|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town in which a number of tragedies begin to take place in the time leading up to Wallace's surgery?
2. What did Kathleen's ex-husband encourage her to do in order to prevent herself from gaining weight?
(a) Stop eating.
(b) Run more.
(c) Become bulimic.
(d) Become anorexic.
3. What does Jen do as she is settling into bed as she realizes her pillow is getting dirty?
(a) Throws up.
(b) Burns her pillowcase.
(c) Prays for her father.
(d) Throws the cat at the wall.
4. One of the things that drew Jen to Eric is that he never says anything about the __________ in her cabin.
5. What does Wallace decide to do in order to get rid of the brain tumor, though he is afraid of his choice?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jen's friend Megan, the one who sometimes stays with her at the cabin?
2. Who calls Jen in the middle of the night, but Jen hangs up on this person in her disgust?
3. What does Kathleen offer as her excuse for not meeting with Jen as she promised to do?
4. What does the family now have to wait for after the surgery, though they didn't realize it would be so long?
5. What does Sarah decide to go do in order to give the kids some space to see their dad on their own?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between the children before they decide to go into the hospital after the surgery?
2. Why doesn't Eric like to talk about his feelings when Jen tries to get him to do so?
3. What does Kathleen say about the relationship between Eric and Jen, according to the story?
4. Why does Wallace decide to make up a will before he goes into surgery?
5. What happens when Jen gets really drunk after calling up Kathleen after their missed appointment?
6. What does Jen do when the phone finally rings after Kathleen finally calls Jen back after her many calls?
7. What happens every Tuesday night in Jen's life, according to the story?
8. What is the first sign that there is something wrong with Wallace, according to the story?
9. What happens with the cat when Jen is lying in bed after her drugged and drunk rage?
10. What does Kathleen offer as an explanation for what happened at Jen and her meeting?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)