|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Randy points out that Wallace's looking great is like the ________________, and it's not fooling anyone.
(b) Nixon coverup.
(c) Biggest lie.
(d) Emperor's new clothes.
2. What does Megan say that she will do until Jen gets back from her work time?
3. Miriam Brown is known as the town's most infamous __________ and she has one of her babies with her.
4. Who does Jen imagine is surrounding her when she is in her drugged and drunk state after leaving her meeting?
(c) Her brothers.
5. Jen's father is the son of ________ in Tokyo, while Jen's mother is an Englishwoman, according to the story.
(a) Car salesmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the children still lives with his father, though this changes later on in the story?
2. What is the name of Jen's best friend, as she is described to be in the story, though not necessarily by her actions?
3. What is the profession of Jen's best friend? She is a ________ consultant who helps Jen with her questions.
4. What does the family now have to wait for after the surgery, though they didn't realize it would be so long?
5. Wallace says that if he should become a vegetable that they ____________ pull the plug, according to his wishes.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jen decide that she wants to clean houses for a living, at least at this point of the story?
2. Why doesn't Eric like to talk about his feelings when Jen tries to get him to do so?
3. What does Sarah say is completely normal when the children walk into the hospital room?
4. What happens every Tuesday night in Jen's life, according to the story?
5. What is the difference between regular funerals and the kinds of funerals which are given to those who have committed suicide?
6. What does Eric do on Easter when Jen is very sick and lying in bed in her cabin?
7. What is the reason that Wallace is having some troubles talking, according to Sarah's report to the children?
8. What happens to Wallace in the week before his surgery, making him think that Mercury is targeting him?
9. What does Kathleen offer as an explanation for what happened at Jen and her meeting?
10. Why does Wallace decide to make up a will before he goes into surgery?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)