|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ________ points out to the character in #86 that everyone knows what he is going through, so no one is going to criticize him for his actions.
2. Megan tells Jen about a new fertility drug which she finds to be hilarious as it's made from the ___________ of Italian nuns.
(d) Toenail clippings.
3. The Burn Outs are the old hippies in town who did way too many drugs when they were younger and now cannot stop ______________.
4. Miriam Brown is known as the town's most infamous __________ and she has one of her babies with her.
5. Some people in the town believe that all of the bad things that are happening are due to ___________ in retrograde.
(b) The Moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the town, _________ tend to be strange affairs with eclectic contents, depending on the focus of the day.
2. This friend of Jen's tries to reassure her with a story about her family ________, even though the story doesn't end well.
3. What does Jen do as she is settling into bed as she realizes her pillow is getting dirty?
4. What causes Kathleen to have to leave early in the morning, even though she promised to talk with Jen?
5. Who tells the kids that the way that Wallace looks is very normal after a surgery of this type?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first sign that there is something wrong with Wallace, according to the story?
2. What are some of the things that happen to the people in Clement in the months leading up to Wallace's surgery?
3. What does Jen do when the phone finally rings after Kathleen finally calls Jen back after her many calls?
4. What is the difference between regular funerals and the kinds of funerals which are given to those who have committed suicide?
5. What happens when Jen gets really drunk after calling up Kathleen after their missed appointment?
6. Where are the children living at the beginning of the story?
7. What happens when one of the Burn Outs offers to give Jen a ride to her work one day?
8. What is the living situation of Jen at the beginning of the story and how did she come upon this arrangement?
9. Why are the children so surprised that they get along when they are together in the present time?
10. What are the worries that Wallace has as he begins to undergo the process of removing the problem from his body?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)