Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the things that drew Jen to Eric is that he never says anything about the __________ in her cabin.
2. Miriam Brown is known as the town's most infamous __________ and she has one of her babies with her.
3. What does the family have to cope with in regard to the situation with Wallace and his brain tumor?
4. Who tells Jen that she might as well stay with Eric since he is comfortable and convenient?
5. While everyone loves this person, this person still drives everyone crazy with his/her silly and boundless energy. Who is it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sarah say is completely normal when the children walk into the hospital room?
2. What happens to Wallace in the week before his surgery, making him think that Mercury is targeting him?
3. What are the criteria that Jen has in terms of deciding whether or not to take a job that she is offered by another?
4. How did Eric and Jen meet, according to the story that Jen tells in the book?
5. What is the worry that Jen has about being at parties, and what a person might ask her when she is there?
6. What is the living situation of Jen at the beginning of the story and how did she come upon this arrangement?
7. What happens on the day that Wallace is discharged from the hospital after his surgery?
8. What happens every Tuesday night in Jen's life, according to the story?
9. What happens in order to wake Wallace up and to get him talking to his children in the room?
10. What does Jen know will happen every time she schedules a meeting with Kathleen?
Megan's relationship to Honey seems to be a comfortable one, one in which they see each other and hope to see each other again soon, even though Honey knows she is old.
Part 1: Why do you think Megan goes to see Honey?
Part 2: Do you think that Honey likes Jen?
Part 3: How do you think Megan's visits with Honey are helpful to the both of them?
Jen doesn't tell Eric about the brain tumor because she thinks it might make him feel obligated to stay.
Part 1: Do you think Jen should have told Eric what was happening?
Part 2: How do you think Eric would have reacted to this news?
Part 3: Why do you think Eric was a person Jen didn't want to tell?
Jen is a character who could be described as being paranoid, even though she thinks everyone else is more so.
Part 1: Why do you think Jen is so paranoid in her life?
Part 2: Do you think there is value in Jen being paranoid?
Part 3: How do you think Jen's life might change if she were not paranoid?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)