|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wallace and Jen talk about whether they think ________ has anything to do with the problems that Wallace has had.
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) The family.
2. Wallace finds out that the tumor is _____________ when he finally receives his diagnosis.
3. What does Randy say that he has changed his mind on, given the circumstances with Wallace?
(b) His book.
(d) His career.
4. What does a woman that Jen knows carry around with her in case she is ever in a situation where she found out she could not recover?
(b) Poison mushroom.
5. What does Jen say when she is invited over to a party over the phone?
(a) She hates people.
(b) She has to tend to Wallace.
(c) She has plans.
(d) She is sick.
6. What are Randy and Jen drinking when they are at Wallace's house cleaning and getting ready for his arrival?
7. Megan's great-aunt used to have a __________ named Damocles, before her husband made her give it up.
8. What does Jen decide to do when she is sitting on the cliff and watching the sun set in the distance?
(a) Smoke a joint.
(c) Sing to herself.
(d) Jump off.
9. Who decides to come with Jen to the hospital on the day that Wallace is going to be discharged?
(b) Old Yeller.
10. What does Jen's uncle Colin tell her not to do when he writes her a letter, sending his best wishes?
(a) Be happy.
(b) Be paranoid.
(c) Be hopeful.
(d) Be useful.
11. What is the scary man carrying in his hand when he says hello to Jen as she sits on the cliff?
12. Where does Jen find a lump on her body, causing her to worry that it might be cancer?
(a) Inner thigh.
13. What does Kathleen tell Jen that she has to do that night instead of meeting with her?
(a) Read a book.
(b) Go to the ER.
(c) Go on a date.
(d) Wash her hair.
14. Jen confesses to Kathleen that she is doing ________ yoga in order to cope in her life right now.
15. What was Jen chasing in the dream that makes her wake up screaming during this section of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the uncle who was once medically dead for three minutes, according to Jen's story to Randy?
2. What does Jen use to hit her bed with when she is worried about her father and about the way he's ruined her night?
3. Jen and Wallace both decide to get ___________ chocolate ice cream as they like to eat ice cream together.
4. Jen begins to write about abuse she suffered at _________ hands when she returns to her typewriter.
5. Her old friend who comes to visit tells Jen that he/she already has a significant other in _____________.
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)