|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jen say that she thinks her problem is, rather than admitting she has a lump?
2. What is the scary man carrying in his hand when he says hello to Jen as she sits on the cliff?
3. Jen begins to write about abuse she suffered at _________ hands when she returns to her typewriter.
4. Jen doesn't want her doctor to see her as a __________, even though it's likely she already does.
5. Jen rereads a letter from __________ later that night as she gets drunk and feels sorry for herself.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the most noticeable difference in Wallace when he is home and healing from his surgery?
2. What does Jen tell Randy about their Uncle Colin when they are drinking and cleaning together?
3. What does Jen think about the other people in the town that are very paranoid about their lives and their surroundings?
4. What does Jen do when she turns on the radio, trying to work out a new feeling she has about the tumor Wallace has?
5. What is the nightmare that Jen is having when the chapter first begins?
6. What are the criteria that Jen has in terms of deciding whether or not to take a job that she is offered by another?
7. Why is Jen hurt by Kathleen's actions, even though Kathleen still doesn't want to change her plans for the night?
8. What does Megan think about people like Wallace who get brain tumors for no apparent reason?
9. What is the agreement that Jen makes with Megan before they go to see Megan's great aunt Honey?
10. What does Jen's father begin to do as he begins to feel better after the surgery and is healing well?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The town of Clement seems to be a town which has attracted a number of weirdos in its confines.
Part 1: Why do you think the town has attracted so many 'weirdos'?
Part 2: Do you agree with Jen's description that there are weird people in the town?
Part 3: What do you think this town's population has to say about the state of Jen and her weirdness?
Essay Topic 2
The introduction of Wallace's tumor causes the story to take a turn right at the start.
Part 1: Why do you think the family reacts in the way they do?
Part 2: How do you think you would react if you hard your father had a tumor?
Part 3: Do you think there might have been a better way for the family to react?
Essay Topic 3
Megan's relationship to Honey seems to be a comfortable one, one in which they see each other and hope to see each other again soon, even though Honey knows she is old.
Part 1: Why do you think Megan goes to see Honey?
Part 2: Do you think that Honey likes Jen?
Part 3: How do you think Megan's visits with Honey are helpful to the both of them?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)