|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Randy suggest that Jen ride in when she returns from the hospital visit with Wallace?
2. What is the scary man carrying in his hand when he says hello to Jen as she sits on the cliff?
3. What does Jen use to hit her bed with when she is worried about her father and about the way he's ruined her night?
4. Whose parents died of a double suicide ten years previously, which may explain a lot about this character?
5. What does Jen decide to do when she is sitting on the cliff and watching the sun set in the distance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jen's kind of boyfriend Eric turns out to be a person who does not want to support her in her time of need.
Part 1: Why do you think a person stays in a relationship that is not supportive?
Part 2: Do you think Jen should have stayed with Eric for as long as she did?
Part 3: How might you react if a loved one didn't support you during a trying time?
Essay Topic 2
Jen seems to be just getting by in life, working only enough to support herself and her writing time.
Part 1: How do you feel about the character of Jen in this story?
Part 2: Why do you think Jen doesn't want to do more with her life?
Part 3: Do you think it's a good idea to simply work to create time for pleasure?
Essay Topic 3
Jen is a character who could be described as being paranoid, even though she thinks everyone else is more so.
Part 1: Why do you think Jen is so paranoid in her life?
Part 2: Do you think there is value in Jen being paranoid?
Part 3: How do you think Jen's life might change if she were not paranoid?
This section contains 1,495 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)