Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor say that the lump on her body is, and Jen pretends she knew this along?
2. Megan's great-aunt used to have a __________ named Damocles, before her husband made her give it up.
3. Where is the hospital that Megan and Jen are going to in order to see Wallace on his discharge day?
4. Jen doesn't want her doctor to see her as a __________, even though it's likely she already does.
5. What is the new symptom of Wallace's that makes the entire family worried about his condition?
Essay Topic 1
Jen makes plans to meet with Kathleen, even though she is always late.
Part 1: Why do you think Jen believes it's important to still meet with Kathleen?
Part 2: What would you do if someone you were supposed to meet was always late?
Part 3: How do you think Kathleen feels about Jen and their friendship?
Essay Topic 2
Wallace pretends to feel bad about the death of the cat, for Jen's benefit.
Part 1: Why do you think Wallace doesn't feel bad about the cat?
Part 2: How do you think Jen would feel if no one was sympathetic about the death?
Part 3: Do you think the cat's death reminds Jen about her father's mortality? Why?
Essay Topic 3
In the days leading up to the surgery, it seems that a number of things are going badly in the town of Clement.
Part 1: Why do you think Lamott decided to make the town more tragic during this time?
Part 2: Do you think Jen's mood might be affecting the way she describes what happens in the town?
Part 3: How do you think the tragedies in the town might affect you if you were living there?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)