|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a friend of Jen's do for this friend's mother in order to help alleviate the pain of dying?
(a) Gives her medical marijuana.
(b) Gives her mother LSD.
(c) Pulls the plug.
2. What is the name of the dead animal a short version of, according to the person who gave the animal this name?
(a) Dead man flying.
(b) Rigor mortis.
(d) Molly Maw.
3. Wallace says that if he should become a vegetable that they ____________ pull the plug, according to his wishes.
(b) May need to.
(c) Should wait to.
(d) Should not.
4. What causes Kathleen to have to leave early in the morning, even though she promised to talk with Jen?
(b) A man.
(c) A phone call.
5. What does Jen want to avoid when she is sitting and waiting for Kathleen to show up at their meeting place?
(a) Her brothers.
(b) Her thoughts.
(c) Other bar patrons.
6. The Burn Outs are the old hippies in town who did way too many drugs when they were younger and now cannot stop ______________.
7. There is another group in town called the _______________ who are New Age folks that are trying to share goodwill with everyone they meet.
(a) The Team.
(b) Cosmica Ramas.
(c) True Lovers.
(d) A Blinding Light.
8. While there are times when Jen enjoys the shows that the Burn Outs provide for the town, most of the time they make her _____________.
9. Megan does not like _________ because when this person comes around, it means that she cannot sleep at Jen's place.
10. What does Sarah decide to go do in order to give the kids some space to see their dad on their own?
(a) Go home to sleep.
(b) Go to lunch.
(c) Walk the halls.
(d) Take a shower.
11. The ______ children of the 1970s had a hard time trying to reconcile their ideals with real life, according to the book.
12. Who is the person that first hears Wallace stumble in order to think of a word?
13. This New Age group likes to _________ strangers, which makes those new people uncomfortable when visiting the town.
14. ________ points out to the character in #86 that everyone knows what he is going through, so no one is going to criticize him for his actions.
15. What is the name that Randy gives to the dead animal he brings back home with him during the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the background of the immigrants who built the castle in which Jen and her family used to live?
2. The dream that Jen has is interpreted by Kathleen as __________ not wanting to share the bad or embarrassing parts with others.
3. What is the word that Wallace has troubles remembering, which prompts a trip to the doctor for testing?
4. What does Jen think is happening with Eric when she wakes up in the night to find that he is not there anymore?
5. Who does Jen call when she is upset about the tumor and this person comes immediately over to see her?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)