|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jen think is happening with Eric when she wakes up in the night to find that he is not there anymore?
(a) Sleeping with someone else.
(d) Drinking at a bar.
2. What do Jen and Randy put up with from Ben as they realize that he is nervous about seeing his father in the hospital?
(b) His sour mood.
(c) The big brother lecturing.
(d) His drunkenness.
3. What is the name of Jen's best friend, as she is described to be in the story, though not necessarily by her actions?
4. What does Wallace decide to make out before his surgery, just in case something happens?
(a) His will.
(b) A video tape.
(c) His final novel.
(d) A mix CD.
5. On what night of the week does Jen have a standing appointment with her dream consultant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name that Randy gives to the dead animal he brings back home with him during the story?
2. While everyone loves this person, this person still drives everyone crazy with his/her silly and boundless energy. Who is it?
3. What is the holiday on which Jen is sick and tries to get Eric to come over to help her during this time?
4. What do the brothers not do with their father as they seem to think this is unmanly, even in the circumstances?
5. The dream that Jen has is interpreted by Kathleen as __________ not wanting to share the bad or embarrassing parts with others.
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to all of Jen's male friends, or so she remembers when she is driving away from the hospital?
2. What is the finding of the doctor when Wallace goes in to find out more about the difficulties he's having?
3. Where are the children living at the beginning of the story?
4. What happens when one of the Burn Outs offers to give Jen a ride to her work one day?
5. What happens to Wallace in the week before his surgery, making him think that Mercury is targeting him?
6. What does Wallace share with his child to be his hopes for the health problem he now faces?
7. Why does Wallace decide to make up a will before he goes into surgery?
8. What are the worries that Wallace has as he begins to undergo the process of removing the problem from his body?
9. What is the living situation of Jen at the beginning of the story and how did she come upon this arrangement?
10. Why was the ancient castle built in San Francisco, according to the story's details?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)