|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Eric tell Jen that he needs to go in order to begin to find himself and his true feelings?
2. What does Wallace decide to make out before his surgery, just in case something happens?
3. What does Wallace decide to do in order to get rid of the brain tumor, though he is afraid of his choice?
4. Who is the person that knocks over the vase accidentally, which causes Wallace to wake up?
5. Jen likes to be around Megan since she is not afraid of Megan __________ her, like so many other people might.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the children so surprised that they get along when they are together in the present time?
2. What does Jen think about her next door neighbors, as she is walking to work one day?
3. Why doesn't Jen decide to tell Eric about the brain tumor that her father has been diagnosed as having?
4. What does the family do in the days leading up to Wallace's surgery, trying to forget about what's to happen?
5. What does Jen know will happen every time she schedules a meeting with Kathleen?
6. What has happened to all of Jen's male friends, or so she remembers when she is driving away from the hospital?
7. Why was the ancient castle built in San Francisco, according to the story's details?
8. Why does Jen love to have Megan over to stay with her at her little home?
9. What does Kathleen say about the relationship between Eric and Jen, according to the story?
10. What does Sarah say is completely normal when the children walk into the hospital room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jen comments how she likes women who have scars on their faces since it shows they have been through something.
Part 1: Do you prefer perfection or scars? Why?
Part 2: How do you think you might react to seeing someone who had large scars on their face?
Part 3: Why do you think Jen wants to point out that she enjoys scars?
Essay Topic 2
Megan and Jen talk about how senseless it is that young people get cancer and how good people get sick.
Part 1: Do you think that it's senseless that young people get cancer?
Part 2: Why do you think cancer and illness upset people so much that they take it personally?
Part 3: How do you think you would feel if a friend got cancer?
Essay Topic 3
Kathleen interprets a dream of Jen's to mean that she is afraid for others to see the bad parts of herself.
Part 1: Do you think that Kathleen's dream assessment is accurate? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think that all people are afraid for others to see the bad parts of themselves?
Part 3: How do you think a person's life might change if others saw the bad parts of these people?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)