|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the sport that Eric and Jen were playing when they first met each other?
(b) Tennis doubles.
2. What is the holiday on which Jen is sick and tries to get Eric to come over to help her during this time?
(c) Valentine's Day.
3. The siblings decide to go get lunch from __________ and then to have a picnic on the floor after seeing Wallace.
(a) A restaurant.
(c) A deli.
(d) A fast food chain.
4. Kathleen is clear about her inability to make ___________ in her life, which might be a sign of a disorder as well.
5. What does Sarah decide to go do in order to give the kids some space to see their dad on their own?
(a) Go home to sleep.
(b) Go to lunch.
(c) Take a shower.
(d) Walk the halls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kathleen dresses quickly in the morning so that Jen will not see _____________, it seems.
2. What catches fire the week before the surgery for Wallace is scheduled to happen?
3. How does Jen call Kathleen when she realizes that she is not showing up for their meeting?
4. Jen's father is the son of ________ in Tokyo, while Jen's mother is an Englishwoman, according to the story.
5. What was the background of the immigrants who built the castle in which Jen and her family used to live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Eric and Jen meet, according to the story that Jen tells in the book?
2. What does Wallace share with his child to be his hopes for the health problem he now faces?
3. Why does Jen decide that she wants to clean houses for a living, at least at this point of the story?
4. What is the reason that Wallace is having some troubles talking, according to Sarah's report to the children?
5. Why does Wallace decide to make up a will before he goes into surgery?
6. What do the townspeople say is happening in the town, which is what is leading to all of the misery?
7. What does Jen do when the phone finally rings after Kathleen finally calls Jen back after her many calls?
8. What is the finding of the doctor when Wallace goes in to find out more about the difficulties he's having?
9. What is the difference between regular funerals and the kinds of funerals which are given to those who have committed suicide?
10. What is the first sign that there is something wrong with Wallace, according to the story?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)