Haroun go by train to the Town of G and the Valley of K.
* Once there, Haroun and Rashid are met by shady politicos.
* Th politicos threaten Rashid when he is unable to say anything other than "Ark".
Chapter 2, The Mail Coach
* Haroun and Rashid are dropped off at the bus station by...
This section contains 1,379 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)