|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor say that the lump on her body is, and Jen pretends she knew this along?
2. Megan's great-aunt used to have a __________ named Damocles, before her husband made her give it up.
3. Where is the hospital that Megan and Jen are going to in order to see Wallace on his discharge day?
4. Jen doesn't want her doctor to see her as a __________, even though it's likely she already does.
5. What is the new symptom of Wallace's that makes the entire family worried about his condition?
Essay Topic 1
Randy presents his father with the dead heron, which he has now gotten stuffed.
Part 1: Why do you think Randy felt this was an appropriate present?
Part 2: What do you think the dead heron symbolizes for the family?
Part 3: Do you think that Wallace appreciates the gift?
Essay Topic 2
Visiting a loved one in the hospital is not an easy thing, and it can bring up a lot of emotions in people.
Part 1: Why do you think families and people tend to have troubles going to hospitals?
Part 2: Do you think you would have troubles going to see a loved one after surgery?
Part 3: How do you think a family might be able to make the trip to the hospital easier? Or can't they?
Essay Topic 3
Jen thinks about her brothers and realizes that she likes them, even if they were mean to her as a child.
Part 1: Do you think it's always easy for brothers and sisters to get along?
Part 2: How do you think siblings might be able to make their relationships stronger?
Part 3: Why do you think Jen suddenly thinks on how much she likes her brothers?
This section contains 1,488 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)