|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What's frustrating to Wallace is that he can only get ______ hour's worth of work accomplished in four hours, which is not the way it used to be.
2. The siblings decide that everyone in their family is ______________ anyway, so their psychoses don't matter.
(a) Mentally ill.
(d) Dead or dying.
3. Where do Jen and her dream consultant like to meet, though the consultant is always late for the meeting?
(a) Her cabin.
(b) A bar.
(c) The bookstore.
(d) A coffee shop.
4. ________ points out to the character in #86 that everyone knows what he is going through, so no one is going to criticize him for his actions.
5. What starts blowing up in the town where Jen lives, something that is considered to be a strange event?
(c) Gas stations.
(d) Gas lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nurse tells the children that Wallace isn't allowed to have so many _________ in his room.
2. Jen likes to be around Megan since she is not afraid of Megan __________ her, like so many other people might.
3. Kathleen dresses quickly in the morning so that Jen will not see _____________, it seems.
4. What is the one subject that Eric doesn't want to talk about and that he becomes defensive about when Jen tries?
5. This New Age group likes to _________ strangers, which makes those new people uncomfortable when visiting the town.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Megan believe that Jen cleans houses for a living, as she explains when they are talking?
2. What happens between the children before they decide to go into the hospital after the surgery?
3. What is the difference between regular funerals and the kinds of funerals which are given to those who have committed suicide?
4. What does Jen think about her next door neighbors, as she is walking to work one day?
5. What is the reason that Wallace is having some troubles talking, according to Sarah's report to the children?
6. What does Eric do on Easter when Jen is very sick and lying in bed in her cabin?
7. What does Kathleen offer as an explanation for what happened at Jen and her meeting?
8. What are some of the things that happen to the people in Clement in the months leading up to Wallace's surgery?
9. What is the first sign that there is something wrong with Wallace, according to the story?
10. Why does Jen decide that she wants to clean houses for a living, at least at this point of the story?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)