|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While everyone loves this person, this person still drives everyone crazy with his/her silly and boundless energy. Who is it?
2. What is the name of the dead animal a short version of, according to the person who gave the animal this name?
3. Who does Jen imagine is surrounding her when she is in her drugged and drunk state after leaving her meeting?
4. Since life is filled with insane situations, it seems that there is no reason to try to approach life as though these situations were always _____________.
5. Who calls Jen to let her know that everything in the surgery went well and that Wallace was resting comfortably?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eric do on Easter when Jen is very sick and lying in bed in her cabin?
2. What does Megan wish that Jen would do in relation to Jen's boyfriend, Eric?
3. What do the townspeople say is happening in the town, which is what is leading to all of the misery?
4. What does Kathleen offer as an explanation for what happened at Jen and her meeting?
5. What is the first sign that there is something wrong with Wallace, according to the story?
6. Why doesn't Jen decide to tell Eric about the brain tumor that her father has been diagnosed as having?
7. Why doesn't Eric like to talk about his feelings when Jen tries to get him to do so?
8. What does Jen think about her next door neighbors, as she is walking to work one day?
9. What does Jen know will happen every time she schedules a meeting with Kathleen?
10. What happens when Jen gets really drunk after calling up Kathleen after their missed appointment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kathleen interprets a dream of Jen's to mean that she is afraid for others to see the bad parts of herself.
Part 1: Do you think that Kathleen's dream assessment is accurate? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think that all people are afraid for others to see the bad parts of themselves?
Part 3: How do you think a person's life might change if others saw the bad parts of these people?
Essay Topic 2
Jen points out that sometimes things which seem senseless often turn out to be good in the end.
Part 1: Do you think that things in life are ever senseless?
Part 2: Why do you think something senseless might turn out to be good?
Part 3: How do you think a person might be able to make good out of a senseless situation?
Essay Topic 3
Jen is a character who could be described as being paranoid, even though she thinks everyone else is more so.
Part 1: Why do you think Jen is so paranoid in her life?
Part 2: Do you think there is value in Jen being paranoid?
Part 3: How do you think Jen's life might change if she were not paranoid?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)