|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a friend of Jen's do for this friend's mother in order to help alleviate the pain of dying?
(a) Gives her medical marijuana.
(c) Gives her mother LSD.
(d) Pulls the plug.
2. Some of the local ____________ are taken to the local mental hospital in straitjackets, according to the story.
(c) Burn Outs.
(d) New Agers.
3. The siblings decide that everyone in their family is ______________ anyway, so their psychoses don't matter.
(b) Mentally ill.
(c) Dead or dying.
4. This friend of Jen's tries to reassure her with a story about her family ________, even though the story doesn't end well.
5. Jen resents the fact that she has to go clean a ____________ house for four hours as a part of her way to make money.
(b) Rich person's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kathleen is clear about her inability to make ___________ in her life, which might be a sign of a disorder as well.
2. The nurse tells the children that Wallace isn't allowed to have so many _________ in his room.
3. The dream that Jen has is interpreted by Kathleen as __________ not wanting to share the bad or embarrassing parts with others.
4. In the town, _________ tend to be strange affairs with eclectic contents, depending on the focus of the day.
5. Since life is filled with insane situations, it seems that there is no reason to try to approach life as though these situations were always _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jen decide that she wants to clean houses for a living, at least at this point of the story?
2. What happens between the children before they decide to go into the hospital after the surgery?
3. What happens when one of the Burn Outs offers to give Jen a ride to her work one day?
4. What is the first sign that there is something wrong with Wallace, according to the story?
5. What does Eric do on Easter when Jen is very sick and lying in bed in her cabin?
6. What does Jen do when the phone finally rings after Kathleen finally calls Jen back after her many calls?
7. Why doesn't Eric like to talk about his feelings when Jen tries to get him to do so?
8. Why doesn't Jen decide to tell Eric about the brain tumor that her father has been diagnosed as having?
9. What happens in order to wake Wallace up and to get him talking to his children in the room?
10. What does Kathleen say about the relationship between Eric and Jen, according to the story?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)