|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jen finds her town irritating because of all of the conflicting ____________ it has, but it's the only home she has right now.
(c) Weather patterns.
(d) Money structures.
2. What does the family have to cope with in regard to the situation with Wallace and his brain tumor?
(b) No support.
(c) A strong sense of humor.
(d) A large river of denial.
3. Does Jen have a boyfriend at this particular time in the book?
(b) She has several.
(d) Sort of.
4. What does a friend of Jen's do for this friend's mother in order to help alleviate the pain of dying?
(a) Gives her medical marijuana.
(c) Pulls the plug.
(d) Gives her mother LSD.
5. The nurse tells the children that Wallace isn't allowed to have so many _________ in his room.
(c) Loud noises.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town in which a number of tragedies begin to take place in the time leading up to Wallace's surgery?
2. Jen's father is the son of ________ in Tokyo, while Jen's mother is an Englishwoman, according to the story.
3. What does Jen do as she is settling into bed as she realizes her pillow is getting dirty?
4. What is the name of Jen's best friend, as she is described to be in the story, though not necessarily by her actions?
5. Jennifer's family lives in the state of ______________ in a castle that some immigrants built when they first came over to America.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jen know will happen every time she schedules a meeting with Kathleen?
2. What are some of the things that happen to the people in Clement in the months leading up to Wallace's surgery?
3. What does Jen think about her next door neighbors, as she is walking to work one day?
4. What does Megan wish that Jen would do in relation to Jen's boyfriend, Eric?
5. Why doesn't Jen decide to tell Eric about the brain tumor that her father has been diagnosed as having?
6. Why doesn't Megan believe that Jen cleans houses for a living, as she explains when they are talking?
7. What happens in order to wake Wallace up and to get him talking to his children in the room?
8. What are the worries that Wallace has as he begins to undergo the process of removing the problem from his body?
9. Why does Jen decide that she wants to clean houses for a living, at least at this point of the story?
10. Why does Jen love to have Megan over to stay with her at her little home?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)