|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jen confesses to Kathleen that she is doing ________ yoga in order to cope in her life right now.
2. What does Wallace decide to drink with the kids upon his arrival home?
3. Jen rereads a letter from __________ later that night as she gets drunk and feels sorry for herself.
4. Who decides to come with Jen to the hospital on the day that Wallace is going to be discharged?
5. Jen and Wallace both decide to get ___________ chocolate ice cream as they like to eat ice cream together.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Randy go to see his dad when his dad is finally being released from the hospital?
2. What is the worry that Jen has about being at parties, and what a person might ask her when she is there?
3. What does the doctor tells Wallace about the tumor mass that they removed from his brain during the previous surgery?
4. What does Jen's father begin to do as he begins to feel better after the surgery and is healing well?
5. What does Colin say in a letter that he sends to Jen during the time of Wallace's recuperation?
6. What is the agreement that Jen makes with Megan before they go to see Megan's great aunt Honey?
7. What happens to Wallace which makes the family begin to question his health again?
8. What does Jen think about the other people in the town that are very paranoid about their lives and their surroundings?
9. What is the nightmare that Jen is having when the chapter first begins?
10. What does Megan think about people like Wallace who get brain tumors for no apparent reason?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jen thinks about her brothers and realizes that she likes them, even if they were mean to her as a child.
Part 1: Do you think it's always easy for brothers and sisters to get along?
Part 2: How do you think siblings might be able to make their relationships stronger?
Part 3: Why do you think Jen suddenly thinks on how much she likes her brothers?
Essay Topic 2
Megan and Jen talk about how senseless it is that young people get cancer and how good people get sick.
Part 1: Do you think that it's senseless that young people get cancer?
Part 2: Why do you think cancer and illness upset people so much that they take it personally?
Part 3: How do you think you would feel if a friend got cancer?
Essay Topic 3
The introduction of Wallace's tumor causes the story to take a turn right at the start.
Part 1: Why do you think the family reacts in the way they do?
Part 2: How do you think you would react if you hard your father had a tumor?
Part 3: Do you think there might have been a better way for the family to react?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)