|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose parents died of a double suicide ten years previously, which may explain a lot about this character?
2. What is the new symptom of Wallace's that makes the entire family worried about his condition?
(d) Too much energy.
3. What was Jen chasing in the dream that makes her wake up screaming during this section of the story?
4. What does Jen calculate when she gets up from her night's rest about a month after Wallace's surgery?
(a) Her years of life left.
(b) The words she's written.
(c) The number of hours until she can sleep again.
(d) Her monthly expenses.
5. Wallace and Jen talk about whether they think ________ has anything to do with the problems that Wallace has had.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) The family.
6. Who is only slightly less paranoid than the local mental patients in the town where the story is located?
7. What does Jen say that she thinks her problem is, rather than admitting she has a lump?
8. Jen begins to write about abuse she suffered at _________ hands when she returns to her typewriter.
9. What does a woman that Jen knows carry around with her in case she is ever in a situation where she found out she could not recover?
(b) Poison mushroom.
10. What was the name of the uncle who was once medically dead for three minutes, according to Jen's story to Randy?
11. Where is Megan going to go when she has to go back to school in the fall?
12. Who decides to stay with Jen that night in order to keep her company, though he/she leaves in the morning?
13. Jen and Wallace both decide to get ___________ chocolate ice cream as they like to eat ice cream together.
(c) Peanut butter.
14. What does Jen say when she is invited over to a party over the phone?
(a) She has plans.
(b) She hates people.
(c) She is sick.
(d) She has to tend to Wallace.
15. Wallace finds out that the tumor is _____________ when he finally receives his diagnosis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the scary man carrying in his hand when he says hello to Jen as she sits on the cliff?
2. Jen doesn't want her doctor to see her as a __________, even though it's likely she already does.
3. What does Jen's uncle Colin tell her not to do when he writes her a letter, sending his best wishes?
4. What is on the face of the creature that is following Jen in her scary dream?
5. What is the name which Jen uses to describe the tumor as well as the other irritations in her life at the time?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)