|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jen thinks about how nice it was to work at the __________ when she was working there.
(a) Hot springs retreat.
2. What does a woman that Jen knows carry around with her in case she is ever in a situation where she found out she could not recover?
(b) Poison mushroom.
3. Jen is reminded of the way people avoid looking at those with ____________ when she sees how people look at Wallace.
4. What does Jen use to hit her bed with when she is worried about her father and about the way he's ruined her night?
(a) Tennis racket.
5. Jen doesn't want her doctor to see her as a __________, even though it's likely she already does.
(b) Grown woman.
(c) Mental patient.
(d) Grieving daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date on which Jen realizes that enough time has gone by since she stopped cleaning houses?
2. What does Kathleen tell Jen that she has to do that night instead of meeting with her?
3. How does the family get through the time when they are waiting for the doctor to call them back?
4. Who decides to come with Jen to the hospital on the day that Wallace is going to be discharged?
5. How much money has Jen been living on each week, which leads her to believe that she needs to earn more?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Jen gets a phone call later in the day, inviting her to come to a party with others?
2. What does Jen decide that she needs to do in order to have more money in her life?
3. One morning, about a month after Wallace's surgery, what is the first thought in Jen's mind when she wakes up?
4. What begins to happen to Wallace as he starts his weekly radiation treatments, to which Jen drives him?
5. What does the doctor tells Wallace about the tumor mass that they removed from his brain during the previous surgery?
6. Why doesn't Randy go to see his dad when his dad is finally being released from the hospital?
7. What does Jen tell Randy about their Uncle Colin when they are drinking and cleaning together?
8. What are the criteria that Jen has in terms of deciding whether or not to take a job that she is offered by another?
9. What is the agreement that Jen makes with Megan before they go to see Megan's great aunt Honey?
10. What is the exercise called where Jen lies in bed for hours on end each day, according to her conversation with Kathleen?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)