|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What starts blowing up in the town where Jen lives, something that is considered to be a strange event?
(a) Gas lines.
(d) Gas stations.
2. In the town, _________ tend to be strange affairs with eclectic contents, depending on the focus of the day.
3. What was the background of the immigrants who built the castle in which Jen and her family used to live?
4. This friend of Jen's tries to reassure her with a story about her family ________, even though the story doesn't end well.
5. What do the brothers not do with their father as they seem to think this is unmanly, even in the circumstances?
(a) Hug him.
(b) Cry around him.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Talk to him.
6. The selfish ___________ of the 1980s causes many of the peace lovers to take their own lives since they see no other way out.
7. Kathleen is clear about her inability to make ___________ in her life, which might be a sign of a disorder as well.
8. What does Jen do as she is settling into bed as she realizes her pillow is getting dirty?
(a) Throws up.
(b) Burns her pillowcase.
(c) Prays for her father.
(d) Throws the cat at the wall.
9. What does the family next door to Jen have which they always try to talk to her about, much to her displeasure?
(a) Nudist colony.
(b) Get rich quick scheme.
(d) Worm farm.
10. _________ says that he is worried about how others will perceive him within this dream of a situation.
(a) No one.
11. Miriam Brown is known as the town's most infamous __________ and she has one of her babies with her.
12. What does Jen receive from Eric a short time later from his new location in the country?
13. What does the family now have to wait for after the surgery, though they didn't realize it would be so long?
(a) Biopsy results.
(b) To see Wallace.
(c) Next chemo treatment.
(d) Wallace to wake up from the drug coma.
14. What is the name of the dead animal a short version of, according to the person who gave the animal this name?
(a) Molly Maw.
(c) Rigor mortis.
(d) Dead man flying.
15. Eric and Jen have less of a romance and more of a friendship that is punctuated with ________, according to the book.
(c) Rock and roll.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wallace says that if he should become a vegetable that they ____________ pull the plug, according to his wishes.
2. How old is Jen's friend Megan, the one who sometimes stays with her at the cabin?
3. Which animal does Jen live with, even though it is a little wild and likes to urinate all over her things?
4. What is NOT one of the names of the children who are described and followed in this book?
5. The Burn Outs are the old hippies in town who did way too many drugs when they were younger and now cannot stop ______________.
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)