|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jen and Wallace both decide to get ___________ chocolate ice cream as they like to eat ice cream together.
(c) Peanut butter.
2. What is NOT one of the rules that Jen has when she makes a decision to take a job or to not take a job?
(a) She does not wake up to an alarm clock.
(b) She does not work under fluorescent lighting.
(c) She does not have to dress up.
(d) She has to make minimum wage.
3. What was Jen chasing in the dream that makes her wake up screaming during this section of the story?
4. Who comes to visit Jen in November, taking her out for coffee and then comes back to her cabin to make love?
5. Jen confesses to Kathleen that she is doing ________ yoga in order to cope in her life right now.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows up for Thanksgiving and walks with Jen to Wallace's house?
2. What happens on the day that Wallace is finally discharged from the hospital?
3. The family had been hoping for a _________ or dying prognosis, not the intermediary diagnosis that Wallace receives.
4. Jen rereads a letter from __________ later that night as she gets drunk and feels sorry for herself.
5. Whose parents died of a double suicide ten years previously, which may explain a lot about this character?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the embarrassing memory that Jen and Wallace share as they are talking about tumors and karma?
2. What happens to Wallace which makes the family begin to question his health again?
3. What begins to happen to Wallace as he starts his weekly radiation treatments, to which Jen drives him?
4. What does Jen think about the idea of scars on a person's face?
5. What happens on the day that Wallace is discharged from the hospital after his surgery?
6. What does Jen tell Randy about their Uncle Colin when they are drinking and cleaning together?
7. What does Jen decide that she needs to do in order to have more money in her life?
8. What happens when Jen gets a phone call later in the day, inviting her to come to a party with others?
9. What is the agreement that Jen makes with Megan before they go to see Megan's great aunt Honey?
10. What are the criteria that Jen has in terms of deciding whether or not to take a job that she is offered by another?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)