|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells the kids that the way that Wallace looks is very normal after a surgery of this type?
(a) The nurse.
(c) No one.
2. What does Frank Morgan do which makes him a bit of a legend in the town where Jen lives?
(a) Screams gibberish.
(b) Unindentifiable bird calls.
(c) Repeats the alphabet.
(d) Reads the Bible.
3. The Burn Outs are the old hippies in town who did way too many drugs when they were younger and now cannot stop ______________.
4. Which animal does Jen live with, even though it is a little wild and likes to urinate all over her things?
5. What does Jen want to avoid when she is sitting and waiting for Kathleen to show up at their meeting place?
(b) Her brothers.
(c) Other bar patrons.
(d) Her thoughts.
6. Who does Jen imagine is surrounding her when she is in her drugged and drunk state after leaving her meeting?
(c) Her brothers.
7. What's frustrating to Wallace is that he can only get ______ hour's worth of work accomplished in four hours, which is not the way it used to be.
8. What do Jen and Randy put up with from Ben as they realize that he is nervous about seeing his father in the hospital?
(b) His sour mood.
(c) The big brother lecturing.
(d) His drunkenness.
9. What does Wallace decide to do in order to get rid of the brain tumor, though he is afraid of his choice?
10. What does Wallace ask for when he wakes up, though Randy spills it as he is giving it to him?
11. Kathleen is clear about her inability to make ___________ in her life, which might be a sign of a disorder as well.
12. What does Sarah decide to go do in order to give the kids some space to see their dad on their own?
(a) Take a shower.
(b) Walk the halls.
(c) Go to lunch.
(d) Go home to sleep.
13. What is the word that Wallace has troubles remembering, which prompts a trip to the doctor for testing?
14. The doctors find a brain tumor in the _________ area of the brain, which is frustrating to Wallace as a writer.
15. How old is Jen's friend Megan, the one who sometimes stays with her at the cabin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jen do as she is settling into bed as she realizes her pillow is getting dirty?
2. Jen thinks that _______ are the best gatherings she knows about, along with getting together at the bedside of a dying person.
3. Eric and Jen have less of a romance and more of a friendship that is punctuated with ________, according to the book.
4. What is the profession of Jen's best friend? She is a ________ consultant who helps Jen with her questions.
5. Who is the person that stands outside and smokes before going in to see Wallace after the surgery?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)