|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eric and Jen have less of a romance and more of a friendship that is punctuated with ________, according to the book.
(b) Rock and roll.
2. How does Jen call Kathleen when she realizes that she is not showing up for their meeting?
(a) The gas station employee phone.
(b) A cell phone.
(c) Pay phone.
(d) Bartender's phone.
3. ________ points out to the character in #86 that everyone knows what he is going through, so no one is going to criticize him for his actions.
4. There is another group in town called the _______________ who are New Age folks that are trying to share goodwill with everyone they meet.
(a) A Blinding Light.
(b) The Team.
(c) True Lovers.
(d) Cosmica Ramas.
5. On Thursdays, Jen cleans the home of a _________________ who is actually not all that he seems, in her opinion. And he tries to cheat her each week.
(b) Trust fund radical.
(c) Republican attorney.
(d) Hindu disciple.
6. What does Wallace decide to make out before his surgery, just in case something happens?
(a) His final novel.
(b) His will.
(c) A mix CD.
(d) A video tape.
7. The siblings decide that everyone in their family is ______________ anyway, so their psychoses don't matter.
(b) Mentally ill.
(d) Dead or dying.
8. What is the name of Jen's best friend, as she is described to be in the story, though not necessarily by her actions?
9. Some people in the town believe that all of the bad things that are happening are due to ___________ in retrograde.
(b) The Moon.
10. Kathleen mentions that she would like to see ____________, since Jen's brothers already have.
11. Which animal does Jen live with, even though it is a little wild and likes to urinate all over her things?
12. What does Jen receive from Eric a short time later from his new location in the country?
13. Who is the person that knocks over the vase accidentally, which causes Wallace to wake up?
14. Does Jen have a boyfriend at this particular time in the book?
(b) Sort of.
(d) She has several.
15. What is the word that Wallace has troubles remembering, which prompts a trip to the doctor for testing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name that Randy gives to the dead animal he brings back home with him during the story?
2. What do Jen and Randy put up with from Ben as they realize that he is nervous about seeing his father in the hospital?
3. What causes Kathleen to have to leave early in the morning, even though she promised to talk with Jen?
4. What is the profession of Jen's best friend? She is a ________ consultant who helps Jen with her questions.
5. Wallace says that if he should become a vegetable that they ____________ pull the plug, according to his wishes.
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)