|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wallace baking for the first time when Jen arrives at the house for the dinner?
(d) Pot brownies.
2. What is on the face of the creature that is following Jen in her scary dream?
(a) A tattoo.
(b) Strange markings.
(c) Open wounds.
(d) A bright light.
3. Jen actually worries that the other people at the party will ask her if her father is _____________.
(a) A good man.
4. What does Randy present as a gift to Wallace when he comes back into the room to see him?
(a) A large pitcher of beer.
(b) The stuffed heron.
(c) A certificate.
(d) A helmet.
5. Who is the reclusive neighbor that walks by Jen and she is afraid that he might kill her?
6. Megan's great-aunt used to have a __________ named Damocles, before her husband made her give it up.
7. What was Jen chasing in the dream that makes her wake up screaming during this section of the story?
8. Megan believes that it's __________ that Wallace should have ever had a brain tumor to begin with, in her opinion.
(c) Not shocking.
9. What does Jen do when she needs to scream in order to deal with the idea of Wallace's brain tumor?
(a) Runs to the cliff.
(b) Breaks things.
(d) Turns on the radio.
10. What happens on the day that Wallace is finally discharged from the hospital?
(a) His car blows up.
(b) Jen's cat dies.
(c) Sarah leaves him.
(d) Kathleen disappears.
11. Jen thinks about how nice it was to work at the __________ when she was working there.
(d) Hot springs retreat.
12. What does Randy say that he has changed his mind on, given the circumstances with Wallace?
(b) His book.
(d) His career.
13. Where do Kathleen and Jen decide to meet later that day in order to talk about Jen's issues?
(a) Wallace's house.
(b) A library.
14. Jen and Wallace talk about how embarrassing it was to bathe nude in the _____________ together.
(a) Bath tub.
(d) Hot spring.
15. What does Kathleen tell Jen that she has to do that night instead of meeting with her?
(a) Go on a date.
(b) Wash her hair.
(c) Go to the ER.
(d) Read a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the man that Jen slept with a few times when Kathleen was getting a divorce?
2. What does Randy suggest that Jen ride in when she returns from the hospital visit with Wallace?
3. Jen is reminded of the way people avoid looking at those with ____________ when she sees how people look at Wallace.
4. What is the new symptom of Wallace's that makes the entire family worried about his condition?
5. What is the name of Megan's great-aunt who she and Jen have to see before going to see Wallace?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)