|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to come with Jen to the hospital on the day that Wallace is going to be discharged?
2. What does Jen use to hit her bed with when she is worried about her father and about the way he's ruined her night?
3. Who is the reclusive neighbor that walks by Jen and she is afraid that he might kill her?
4. What was the name of the man that Jen slept with a few times when Kathleen was getting a divorce?
5. Who is the person who decides to drive Wallace to his radiation therapy for the next few weeks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Wallace which makes the family begin to question his health again?
2. What does Jen tell Randy about their Uncle Colin when they are drinking and cleaning together?
3. What begins to happen to Wallace as he starts his weekly radiation treatments, to which Jen drives him?
4. What is the nightmare that Jen is having when the chapter first begins?
5. What does Colin say in a letter that he sends to Jen during the time of Wallace's recuperation?
6. One morning, about a month after Wallace's surgery, what is the first thought in Jen's mind when she wakes up?
7. What does Jen think about the idea of scars on a person's face?
8. What is the most noticeable difference in Wallace when he is home and healing from his surgery?
9. What is the exercise called where Jen lies in bed for hours on end each day, according to her conversation with Kathleen?
10. Why doesn't Randy go to see his dad when his dad is finally being released from the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The introduction of Wallace's tumor causes the story to take a turn right at the start.
Part 1: Why do you think the family reacts in the way they do?
Part 2: How do you think you would react if you hard your father had a tumor?
Part 3: Do you think there might have been a better way for the family to react?
Essay Topic 2
Jen makes plans to meet with Kathleen, even though she is always late.
Part 1: Why do you think Jen believes it's important to still meet with Kathleen?
Part 2: What would you do if someone you were supposed to meet was always late?
Part 3: How do you think Kathleen feels about Jen and their friendship?
Essay Topic 3
Jen doesn't tell Eric about the brain tumor because she thinks it might make him feel obligated to stay.
Part 1: Do you think Jen should have told Eric what was happening?
Part 2: How do you think Eric would have reacted to this news?
Part 3: Why do you think Eric was a person Jen didn't want to tell?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)