|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family have to cope with in regard to the situation with Wallace and his brain tumor?
(a) A large river of denial.
(b) No support.
(d) A strong sense of humor.
2. What was the background of the immigrants who built the castle in which Jen and her family used to live?
3. Where does Eric tell Jen that he needs to go in order to begin to find himself and his true feelings?
4. What does Wallace decide to do in order to get rid of the brain tumor, though he is afraid of his choice?
5. At the funerals in the town, people will ___________ whatever they think is appropriate for sending off a person they love or respect.
Short Answer Questions
1. At one point, Kathleen was married to a _____________, according to their conversations together.
2. Kathleen is clear about her inability to make ___________ in her life, which might be a sign of a disorder as well.
3. Since life is filled with insane situations, it seems that there is no reason to try to approach life as though these situations were always _____________.
4. How old is Jen's friend Megan, the one who sometimes stays with her at the cabin?
5. _________ says that he is worried about how others will perceive him within this dream of a situation.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the agreement that Jen makes with Megan before they go to see Megan's great aunt Honey?
2. What does Jen do when the phone finally rings after Kathleen finally calls Jen back after her many calls?
3. What are the criteria that Jen has in terms of deciding whether or not to take a job that she is offered by another?
4. Why are the children so surprised that they get along when they are together in the present time?
5. Why is Jen hurt by Kathleen's actions, even though Kathleen still doesn't want to change her plans for the night?
6. What happens on the day that Wallace is discharged from the hospital after his surgery?
7. What are the worries that Wallace has as he begins to undergo the process of removing the problem from his body?
8. What happens to Wallace which makes the family begin to question his health again?
9. What happens every Tuesday night in Jen's life, according to the story?
10. What is the embarrassing memory that Jen and Wallace share as they are talking about tumors and karma?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)