|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Jen chasing in the dream that makes her wake up screaming during this section of the story?
2. Who decides to stay with Jen that night in order to keep her company, though he/she leaves in the morning?
3. What was the name of the uncle who was once medically dead for three minutes, according to Jen's story to Randy?
4. What is the date on which Jen realizes that enough time has gone by since she stopped cleaning houses?
5. What does Wallace decide to drink with the kids upon his arrival home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jen hurt by Kathleen's actions, even though Kathleen still doesn't want to change her plans for the night?
2. What is the worry that Jen has about being at parties, and what a person might ask her when she is there?
3. What begins to happen to Wallace as he starts his weekly radiation treatments, to which Jen drives him?
4. What does Jen tell Randy about their Uncle Colin when they are drinking and cleaning together?
5. What does Jen think about the other people in the town that are very paranoid about their lives and their surroundings?
6. What is the embarrassing memory that Jen and Wallace share as they are talking about tumors and karma?
7. What does Jen's father begin to do as he begins to feel better after the surgery and is healing well?
8. What does Colin say in a letter that he sends to Jen during the time of Wallace's recuperation?
9. What happens on the day that Wallace is discharged from the hospital after his surgery?
10. What does the doctor tells Wallace about the tumor mass that they removed from his brain during the previous surgery?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wallace pretends to feel bad about the death of the cat, for Jen's benefit.
Part 1: Why do you think Wallace doesn't feel bad about the cat?
Part 2: How do you think Jen would feel if no one was sympathetic about the death?
Part 3: Do you think the cat's death reminds Jen about her father's mortality? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Megan and Jen talk about how senseless it is that young people get cancer and how good people get sick.
Part 1: Do you think that it's senseless that young people get cancer?
Part 2: Why do you think cancer and illness upset people so much that they take it personally?
Part 3: How do you think you would feel if a friend got cancer?
Essay Topic 3
Megan's relationship to Honey seems to be a comfortable one, one in which they see each other and hope to see each other again soon, even though Honey knows she is old.
Part 1: Why do you think Megan goes to see Honey?
Part 2: Do you think that Honey likes Jen?
Part 3: How do you think Megan's visits with Honey are helpful to the both of them?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)