|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The family had been hoping for a _________ or dying prognosis, not the intermediary diagnosis that Wallace receives.
2. What are Randy and Jen drinking when they are at Wallace's house cleaning and getting ready for his arrival?
3. How does the family get through the time when they are waiting for the doctor to call them back?
(a) Talk about the funeral arrangements.
(b) Play charades.
(c) Look at pictures.
(d) Make each other laugh.
4. What was Jen chasing in the dream that makes her wake up screaming during this section of the story?
5. What does the doctor say that the lump on her body is, and Jen pretends she knew this along?
(a) An infected lymph node.
(b) A benign mass.
(c) A pimple.
(d) A tumor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jen say when she is invited over to a party over the phone?
2. Who decides to stay with Jen that night in order to keep her company, though he/she leaves in the morning?
3. Jen is reminded of the way people avoid looking at those with ____________ when she sees how people look at Wallace.
4. What do Kathleen and Jen decide to go get when Wallace goes back to sleep after a visit with them?
5. What does Randy say that he has changed his mind on, given the circumstances with Wallace?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jen's father begin to do as he begins to feel better after the surgery and is healing well?
2. What is the nightmare that Jen is having when the chapter first begins?
3. What does Megan think about people like Wallace who get brain tumors for no apparent reason?
4. What does Jen tell Randy about their Uncle Colin when they are drinking and cleaning together?
5. What does Jen do when she turns on the radio, trying to work out a new feeling she has about the tumor Wallace has?
6. What is the worry that Jen has about being at parties, and what a person might ask her when she is there?
7. What do Kathleen and Jen decide to do when Wallace is going to lay down for a nap for a while?
8. What does Jen think about the idea of scars on a person's face?
9. What is the most noticeable difference in Wallace when he is home and healing from his surgery?
10. What are the criteria that Jen has in terms of deciding whether or not to take a job that she is offered by another?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)