|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jen use to hit her bed with when she is worried about her father and about the way he's ruined her night?
(b) Tennis racket.
2. Who decides to stay with Jen that night in order to keep her company, though he/she leaves in the morning?
3. Jen is reminded of the way people avoid looking at those with ____________ when she sees how people look at Wallace.
4. Who comes to visit Jen in November, taking her out for coffee and then comes back to her cabin to make love?
5. Wallace warns his kids when they get back that now would be a very bad time to do _______, and they promise not to do it.
(a) The will.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Kathleen and Jen decide to meet later that day in order to talk about Jen's issues?
2. What is the most impressive part of Wallace, according to the siblings, when he first arrives and they take a look at him?
3. What is Jen not supposed to mention when she is visiting Megan's great-aunt one day?
4. What does Randy suggest that Jen ride in when she returns from the hospital visit with Wallace?
5. Wallace and Jen talk about whether they think ________ has anything to do with the problems that Wallace has had.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jen hurt by Kathleen's actions, even though Kathleen still doesn't want to change her plans for the night?
2. What do Kathleen and Jen decide to do when Wallace is going to lay down for a nap for a while?
3. What does Jen tell Randy about their Uncle Colin when they are drinking and cleaning together?
4. What are the criteria that Jen has in terms of deciding whether or not to take a job that she is offered by another?
5. What does Jen do when she turns on the radio, trying to work out a new feeling she has about the tumor Wallace has?
6. What is the exercise called where Jen lies in bed for hours on end each day, according to her conversation with Kathleen?
7. What does Megan think about people like Wallace who get brain tumors for no apparent reason?
8. What does Colin say in a letter that he sends to Jen during the time of Wallace's recuperation?
9. What does Jen think about the other people in the town that are very paranoid about their lives and their surroundings?
10. What is the nightmare that Jen is having when the chapter first begins?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)