|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides that he is too busy to go to the hospital as he is getting ready to go to college?
2. What does Jen do when she needs to scream in order to deal with the idea of Wallace's brain tumor?
(b) Turns on the radio.
(c) Breaks things.
(d) Runs to the cliff.
3. Kathleen and Jen discuss the various effects that _________ can have on a person's brain, even destroying it.
4. What does Jen calculate when she gets up from her night's rest about a month after Wallace's surgery?
(a) The number of hours until she can sleep again.
(b) The words she's written.
(c) Her monthly expenses.
(d) Her years of life left.
5. What does Randy say that he has changed his mind on, given the circumstances with Wallace?
(b) His book.
(c) His career.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the hospital that Megan and Jen are going to in order to see Wallace on his discharge day?
2. Jen begins to write about abuse she suffered at _________ hands when she returns to her typewriter.
3. Jen rereads a letter from __________ later that night as she gets drunk and feels sorry for herself.
4. Jen confesses to Kathleen that she is doing ________ yoga in order to cope in her life right now.
5. Wallace warns his kids when they get back that now would be a very bad time to do _______, and they promise not to do it.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jen think about the other people in the town that are very paranoid about their lives and their surroundings?
2. What does Megan think about people like Wallace who get brain tumors for no apparent reason?
3. What does the doctor tells Wallace about the tumor mass that they removed from his brain during the previous surgery?
4. What does Jen decide that she needs to do in order to have more money in her life?
5. What is the agreement that Jen makes with Megan before they go to see Megan's great aunt Honey?
6. What is the most noticeable difference in Wallace when he is home and healing from his surgery?
7. What happens when Jen gets a phone call later in the day, inviting her to come to a party with others?
8. What is the exercise called where Jen lies in bed for hours on end each day, according to her conversation with Kathleen?
9. What happens on the day that Wallace is discharged from the hospital after his surgery?
10. What is the embarrassing memory that Jen and Wallace share as they are talking about tumors and karma?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)