|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dream that Jen has is interpreted by Kathleen as __________ not wanting to share the bad or embarrassing parts with others.
2. What does Kathleen admit to having, which makes her an interesting choice for a sort of therapist for Jen?
(a) Voices in her head.
(b) A motive for her help.
(c) A history of suicide attempts.
(d) No training.
3. This friend of Jen's tries to reassure her with a story about her family ________, even though the story doesn't end well.
4. What do the people next door to Jen remind her of, as she describes them for the reader?
(a) No one.
(c) Her brothers.
(d) Her mother.
5. What does the family now have to wait for after the surgery, though they didn't realize it would be so long?
(a) Wallace to wake up from the drug coma.
(b) Next chemo treatment.
(c) To see Wallace.
(d) Biopsy results.
6. One of the things that drew Jen to Eric is that he never says anything about the __________ in her cabin.
7. Miriam Brown is known as the town's most infamous __________ and she has one of her babies with her.
8. What does Wallace decide to do in order to get rid of the brain tumor, though he is afraid of his choice?
9. What starts blowing up in the town where Jen lives, something that is considered to be a strange event?
(b) Gas lines.
(c) Gas stations.
10. What did Kathleen's ex-husband encourage her to do in order to prevent herself from gaining weight?
(a) Stop eating.
(b) Run more.
(c) Become anorexic.
(d) Become bulimic.
11. What does the family have to cope with in regard to the situation with Wallace and his brain tumor?
(a) A large river of denial.
(b) No support.
(c) A strong sense of humor.
12. What does Wallace decide to make out before his surgery, just in case something happens?
(a) A mix CD.
(b) His will.
(c) His final novel.
(d) A video tape.
13. How does Jen call Kathleen when she realizes that she is not showing up for their meeting?
(a) A cell phone.
(b) Bartender's phone.
(c) The gas station employee phone.
(d) Pay phone.
14. What does Jen decide to do when she is sitting in her yard, not able to sleep because of the surgery?
(c) Throw pebbles.
15. What is the word that Wallace has troubles remembering, which prompts a trip to the doctor for testing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wallace ask for when he wakes up, though Randy spills it as he is giving it to him?
2. What is the occupation of Jen when the story first begins for the reader, though it is said she is bad at this on her own?
3. What is the profession of Jen's best friend? She is a ________ consultant who helps Jen with her questions.
4. Wallace says that if he should become a vegetable that they ____________ pull the plug, according to his wishes.
5. What does Jen want to avoid when she is sitting and waiting for Kathleen to show up at their meeting place?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)