|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jen thinks about how nice it was to work at the __________ when she was working there.
(a) Hot springs retreat.
2. What is Jen not supposed to mention when she is visiting Megan's great-aunt one day?
(a) Leg ulcer.
(c) White hair.
(d) Missing eye.
3. Her old friend who comes to visit tells Jen that he/she already has a significant other in _____________.
(c) Los Alamos.
(d) San Jose.
4. What was the name of the man that Jen slept with a few times when Kathleen was getting a divorce?
5. Who comes to visit Jen in November, taking her out for coffee and then comes back to her cabin to make love?
6. Wallace warns his kids when they get back that now would be a very bad time to do _______, and they promise not to do it.
(b) The will.
7. What happens on the day that Wallace is finally discharged from the hospital?
(a) Kathleen disappears.
(b) His car blows up.
(c) Sarah leaves him.
(d) Jen's cat dies.
8. The woman gets rid of the item from #131 when she realized she would nor recover from ____________ the child who found it.
(c) Giving birth to.
9. What does Randy say that he has changed his mind on, given the circumstances with Wallace?
(b) His book.
(d) His career.
10. What happens a few years later, though it does not change their relationship? Jen __________ Kathleen.
(c) Moves away from.
11. What does Randy present as a gift to Wallace when he comes back into the room to see him?
(a) A large pitcher of beer.
(b) The stuffed heron.
(c) A helmet.
(d) A certificate.
12. Jen rereads a letter from __________ later that night as she gets drunk and feels sorry for herself.
13. Megan has a _________ that most adults lack, it seems, causing her to be a good person for Jen to talk to.
(a) Blunt honesty.
(b) Life experience.
(c) Innocent quality.
(d) New perspective.
14. What does Jen use to hit her bed with when she is worried about her father and about the way he's ruined her night?
(b) Tennis racket.
15. Randy decides that he wants to dress Jen up as a _________ for her ride and he goes to find the appropriate clothing.
(d) Serial killer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most impressive part of Wallace, according to the siblings, when he first arrives and they take a look at him?
2. Where is the hospital that Megan and Jen are going to in order to see Wallace on his discharge day?
3. Wallace finds out that the tumor is _____________ when he finally receives his diagnosis.
4. What is the scary man carrying in his hand when he says hello to Jen as she sits on the cliff?
5. What does Jen say when she is invited over to a party over the phone?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)