|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kathleen and Jen discuss the various effects that _________ can have on a person's brain, even destroying it.
2. What does Kathleen tell Jen that she has to do that night instead of meeting with her?
(a) Go on a date.
(b) Read a book.
(c) Wash her hair.
(d) Go to the ER.
3. Wallace and Jen talk about whether they think ________ has anything to do with the problems that Wallace has had.
(a) The family.
(c) His girlfriend.
4. Who is the person who decides to drive Wallace to his radiation therapy for the next few weeks?
5. How does the family get through the time when they are waiting for the doctor to call them back?
(a) Look at pictures.
(b) Talk about the funeral arrangements.
(c) Make each other laugh.
(d) Play charades.
6. What does the doctor say that the lump on her body is, and Jen pretends she knew this along?
(a) A benign mass.
(b) A pimple.
(c) A tumor.
(d) An infected lymph node.
7. Jen thinks about how nice it was to work at the __________ when she was working there.
(a) Hot springs retreat.
8. Megan believes that it's __________ that Wallace should have ever had a brain tumor to begin with, in her opinion.
(b) Not shocking.
9. What was the name of the man that Jen slept with a few times when Kathleen was getting a divorce?
10. What is the date on which Jen realizes that enough time has gone by since she stopped cleaning houses?
(a) September 1.
(b) October 14.
(c) October 1.
(d) October 12.
11. What is the scary man carrying in his hand when he says hello to Jen as she sits on the cliff?
12. Jen doesn't want her doctor to see her as a __________, even though it's likely she already does.
(a) Grown woman.
(b) Grieving daughter.
(d) Mental patient.
13. Where does Jen find a lump on her body, causing her to worry that it might be cancer?
(b) Inner thigh.
14. What does Jen do when she needs to scream in order to deal with the idea of Wallace's brain tumor?
(a) Breaks things.
(c) Runs to the cliff.
(d) Turns on the radio.
15. What was Jen chasing in the dream that makes her wake up screaming during this section of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the new symptom of Wallace's that makes the entire family worried about his condition?
2. Jen cleans the two houses, but then decides that the people are ___________ and that she will need to find another way to make money.
3. Who is only slightly less paranoid than the local mental patients in the town where the story is located?
4. What does Jen calculate when she gets up from her night's rest about a month after Wallace's surgery?
5. The woman gets rid of the item from #131 when she realized she would nor recover from ____________ the child who found it.
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)