|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jen not supposed to mention when she is visiting Megan's great-aunt one day?
(a) Missing eye.
(c) White hair.
(d) Leg ulcer.
2. What is the new symptom of Wallace's that makes the entire family worried about his condition?
(b) Too much energy.
3. Jen and Wallace talk about how embarrassing it was to bathe nude in the _____________ together.
(a) Bath tub.
(d) Hot spring.
4. Whose parents died of a double suicide ten years previously, which may explain a lot about this character?
5. What does Jen use to hit her bed with when she is worried about her father and about the way he's ruined her night?
(c) Tennis racket.
6. What does the doctor recommend two weeks of in order to make sure the tumor doesn't come back?
(c) Drug therapy.
7. What did Kathleen and Jen do the last time they were high on drugs, putting their lives in danger?
(a) Go to a boxing match.
(b) Sleep with men.
(c) Swim in the ocean.
(d) Drive around.
8. Megan's great-aunt used to have a __________ named Damocles, before her husband made her give it up.
9. When Wallace shows up at Jen's, where does he ask her to take him so that he can find out some news?
(b) A pharmacy.
(d) Grocery store.
10. What does Wallace decide to drink with the kids upon his arrival home?
11. Who decides to stay with Jen that night in order to keep her company, though he/she leaves in the morning?
12. How does the family get through the time when they are waiting for the doctor to call them back?
(a) Play charades.
(b) Look at pictures.
(c) Talk about the funeral arrangements.
(d) Make each other laugh.
13. Wallace and Jen talk about whether they think ________ has anything to do with the problems that Wallace has had.
(a) The family.
(c) His girlfriend.
14. Megan's great-aunt is happen to see the girls and begins to _____________ with them and they have a good time together.
(a) Watch TV.
(b) Walk the halls.
(c) Read stories.
(d) Play games.
15. What does Jen do when she needs to scream in order to deal with the idea of Wallace's brain tumor?
(a) Runs to the cliff.
(b) Turns on the radio.
(c) Breaks things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jen's uncle Colin tell her not to do when he writes her a letter, sending his best wishes?
2. Megan has a _________ that most adults lack, it seems, causing her to be a good person for Jen to talk to.
3. What is on the face of the creature that is following Jen in her scary dream?
4. Where is Megan going to go when she has to go back to school in the fall?
5. What happens on the day that Wallace is finally discharged from the hospital?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)