|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since life is filled with insane situations, it seems that there is no reason to try to approach life as though these situations were always _____________.
2. What does Megan say that she will do until Jen gets back from her work time?
3. What starts blowing up in the town where Jen lives, something that is considered to be a strange event?
(a) Gas stations.
(c) Gas lines.
4. Some of the local ____________ are taken to the local mental hospital in straitjackets, according to the story.
(b) New Agers.
(d) Burn Outs.
5. The nurse tells the children that Wallace isn't allowed to have so many _________ in his room.
(b) Loud noises.
6. There is another group in town called the _______________ who are New Age folks that are trying to share goodwill with everyone they meet.
(a) Cosmica Ramas.
(b) A Blinding Light.
(c) The Team.
(d) True Lovers.
7. Kathleen mentions that she would like to see ____________, since Jen's brothers already have.
8. What kind of dead bird does Randy find when he and the others are walking on the beach?
9. Who does Jen imagine is surrounding her when she is in her drugged and drunk state after leaving her meeting?
(d) Her brothers.
10. Eric and Jen have less of a romance and more of a friendship that is punctuated with ________, according to the book.
(d) Rock and roll.
11. How old is Jen's friend Megan, the one who sometimes stays with her at the cabin?
12. What does Jen want to avoid when she is sitting and waiting for Kathleen to show up at their meeting place?
(a) Her thoughts.
(b) Her brothers.
(c) Other bar patrons.
13. Does Jen have a boyfriend at this particular time in the book?
(a) She has several.
(d) Sort of.
14. What is the name of the town in which a number of tragedies begin to take place in the time leading up to Wallace's surgery?
15. What does Kathleen admit to having, which makes her an interesting choice for a sort of therapist for Jen?
(a) A history of suicide attempts.
(b) A motive for her help.
(c) Voices in her head.
(d) No training.
Short Answer Questions
1. What catches fire the week before the surgery for Wallace is scheduled to happen?
2. What do the kids make in order to cover up their nervousness when they finally take Wallace to this hospital?
3. Jen's father is the son of ________ in Tokyo, while Jen's mother is an Englishwoman, according to the story.
4. Kathleen is clear about her inability to make ___________ in her life, which might be a sign of a disorder as well.
5. This New Age group likes to _________ strangers, which makes those new people uncomfortable when visiting the town.
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)