|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which animal does Jen live with, even though it is a little wild and likes to urinate all over her things?
2. What does the family next door to Jen have which they always try to talk to her about, much to her displeasure?
(a) Nudist colony.
(c) Worm farm.
(d) Get rich quick scheme.
3. Who is the person that stands outside and smokes before going in to see Wallace after the surgery?
4. What does a friend of Jen's do for this friend's mother in order to help alleviate the pain of dying?
(a) Gives her medical marijuana.
(b) Pulls the plug.
(c) Gives her mother LSD.
5. Miriam Brown is known as the town's most infamous __________ and she has one of her babies with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the holiday on which Jen is sick and tries to get Eric to come over to help her during this time?
2. The siblings talk about how much they ________ each other and that they would have a hard time if one of them died.
3. What does Jen do as she is settling into bed as she realizes her pillow is getting dirty?
4. On what night of the week does Jen have a standing appointment with her dream consultant?
5. What causes Kathleen to have to leave early in the morning, even though she promised to talk with Jen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the finding of the doctor when Wallace goes in to find out more about the difficulties he's having?
2. Why doesn't Jen decide to tell Eric about the brain tumor that her father has been diagnosed as having?
3. What happens in order to wake Wallace up and to get him talking to his children in the room?
4. Why does Jen decide that she wants to clean houses for a living, at least at this point of the story?
5. How did Eric and Jen meet, according to the story that Jen tells in the book?
6. What happens between the children before they decide to go into the hospital after the surgery?
7. What does Eric do on Easter when Jen is very sick and lying in bed in her cabin?
8. What are the worries that Wallace has as he begins to undergo the process of removing the problem from his body?
9. What does Kathleen offer as an explanation for what happened at Jen and her meeting?
10. What is the living situation of Jen at the beginning of the story and how did she come upon this arrangement?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)