|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jen receive from Eric a short time later from his new location in the country?
2. Who does Jen call when she is upset about the tumor and this person comes immediately over to see her?
3. Kathleen is clear about her inability to make ___________ in her life, which might be a sign of a disorder as well.
4. What does Wallace decide to do in order to get rid of the brain tumor, though he is afraid of his choice?
5. One of the things that drew Jen to Eric is that he never says anything about the __________ in her cabin.
6. What is the name of the town in which a number of tragedies begin to take place in the time leading up to Wallace's surgery?
7. What does Kathleen admit to having, which makes her an interesting choice for a sort of therapist for Jen?
(a) Voices in her head.
(b) A history of suicide attempts.
(c) A motive for her help.
(d) No training.
8. What causes Kathleen to have to leave early in the morning, even though she promised to talk with Jen?
(a) A phone call.
(d) A man.
9. What starts blowing up in the town where Jen lives, something that is considered to be a strange event?
(a) Gas stations.
(d) Gas lines.
10. What is the name of the Burn Out who receives $1000 a month just to stay out of his/her parents' hometown?
(a) Hippie Joe.
(b) Frank Morgan.
(c) Fair Mama.
11. What catches fire the week before the surgery for Wallace is scheduled to happen?
(a) Chicken coop.
(b) A tree in his yard.
(c) His car.
(d) His bathroom.
12. Randy points out that Wallace's looking great is like the ________________, and it's not fooling anyone.
(a) Nixon coverup.
(b) Biggest lie.
(d) Emperor's new clothes.
13. The doctors find a brain tumor in the _________ area of the brain, which is frustrating to Wallace as a writer.
14. What does Jen learn about a week before Eric says that he will be leaving her?
(a) She's pregnant.
(b) She's getting evicted.
(c) He's been sleeping around.
(d) Her father's tumor.
15. Jen thinks that _______ are the best gatherings she knows about, along with getting together at the bedside of a dying person.
(b) Church services.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jen think is happening with Eric when she wakes up in the night to find that he is not there anymore?
2. Which of the children still lives with his father, though this changes later on in the story?
3. What does the family next door to Jen have which they always try to talk to her about, much to her displeasure?
4. _________ says that he is worried about how others will perceive him within this dream of a situation.
5. What does a friend of Jen's do for this friend's mother in order to help alleviate the pain of dying?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)