|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the new symptom of Wallace's that makes the entire family worried about his condition?
(d) Too much energy.
2. Jen and Wallace talk about how embarrassing it was to bathe nude in the _____________ together.
(c) Hot spring.
(d) Bath tub.
3. What does Kathleen tell Jen that she has to do that night instead of meeting with her?
(a) Go on a date.
(b) Wash her hair.
(c) Read a book.
(d) Go to the ER.
4. What is the name which Jen uses to describe the tumor as well as the other irritations in her life at the time?
(a) Cancer bombs.
(c) Lumpoid masses.
(d) Stupid tumors.
5. What is on the face of the creature that is following Jen in her scary dream?
(a) A tattoo.
(b) A bright light.
(c) Open wounds.
(d) Strange markings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jen's uncle Colin tell her not to do when he writes her a letter, sending his best wishes?
2. Who decides to stay with Jen that night in order to keep her company, though he/she leaves in the morning?
3. What does Wallace decide to drink with the kids upon his arrival home?
4. When Wallace shows up at Jen's, where does he ask her to take him so that he can find out some news?
5. Jen cleans the two houses, but then decides that the people are ___________ and that she will need to find another way to make money.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the criteria that Jen has in terms of deciding whether or not to take a job that she is offered by another?
2. What is the embarrassing memory that Jen and Wallace share as they are talking about tumors and karma?
3. Why is Jen hurt by Kathleen's actions, even though Kathleen still doesn't want to change her plans for the night?
4. What is the nightmare that Jen is having when the chapter first begins?
5. What begins to happen to Wallace as he starts his weekly radiation treatments, to which Jen drives him?
6. What does Jen think about the idea of scars on a person's face?
7. One morning, about a month after Wallace's surgery, what is the first thought in Jen's mind when she wakes up?
8. What does Jen's father begin to do as he begins to feel better after the surgery and is healing well?
9. What happens when Jen gets a phone call later in the day, inviting her to come to a party with others?
10. Why doesn't Randy go to see his dad when his dad is finally being released from the hospital?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)