|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the background of the immigrants who built the castle in which Jen and her family used to live?
2. What is the part of himself of which Eric is self conscious, so Jen does not say anything about it?
(a) His thinning hair.
(b) His ear hair.
(c) His gut.
(d) His feet.
3. This New Age group likes to _________ strangers, which makes those new people uncomfortable when visiting the town.
4. What is the holiday on which Jen is sick and tries to get Eric to come over to help her during this time?
(a) Valentine's Day.
5. What does Sarah say should go away in about a week, which will allow Wallace to look a little more normal?
(a) A green patch.
(b) The stitches.
(c) The scars.
6. Who tells Jen that she might as well stay with Eric since he is comfortable and convenient?
7. What is the profession of Jen's best friend? She is a ________ consultant who helps Jen with her questions.
8. One of the things that drew Jen to Eric is that he never says anything about the __________ in her cabin.
9. What causes Kathleen to have to leave early in the morning, even though she promised to talk with Jen?
(b) A man.
(c) A phone call.
10. How does Jen call Kathleen when she realizes that she is not showing up for their meeting?
(a) Bartender's phone.
(b) Pay phone.
(c) The gas station employee phone.
(d) A cell phone.
11. The ______ children of the 1970s had a hard time trying to reconcile their ideals with real life, according to the book.
12. Jennifer's family lives in the state of ______________ in a castle that some immigrants built when they first came over to America.
13. Megan tells Jen about a new fertility drug which she finds to be hilarious as it's made from the ___________ of Italian nuns.
(c) Toenail clippings.
14. ________ points out to the character in #86 that everyone knows what he is going through, so no one is going to criticize him for his actions.
15. What is the name of Jen's best friend, as she is described to be in the story, though not necessarily by her actions?
Short Answer Questions
1. While everyone loves this person, this person still drives everyone crazy with his/her silly and boundless energy. Who is it?
2. What starts blowing up in the town where Jen lives, something that is considered to be a strange event?
3. Jen accuses Kathleen of not being ____________, and Kathleen asks if they can talk it over in the morning.
4. While there are times when Jen enjoys the shows that the Burn Outs provide for the town, most of the time they make her _____________.
5. On Thursdays, Jen cleans the home of a _________________ who is actually not all that he seems, in her opinion. And he tries to cheat her each week.
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)