|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides that he is too busy to go to the hospital as he is getting ready to go to college?
2. What do Kathleen and Jen decide to go get when Wallace goes back to sleep after a visit with them?
(a) A bag of chips.
(c) Ice cream.
3. Jen thinks about how nice it was to work at the __________ when she was working there.
(d) Hot springs retreat.
4. What does Jen say that she thinks her problem is, rather than admitting she has a lump?
5. Her old friend who comes to visit tells Jen that he/she already has a significant other in _____________.
(b) San Jose.
(c) Los Alamos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the man that Jen slept with a few times when Kathleen was getting a divorce?
2. What does Jen use to hit her bed with when she is worried about her father and about the way he's ruined her night?
3. The family had been hoping for a _________ or dying prognosis, not the intermediary diagnosis that Wallace receives.
4. What is Wallace baking for the first time when Jen arrives at the house for the dinner?
5. What is the date on which Jen realizes that enough time has gone by since she stopped cleaning houses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on the day that Wallace is discharged from the hospital after his surgery?
2. What does Jen tell Randy about their Uncle Colin when they are drinking and cleaning together?
3. What are the criteria that Jen has in terms of deciding whether or not to take a job that she is offered by another?
4. What is the worry that Jen has about being at parties, and what a person might ask her when she is there?
5. What does Megan think about people like Wallace who get brain tumors for no apparent reason?
6. What begins to happen to Wallace as he starts his weekly radiation treatments, to which Jen drives him?
7. What does Jen think about the idea of scars on a person's face?
8. What does Jen do when she turns on the radio, trying to work out a new feeling she has about the tumor Wallace has?
9. What is the exercise called where Jen lies in bed for hours on end each day, according to her conversation with Kathleen?
10. What happens to Wallace which makes the family begin to question his health again?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)