|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wallace warns his kids when they get back that now would be a very bad time to do _______, and they promise not to do it.
2. What does Randy suggest that Jen ride in when she returns from the hospital visit with Wallace?
3. Randy decides that he wants to dress Jen up as a _________ for her ride and he goes to find the appropriate clothing.
4. Who decides that he is too busy to go to the hospital as he is getting ready to go to college?
5. What is Jen not supposed to mention when she is visiting Megan's great-aunt one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jen hurt by Kathleen's actions, even though Kathleen still doesn't want to change her plans for the night?
2. What does Jen decide that she needs to do in order to have more money in her life?
3. Why doesn't Randy go to see his dad when his dad is finally being released from the hospital?
4. What does Jen do when she turns on the radio, trying to work out a new feeling she has about the tumor Wallace has?
5. What do Kathleen and Jen decide to do when Wallace is going to lay down for a nap for a while?
6. One morning, about a month after Wallace's surgery, what is the first thought in Jen's mind when she wakes up?
7. What happens to Wallace which makes the family begin to question his health again?
8. What is the embarrassing memory that Jen and Wallace share as they are talking about tumors and karma?
9. What is the most noticeable difference in Wallace when he is home and healing from his surgery?
10. What does Colin say in a letter that he sends to Jen during the time of Wallace's recuperation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the days leading up to the surgery, it seems that a number of things are going badly in the town of Clement.
Part 1: Why do you think Lamott decided to make the town more tragic during this time?
Part 2: Do you think Jen's mood might be affecting the way she describes what happens in the town?
Part 3: How do you think the tragedies in the town might affect you if you were living there?
Essay Topic 2
Jen is a character who could be described as being paranoid, even though she thinks everyone else is more so.
Part 1: Why do you think Jen is so paranoid in her life?
Part 2: Do you think there is value in Jen being paranoid?
Part 3: How do you think Jen's life might change if she were not paranoid?
Essay Topic 3
Jen thinks about her brothers and realizes that she likes them, even if they were mean to her as a child.
Part 1: Do you think it's always easy for brothers and sisters to get along?
Part 2: How do you think siblings might be able to make their relationships stronger?
Part 3: Why do you think Jen suddenly thinks on how much she likes her brothers?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)