|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jen likes to be around Megan since she is not afraid of Megan __________ her, like so many other people might.
2. What is the occupation of Jen when the story first begins for the reader, though it is said she is bad at this on her own?
(b) Bank teller.
(d) House cleaner.
3. What is Wallace having trouble doing after his surgery, as a result of swelling in his brain?
4. Randy points out that Wallace's looking great is like the ________________, and it's not fooling anyone.
(a) Emperor's new clothes.
(c) Nixon coverup.
(d) Biggest lie.
5. What does Jen learn about a week before Eric says that he will be leaving her?
(a) He's been sleeping around.
(b) She's pregnant.
(c) Her father's tumor.
(d) She's getting evicted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kathleen's ex-husband encourage her to do in order to prevent herself from gaining weight?
2. Some people in the town believe that all of the bad things that are happening are due to ___________ in retrograde.
3. What do the brothers not do with their father as they seem to think this is unmanly, even in the circumstances?
4. Jennifer's family lives in the state of ______________ in a castle that some immigrants built when they first came over to America.
5. The siblings decide that everyone in their family is ______________ anyway, so their psychoses don't matter.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Megan believe that Jen cleans houses for a living, as she explains when they are talking?
2. What does Kathleen offer as an explanation for what happened at Jen and her meeting?
3. What is the living situation of Jen at the beginning of the story and how did she come upon this arrangement?
4. What are the worries that Wallace has as he begins to undergo the process of removing the problem from his body?
5. Why doesn't Eric like to talk about his feelings when Jen tries to get him to do so?
6. How did Eric and Jen meet, according to the story that Jen tells in the book?
7. What has happened to all of Jen's male friends, or so she remembers when she is driving away from the hospital?
8. What is the finding of the doctor when Wallace goes in to find out more about the difficulties he's having?
9. What happens when one of the Burn Outs offers to give Jen a ride to her work one day?
10. Why are the children so surprised that they get along when they are together in the present time?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)