|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jen do when she needs to scream in order to deal with the idea of Wallace's brain tumor?
(a) Runs to the cliff.
(c) Turns on the radio.
(d) Breaks things.
2. What is the date on which Jen realizes that enough time has gone by since she stopped cleaning houses?
(a) October 12.
(b) October 1.
(c) September 1.
(d) October 14.
3. Where does Jen find a lump on her body, causing her to worry that it might be cancer?
(d) Inner thigh.
4. What does Jen's uncle Colin tell her not to do when he writes her a letter, sending his best wishes?
(a) Be paranoid.
(b) Be happy.
(c) Be hopeful.
(d) Be useful.
5. How does the family get through the time when they are waiting for the doctor to call them back?
(a) Make each other laugh.
(b) Play charades.
(c) Look at pictures.
(d) Talk about the funeral arrangements.
6. What does Randy say that he has changed his mind on, given the circumstances with Wallace?
(a) His book.
(c) His career.
7. What does Randy present as a gift to Wallace when he comes back into the room to see him?
(a) A certificate.
(b) A large pitcher of beer.
(c) A helmet.
(d) The stuffed heron.
8. Who shows up for Thanksgiving and walks with Jen to Wallace's house?
9. Who decides to stay with Jen that night in order to keep her company, though he/she leaves in the morning?
10. Her old friend who comes to visit tells Jen that he/she already has a significant other in _____________.
(b) Los Alamos.
(d) San Jose.
11. Megan's great-aunt used to have a __________ named Damocles, before her husband made her give it up.
12. What is the scary man carrying in his hand when he says hello to Jen as she sits on the cliff?
13. Jen doesn't want her doctor to see her as a __________, even though it's likely she already does.
(a) Mental patient.
(b) Grieving daughter.
(c) Grown woman.
14. Jen thinks about how nice it was to work at the __________ when she was working there.
(a) Hot springs retreat.
15. Kathleen and Jen discuss the various effects that _________ can have on a person's brain, even destroying it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Randy and Jen drinking when they are at Wallace's house cleaning and getting ready for his arrival?
2. Megan believes that it's __________ that Wallace should have ever had a brain tumor to begin with, in her opinion.
3. What does Kathleen tell Jen that she has to do that night instead of meeting with her?
4. Who is the person who decides to drive Wallace to his radiation therapy for the next few weeks?
5. What happens a few years later, though it does not change their relationship? Jen __________ Kathleen.
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)