|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date on which Jen realizes that enough time has gone by since she stopped cleaning houses?
2. Megan believes that it's __________ that Wallace should have ever had a brain tumor to begin with, in her opinion.
3. What does Randy present as a gift to Wallace when he comes back into the room to see him?
4. Megan's great-aunt used to have a __________ named Damocles, before her husband made her give it up.
5. What is on the face of the creature that is following Jen in her scary dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jen think about the idea of scars on a person's face?
2. What does Colin say in a letter that he sends to Jen during the time of Wallace's recuperation?
3. One morning, about a month after Wallace's surgery, what is the first thought in Jen's mind when she wakes up?
4. What does Jen do when she turns on the radio, trying to work out a new feeling she has about the tumor Wallace has?
5. What is the agreement that Jen makes with Megan before they go to see Megan's great aunt Honey?
6. Why doesn't Randy go to see his dad when his dad is finally being released from the hospital?
7. What does Jen decide that she needs to do in order to have more money in her life?
8. What is the worry that Jen has about being at parties, and what a person might ask her when she is there?
9. What happens to Wallace which makes the family begin to question his health again?
10. What begins to happen to Wallace as he starts his weekly radiation treatments, to which Jen drives him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The town of Clement seems to be a town which has attracted a number of weirdos in its confines.
Part 1: Why do you think the town has attracted so many 'weirdos'?
Part 2: Do you agree with Jen's description that there are weird people in the town?
Part 3: What do you think this town's population has to say about the state of Jen and her weirdness?
Essay Topic 2
Megan's relationship to Honey seems to be a comfortable one, one in which they see each other and hope to see each other again soon, even though Honey knows she is old.
Part 1: Why do you think Megan goes to see Honey?
Part 2: Do you think that Honey likes Jen?
Part 3: How do you think Megan's visits with Honey are helpful to the both of them?
Essay Topic 3
Kathleen interprets a dream of Jen's to mean that she is afraid for others to see the bad parts of herself.
Part 1: Do you think that Kathleen's dream assessment is accurate? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think that all people are afraid for others to see the bad parts of themselves?
Part 3: How do you think a person's life might change if others saw the bad parts of these people?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)