|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the reclusive neighbor that walks by Jen and she is afraid that he might kill her?
2. The family had been hoping for a _________ or dying prognosis, not the intermediary diagnosis that Wallace receives.
3. What is the scary man carrying in his hand when he says hello to Jen as she sits on the cliff?
4. Wallace and Jen talk about whether they think ________ has anything to do with the problems that Wallace has had.
(b) His girlfriend.
(d) The family.
5. What does Randy present as a gift to Wallace when he comes back into the room to see him?
(a) A helmet.
(b) A certificate.
(c) The stuffed heron.
(d) A large pitcher of beer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jen doesn't want her doctor to see her as a __________, even though it's likely she already does.
2. What does Jen say when she is invited over to a party over the phone?
3. Where do Kathleen and Jen decide to meet later that day in order to talk about Jen's issues?
4. Where is Megan going to go when she has to go back to school in the fall?
5. What was Jen chasing in the dream that makes her wake up screaming during this section of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. One morning, about a month after Wallace's surgery, what is the first thought in Jen's mind when she wakes up?
2. What is the embarrassing memory that Jen and Wallace share as they are talking about tumors and karma?
3. What does Megan think about people like Wallace who get brain tumors for no apparent reason?
4. What are the criteria that Jen has in terms of deciding whether or not to take a job that she is offered by another?
5. What is the most noticeable difference in Wallace when he is home and healing from his surgery?
6. What does Colin say in a letter that he sends to Jen during the time of Wallace's recuperation?
7. What begins to happen to Wallace as he starts his weekly radiation treatments, to which Jen drives him?
8. What does the doctor tells Wallace about the tumor mass that they removed from his brain during the previous surgery?
9. Why is Jen hurt by Kathleen's actions, even though Kathleen still doesn't want to change her plans for the night?
10. What does Jen do when she turns on the radio, trying to work out a new feeling she has about the tumor Wallace has?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)