|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Jen have a boyfriend at this particular time in the book?
2. What is the name of the dead animal a short version of, according to the person who gave the animal this name?
3. What do the people next door to Jen remind her of, as she describes them for the reader?
4. The siblings decide to go get lunch from __________ and then to have a picnic on the floor after seeing Wallace.
5. What is the name of Wallace's girlfriend who is living with him and with one of his children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jen know will happen every time she schedules a meeting with Kathleen?
2. What do the townspeople say is happening in the town, which is what is leading to all of the misery?
3. Why doesn't Randy go to see his dad when his dad is finally being released from the hospital?
4. What does Kathleen say about the relationship between Eric and Jen, according to the story?
5. What has happened to all of Jen's male friends, or so she remembers when she is driving away from the hospital?
6. What does Jen do when the phone finally rings after Kathleen finally calls Jen back after her many calls?
7. What does Jen decide that she needs to do in order to have more money in her life?
8. What does Wallace share with his child to be his hopes for the health problem he now faces?
9. What does Jen's father begin to do as he begins to feel better after the surgery and is healing well?
10. What do Kathleen and Jen decide to do when Wallace is going to lay down for a nap for a while?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jen comments how she likes women who have scars on their faces since it shows they have been through something.
Part 1: Do you prefer perfection or scars? Why?
Part 2: How do you think you might react to seeing someone who had large scars on their face?
Part 3: Why do you think Jen wants to point out that she enjoys scars?
Essay Topic 2
Kathleen says that Jen's family can not openly admit how upset and worried they are about Wallace.
Part 1: Do you think there is some truth in the statement Kathleen makes?
Part 2: How do you think Jen's family could correct this situation?
Part 3: Why do you think many families don't admit the seriousness of situations?
Essay Topic 3
Jen makes plans to meet with Kathleen, even though she is always late.
Part 1: Why do you think Jen believes it's important to still meet with Kathleen?
Part 2: What would you do if someone you were supposed to meet was always late?
Part 3: How do you think Kathleen feels about Jen and their friendship?
This section contains 1,879 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)