|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Randy say that he has changed his mind on, given the circumstances with Wallace?
2. What does Jen say when she is invited over to a party over the phone?
3. Jen cleans the two houses, but then decides that the people are ___________ and that she will need to find another way to make money.
4. Jen confesses to Kathleen that she is doing ________ yoga in order to cope in her life right now.
5. What did Kathleen and Jen do the last time they were high on drugs, putting their lives in danger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the embarrassing memory that Jen and Wallace share as they are talking about tumors and karma?
2. What is the most noticeable difference in Wallace when he is home and healing from his surgery?
3. What begins to happen to Wallace as he starts his weekly radiation treatments, to which Jen drives him?
4. What does Jen's father begin to do as he begins to feel better after the surgery and is healing well?
5. What does Jen think about the other people in the town that are very paranoid about their lives and their surroundings?
6. What does Jen decide that she needs to do in order to have more money in her life?
7. What happens on the day that Wallace is discharged from the hospital after his surgery?
8. What does the doctor tells Wallace about the tumor mass that they removed from his brain during the previous surgery?
9. Why is Jen hurt by Kathleen's actions, even though Kathleen still doesn't want to change her plans for the night?
10. What does Jen do when she turns on the radio, trying to work out a new feeling she has about the tumor Wallace has?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jen's kind of boyfriend Eric turns out to be a person who does not want to support her in her time of need.
Part 1: Why do you think a person stays in a relationship that is not supportive?
Part 2: Do you think Jen should have stayed with Eric for as long as she did?
Part 3: How might you react if a loved one didn't support you during a trying time?
Essay Topic 2
The town of Clement seems to be a town which has attracted a number of weirdos in its confines.
Part 1: Why do you think the town has attracted so many 'weirdos'?
Part 2: Do you agree with Jen's description that there are weird people in the town?
Part 3: What do you think this town's population has to say about the state of Jen and her weirdness?
Essay Topic 3
Jen points out that sometimes things which seem senseless often turn out to be good in the end.
Part 1: Do you think that things in life are ever senseless?
Part 2: Why do you think something senseless might turn out to be good?
Part 3: How do you think a person might be able to make good out of a senseless situation?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)