|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jen call when she is upset about the tumor and this person comes immediately over to see her?
2. Miriam Brown is known as the town's most infamous __________ and she has one of her babies with her.
3. Since life is filled with insane situations, it seems that there is no reason to try to approach life as though these situations were always _____________.
4. What do the people next door to Jen remind her of, as she describes them for the reader?
(a) No one.
(c) Her brothers.
(d) Her mother.
5. What does Jen want to avoid when she is sitting and waiting for Kathleen to show up at their meeting place?
(a) Other bar patrons.
(b) Her thoughts.
(d) Her brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name that Randy gives to the dead animal he brings back home with him during the story?
2. What does Sarah say should go away in about a week, which will allow Wallace to look a little more normal?
3. Jen's father is the son of ________ in Tokyo, while Jen's mother is an Englishwoman, according to the story.
4. Which animal does Jen live with, even though it is a little wild and likes to urinate all over her things?
5. The ______ children of the 1970s had a hard time trying to reconcile their ideals with real life, according to the book.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the children so surprised that they get along when they are together in the present time?
2. What happens when Jen gets really drunk after calling up Kathleen after their missed appointment?
3. What does the family do in the days leading up to Wallace's surgery, trying to forget about what's to happen?
4. Why doesn't Eric like to talk about his feelings when Jen tries to get him to do so?
5. Why doesn't Megan believe that Jen cleans houses for a living, as she explains when they are talking?
6. What happens to Wallace in the week before his surgery, making him think that Mercury is targeting him?
7. What are some of the things that happen to the people in Clement in the months leading up to Wallace's surgery?
8. What happens between the children before they decide to go into the hospital after the surgery?
9. What does Jen do when the phone finally rings after Kathleen finally calls Jen back after her many calls?
10. What is the first sign that there is something wrong with Wallace, according to the story?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)