|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money has Jen been living on each week, which leads her to believe that she needs to earn more?
2. What does a woman that Jen knows carry around with her in case she is ever in a situation where she found out she could not recover?
3. What don't people want to do with Jen anymore since she is becoming harder to deal with?
4. What is the name of Megan's great-aunt who she and Jen have to see before going to see Wallace?
5. Jen cleans the two houses, but then decides that the people are ___________ and that she will need to find another way to make money.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Wallace which makes the family begin to question his health again?
2. What is the embarrassing memory that Jen and Wallace share as they are talking about tumors and karma?
3. What begins to happen to Wallace as he starts his weekly radiation treatments, to which Jen drives him?
4. What happens when Jen gets a phone call later in the day, inviting her to come to a party with others?
5. What is the most noticeable difference in Wallace when he is home and healing from his surgery?
6. What happens on the day that Wallace is discharged from the hospital after his surgery?
7. What does Jen think about the idea of scars on a person's face?
8. What does Jen tell Randy about their Uncle Colin when they are drinking and cleaning together?
9. What does Jen decide that she needs to do in order to have more money in her life?
10. Why doesn't Randy go to see his dad when his dad is finally being released from the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jen comments how she likes women who have scars on their faces since it shows they have been through something.
Part 1: Do you prefer perfection or scars? Why?
Part 2: How do you think you might react to seeing someone who had large scars on their face?
Part 3: Why do you think Jen wants to point out that she enjoys scars?
Essay Topic 2
Jen makes plans to meet with Kathleen, even though she is always late.
Part 1: Why do you think Jen believes it's important to still meet with Kathleen?
Part 2: What would you do if someone you were supposed to meet was always late?
Part 3: How do you think Kathleen feels about Jen and their friendship?
Essay Topic 3
Kathleen interprets a dream of Jen's to mean that she is afraid for others to see the bad parts of herself.
Part 1: Do you think that Kathleen's dream assessment is accurate? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think that all people are afraid for others to see the bad parts of themselves?
Part 3: How do you think a person's life might change if others saw the bad parts of these people?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)