|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the things that drew Jen to Eric is that he never says anything about the __________ in her cabin.
2. What is the one subject that Eric doesn't want to talk about and that he becomes defensive about when Jen tries?
(d) The future.
3. Which animal does Jen live with, even though it is a little wild and likes to urinate all over her things?
4. Jennifer's family lives in the state of ______________ in a castle that some immigrants built when they first came over to America.
5. At one point, Kathleen was married to a _____________, according to their conversations together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What catches fire the week before the surgery for Wallace is scheduled to happen?
2. Some people in the town believe that all of the bad things that are happening are due to ___________ in retrograde.
3. Jen's father is the son of ________ in Tokyo, while Jen's mother is an Englishwoman, according to the story.
4. Jen resents the fact that she has to go clean a ____________ house for four hours as a part of her way to make money.
5. Where does Eric tell Jen that he needs to go in order to begin to find himself and his true feelings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Eric like to talk about his feelings when Jen tries to get him to do so?
2. What is the first sign that there is something wrong with Wallace, according to the story?
3. What happens when Jen gets really drunk after calling up Kathleen after their missed appointment?
4. Where are the children living at the beginning of the story?
5. What does Kathleen say about the relationship between Eric and Jen, according to the story?
6. What has happened to all of Jen's male friends, or so she remembers when she is driving away from the hospital?
7. What is the finding of the doctor when Wallace goes in to find out more about the difficulties he's having?
8. What is the reason that Wallace is having some troubles talking, according to Sarah's report to the children?
9. What do the townspeople say is happening in the town, which is what is leading to all of the misery?
10. What are the worries that Wallace has as he begins to undergo the process of removing the problem from his body?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)