|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jen decide to do when she is sitting in her yard, not able to sleep because of the surgery?
(d) Throw pebbles.
2. Which of the children still lives with his father, though this changes later on in the story?
3. At one point, Kathleen was married to a _____________, according to their conversations together.
4. Who is the sibling that tries to stop them from kicking and making jokes about each other?
(a) No one.
5. At the funerals in the town, people will ___________ whatever they think is appropriate for sending off a person they love or respect.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kathleen dresses quickly in the morning so that Jen will not see _____________, it seems.
2. What does Jen think is happening with Eric when she wakes up in the night to find that he is not there anymore?
3. What do Jen and Randy put up with from Ben as they realize that he is nervous about seeing his father in the hospital?
4. Jen's father is the son of ________ in Tokyo, while Jen's mother is an Englishwoman, according to the story.
5. The siblings decide to go get lunch from __________ and then to have a picnic on the floor after seeing Wallace.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Wallace decide to make up a will before he goes into surgery?
2. Why doesn't Megan believe that Jen cleans houses for a living, as she explains when they are talking?
3. What is the difference between regular funerals and the kinds of funerals which are given to those who have committed suicide?
4. What does Kathleen say about the relationship between Eric and Jen, according to the story?
5. What is the finding of the doctor when Wallace goes in to find out more about the difficulties he's having?
6. What does Jen think about her next door neighbors, as she is walking to work one day?
7. Why does Jen decide that she wants to clean houses for a living, at least at this point of the story?
8. What happens when one of the Burn Outs offers to give Jen a ride to her work one day?
9. Why doesn't Eric like to talk about his feelings when Jen tries to get him to do so?
10. Where are the children living at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)