|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the person who decides to drive Wallace to his radiation therapy for the next few weeks?
2. Kathleen and Jen discuss the various effects that _________ can have on a person's brain, even destroying it.
3. Megan's great-aunt used to have a __________ named Damocles, before her husband made her give it up.
4. What is the name which Jen uses to describe the tumor as well as the other irritations in her life at the time?
5. How does the family get through the time when they are waiting for the doctor to call them back?
Essay Topic 1
Jen thinks about her brothers and realizes that she likes them, even if they were mean to her as a child.
Part 1: Do you think it's always easy for brothers and sisters to get along?
Part 2: How do you think siblings might be able to make their relationships stronger?
Part 3: Why do you think Jen suddenly thinks on how much she likes her brothers?
Essay Topic 2
Jen's kind of boyfriend Eric turns out to be a person who does not want to support her in her time of need.
Part 1: Why do you think a person stays in a relationship that is not supportive?
Part 2: Do you think Jen should have stayed with Eric for as long as she did?
Part 3: How might you react if a loved one didn't support you during a trying time?
Essay Topic 3
Jen is a person who seems to avoid pain and sadness by drinking and by doing drugs.
Part 1: Why do you think Jen doesn't want to handle the pain any other way?
Part 2: Do you think that Jen should find other ways to cope with her feelings?
Part 3: How do you cope when you have things happen in your life which might be seen as tragic?
This section contains 1,490 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)