|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides that he is too busy to go to the hospital as he is getting ready to go to college?
2. What does Jen's uncle Colin tell her not to do when he writes her a letter, sending his best wishes?
(a) Be paranoid.
(b) Be hopeful.
(c) Be useful.
(d) Be happy.
3. What does Randy suggest that Jen ride in when she returns from the hospital visit with Wallace?
(b) The dolly.
(c) Motorcycle carriage.
(d) His new car.
4. Jen and Wallace talk about how embarrassing it was to bathe nude in the _____________ together.
(b) Bath tub.
(d) Hot spring.
5. What happens on the day that Wallace is finally discharged from the hospital?
(a) His car blows up.
(b) Kathleen disappears.
(c) Jen's cat dies.
(d) Sarah leaves him.
6. Wallace finds out that the tumor is _____________ when he finally receives his diagnosis.
7. Megan believes that it's __________ that Wallace should have ever had a brain tumor to begin with, in her opinion.
(b) Not shocking.
8. Whose parents died of a double suicide ten years previously, which may explain a lot about this character?
9. Jen cleans the two houses, but then decides that the people are ___________ and that she will need to find another way to make money.
(a) Too rich.
10. Jen doesn't want her doctor to see her as a __________, even though it's likely she already does.
(a) Grieving daughter.
(b) Grown woman.
(c) Mental patient.
11. Jen actually worries that the other people at the party will ask her if her father is _____________.
(b) A good man.
12. What does Jen say that she thinks her problem is, rather than admitting she has a lump?
13. Who decides to come with Jen to the hospital on the day that Wallace is going to be discharged?
(a) Old Yeller.
14. What happens a few years later, though it does not change their relationship? Jen __________ Kathleen.
(d) Moves away from.
15. What does the doctor recommend two weeks of in order to make sure the tumor doesn't come back?
(c) Drug therapy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Her old friend who comes to visit tells Jen that he/she already has a significant other in _____________.
2. What does Jen say when she is invited over to a party over the phone?
3. What does Jen do when she needs to scream in order to deal with the idea of Wallace's brain tumor?
4. What is the scary man carrying in his hand when he says hello to Jen as she sits on the cliff?
5. What does Jen calculate when she gets up from her night's rest about a month after Wallace's surgery?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)