|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor say that the lump on her body is, and Jen pretends she knew this along?
2. Megan's great-aunt used to have a __________ named Damocles, before her husband made her give it up.
3. Where is the hospital that Megan and Jen are going to in order to see Wallace on his discharge day?
4. Jen doesn't want her doctor to see her as a __________, even though it's likely she already does.
5. What is the new symptom of Wallace's that makes the entire family worried about his condition?
Essay Topic 1
Jen comments how she likes women who have scars on their faces since it shows they have been through something.
Part 1: Do you prefer perfection or scars? Why?
Part 2: How do you think you might react to seeing someone who had large scars on their face?
Part 3: Why do you think Jen wants to point out that she enjoys scars?
Essay Topic 2
Wallace pretends to feel bad about the death of the cat, for Jen's benefit.
Part 1: Why do you think Wallace doesn't feel bad about the cat?
Part 2: How do you think Jen would feel if no one was sympathetic about the death?
Part 3: Do you think the cat's death reminds Jen about her father's mortality? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Kathleen interprets a dream of Jen's to mean that she is afraid for others to see the bad parts of herself.
Part 1: Do you think that Kathleen's dream assessment is accurate? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think that all people are afraid for others to see the bad parts of themselves?
Part 3: How do you think a person's life might change if others saw the bad parts of these people?
This section contains 1,488 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)