|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jen say when she is invited over to a party over the phone?
(a) She has to tend to Wallace.
(b) She has plans.
(c) She hates people.
(d) She is sick.
2. What is on the face of the creature that is following Jen in her scary dream?
(a) A tattoo.
(b) A bright light.
(c) Open wounds.
(d) Strange markings.
3. What don't people want to do with Jen anymore since she is becoming harder to deal with?
(a) Sleep over.
(b) Read with her.
(c) Meet her for drinks.
(d) Go with her to Wallace's.
4. What does the doctor say that the lump on her body is, and Jen pretends she knew this along?
(a) An infected lymph node.
(b) A benign mass.
(c) A pimple.
(d) A tumor.
5. Jen and Wallace both decide to get ___________ chocolate ice cream as they like to eat ice cream together.
(a) Peanut butter.
6. What does Jen say that she thinks her problem is, rather than admitting she has a lump?
7. What is the date on which Jen realizes that enough time has gone by since she stopped cleaning houses?
(a) October 14.
(b) October 12.
(c) October 1.
(d) September 1.
8. What does Wallace decide to drink with the kids upon his arrival home?
9. Who comes to visit Jen in November, taking her out for coffee and then comes back to her cabin to make love?
10. Megan has a _________ that most adults lack, it seems, causing her to be a good person for Jen to talk to.
(a) Blunt honesty.
(b) Innocent quality.
(c) New perspective.
(d) Life experience.
11. Who is the reclusive neighbor that walks by Jen and she is afraid that he might kill her?
12. The family had been hoping for a _________ or dying prognosis, not the intermediary diagnosis that Wallace receives.
13. What does Jen calculate when she gets up from her night's rest about a month after Wallace's surgery?
(a) The words she's written.
(b) The number of hours until she can sleep again.
(c) Her monthly expenses.
(d) Her years of life left.
14. Her old friend who comes to visit tells Jen that he/she already has a significant other in _____________.
(b) San Jose.
(d) Los Alamos.
15. Whose parents died of a double suicide ten years previously, which may explain a lot about this character?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jen cleans the two houses, but then decides that the people are ___________ and that she will need to find another way to make money.
2. What does Jen do when she needs to scream in order to deal with the idea of Wallace's brain tumor?
3. What is Jen not supposed to mention when she is visiting Megan's great-aunt one day?
4. Megan's great-aunt used to have a __________ named Damocles, before her husband made her give it up.
5. Jen and Wallace talk about how embarrassing it was to bathe nude in the _____________ together.
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)