|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of Jen when the story first begins for the reader, though it is said she is bad at this on her own?
(b) Bank teller.
(c) House cleaner.
2. Who is the person that first hears Wallace stumble in order to think of a word?
3. Some of the local ____________ are taken to the local mental hospital in straitjackets, according to the story.
(b) Burn Outs.
(d) New Agers.
4. What is Wallace having trouble doing after his surgery, as a result of swelling in his brain?
5. What is the holiday on which Jen is sick and tries to get Eric to come over to help her during this time?
(d) Valentine's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. ________ points out to the character in #86 that everyone knows what he is going through, so no one is going to criticize him for his actions.
2. What is the name of the dead animal a short version of, according to the person who gave the animal this name?
3. Kathleen dresses quickly in the morning so that Jen will not see _____________, it seems.
4. What does Kathleen offer as her excuse for not meeting with Jen as she promised to do?
5. _________ says that he is worried about how others will perceive him within this dream of a situation.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jen think about her next door neighbors, as she is walking to work one day?
2. What happens to Wallace in the week before his surgery, making him think that Mercury is targeting him?
3. What happens when Jen gets really drunk after calling up Kathleen after their missed appointment?
4. Why doesn't Eric like to talk about his feelings when Jen tries to get him to do so?
5. What has happened to all of Jen's male friends, or so she remembers when she is driving away from the hospital?
6. Why does Jen decide that she wants to clean houses for a living, at least at this point of the story?
7. What does the family do in the days leading up to Wallace's surgery, trying to forget about what's to happen?
8. Why are the children so surprised that they get along when they are together in the present time?
9. What does Kathleen offer as an explanation for what happened at Jen and her meeting?
10. What is the first sign that there is something wrong with Wallace, according to the story?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)