|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people does Jen work for during the week, allowing her to spend the rest of the time writing?
2. While everyone loves this person, this person still drives everyone crazy with his/her silly and boundless energy. Who is it?
3. Where do Jen and her dream consultant like to meet, though the consultant is always late for the meeting?
(a) A coffee shop.
(b) The bookstore.
(c) Her cabin.
(d) A bar.
4. Megan tells Jen about a new fertility drug which she finds to be hilarious as it's made from the ___________ of Italian nuns.
(a) Toenail clippings.
5. This friend of Jen's tries to reassure her with a story about her family ________, even though the story doesn't end well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Jen to let her know that everything in the surgery went well and that Wallace was resting comfortably?
2. Jen accuses Kathleen of not being ____________, and Kathleen asks if they can talk it over in the morning.
3. Who tells Jen that she might as well stay with Eric since he is comfortable and convenient?
4. The selfish ___________ of the 1980s causes many of the peace lovers to take their own lives since they see no other way out.
5. Who is the person that knocks over the vase accidentally, which causes Wallace to wake up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wallace share with his child to be his hopes for the health problem he now faces?
2. What happens when Jen gets really drunk after calling up Kathleen after their missed appointment?
3. What does Jen know will happen every time she schedules a meeting with Kathleen?
4. What does Kathleen offer as an explanation for what happened at Jen and her meeting?
5. Why does Wallace decide to make up a will before he goes into surgery?
6. What happens when one of the Burn Outs offers to give Jen a ride to her work one day?
7. Why doesn't Megan believe that Jen cleans houses for a living, as she explains when they are talking?
8. What does Kathleen say about the relationship between Eric and Jen, according to the story?
9. What is the living situation of Jen at the beginning of the story and how did she come upon this arrangement?
10. What does Jen think about her next door neighbors, as she is walking to work one day?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)