|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kathleen tell Jen that she has to do that night instead of meeting with her?
(a) Go on a date.
(b) Wash her hair.
(c) Go to the ER.
(d) Read a book.
2. Wallace finds out that the tumor is _____________ when he finally receives his diagnosis.
3. Kathleen and Jen discuss the various effects that _________ can have on a person's brain, even destroying it.
4. What does Randy present as a gift to Wallace when he comes back into the room to see him?
(a) A large pitcher of beer.
(b) A helmet.
(c) The stuffed heron.
(d) A certificate.
5. Jen doesn't want her doctor to see her as a __________, even though it's likely she already does.
(a) Grown woman.
(b) Mental patient.
(d) Grieving daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jen find a lump on her body, causing her to worry that it might be cancer?
2. Megan's great-aunt used to have a __________ named Damocles, before her husband made her give it up.
3. What does Randy suggest that Jen ride in when she returns from the hospital visit with Wallace?
4. What happens a few years later, though it does not change their relationship? Jen __________ Kathleen.
5. What is NOT one of the rules that Jen has when she makes a decision to take a job or to not take a job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Megan think about people like Wallace who get brain tumors for no apparent reason?
2. What does Jen think about the other people in the town that are very paranoid about their lives and their surroundings?
3. What is the most noticeable difference in Wallace when he is home and healing from his surgery?
4. What is the worry that Jen has about being at parties, and what a person might ask her when she is there?
5. Why doesn't Randy go to see his dad when his dad is finally being released from the hospital?
6. What do Kathleen and Jen decide to do when Wallace is going to lay down for a nap for a while?
7. Why is Jen hurt by Kathleen's actions, even though Kathleen still doesn't want to change her plans for the night?
8. What is the exercise called where Jen lies in bed for hours on end each day, according to her conversation with Kathleen?
9. What is the nightmare that Jen is having when the chapter first begins?
10. What happens to Wallace which makes the family begin to question his health again?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)