Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the things that drew Jen to Eric is that he never says anything about the __________ in her cabin.
2. Miriam Brown is known as the town's most infamous __________ and she has one of her babies with her.
3. What does the family have to cope with in regard to the situation with Wallace and his brain tumor?
4. Who tells Jen that she might as well stay with Eric since he is comfortable and convenient?
5. While everyone loves this person, this person still drives everyone crazy with his/her silly and boundless energy. Who is it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sarah say is completely normal when the children walk into the hospital room?
2. What happens to Wallace in the week before his surgery, making him think that Mercury is targeting him?
3. What are the criteria that Jen has in terms of deciding whether or not to take a job that she is offered by another?
4. How did Eric and Jen meet, according to the story that Jen tells in the book?
5. What is the worry that Jen has about being at parties, and what a person might ask her when she is there?
6. What is the living situation of Jen at the beginning of the story and how did she come upon this arrangement?
7. What happens on the day that Wallace is discharged from the hospital after his surgery?
8. What happens every Tuesday night in Jen's life, according to the story?
9. What happens in order to wake Wallace up and to get him talking to his children in the room?
10. What does Jen know will happen every time she schedules a meeting with Kathleen?
Jen comments how she likes women who have scars on their faces since it shows they have been through something.
Part 1: Do you prefer perfection or scars? Why?
Part 2: How do you think you might react to seeing someone who had large scars on their face?
Part 3: Why do you think Jen wants to point out that she enjoys scars?
Visiting a loved one in the hospital is not an easy thing, and it can bring up a lot of emotions in people.
Part 1: Why do you think families and people tend to have troubles going to hospitals?
Part 2: Do you think you would have troubles going to see a loved one after surgery?
Part 3: How do you think a family might be able to make the trip to the hospital easier? Or can't they?
Kathleen interprets a dream of Jen's to mean that she is afraid for others to see the bad parts of herself.
Part 1: Do you think that Kathleen's dream assessment is accurate? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think that all people are afraid for others to see the bad parts of themselves?
Part 3: How do you think a person's life might change if others saw the bad parts of these people?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)