|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jen decide to do when she is sitting in her yard, not able to sleep because of the surgery?
(c) Throw pebbles.
2. Because Ben used to ___________, he doesn't want people to think that he's thrown his life away by becoming an emotional mess now.
(a) Be a leader.
(b) Live on the streets.
(c) Be rich.
(d) Do drugs.
3. Jen realizes she has no male friends in town who are over the age of ___________, aside from her brothers.
4. Which animal does Jen live with, even though it is a little wild and likes to urinate all over her things?
5. How old is Jen's friend Megan, the one who sometimes stays with her at the cabin?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the town, _________ tend to be strange affairs with eclectic contents, depending on the focus of the day.
2. What starts blowing up in the town where Jen lives, something that is considered to be a strange event?
3. What is the name of Wallace's girlfriend who is living with him and with one of his children?
4. Who is the person that knocks over the vase accidentally, which causes Wallace to wake up?
5. Kathleen is clear about her inability to make ___________ in her life, which might be a sign of a disorder as well.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eric do on Easter when Jen is very sick and lying in bed in her cabin?
2. What happens in order to wake Wallace up and to get him talking to his children in the room?
3. What does the family do in the days leading up to Wallace's surgery, trying to forget about what's to happen?
4. What does Jen know will happen every time she schedules a meeting with Kathleen?
5. What has happened to all of Jen's male friends, or so she remembers when she is driving away from the hospital?
6. Why doesn't Eric like to talk about his feelings when Jen tries to get him to do so?
7. What do the townspeople say is happening in the town, which is what is leading to all of the misery?
8. Why was the ancient castle built in San Francisco, according to the story's details?
9. What happens when Jen gets really drunk after calling up Kathleen after their missed appointment?
10. Why does Jen decide that she wants to clean houses for a living, at least at this point of the story?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)