|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jen call Kathleen when she realizes that she is not showing up for their meeting?
(a) Pay phone.
(b) The gas station employee phone.
(c) Bartender's phone.
(d) A cell phone.
2. Who tells the kids that the way that Wallace looks is very normal after a surgery of this type?
(a) The nurse.
(c) No one.
3. One of the things that drew Jen to Eric is that he never says anything about the __________ in her cabin.
4. Who tells Jen that she might as well stay with Eric since he is comfortable and convenient?
5. Which of the children still lives with his father, though this changes later on in the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Miriam Brown is known as the town's most infamous __________ and she has one of her babies with her.
2. What is the name of Jen's best friend, as she is described to be in the story, though not necessarily by her actions?
3. While everyone loves this person, this person still drives everyone crazy with his/her silly and boundless energy. Who is it?
4. What is the profession of Jen's best friend? She is a ________ consultant who helps Jen with her questions.
5. What catches fire the week before the surgery for Wallace is scheduled to happen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Megan believe that Jen cleans houses for a living, as she explains when they are talking?
2. What does Jen do when the phone finally rings after Kathleen finally calls Jen back after her many calls?
3. What does Sarah say is completely normal when the children walk into the hospital room?
4. What do the townspeople say is happening in the town, which is what is leading to all of the misery?
5. What does Eric do on Easter when Jen is very sick and lying in bed in her cabin?
6. What does Jen think about her next door neighbors, as she is walking to work one day?
7. What are some of the things that happen to the people in Clement in the months leading up to Wallace's surgery?
8. What happens when Jen gets really drunk after calling up Kathleen after their missed appointment?
9. What happens between the children before they decide to go into the hospital after the surgery?
10. Why was the ancient castle built in San Francisco, according to the story's details?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)