|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the man that Jen slept with a few times when Kathleen was getting a divorce?
2. Jen thinks about how nice it was to work at the __________ when she was working there.
3. What is the date on which Jen realizes that enough time has gone by since she stopped cleaning houses?
4. What is on the face of the creature that is following Jen in her scary dream?
5. What happens a few years later, though it does not change their relationship? Jen __________ Kathleen.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the worry that Jen has about being at parties, and what a person might ask her when she is there?
2. What does Colin say in a letter that he sends to Jen during the time of Wallace's recuperation?
3. What does the doctor tells Wallace about the tumor mass that they removed from his brain during the previous surgery?
4. Why doesn't Randy go to see his dad when his dad is finally being released from the hospital?
5. What does Jen think about the other people in the town that are very paranoid about their lives and their surroundings?
6. Why is Jen hurt by Kathleen's actions, even though Kathleen still doesn't want to change her plans for the night?
7. One morning, about a month after Wallace's surgery, what is the first thought in Jen's mind when she wakes up?
8. What does Jen think about the idea of scars on a person's face?
9. What is the embarrassing memory that Jen and Wallace share as they are talking about tumors and karma?
10. What happens when Jen gets a phone call later in the day, inviting her to come to a party with others?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kathleen says that Jen's family can not openly admit how upset and worried they are about Wallace.
Part 1: Do you think there is some truth in the statement Kathleen makes?
Part 2: How do you think Jen's family could correct this situation?
Part 3: Why do you think many families don't admit the seriousness of situations?
Essay Topic 2
Jen is a person who seems to avoid pain and sadness by drinking and by doing drugs.
Part 1: Why do you think Jen doesn't want to handle the pain any other way?
Part 2: Do you think that Jen should find other ways to cope with her feelings?
Part 3: How do you cope when you have things happen in your life which might be seen as tragic?
Essay Topic 3
Jen's kind of boyfriend Eric turns out to be a person who does not want to support her in her time of need.
Part 1: Why do you think a person stays in a relationship that is not supportive?
Part 2: Do you think Jen should have stayed with Eric for as long as she did?
Part 3: How might you react if a loved one didn't support you during a trying time?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)