|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This friend of Jen's tries to reassure her with a story about her family ________, even though the story doesn't end well.
2. Which animal does Jen live with, even though it is a little wild and likes to urinate all over her things?
3. The siblings decide that everyone in their family is ______________ anyway, so their psychoses don't matter.
(a) Mentally ill.
(b) Dead or dying.
4. Where does Eric tell Jen that he needs to go in order to begin to find himself and his true feelings?
5. What is the name that Randy gives to the dead animal he brings back home with him during the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people next door to Jen remind her of, as she describes them for the reader?
2. What is the name of the dead animal a short version of, according to the person who gave the animal this name?
3. Does Jen have a boyfriend at this particular time in the book?
4. What does Jen learn about a week before Eric says that he will be leaving her?
5. Jen accuses Kathleen of not being ____________, and Kathleen asks if they can talk it over in the morning.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in order to wake Wallace up and to get him talking to his children in the room?
2. Why does Wallace decide to make up a will before he goes into surgery?
3. What does the family do in the days leading up to Wallace's surgery, trying to forget about what's to happen?
4. Why doesn't Jen decide to tell Eric about the brain tumor that her father has been diagnosed as having?
5. What is the living situation of Jen at the beginning of the story and how did she come upon this arrangement?
6. What does Megan wish that Jen would do in relation to Jen's boyfriend, Eric?
7. What does Jen think about her next door neighbors, as she is walking to work one day?
8. What is the reason that Wallace is having some troubles talking, according to Sarah's report to the children?
9. Why was the ancient castle built in San Francisco, according to the story's details?
10. What happens with the cat when Jen is lying in bed after her drugged and drunk rage?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)