Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the things that drew Jen to Eric is that he never says anything about the __________ in her cabin.
2. Miriam Brown is known as the town's most infamous __________ and she has one of her babies with her.
3. What does the family have to cope with in regard to the situation with Wallace and his brain tumor?
4. Who tells Jen that she might as well stay with Eric since he is comfortable and convenient?
5. While everyone loves this person, this person still drives everyone crazy with his/her silly and boundless energy. Who is it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sarah say is completely normal when the children walk into the hospital room?
2. What happens to Wallace in the week before his surgery, making him think that Mercury is targeting him?
3. What are the criteria that Jen has in terms of deciding whether or not to take a job that she is offered by another?
4. How did Eric and Jen meet, according to the story that Jen tells in the book?
5. What is the worry that Jen has about being at parties, and what a person might ask her when she is there?
6. What is the living situation of Jen at the beginning of the story and how did she come upon this arrangement?
7. What happens on the day that Wallace is discharged from the hospital after his surgery?
8. What happens every Tuesday night in Jen's life, according to the story?
9. What happens in order to wake Wallace up and to get him talking to his children in the room?
10. What does Jen know will happen every time she schedules a meeting with Kathleen?
Jen doesn't tell Eric about the brain tumor because she thinks it might make him feel obligated to stay.
Part 1: Do you think Jen should have told Eric what was happening?
Part 2: How do you think Eric would have reacted to this news?
Part 3: Why do you think Eric was a person Jen didn't want to tell?
The town of Clement seems to be a town which has attracted a number of weirdos in its confines.
Part 1: Why do you think the town has attracted so many 'weirdos'?
Part 2: Do you agree with Jen's description that there are weird people in the town?
Part 3: What do you think this town's population has to say about the state of Jen and her weirdness?
Jen points out that sometimes things which seem senseless often turn out to be good in the end.
Part 1: Do you think that things in life are ever senseless?
Part 2: Why do you think something senseless might turn out to be good?
Part 3: How do you think a person might be able to make good out of a senseless situation?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)