|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wallace warns his kids when they get back that now would be a very bad time to do _______, and they promise not to do it.
2. What don't people want to do with Jen anymore since she is becoming harder to deal with?
3. What does Kathleen tell Jen that she has to do that night instead of meeting with her?
4. Jen and Wallace both decide to get ___________ chocolate ice cream as they like to eat ice cream together.
5. What was the name of the man that Jen slept with a few times when Kathleen was getting a divorce?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jen decide that she needs to do in order to have more money in her life?
2. What is the exercise called where Jen lies in bed for hours on end each day, according to her conversation with Kathleen?
3. What does Jen think about the other people in the town that are very paranoid about their lives and their surroundings?
4. What does Colin say in a letter that he sends to Jen during the time of Wallace's recuperation?
5. What does Jen's father begin to do as he begins to feel better after the surgery and is healing well?
6. One morning, about a month after Wallace's surgery, what is the first thought in Jen's mind when she wakes up?
7. What is the agreement that Jen makes with Megan before they go to see Megan's great aunt Honey?
8. What begins to happen to Wallace as he starts his weekly radiation treatments, to which Jen drives him?
9. What happens to Wallace which makes the family begin to question his health again?
10. What does Jen tell Randy about their Uncle Colin when they are drinking and cleaning together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jen makes plans to meet with Kathleen, even though she is always late.
Part 1: Why do you think Jen believes it's important to still meet with Kathleen?
Part 2: What would you do if someone you were supposed to meet was always late?
Part 3: How do you think Kathleen feels about Jen and their friendship?
Essay Topic 2
Jen comments how she likes women who have scars on their faces since it shows they have been through something.
Part 1: Do you prefer perfection or scars? Why?
Part 2: How do you think you might react to seeing someone who had large scars on their face?
Part 3: Why do you think Jen wants to point out that she enjoys scars?
Essay Topic 3
Megan and Jen talk about how senseless it is that young people get cancer and how good people get sick.
Part 1: Do you think that it's senseless that young people get cancer?
Part 2: Why do you think cancer and illness upset people so much that they take it personally?
Part 3: How do you think you would feel if a friend got cancer?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)