|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jen confesses to Kathleen that she is doing ________ yoga in order to cope in her life right now.
2. What is NOT one of the rules that Jen has when she makes a decision to take a job or to not take a job?
(a) She does not have to dress up.
(b) She has to make minimum wage.
(c) She does not work under fluorescent lighting.
(d) She does not wake up to an alarm clock.
3. Wallace finds out that the tumor is _____________ when he finally receives his diagnosis.
4. Where is the hospital that Megan and Jen are going to in order to see Wallace on his discharge day?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Santa Monica.
(c) San Diego.
(d) Los Angeles.
5. What does a woman that Jen knows carry around with her in case she is ever in a situation where she found out she could not recover?
(c) Poison mushroom.
6. What does Jen do when she needs to scream in order to deal with the idea of Wallace's brain tumor?
(b) Breaks things.
(c) Runs to the cliff.
(d) Turns on the radio.
7. Who is the person who decides to drive Wallace to his radiation therapy for the next few weeks?
8. What do Kathleen and Jen decide to go get when Wallace goes back to sleep after a visit with them?
(a) Ice cream.
(c) A bag of chips.
9. What does the doctor recommend two weeks of in order to make sure the tumor doesn't come back?
(a) Drug therapy.
10. What does Kathleen tell Jen that she has to do that night instead of meeting with her?
(a) Wash her hair.
(b) Read a book.
(c) Go to the ER.
(d) Go on a date.
11. What does Jen's uncle Colin tell her not to do when he writes her a letter, sending his best wishes?
(a) Be useful.
(b) Be happy.
(c) Be paranoid.
(d) Be hopeful.
12. What is the date on which Jen realizes that enough time has gone by since she stopped cleaning houses?
(a) September 1.
(b) October 14.
(c) October 12.
(d) October 1.
13. Jen begins to write about abuse she suffered at _________ hands when she returns to her typewriter.
14. Whose parents died of a double suicide ten years previously, which may explain a lot about this character?
15. What happens a few years later, though it does not change their relationship? Jen __________ Kathleen.
(a) Moves away from.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wallace warns his kids when they get back that now would be a very bad time to do _______, and they promise not to do it.
2. Jen and Wallace both decide to get ___________ chocolate ice cream as they like to eat ice cream together.
3. What is on the face of the creature that is following Jen in her scary dream?
4. How does the family get through the time when they are waiting for the doctor to call them back?
5. What happens on the day that Wallace is finally discharged from the hospital?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)