|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jen learn about a week before Eric says that he will be leaving her?
(a) Her father's tumor.
(b) She's pregnant.
(c) He's been sleeping around.
(d) She's getting evicted.
2. Who tells Jen that she might as well stay with Eric since he is comfortable and convenient?
3. The siblings decide that everyone in their family is ______________ anyway, so their psychoses don't matter.
(c) Mentally ill.
(d) Dead or dying.
4. Who calls Jen to let her know that everything in the surgery went well and that Wallace was resting comfortably?
5. What does Jen want to avoid when she is sitting and waiting for Kathleen to show up at their meeting place?
(a) Her thoughts.
(b) Other bar patrons.
(c) Her brothers.
6. Which animal does Jen live with, even though it is a little wild and likes to urinate all over her things?
7. What do Jen and Randy put up with from Ben as they realize that he is nervous about seeing his father in the hospital?
(a) His sour mood.
(b) The big brother lecturing.
(c) His drunkenness.
8. Who calls Jen in the middle of the night, but Jen hangs up on this person in her disgust?
9. Who does Jen call when she is upset about the tumor and this person comes immediately over to see her?
10. While there are times when Jen enjoys the shows that the Burn Outs provide for the town, most of the time they make her _____________.
11. What causes Kathleen to have to leave early in the morning, even though she promised to talk with Jen?
(a) A phone call.
(d) A man.
12. How old is Jen's friend Megan, the one who sometimes stays with her at the cabin?
13. What does Wallace decide to do in order to get rid of the brain tumor, though he is afraid of his choice?
14. What does Megan say that she will do until Jen gets back from her work time?
15. What is the name of the dead animal a short version of, according to the person who gave the animal this name?
(b) Dead man flying.
(c) Rigor mortis.
(d) Molly Maw.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wallace decide to make out before his surgery, just in case something happens?
2. What is the occupation of Jen when the story first begins for the reader, though it is said she is bad at this on her own?
3. The Burn Outs are the old hippies in town who did way too many drugs when they were younger and now cannot stop ______________.
4. The nurse tells the children that Wallace isn't allowed to have so many _________ in his room.
5. On what night of the week does Jen have a standing appointment with her dream consultant?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)