|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jen and Wallace both decide to get ___________ chocolate ice cream as they like to eat ice cream together.
2. What does the doctor say that the lump on her body is, and Jen pretends she knew this along?
3. Whose parents died of a double suicide ten years previously, which may explain a lot about this character?
4. What does Jen calculate when she gets up from her night's rest about a month after Wallace's surgery?
5. What does Randy suggest that Jen ride in when she returns from the hospital visit with Wallace?
Short Essay Questions
1. One morning, about a month after Wallace's surgery, what is the first thought in Jen's mind when she wakes up?
2. What begins to happen to Wallace as he starts his weekly radiation treatments, to which Jen drives him?
3. What is the nightmare that Jen is having when the chapter first begins?
4. What happens when Jen gets a phone call later in the day, inviting her to come to a party with others?
5. What does Jen tell Randy about their Uncle Colin when they are drinking and cleaning together?
6. What does Jen think about the idea of scars on a person's face?
7. What is the worry that Jen has about being at parties, and what a person might ask her when she is there?
8. What does the doctor tells Wallace about the tumor mass that they removed from his brain during the previous surgery?
9. What is the most noticeable difference in Wallace when he is home and healing from his surgery?
10. What does Jen's father begin to do as he begins to feel better after the surgery and is healing well?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jen points out that sometimes things which seem senseless often turn out to be good in the end.
Part 1: Do you think that things in life are ever senseless?
Part 2: Why do you think something senseless might turn out to be good?
Part 3: How do you think a person might be able to make good out of a senseless situation?
Essay Topic 2
Megan's relationship to Honey seems to be a comfortable one, one in which they see each other and hope to see each other again soon, even though Honey knows she is old.
Part 1: Why do you think Megan goes to see Honey?
Part 2: Do you think that Honey likes Jen?
Part 3: How do you think Megan's visits with Honey are helpful to the both of them?
Essay Topic 3
Jen doesn't tell Eric about the brain tumor because she thinks it might make him feel obligated to stay.
Part 1: Do you think Jen should have told Eric what was happening?
Part 2: How do you think Eric would have reacted to this news?
Part 3: Why do you think Eric was a person Jen didn't want to tell?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)