|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What don't people want to do with Jen anymore since she is becoming harder to deal with?
(a) Go with her to Wallace's.
(b) Sleep over.
(c) Read with her.
(d) Meet her for drinks.
2. Whose parents died of a double suicide ten years previously, which may explain a lot about this character?
3. Jen begins to write about abuse she suffered at _________ hands when she returns to her typewriter.
4. Randy decides that he wants to dress Jen up as a _________ for her ride and he goes to find the appropriate clothing.
(d) Serial killer.
5. What is NOT one of the rules that Jen has when she makes a decision to take a job or to not take a job?
(a) She has to make minimum wage.
(b) She does not work under fluorescent lighting.
(c) She does not have to dress up.
(d) She does not wake up to an alarm clock.
6. What is on the face of the creature that is following Jen in her scary dream?
(a) A tattoo.
(b) A bright light.
(c) Open wounds.
(d) Strange markings.
7. What does Kathleen tell Jen that she has to do that night instead of meeting with her?
(a) Read a book.
(b) Wash her hair.
(c) Go to the ER.
(d) Go on a date.
8. The woman gets rid of the item from #131 when she realized she would nor recover from ____________ the child who found it.
(d) Giving birth to.
9. Megan has a _________ that most adults lack, it seems, causing her to be a good person for Jen to talk to.
(a) Innocent quality.
(b) Life experience.
(c) New perspective.
(d) Blunt honesty.
10. Where does Jen find a lump on her body, causing her to worry that it might be cancer?
(c) Inner thigh.
11. What is the date on which Jen realizes that enough time has gone by since she stopped cleaning houses?
(a) October 14.
(b) October 1.
(c) September 1.
(d) October 12.
12. Megan's great-aunt used to have a __________ named Damocles, before her husband made her give it up.
13. Her old friend who comes to visit tells Jen that he/she already has a significant other in _____________.
(b) San Jose.
(d) Los Alamos.
14. Where is Megan going to go when she has to go back to school in the fall?
15. Who is the reclusive neighbor that walks by Jen and she is afraid that he might kill her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Randy suggest that Jen ride in when she returns from the hospital visit with Wallace?
2. What was the name of the uncle who was once medically dead for three minutes, according to Jen's story to Randy?
3. What is Jen not supposed to mention when she is visiting Megan's great-aunt one day?
4. The family had been hoping for a _________ or dying prognosis, not the intermediary diagnosis that Wallace receives.
5. What is the scary man carrying in his hand when he says hello to Jen as she sits on the cliff?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)