|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While there are times when Jen enjoys the shows that the Burn Outs provide for the town, most of the time they make her _____________.
2. Wallace says that if he should become a vegetable that they ____________ pull the plug, according to his wishes.
(a) Should wait to.
(c) Should not.
(d) May need to.
3. What is the name of the Burn Out who receives $1000 a month just to stay out of his/her parents' hometown?
(a) Fair Mama.
(b) Hippie Joe.
(d) Frank Morgan.
4. What do the people next door to Jen remind her of, as she describes them for the reader?
(b) Her brothers.
(c) No one.
(d) Her mother.
5. The nurse tells the children that Wallace isn't allowed to have so many _________ in his room.
(b) Loud noises.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the family now have to wait for after the surgery, though they didn't realize it would be so long?
2. Does Jen have a boyfriend at this particular time in the book?
3. What is the one subject that Eric doesn't want to talk about and that he becomes defensive about when Jen tries?
4. What is the profession of Jen's best friend? She is a ________ consultant who helps Jen with her questions.
5. What does Wallace decide to make out before his surgery, just in case something happens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when one of the Burn Outs offers to give Jen a ride to her work one day?
2. Why doesn't Megan believe that Jen cleans houses for a living, as she explains when they are talking?
3. Why doesn't Eric like to talk about his feelings when Jen tries to get him to do so?
4. What does Megan wish that Jen would do in relation to Jen's boyfriend, Eric?
5. What happens between the children before they decide to go into the hospital after the surgery?
6. What has happened to all of Jen's male friends, or so she remembers when she is driving away from the hospital?
7. What happens with the cat when Jen is lying in bed after her drugged and drunk rage?
8. What does Kathleen offer as an explanation for what happened at Jen and her meeting?
9. How did Eric and Jen meet, according to the story that Jen tells in the book?
10. What does Eric do on Easter when Jen is very sick and lying in bed in her cabin?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)