|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wallace and Jen talk about whether they think ________ has anything to do with the problems that Wallace has had.
2. What does a woman that Jen knows carry around with her in case she is ever in a situation where she found out she could not recover?
3. Megan's great-aunt is happen to see the girls and begins to _____________ with them and they have a good time together.
4. What does Randy say that he has changed his mind on, given the circumstances with Wallace?
5. Who decides to stay with Jen that night in order to keep her company, though he/she leaves in the morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jen think about the idea of scars on a person's face?
2. One morning, about a month after Wallace's surgery, what is the first thought in Jen's mind when she wakes up?
3. What does Jen decide that she needs to do in order to have more money in her life?
4. What is the exercise called where Jen lies in bed for hours on end each day, according to her conversation with Kathleen?
5. What is the worry that Jen has about being at parties, and what a person might ask her when she is there?
6. What is the embarrassing memory that Jen and Wallace share as they are talking about tumors and karma?
7. What does Colin say in a letter that he sends to Jen during the time of Wallace's recuperation?
8. What begins to happen to Wallace as he starts his weekly radiation treatments, to which Jen drives him?
9. What does the doctor tells Wallace about the tumor mass that they removed from his brain during the previous surgery?
10. What happens to Wallace which makes the family begin to question his health again?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jen seems to be just getting by in life, working only enough to support herself and her writing time.
Part 1: How do you feel about the character of Jen in this story?
Part 2: Why do you think Jen doesn't want to do more with her life?
Part 3: Do you think it's a good idea to simply work to create time for pleasure?
Essay Topic 2
Jen thinks about her brothers and realizes that she likes them, even if they were mean to her as a child.
Part 1: Do you think it's always easy for brothers and sisters to get along?
Part 2: How do you think siblings might be able to make their relationships stronger?
Part 3: Why do you think Jen suddenly thinks on how much she likes her brothers?
Essay Topic 3
Jen comments how she likes women who have scars on their faces since it shows they have been through something.
Part 1: Do you prefer perfection or scars? Why?
Part 2: How do you think you might react to seeing someone who had large scars on their face?
Part 3: Why do you think Jen wants to point out that she enjoys scars?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)