|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the rules that Jen has when she makes a decision to take a job or to not take a job?
(a) She does not wake up to an alarm clock.
(b) She does not work under fluorescent lighting.
(c) She has to make minimum wage.
(d) She does not have to dress up.
2. What does the doctor say that the lump on her body is, and Jen pretends she knew this along?
(a) A pimple.
(b) An infected lymph node.
(c) A tumor.
(d) A benign mass.
3. Jen begins to write about abuse she suffered at _________ hands when she returns to her typewriter.
4. What is on the face of the creature that is following Jen in her scary dream?
(a) Open wounds.
(b) Strange markings.
(c) A tattoo.
(d) A bright light.
5. Who shows up for Thanksgiving and walks with Jen to Wallace's house?
6. Jen and Wallace talk about how embarrassing it was to bathe nude in the _____________ together.
(a) Hot spring.
(b) Bath tub.
7. Who decides to stay with Jen that night in order to keep her company, though he/she leaves in the morning?
8. Jen and Wallace both decide to get ___________ chocolate ice cream as they like to eat ice cream together.
(b) Peanut butter.
9. Where is Megan going to go when she has to go back to school in the fall?
10. Who decides to come with Jen to the hospital on the day that Wallace is going to be discharged?
(a) Old Yeller.
11. What is the date on which Jen realizes that enough time has gone by since she stopped cleaning houses?
(a) September 1.
(b) October 12.
(c) October 1.
(d) October 14.
12. Jen is reminded of the way people avoid looking at those with ____________ when she sees how people look at Wallace.
13. What does Randy present as a gift to Wallace when he comes back into the room to see him?
(a) The stuffed heron.
(b) A helmet.
(c) A certificate.
(d) A large pitcher of beer.
14. Whose parents died of a double suicide ten years previously, which may explain a lot about this character?
15. Who is only slightly less paranoid than the local mental patients in the town where the story is located?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Kathleen and Jen decide to go get when Wallace goes back to sleep after a visit with them?
2. What does Jen do when she needs to scream in order to deal with the idea of Wallace's brain tumor?
3. Who is the reclusive neighbor that walks by Jen and she is afraid that he might kill her?
4. Wallace and Jen talk about whether they think ________ has anything to do with the problems that Wallace has had.
5. Wallace finds out that the tumor is _____________ when he finally receives his diagnosis.
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)