|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal does Jen live with, even though it is a little wild and likes to urinate all over her things?
2. ________ points out to the character in #86 that everyone knows what he is going through, so no one is going to criticize him for his actions.
3. What is the name of the Burn Out who receives $1000 a month just to stay out of his/her parents' hometown?
4. Megan tells Jen about a new fertility drug which she finds to be hilarious as it's made from the ___________ of Italian nuns.
5. What is the profession of Jen's best friend? She is a ________ consultant who helps Jen with her questions.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Megan wish that Jen would do in relation to Jen's boyfriend, Eric?
2. Why doesn't Megan believe that Jen cleans houses for a living, as she explains when they are talking?
3. Why doesn't Eric like to talk about his feelings when Jen tries to get him to do so?
4. What happens between the children before they decide to go into the hospital after the surgery?
5. What happens with the cat when Jen is lying in bed after her drugged and drunk rage?
6. What happens when Jen gets really drunk after calling up Kathleen after their missed appointment?
7. What is the first sign that there is something wrong with Wallace, according to the story?
8. Why are the children so surprised that they get along when they are together in the present time?
9. Why was the ancient castle built in San Francisco, according to the story's details?
10. What happens to Wallace in the week before his surgery, making him think that Mercury is targeting him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kathleen interprets a dream of Jen's to mean that she is afraid for others to see the bad parts of herself.
Part 1: Do you think that Kathleen's dream assessment is accurate? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think that all people are afraid for others to see the bad parts of themselves?
Part 3: How do you think a person's life might change if others saw the bad parts of these people?
Essay Topic 2
Jen comments how she likes women who have scars on their faces since it shows they have been through something.
Part 1: Do you prefer perfection or scars? Why?
Part 2: How do you think you might react to seeing someone who had large scars on their face?
Part 3: Why do you think Jen wants to point out that she enjoys scars?
Essay Topic 3
Megan's relationship to Honey seems to be a comfortable one, one in which they see each other and hope to see each other again soon, even though Honey knows she is old.
Part 1: Why do you think Megan goes to see Honey?
Part 2: Do you think that Honey likes Jen?
Part 3: How do you think Megan's visits with Honey are helpful to the both of them?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)