|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wallace baking for the first time when Jen arrives at the house for the dinner?
(d) Pot brownies.
2. What was the name of the uncle who was once medically dead for three minutes, according to Jen's story to Randy?
3. Who decides to come with Jen to the hospital on the day that Wallace is going to be discharged?
(d) Old Yeller.
4. What is the name of Megan's great-aunt who she and Jen have to see before going to see Wallace?
5. What is on the face of the creature that is following Jen in her scary dream?
(a) A bright light.
(b) A tattoo.
(c) Strange markings.
(d) Open wounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jen actually worries that the other people at the party will ask her if her father is _____________.
2. Megan has a _________ that most adults lack, it seems, causing her to be a good person for Jen to talk to.
3. Jen and Wallace both decide to get ___________ chocolate ice cream as they like to eat ice cream together.
4. The family had been hoping for a _________ or dying prognosis, not the intermediary diagnosis that Wallace receives.
5. What does Jen say when she is invited over to a party over the phone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Colin say in a letter that he sends to Jen during the time of Wallace's recuperation?
2. What begins to happen to Wallace as he starts his weekly radiation treatments, to which Jen drives him?
3. What does Jen tell Randy about their Uncle Colin when they are drinking and cleaning together?
4. What happens on the day that Wallace is discharged from the hospital after his surgery?
5. One morning, about a month after Wallace's surgery, what is the first thought in Jen's mind when she wakes up?
6. What does Jen decide that she needs to do in order to have more money in her life?
7. What happens to Wallace which makes the family begin to question his health again?
8. What is the nightmare that Jen is having when the chapter first begins?
9. What is the exercise called where Jen lies in bed for hours on end each day, according to her conversation with Kathleen?
10. What does Jen think about the idea of scars on a person's face?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)