|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most impressive part of Wallace, according to the siblings, when he first arrives and they take a look at him?
(a) The bruise between his eyes.
(c) His smile.
(d) His necklace.
2. Where is Megan going to go when she has to go back to school in the fall?
3. Megan has a _________ that most adults lack, it seems, causing her to be a good person for Jen to talk to.
(a) New perspective.
(b) Innocent quality.
(c) Blunt honesty.
(d) Life experience.
4. Who decides that he is too busy to go to the hospital as he is getting ready to go to college?
5. What does Jen calculate when she gets up from her night's rest about a month after Wallace's surgery?
(a) Her monthly expenses.
(b) Her years of life left.
(c) The number of hours until she can sleep again.
(d) The words she's written.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the reclusive neighbor that walks by Jen and she is afraid that he might kill her?
2. Wallace and Jen talk about whether they think ________ has anything to do with the problems that Wallace has had.
3. What does Jen use to hit her bed with when she is worried about her father and about the way he's ruined her night?
4. Megan's great-aunt is happen to see the girls and begins to _____________ with them and they have a good time together.
5. What happens a few years later, though it does not change their relationship? Jen __________ Kathleen.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jen think about the idea of scars on a person's face?
2. What happens when Jen gets a phone call later in the day, inviting her to come to a party with others?
3. What does Jen decide that she needs to do in order to have more money in her life?
4. What happens on the day that Wallace is discharged from the hospital after his surgery?
5. What is the agreement that Jen makes with Megan before they go to see Megan's great aunt Honey?
6. What is the exercise called where Jen lies in bed for hours on end each day, according to her conversation with Kathleen?
7. What is the nightmare that Jen is having when the chapter first begins?
8. What are the criteria that Jen has in terms of deciding whether or not to take a job that she is offered by another?
9. What does Jen's father begin to do as he begins to feel better after the surgery and is healing well?
10. What does Megan think about people like Wallace who get brain tumors for no apparent reason?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)