|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jen find a lump on her body, causing her to worry that it might be cancer?
(d) Inner thigh.
2. What does the doctor recommend two weeks of in order to make sure the tumor doesn't come back?
(d) Drug therapy.
3. Wallace finds out that the tumor is _____________ when he finally receives his diagnosis.
4. Megan has a _________ that most adults lack, it seems, causing her to be a good person for Jen to talk to.
(a) New perspective.
(b) Innocent quality.
(c) Blunt honesty.
(d) Life experience.
5. What does Randy say that he has changed his mind on, given the circumstances with Wallace?
(b) His career.
(d) His book.
6. What does Jen do when she needs to scream in order to deal with the idea of Wallace's brain tumor?
(b) Runs to the cliff.
(c) Turns on the radio.
(d) Breaks things.
7. Who is the reclusive neighbor that walks by Jen and she is afraid that he might kill her?
8. What is the scary man carrying in his hand when he says hello to Jen as she sits on the cliff?
9. Where is Megan going to go when she has to go back to school in the fall?
10. Kathleen and Jen discuss the various effects that _________ can have on a person's brain, even destroying it.
11. What does Kathleen tell Jen that she has to do that night instead of meeting with her?
(a) Read a book.
(b) Wash her hair.
(c) Go on a date.
(d) Go to the ER.
12. What don't people want to do with Jen anymore since she is becoming harder to deal with?
(a) Meet her for drinks.
(b) Go with her to Wallace's.
(c) Sleep over.
(d) Read with her.
13. What does a woman that Jen knows carry around with her in case she is ever in a situation where she found out she could not recover?
(b) Poison mushroom.
14. Who shows up for Thanksgiving and walks with Jen to Wallace's house?
15. Randy decides that he wants to dress Jen up as a _________ for her ride and he goes to find the appropriate clothing.
(d) Serial killer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on the day that Wallace is finally discharged from the hospital?
2. What was Jen chasing in the dream that makes her wake up screaming during this section of the story?
3. What are Randy and Jen drinking when they are at Wallace's house cleaning and getting ready for his arrival?
4. Jen begins to write about abuse she suffered at _________ hands when she returns to her typewriter.
5. What do Kathleen and Jen decide to go get when Wallace goes back to sleep after a visit with them?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)