|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wallace having trouble doing after his surgery, as a result of swelling in his brain?
2. Does Jen have a boyfriend at this particular time in the book?
(b) She has several.
(d) Sort of.
3. Jen thinks that _______ are the best gatherings she knows about, along with getting together at the bedside of a dying person.
(b) Church services.
4. Randy points out that Wallace's looking great is like the ________________, and it's not fooling anyone.
(a) Biggest lie.
(b) Nixon coverup.
(c) Emperor's new clothes.
5. What kind of dead bird does Randy find when he and the others are walking on the beach?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jen do as she is settling into bed as she realizes her pillow is getting dirty?
2. What is NOT one of the names of the children who are described and followed in this book?
3. What does Kathleen offer as her excuse for not meeting with Jen as she promised to do?
4. Eric and Jen have less of a romance and more of a friendship that is punctuated with ________, according to the book.
5. Where does Eric tell Jen that he needs to go in order to begin to find himself and his true feelings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the children so surprised that they get along when they are together in the present time?
2. What does Jen think about her next door neighbors, as she is walking to work one day?
3. Why does Wallace decide to make up a will before he goes into surgery?
4. Why doesn't Jen decide to tell Eric about the brain tumor that her father has been diagnosed as having?
5. What does the family do in the days leading up to Wallace's surgery, trying to forget about what's to happen?
6. What is the finding of the doctor when Wallace goes in to find out more about the difficulties he's having?
7. What is the reason that Wallace is having some troubles talking, according to Sarah's report to the children?
8. What does Eric do on Easter when Jen is very sick and lying in bed in her cabin?
9. Why does Jen love to have Megan over to stay with her at her little home?
10. What is the first sign that there is something wrong with Wallace, according to the story?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)