|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the funerals in the town, people will ___________ whatever they think is appropriate for sending off a person they love or respect.
2. What do the kids make in order to cover up their nervousness when they finally take Wallace to this hospital?
(a) Excuses not to come to the hospital.
(b) Bad drinks.
(d) Large joints.
3. What is Wallace having trouble doing after his surgery, as a result of swelling in his brain?
4. The siblings decide that everyone in their family is ______________ anyway, so their psychoses don't matter.
(a) Dead or dying.
(b) Mentally ill.
5. In the town, _________ tend to be strange affairs with eclectic contents, depending on the focus of the day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wallace ask for when he wakes up, though Randy spills it as he is giving it to him?
2. Who calls Jen in the middle of the night, but Jen hangs up on this person in her disgust?
3. Jen realizes she has no male friends in town who are over the age of ___________, aside from her brothers.
4. Since life is filled with insane situations, it seems that there is no reason to try to approach life as though these situations were always _____________.
5. What does the family next door to Jen have which they always try to talk to her about, much to her displeasure?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Colin say in a letter that he sends to Jen during the time of Wallace's recuperation?
2. Why was the ancient castle built in San Francisco, according to the story's details?
3. What does Jen think about the other people in the town that are very paranoid about their lives and their surroundings?
4. What does Jen do when she turns on the radio, trying to work out a new feeling she has about the tumor Wallace has?
5. How did Eric and Jen meet, according to the story that Jen tells in the book?
6. Why doesn't Eric like to talk about his feelings when Jen tries to get him to do so?
7. What is the exercise called where Jen lies in bed for hours on end each day, according to her conversation with Kathleen?
8. What is the reason that Wallace is having some troubles talking, according to Sarah's report to the children?
9. What does Jen do when the phone finally rings after Kathleen finally calls Jen back after her many calls?
10. Why is Jen hurt by Kathleen's actions, even though Kathleen still doesn't want to change her plans for the night?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)