|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Jen that she might as well stay with Eric since he is comfortable and convenient?
2. The siblings decide to go get lunch from __________ and then to have a picnic on the floor after seeing Wallace.
(a) A fast food chain.
(b) A deli.
(d) A restaurant.
3. One of the things that drew Jen to Eric is that he never says anything about the __________ in her cabin.
4. What does Kathleen offer as her excuse for not meeting with Jen as she promised to do?
(c) Doesn't like Jen.
(d) Death in the family.
5. Who is the person that stands outside and smokes before going in to see Wallace after the surgery?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jen finds her town irritating because of all of the conflicting ____________ it has, but it's the only home she has right now.
2. What is the name that Randy gives to the dead animal he brings back home with him during the story?
3. What is the name of Wallace's girlfriend who is living with him and with one of his children?
4. What did Kathleen's ex-husband encourage her to do in order to prevent herself from gaining weight?
5. Eric and Jen have less of a romance and more of a friendship that is punctuated with ________, according to the book.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the ancient castle built in San Francisco, according to the story's details?
2. What is the first sign that there is something wrong with Wallace, according to the story?
3. What does Wallace share with his child to be his hopes for the health problem he now faces?
4. What happens between the children before they decide to go into the hospital after the surgery?
5. What is the reason that Wallace is having some troubles talking, according to Sarah's report to the children?
6. Why does Wallace decide to make up a will before he goes into surgery?
7. What are some of the things that happen to the people in Clement in the months leading up to Wallace's surgery?
8. What has happened to all of Jen's male friends, or so she remembers when she is driving away from the hospital?
9. Where are the children living at the beginning of the story?
10. What do the townspeople say is happening in the town, which is what is leading to all of the misery?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)