|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on the day that Wallace is finally discharged from the hospital?
(a) Sarah leaves him.
(b) His car blows up.
(c) Jen's cat dies.
(d) Kathleen disappears.
2. How much money has Jen been living on each week, which leads her to believe that she needs to earn more?
3. What is Jen not supposed to mention when she is visiting Megan's great-aunt one day?
(b) White hair.
(c) Leg ulcer.
(d) Missing eye.
4. Jen is reminded of the way people avoid looking at those with ____________ when she sees how people look at Wallace.
5. Where does Jen find a lump on her body, causing her to worry that it might be cancer?
(c) Inner thigh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jen use to hit her bed with when she is worried about her father and about the way he's ruined her night?
2. What is NOT one of the rules that Jen has when she makes a decision to take a job or to not take a job?
3. Who is only slightly less paranoid than the local mental patients in the town where the story is located?
4. What is the most impressive part of Wallace, according to the siblings, when he first arrives and they take a look at him?
5. What is the name of Megan's great-aunt who she and Jen have to see before going to see Wallace?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Randy go to see his dad when his dad is finally being released from the hospital?
2. Why is Jen hurt by Kathleen's actions, even though Kathleen still doesn't want to change her plans for the night?
3. What does Jen think about the idea of scars on a person's face?
4. What is the nightmare that Jen is having when the chapter first begins?
5. What does Colin say in a letter that he sends to Jen during the time of Wallace's recuperation?
6. What do Kathleen and Jen decide to do when Wallace is going to lay down for a nap for a while?
7. What is the worry that Jen has about being at parties, and what a person might ask her when she is there?
8. What are the criteria that Jen has in terms of deciding whether or not to take a job that she is offered by another?
9. What is the agreement that Jen makes with Megan before they go to see Megan's great aunt Honey?
10. What does Jen tell Randy about their Uncle Colin when they are drinking and cleaning together?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)