|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jen decide to do when she is sitting in her yard, not able to sleep because of the surgery?
(c) Throw pebbles.
2. In the town, _________ tend to be strange affairs with eclectic contents, depending on the focus of the day.
3. Kathleen dresses quickly in the morning so that Jen will not see _____________, it seems.
(a) That she loves Jen.
(b) Her naked.
(c) That she is leaving.
(d) That she doesn't like her.
4. Megan tells Jen about a new fertility drug which she finds to be hilarious as it's made from the ___________ of Italian nuns.
(d) Toenail clippings.
5. What does Jen do as she is settling into bed as she realizes her pillow is getting dirty?
(a) Throws the cat at the wall.
(b) Burns her pillowcase.
(c) Prays for her father.
(d) Throws up.
6. While there are times when Jen enjoys the shows that the Burn Outs provide for the town, most of the time they make her _____________.
7. ________ points out to the character in #86 that everyone knows what he is going through, so no one is going to criticize him for his actions.
8. What do the kids make in order to cover up their nervousness when they finally take Wallace to this hospital?
(a) Excuses not to come to the hospital.
(b) Bad drinks.
(d) Large joints.
9. Eric and Jen have less of a romance and more of a friendship that is punctuated with ________, according to the book.
(c) Rock and roll.
10. What does Jen think is happening with Eric when she wakes up in the night to find that he is not there anymore?
(a) Sleeping with someone else.
(c) Drinking at a bar.
11. What is the part of himself of which Eric is self conscious, so Jen does not say anything about it?
(a) His feet.
(b) His ear hair.
(c) His thinning hair.
(d) His gut.
12. What does Kathleen offer as her excuse for not meeting with Jen as she promised to do?
(b) Death in the family.
(d) Doesn't like Jen.
13. What does Kathleen admit to having, which makes her an interesting choice for a sort of therapist for Jen?
(a) Voices in her head.
(b) A history of suicide attempts.
(c) No training.
(d) A motive for her help.
14. What does Megan say that she will do until Jen gets back from her work time?
15. What's frustrating to Wallace is that he can only get ______ hour's worth of work accomplished in four hours, which is not the way it used to be.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kathleen wants to point out that while Jen might be going through a __________, that she is not the only one.
2. At one point, Kathleen was married to a _____________, according to their conversations together.
3. What does Jen receive from Eric a short time later from his new location in the country?
4. What does Sarah decide to go do in order to give the kids some space to see their dad on their own?
5. What is the sport that Eric and Jen were playing when they first met each other?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)