|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Randy say that he has changed his mind on, given the circumstances with Wallace?
2. Wallace warns his kids when they get back that now would be a very bad time to do _______, and they promise not to do it.
3. What is the scary man carrying in his hand when he says hello to Jen as she sits on the cliff?
4. The woman gets rid of the item from #131 when she realized she would nor recover from ____________ the child who found it.
5. What does Jen do when she needs to scream in order to deal with the idea of Wallace's brain tumor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jen think about the idea of scars on a person's face?
2. Why is Jen hurt by Kathleen's actions, even though Kathleen still doesn't want to change her plans for the night?
3. What are the criteria that Jen has in terms of deciding whether or not to take a job that she is offered by another?
4. What happens to Wallace which makes the family begin to question his health again?
5. What does Jen decide that she needs to do in order to have more money in her life?
6. What is the nightmare that Jen is having when the chapter first begins?
7. Why doesn't Randy go to see his dad when his dad is finally being released from the hospital?
8. What is the most noticeable difference in Wallace when he is home and healing from his surgery?
9. What does Jen do when she turns on the radio, trying to work out a new feeling she has about the tumor Wallace has?
10. One morning, about a month after Wallace's surgery, what is the first thought in Jen's mind when she wakes up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jen doesn't tell Eric about the brain tumor because she thinks it might make him feel obligated to stay.
Part 1: Do you think Jen should have told Eric what was happening?
Part 2: How do you think Eric would have reacted to this news?
Part 3: Why do you think Eric was a person Jen didn't want to tell?
Essay Topic 2
The children in the family seem to have a lot of troubles, but they are still close and loving to each other.
Part 1: Why do you think children have a hard time relating to their siblings as they grow up?
Part 2: How did you relate to your siblings as you got older? What about when you were younger?
Part 3: Can siblings be loving, even if they pick on each other?
Essay Topic 3
Megan's relationship to Honey seems to be a comfortable one, one in which they see each other and hope to see each other again soon, even though Honey knows she is old.
Part 1: Why do you think Megan goes to see Honey?
Part 2: Do you think that Honey likes Jen?
Part 3: How do you think Megan's visits with Honey are helpful to the both of them?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)