|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jen say when she is invited over to a party over the phone?
(a) She hates people.
(b) She has to tend to Wallace.
(c) She has plans.
(d) She is sick.
2. Wallace and Jen talk about whether they think ________ has anything to do with the problems that Wallace has had.
(a) His girlfriend.
(d) The family.
3. Where does Jen find a lump on her body, causing her to worry that it might be cancer?
(b) Inner thigh.
4. Megan's great-aunt is happen to see the girls and begins to _____________ with them and they have a good time together.
(a) Play games.
(b) Walk the halls.
(c) Read stories.
(d) Watch TV.
5. What does Jen's uncle Colin tell her not to do when he writes her a letter, sending his best wishes?
(a) Be happy.
(b) Be paranoid.
(c) Be useful.
(d) Be hopeful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kathleen tell Jen that she has to do that night instead of meeting with her?
2. How does the family get through the time when they are waiting for the doctor to call them back?
3. Kathleen and Jen discuss the various effects that _________ can have on a person's brain, even destroying it.
4. What does a woman that Jen knows carry around with her in case she is ever in a situation where she found out she could not recover?
5. What do Kathleen and Jen decide to go get when Wallace goes back to sleep after a visit with them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jen tell Randy about their Uncle Colin when they are drinking and cleaning together?
2. Why doesn't Randy go to see his dad when his dad is finally being released from the hospital?
3. What happens to Wallace which makes the family begin to question his health again?
4. What is the agreement that Jen makes with Megan before they go to see Megan's great aunt Honey?
5. What are the criteria that Jen has in terms of deciding whether or not to take a job that she is offered by another?
6. What do Kathleen and Jen decide to do when Wallace is going to lay down for a nap for a while?
7. What does Jen think about the other people in the town that are very paranoid about their lives and their surroundings?
8. What does Megan think about people like Wallace who get brain tumors for no apparent reason?
9. What does Jen's father begin to do as he begins to feel better after the surgery and is healing well?
10. What is the embarrassing memory that Jen and Wallace share as they are talking about tumors and karma?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)