|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jen calculate when she gets up from her night's rest about a month after Wallace's surgery?
(a) The words she's written.
(b) Her monthly expenses.
(c) Her years of life left.
(d) The number of hours until she can sleep again.
2. What does the doctor recommend two weeks of in order to make sure the tumor doesn't come back?
(d) Drug therapy.
3. What don't people want to do with Jen anymore since she is becoming harder to deal with?
(a) Sleep over.
(b) Read with her.
(c) Go with her to Wallace's.
(d) Meet her for drinks.
4. The family had been hoping for a _________ or dying prognosis, not the intermediary diagnosis that Wallace receives.
5. What does Jen use to hit her bed with when she is worried about her father and about the way he's ruined her night?
(a) Tennis racket.
6. What is Wallace baking for the first time when Jen arrives at the house for the dinner?
(c) Pot brownies.
7. Who decides to stay with Jen that night in order to keep her company, though he/she leaves in the morning?
8. Who is only slightly less paranoid than the local mental patients in the town where the story is located?
9. What does Jen's uncle Colin tell her not to do when he writes her a letter, sending his best wishes?
(a) Be useful.
(b) Be paranoid.
(c) Be happy.
(d) Be hopeful.
10. What does the doctor say that the lump on her body is, and Jen pretends she knew this along?
(a) An infected lymph node.
(b) A tumor.
(c) A pimple.
(d) A benign mass.
11. What are Randy and Jen drinking when they are at Wallace's house cleaning and getting ready for his arrival?
12. Wallace and Jen talk about whether they think ________ has anything to do with the problems that Wallace has had.
(a) The family.
(d) His girlfriend.
13. Jen cleans the two houses, but then decides that the people are ___________ and that she will need to find another way to make money.
(c) Too rich.
14. Jen is reminded of the way people avoid looking at those with ____________ when she sees how people look at Wallace.
15. What is the scary man carrying in his hand when he says hello to Jen as she sits on the cliff?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most impressive part of Wallace, according to the siblings, when he first arrives and they take a look at him?
2. What does Kathleen tell Jen that she has to do that night instead of meeting with her?
3. Where is the hospital that Megan and Jen are going to in order to see Wallace on his discharge day?
4. Jen doesn't want her doctor to see her as a __________, even though it's likely she already does.
5. Kathleen and Jen discuss the various effects that _________ can have on a person's brain, even destroying it.
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)