|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the dead animal a short version of, according to the person who gave the animal this name?
(a) Dead man flying.
(b) Rigor mortis.
(c) Molly Maw.
2. What is the one subject that Eric doesn't want to talk about and that he becomes defensive about when Jen tries?
(d) The future.
3. What is the name of the town in which a number of tragedies begin to take place in the time leading up to Wallace's surgery?
4. At one point, Kathleen was married to a _____________, according to their conversations together.
5. This friend of Jen's tries to reassure her with a story about her family ________, even though the story doesn't end well.
6. What does Wallace decide to do in order to get rid of the brain tumor, though he is afraid of his choice?
7. How many people does Jen work for during the week, allowing her to spend the rest of the time writing?
8. Who tells Jen that she might as well stay with Eric since he is comfortable and convenient?
9. Jen thinks that _______ are the best gatherings she knows about, along with getting together at the bedside of a dying person.
(a) Church services.
10. What does Kathleen offer as her excuse for not meeting with Jen as she promised to do?
(b) Death in the family.
(d) Doesn't like Jen.
11. How does Jen call Kathleen when she realizes that she is not showing up for their meeting?
(a) A cell phone.
(b) Pay phone.
(c) Bartender's phone.
(d) The gas station employee phone.
12. What's frustrating to Wallace is that he can only get ______ hour's worth of work accomplished in four hours, which is not the way it used to be.
13. The siblings decide to go get lunch from __________ and then to have a picnic on the floor after seeing Wallace.
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A deli.
(c) A fast food chain.
14. What does Kathleen admit to having, which makes her an interesting choice for a sort of therapist for Jen?
(a) A motive for her help.
(b) A history of suicide attempts.
(c) No training.
(d) Voices in her head.
15. What did Kathleen's ex-husband encourage her to do in order to prevent herself from gaining weight?
(a) Become bulimic.
(b) Run more.
(c) Stop eating.
(d) Become anorexic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah decide to go do in order to give the kids some space to see their dad on their own?
2. What is the name that Randy gives to the dead animal he brings back home with him during the story?
3. While everyone loves this person, this person still drives everyone crazy with his/her silly and boundless energy. Who is it?
4. Randy points out that Wallace's looking great is like the ________________, and it's not fooling anyone.
5. What is the holiday on which Jen is sick and tries to get Eric to come over to help her during this time?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)