|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eric and Jen have less of a romance and more of a friendship that is punctuated with ________, according to the book.
(a) Rock and roll.
2. Who is the person that first hears Wallace stumble in order to think of a word?
3. Kathleen wants to point out that while Jen might be going through a __________, that she is not the only one.
(b) Happy time.
4. Kathleen is clear about her inability to make ___________ in her life, which might be a sign of a disorder as well.
5. How old is Jen's friend Megan, the one who sometimes stays with her at the cabin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What catches fire the week before the surgery for Wallace is scheduled to happen?
2. Some people in the town believe that all of the bad things that are happening are due to ___________ in retrograde.
3. Where do Jen and her dream consultant like to meet, though the consultant is always late for the meeting?
4. What's frustrating to Wallace is that he can only get ______ hour's worth of work accomplished in four hours, which is not the way it used to be.
5. How many people does Jen work for during the week, allowing her to spend the rest of the time writing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reason that Wallace is having some troubles talking, according to Sarah's report to the children?
2. What are some of the things that happen to the people in Clement in the months leading up to Wallace's surgery?
3. What does Jen do when the phone finally rings after Kathleen finally calls Jen back after her many calls?
4. What does Eric do on Easter when Jen is very sick and lying in bed in her cabin?
5. What does Sarah say is completely normal when the children walk into the hospital room?
6. What is the first sign that there is something wrong with Wallace, according to the story?
7. What does Jen know will happen every time she schedules a meeting with Kathleen?
8. What happens when Jen gets really drunk after calling up Kathleen after their missed appointment?
9. What happens with the cat when Jen is lying in bed after her drugged and drunk rage?
10. Where are the children living at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)