|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the things that drew Jen to Eric is that he never says anything about the __________ in her cabin.
2. Miriam Brown is known as the town's most infamous __________ and she has one of her babies with her.
3. What does the family have to cope with in regard to the situation with Wallace and his brain tumor?
4. Who tells Jen that she might as well stay with Eric since he is comfortable and convenient?
5. While everyone loves this person, this person still drives everyone crazy with his/her silly and boundless energy. Who is it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sarah say is completely normal when the children walk into the hospital room?
2. What happens to Wallace in the week before his surgery, making him think that Mercury is targeting him?
3. What are the criteria that Jen has in terms of deciding whether or not to take a job that she is offered by another?
4. How did Eric and Jen meet, according to the story that Jen tells in the book?
5. What is the worry that Jen has about being at parties, and what a person might ask her when she is there?
6. What is the living situation of Jen at the beginning of the story and how did she come upon this arrangement?
7. What happens on the day that Wallace is discharged from the hospital after his surgery?
8. What happens every Tuesday night in Jen's life, according to the story?
9. What happens in order to wake Wallace up and to get him talking to his children in the room?
10. What does Jen know will happen every time she schedules a meeting with Kathleen?
Essay Topic 1
Jen makes plans to meet with Kathleen, even though she is always late.
Part 1: Why do you think Jen believes it's important to still meet with Kathleen?
Part 2: What would you do if someone you were supposed to meet was always late?
Part 3: How do you think Kathleen feels about Jen and their friendship?
Essay Topic 2
The children in the family seem to have a lot of troubles, but they are still close and loving to each other.
Part 1: Why do you think children have a hard time relating to their siblings as they grow up?
Part 2: How did you relate to your siblings as you got older? What about when you were younger?
Part 3: Can siblings be loving, even if they pick on each other?
Essay Topic 3
Megan's relationship to Honey seems to be a comfortable one, one in which they see each other and hope to see each other again soon, even though Honey knows she is old.
Part 1: Why do you think Megan goes to see Honey?
Part 2: Do you think that Honey likes Jen?
Part 3: How do you think Megan's visits with Honey are helpful to the both of them?
This section contains 1,886 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)