|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Megan believes that it's __________ that Wallace should have ever had a brain tumor to begin with, in her opinion.
2. Where is Megan going to go when she has to go back to school in the fall?
3. What happens a few years later, though it does not change their relationship? Jen __________ Kathleen.
4. What was Jen chasing in the dream that makes her wake up screaming during this section of the story?
5. What does Jen say when she is invited over to a party over the phone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jen's father begin to do as he begins to feel better after the surgery and is healing well?
2. What is the exercise called where Jen lies in bed for hours on end each day, according to her conversation with Kathleen?
3. What is the most noticeable difference in Wallace when he is home and healing from his surgery?
4. What does Jen do when she turns on the radio, trying to work out a new feeling she has about the tumor Wallace has?
5. What is the nightmare that Jen is having when the chapter first begins?
6. What does Jen think about the idea of scars on a person's face?
7. Why doesn't Randy go to see his dad when his dad is finally being released from the hospital?
8. What happens to Wallace which makes the family begin to question his health again?
9. What does Megan think about people like Wallace who get brain tumors for no apparent reason?
10. What begins to happen to Wallace as he starts his weekly radiation treatments, to which Jen drives him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jen points out that sometimes things which seem senseless often turn out to be good in the end.
Part 1: Do you think that things in life are ever senseless?
Part 2: Why do you think something senseless might turn out to be good?
Part 3: How do you think a person might be able to make good out of a senseless situation?
Essay Topic 2
Jen comments how she likes women who have scars on their faces since it shows they have been through something.
Part 1: Do you prefer perfection or scars? Why?
Part 2: How do you think you might react to seeing someone who had large scars on their face?
Part 3: Why do you think Jen wants to point out that she enjoys scars?
Essay Topic 3
The children in the family seem to have a lot of troubles, but they are still close and loving to each other.
Part 1: Why do you think children have a hard time relating to their siblings as they grow up?
Part 2: How did you relate to your siblings as you got older? What about when you were younger?
Part 3: Can siblings be loving, even if they pick on each other?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)