|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jen say when she is invited over to a party over the phone?
2. What is the most impressive part of Wallace, according to the siblings, when he first arrives and they take a look at him?
3. Who comes to visit Jen in November, taking her out for coffee and then comes back to her cabin to make love?
4. What are Randy and Jen drinking when they are at Wallace's house cleaning and getting ready for his arrival?
5. Who decides that he is too busy to go to the hospital as he is getting ready to go to college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jen decide that she needs to do in order to have more money in her life?
2. What does Jen's father begin to do as he begins to feel better after the surgery and is healing well?
3. What is the exercise called where Jen lies in bed for hours on end each day, according to her conversation with Kathleen?
4. What does Colin say in a letter that he sends to Jen during the time of Wallace's recuperation?
5. What does Jen do when she turns on the radio, trying to work out a new feeling she has about the tumor Wallace has?
6. What happens on the day that Wallace is discharged from the hospital after his surgery?
7. What does the doctor tells Wallace about the tumor mass that they removed from his brain during the previous surgery?
8. What is the nightmare that Jen is having when the chapter first begins?
9. What does Jen think about the other people in the town that are very paranoid about their lives and their surroundings?
10. Why is Jen hurt by Kathleen's actions, even though Kathleen still doesn't want to change her plans for the night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The introduction of Wallace's tumor causes the story to take a turn right at the start.
Part 1: Why do you think the family reacts in the way they do?
Part 2: How do you think you would react if you hard your father had a tumor?
Part 3: Do you think there might have been a better way for the family to react?
Essay Topic 2
Jen comments how she likes women who have scars on their faces since it shows they have been through something.
Part 1: Do you prefer perfection or scars? Why?
Part 2: How do you think you might react to seeing someone who had large scars on their face?
Part 3: Why do you think Jen wants to point out that she enjoys scars?
Essay Topic 3
Megan and Jen talk about how senseless it is that young people get cancer and how good people get sick.
Part 1: Do you think that it's senseless that young people get cancer?
Part 2: Why do you think cancer and illness upset people so much that they take it personally?
Part 3: How do you think you would feel if a friend got cancer?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)