|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wallace decide to drink with the kids upon his arrival home?
2. Where is Megan going to go when she has to go back to school in the fall?
3. What does Jen calculate when she gets up from her night's rest about a month after Wallace's surgery?
(a) Her monthly expenses.
(b) The number of hours until she can sleep again.
(c) The words she's written.
(d) Her years of life left.
4. What was the name of the man that Jen slept with a few times when Kathleen was getting a divorce?
5. What is Wallace baking for the first time when Jen arrives at the house for the dinner?
(c) Pot brownies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Randy present as a gift to Wallace when he comes back into the room to see him?
2. What does Jen say that she thinks her problem is, rather than admitting she has a lump?
3. Jen cleans the two houses, but then decides that the people are ___________ and that she will need to find another way to make money.
4. Her old friend who comes to visit tells Jen that he/she already has a significant other in _____________.
5. What does Jen do when she needs to scream in order to deal with the idea of Wallace's brain tumor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the criteria that Jen has in terms of deciding whether or not to take a job that she is offered by another?
2. What is the embarrassing memory that Jen and Wallace share as they are talking about tumors and karma?
3. What does the doctor tells Wallace about the tumor mass that they removed from his brain during the previous surgery?
4. What happens on the day that Wallace is discharged from the hospital after his surgery?
5. What is the worry that Jen has about being at parties, and what a person might ask her when she is there?
6. What does Jen do when she turns on the radio, trying to work out a new feeling she has about the tumor Wallace has?
7. Why is Jen hurt by Kathleen's actions, even though Kathleen still doesn't want to change her plans for the night?
8. What does Megan think about people like Wallace who get brain tumors for no apparent reason?
9. What does Jen's father begin to do as he begins to feel better after the surgery and is healing well?
10. What begins to happen to Wallace as he starts his weekly radiation treatments, to which Jen drives him?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)