|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Megan's great-aunt who she and Jen have to see before going to see Wallace?
2. What is the new symptom of Wallace's that makes the entire family worried about his condition?
3. What does Jen do when she needs to scream in order to deal with the idea of Wallace's brain tumor?
4. Megan's great-aunt is happen to see the girls and begins to _____________ with them and they have a good time together.
5. What is the most impressive part of Wallace, according to the siblings, when he first arrives and they take a look at him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the agreement that Jen makes with Megan before they go to see Megan's great aunt Honey?
2. What is the most noticeable difference in Wallace when he is home and healing from his surgery?
3. What does Jen decide that she needs to do in order to have more money in her life?
4. What does Jen think about the other people in the town that are very paranoid about their lives and their surroundings?
5. What begins to happen to Wallace as he starts his weekly radiation treatments, to which Jen drives him?
6. What happens to Wallace which makes the family begin to question his health again?
7. Why doesn't Randy go to see his dad when his dad is finally being released from the hospital?
8. One morning, about a month after Wallace's surgery, what is the first thought in Jen's mind when she wakes up?
9. What does Jen think about the idea of scars on a person's face?
10. What does Jen's father begin to do as he begins to feel better after the surgery and is healing well?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the days leading up to the surgery, it seems that a number of things are going badly in the town of Clement.
Part 1: Why do you think Lamott decided to make the town more tragic during this time?
Part 2: Do you think Jen's mood might be affecting the way she describes what happens in the town?
Part 3: How do you think the tragedies in the town might affect you if you were living there?
Essay Topic 2
Kathleen says that Jen's family can not openly admit how upset and worried they are about Wallace.
Part 1: Do you think there is some truth in the statement Kathleen makes?
Part 2: How do you think Jen's family could correct this situation?
Part 3: Why do you think many families don't admit the seriousness of situations?
Essay Topic 3
Megan's relationship to Honey seems to be a comfortable one, one in which they see each other and hope to see each other again soon, even though Honey knows she is old.
Part 1: Why do you think Megan goes to see Honey?
Part 2: Do you think that Honey likes Jen?
Part 3: How do you think Megan's visits with Honey are helpful to the both of them?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)