|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jen likes to be around Megan since she is not afraid of Megan __________ her, like so many other people might.
2. Who does Jen imagine is surrounding her when she is in her drugged and drunk state after leaving her meeting?
(b) Her brothers.
3. On Thursdays, Jen cleans the home of a _________________ who is actually not all that he seems, in her opinion. And he tries to cheat her each week.
(b) Trust fund radical.
(c) Hindu disciple.
(d) Republican attorney.
4. Where does Eric tell Jen that he needs to go in order to begin to find himself and his true feelings?
5. Which of the children still lives with his father, though this changes later on in the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jen finds her town irritating because of all of the conflicting ____________ it has, but it's the only home she has right now.
2. Who calls Jen in the middle of the night, but Jen hangs up on this person in her disgust?
3. What's frustrating to Wallace is that he can only get ______ hour's worth of work accomplished in four hours, which is not the way it used to be.
4. What is the name of Jen's best friend, as she is described to be in the story, though not necessarily by her actions?
5. Who calls Jen to let her know that everything in the surgery went well and that Wallace was resting comfortably?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wallace share with his child to be his hopes for the health problem he now faces?
2. What happens when one of the Burn Outs offers to give Jen a ride to her work one day?
3. What is the difference between regular funerals and the kinds of funerals which are given to those who have committed suicide?
4. What happens in order to wake Wallace up and to get him talking to his children in the room?
5. Where are the children living at the beginning of the story?
6. What does Jen know will happen every time she schedules a meeting with Kathleen?
7. What happens when Jen gets really drunk after calling up Kathleen after their missed appointment?
8. What does Eric do on Easter when Jen is very sick and lying in bed in her cabin?
9. Why doesn't Jen decide to tell Eric about the brain tumor that her father has been diagnosed as having?
10. Why doesn't Megan believe that Jen cleans houses for a living, as she explains when they are talking?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)