|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the rules that Jen has when she makes a decision to take a job or to not take a job?
2. What was the name of the man that Jen slept with a few times when Kathleen was getting a divorce?
3. What does Jen's uncle Colin tell her not to do when he writes her a letter, sending his best wishes?
4. Jen and Wallace talk about how embarrassing it was to bathe nude in the _____________ together.
5. Who decides that he is too busy to go to the hospital as he is getting ready to go to college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on the day that Wallace is discharged from the hospital after his surgery?
2. What happens to Wallace which makes the family begin to question his health again?
3. Why doesn't Randy go to see his dad when his dad is finally being released from the hospital?
4. What does Jen decide that she needs to do in order to have more money in her life?
5. What is the most noticeable difference in Wallace when he is home and healing from his surgery?
6. What does the doctor tells Wallace about the tumor mass that they removed from his brain during the previous surgery?
7. What begins to happen to Wallace as he starts his weekly radiation treatments, to which Jen drives him?
8. What does Colin say in a letter that he sends to Jen during the time of Wallace's recuperation?
9. What are the criteria that Jen has in terms of deciding whether or not to take a job that she is offered by another?
10. What does Jen think about the other people in the town that are very paranoid about their lives and their surroundings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jen doesn't tell Eric about the brain tumor because she thinks it might make him feel obligated to stay.
Part 1: Do you think Jen should have told Eric what was happening?
Part 2: How do you think Eric would have reacted to this news?
Part 3: Why do you think Eric was a person Jen didn't want to tell?
Essay Topic 2
Megan and Jen talk about how senseless it is that young people get cancer and how good people get sick.
Part 1: Do you think that it's senseless that young people get cancer?
Part 2: Why do you think cancer and illness upset people so much that they take it personally?
Part 3: How do you think you would feel if a friend got cancer?
Essay Topic 3
Kathleen says that Jen's family can not openly admit how upset and worried they are about Wallace.
Part 1: Do you think there is some truth in the statement Kathleen makes?
Part 2: How do you think Jen's family could correct this situation?
Part 3: Why do you think many families don't admit the seriousness of situations?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)