|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides that he is too busy to go to the hospital as he is getting ready to go to college?
2. What does Randy present as a gift to Wallace when he comes back into the room to see him?
3. What happens a few years later, though it does not change their relationship? Jen __________ Kathleen.
4. Jen confesses to Kathleen that she is doing ________ yoga in order to cope in her life right now.
5. What is Jen not supposed to mention when she is visiting Megan's great-aunt one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jen hurt by Kathleen's actions, even though Kathleen still doesn't want to change her plans for the night?
2. What does Jen do when she turns on the radio, trying to work out a new feeling she has about the tumor Wallace has?
3. What does the doctor tells Wallace about the tumor mass that they removed from his brain during the previous surgery?
4. What is the embarrassing memory that Jen and Wallace share as they are talking about tumors and karma?
5. What is the worry that Jen has about being at parties, and what a person might ask her when she is there?
6. What happens on the day that Wallace is discharged from the hospital after his surgery?
7. What happens when Jen gets a phone call later in the day, inviting her to come to a party with others?
8. What does Jen think about the other people in the town that are very paranoid about their lives and their surroundings?
9. One morning, about a month after Wallace's surgery, what is the first thought in Jen's mind when she wakes up?
10. What is the nightmare that Jen is having when the chapter first begins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jen doesn't tell Eric about the brain tumor because she thinks it might make him feel obligated to stay.
Part 1: Do you think Jen should have told Eric what was happening?
Part 2: How do you think Eric would have reacted to this news?
Part 3: Why do you think Eric was a person Jen didn't want to tell?
Essay Topic 2
Jen thinks about her brothers and realizes that she likes them, even if they were mean to her as a child.
Part 1: Do you think it's always easy for brothers and sisters to get along?
Part 2: How do you think siblings might be able to make their relationships stronger?
Part 3: Why do you think Jen suddenly thinks on how much she likes her brothers?
Essay Topic 3
Jen is a person who seems to avoid pain and sadness by drinking and by doing drugs.
Part 1: Why do you think Jen doesn't want to handle the pain any other way?
Part 2: Do you think that Jen should find other ways to cope with her feelings?
Part 3: How do you cope when you have things happen in your life which might be seen as tragic?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)