|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jen is reminded of the way people avoid looking at those with ____________ when she sees how people look at Wallace.
2. Jen cleans the two houses, but then decides that the people are ___________ and that she will need to find another way to make money.
3. Jen actually worries that the other people at the party will ask her if her father is _____________.
4. How does the family get through the time when they are waiting for the doctor to call them back?
5. What does Jen do when she needs to scream in order to deal with the idea of Wallace's brain tumor?
Essay Topic 1
Jen thinks about her brothers and realizes that she likes them, even if they were mean to her as a child.
Part 1: Do you think it's always easy for brothers and sisters to get along?
Part 2: How do you think siblings might be able to make their relationships stronger?
Part 3: Why do you think Jen suddenly thinks on how much she likes her brothers?
Essay Topic 2
The introduction of Wallace's tumor causes the story to take a turn right at the start.
Part 1: Why do you think the family reacts in the way they do?
Part 2: How do you think you would react if you hard your father had a tumor?
Part 3: Do you think there might have been a better way for the family to react?
Essay Topic 3
Jen points out that sometimes things which seem senseless often turn out to be good in the end.
Part 1: Do you think that things in life are ever senseless?
Part 2: Why do you think something senseless might turn out to be good?
Part 3: How do you think a person might be able to make good out of a senseless situation?
This section contains 1,504 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)