|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Thursdays, Jen cleans the home of a _________________ who is actually not all that he seems, in her opinion. And he tries to cheat her each week.
(a) Trust fund radical.
(b) Republican attorney.
(c) Hindu disciple.
2. What is the holiday on which Jen is sick and tries to get Eric to come over to help her during this time?
(c) Valentine's Day.
3. Since life is filled with insane situations, it seems that there is no reason to try to approach life as though these situations were always _____________.
4. Where does Eric tell Jen that he needs to go in order to begin to find himself and his true feelings?
5. How old is Jen's friend Megan, the one who sometimes stays with her at the cabin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Randy points out that Wallace's looking great is like the ________________, and it's not fooling anyone.
2. Eric and Jen have less of a romance and more of a friendship that is punctuated with ________, according to the book.
3. What does Megan say that she will do until Jen gets back from her work time?
4. What does Jen want to avoid when she is sitting and waiting for Kathleen to show up at their meeting place?
5. What is NOT one of the names of the children who are described and followed in this book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with the cat when Jen is lying in bed after her drugged and drunk rage?
2. One morning, about a month after Wallace's surgery, what is the first thought in Jen's mind when she wakes up?
3. What happens to Wallace in the week before his surgery, making him think that Mercury is targeting him?
4. What is the most noticeable difference in Wallace when he is home and healing from his surgery?
5. Why doesn't Randy go to see his dad when his dad is finally being released from the hospital?
6. What do Kathleen and Jen decide to do when Wallace is going to lay down for a nap for a while?
7. Why are the children so surprised that they get along when they are together in the present time?
8. What does Kathleen say about the relationship between Eric and Jen, according to the story?
9. What does Jen think about the other people in the town that are very paranoid about their lives and their surroundings?
10. Why does Wallace decide to make up a will before he goes into surgery?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)