|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Jen in the middle of the night, but Jen hangs up on this person in her disgust?
2. What does a friend of Jen's do for this friend's mother in order to help alleviate the pain of dying?
3. How many people does Jen work for during the week, allowing her to spend the rest of the time writing?
4. The ______ children of the 1970s had a hard time trying to reconcile their ideals with real life, according to the book.
5. What is the name of Jen's best friend, as she is described to be in the story, though not necessarily by her actions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with the cat when Jen is lying in bed after her drugged and drunk rage?
2. What does Jen think about her next door neighbors, as she is walking to work one day?
3. What is the first sign that there is something wrong with Wallace, according to the story?
4. What does Kathleen offer as an explanation for what happened at Jen and her meeting?
5. What does Megan wish that Jen would do in relation to Jen's boyfriend, Eric?
6. What happens when Jen gets really drunk after calling up Kathleen after their missed appointment?
7. What does Eric do on Easter when Jen is very sick and lying in bed in her cabin?
8. What does the family do in the days leading up to Wallace's surgery, trying to forget about what's to happen?
9. What is the finding of the doctor when Wallace goes in to find out more about the difficulties he's having?
10. Why are the children so surprised that they get along when they are together in the present time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kathleen says that Jen's family can not openly admit how upset and worried they are about Wallace.
Part 1: Do you think there is some truth in the statement Kathleen makes?
Part 2: How do you think Jen's family could correct this situation?
Part 3: Why do you think many families don't admit the seriousness of situations?
Essay Topic 2
Jen thinks about her brothers and realizes that she likes them, even if they were mean to her as a child.
Part 1: Do you think it's always easy for brothers and sisters to get along?
Part 2: How do you think siblings might be able to make their relationships stronger?
Part 3: Why do you think Jen suddenly thinks on how much she likes her brothers?
Essay Topic 3
Jen is a character who could be described as being paranoid, even though she thinks everyone else is more so.
Part 1: Why do you think Jen is so paranoid in her life?
Part 2: Do you think there is value in Jen being paranoid?
Part 3: How do you think Jen's life might change if she were not paranoid?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)