|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jen think is happening with Eric when she wakes up in the night to find that he is not there anymore?
(c) Drinking at a bar.
(d) Sleeping with someone else.
2. Miriam Brown is known as the town's most infamous __________ and she has one of her babies with her.
3. Jen finds her town irritating because of all of the conflicting ____________ it has, but it's the only home she has right now.
(b) Money structures.
(d) Weather patterns.
4. What is the sport that Eric and Jen were playing when they first met each other?
(d) Tennis doubles.
5. What is the name of the Burn Out who receives $1000 a month just to stay out of his/her parents' hometown?
(a) Fair Mama.
(b) Hippie Joe.
(d) Frank Morgan.
6. Randy points out that Wallace's looking great is like the ________________, and it's not fooling anyone.
(b) Emperor's new clothes.
(c) Nixon coverup.
(d) Biggest lie.
7. Jen realizes she has no male friends in town who are over the age of ___________, aside from her brothers.
8. Megan tells Jen about a new fertility drug which she finds to be hilarious as it's made from the ___________ of Italian nuns.
(d) Toenail clippings.
9. What does Kathleen offer as her excuse for not meeting with Jen as she promised to do?
(b) Death in the family.
(d) Doesn't like Jen.
10. What does Kathleen admit to having, which makes her an interesting choice for a sort of therapist for Jen?
(a) A history of suicide attempts.
(b) Voices in her head.
(c) A motive for her help.
(d) No training.
11. The ______ children of the 1970s had a hard time trying to reconcile their ideals with real life, according to the book.
12. In the town, _________ tend to be strange affairs with eclectic contents, depending on the focus of the day.
13. What is the name that Randy gives to the dead animal he brings back home with him during the story?
14. Who is the person that stands outside and smokes before going in to see Wallace after the surgery?
15. At one point, Kathleen was married to a _____________, according to their conversations together.
Short Answer Questions
1. The selfish ___________ of the 1980s causes many of the peace lovers to take their own lives since they see no other way out.
2. What does Jen decide to do when she is sitting in her yard, not able to sleep because of the surgery?
3. What does Jen want to avoid when she is sitting and waiting for Kathleen to show up at their meeting place?
4. What is the name of Wallace's girlfriend who is living with him and with one of his children?
5. Jen likes to be around Megan since she is not afraid of Megan __________ her, like so many other people might.
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)