|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jen use to hit her bed with when she is worried about her father and about the way he's ruined her night?
(a) Tennis racket.
2. How much money has Jen been living on each week, which leads her to believe that she needs to earn more?
3. Jen rereads a letter from __________ later that night as she gets drunk and feels sorry for herself.
4. What did Kathleen and Jen do the last time they were high on drugs, putting their lives in danger?
(a) Swim in the ocean.
(b) Go to a boxing match.
(c) Sleep with men.
(d) Drive around.
5. Who comes to visit Jen in November, taking her out for coffee and then comes back to her cabin to make love?
6. Wallace finds out that the tumor is _____________ when he finally receives his diagnosis.
7. Jen doesn't want her doctor to see her as a __________, even though it's likely she already does.
(a) Grown woman.
(b) Mental patient.
(c) Grieving daughter.
8. How does the family get through the time when they are waiting for the doctor to call them back?
(a) Look at pictures.
(b) Make each other laugh.
(c) Talk about the funeral arrangements.
(d) Play charades.
9. Who shows up for Thanksgiving and walks with Jen to Wallace's house?
10. Jen is reminded of the way people avoid looking at those with ____________ when she sees how people look at Wallace.
11. Randy decides that he wants to dress Jen up as a _________ for her ride and he goes to find the appropriate clothing.
(d) Serial killer.
12. Wallace and Jen talk about whether they think ________ has anything to do with the problems that Wallace has had.
(b) The family.
(c) His girlfriend.
13. Where does Jen find a lump on her body, causing her to worry that it might be cancer?
(c) Inner thigh.
14. What don't people want to do with Jen anymore since she is becoming harder to deal with?
(a) Go with her to Wallace's.
(b) Read with her.
(c) Sleep over.
(d) Meet her for drinks.
15. What does Jen say that she thinks her problem is, rather than admitting she has a lump?
Short Answer Questions
1. Megan's great-aunt is happen to see the girls and begins to _____________ with them and they have a good time together.
2. What is the date on which Jen realizes that enough time has gone by since she stopped cleaning houses?
3. Who is only slightly less paranoid than the local mental patients in the town where the story is located?
4. Jen confesses to Kathleen that she is doing ________ yoga in order to cope in her life right now.
5. What does Jen's uncle Colin tell her not to do when he writes her a letter, sending his best wishes?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)