|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the things that drew Jen to Eric is that he never says anything about the __________ in her cabin.
2. Jen realizes she has no male friends in town who are over the age of ___________, aside from her brothers.
3. What does Sarah decide to go do in order to give the kids some space to see their dad on their own?
(a) Walk the halls.
(b) Go home to sleep.
(c) Go to lunch.
(d) Take a shower.
4. The ______ children of the 1970s had a hard time trying to reconcile their ideals with real life, according to the book.
5. This friend of Jen's tries to reassure her with a story about her family ________, even though the story doesn't end well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some of the local ____________ are taken to the local mental hospital in straitjackets, according to the story.
2. What was the background of the immigrants who built the castle in which Jen and her family used to live?
3. The siblings talk about how much they ________ each other and that they would have a hard time if one of them died.
4. What does the family have to cope with in regard to the situation with Wallace and his brain tumor?
5. What does Jen think is happening with Eric when she wakes up in the night to find that he is not there anymore?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jen love to have Megan over to stay with her at her little home?
2. What does Kathleen say about the relationship between Eric and Jen, according to the story?
3. What is the reason that Wallace is having some troubles talking, according to Sarah's report to the children?
4. What happens with the cat when Jen is lying in bed after her drugged and drunk rage?
5. What do the townspeople say is happening in the town, which is what is leading to all of the misery?
6. Where are the children living at the beginning of the story?
7. What does Wallace share with his child to be his hopes for the health problem he now faces?
8. What is the finding of the doctor when Wallace goes in to find out more about the difficulties he's having?
9. Why doesn't Megan believe that Jen cleans houses for a living, as she explains when they are talking?
10. What happens every Tuesday night in Jen's life, according to the story?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)