|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Megan tells Jen about a new fertility drug which she finds to be hilarious as it's made from the ___________ of Italian nuns.
(b) Toenail clippings.
2. What does Kathleen admit to having, which makes her an interesting choice for a sort of therapist for Jen?
(a) A motive for her help.
(b) A history of suicide attempts.
(c) No training.
(d) Voices in her head.
3. The selfish ___________ of the 1980s causes many of the peace lovers to take their own lives since they see no other way out.
4. Who is the sibling that tries to stop them from kicking and making jokes about each other?
(d) No one.
5. What does the family next door to Jen have which they always try to talk to her about, much to her displeasure?
(a) Worm farm.
(c) Nudist colony.
(d) Get rich quick scheme.
6. Who tells Jen that she might as well stay with Eric since he is comfortable and convenient?
7. What does Jen do as she is settling into bed as she realizes her pillow is getting dirty?
(a) Throws the cat at the wall.
(b) Prays for her father.
(c) Burns her pillowcase.
(d) Throws up.
8. Miriam Brown is known as the town's most infamous __________ and she has one of her babies with her.
9. What do the brothers not do with their father as they seem to think this is unmanly, even in the circumstances?
(a) Hug him.
(b) Kiss him.
(c) Cry around him.
(d) Talk to him.
10. What does Wallace decide to make out before his surgery, just in case something happens?
(a) A mix CD.
(b) His final novel.
(c) A video tape.
(d) His will.
11. Eric and Jen have less of a romance and more of a friendship that is punctuated with ________, according to the book.
(b) Rock and roll.
12. Randy points out that Wallace's looking great is like the ________________, and it's not fooling anyone.
(a) Biggest lie.
(b) Emperor's new clothes.
(c) Nixon coverup.
13. The doctors find a brain tumor in the _________ area of the brain, which is frustrating to Wallace as a writer.
14. Which of the children still lives with his father, though this changes later on in the story?
15. What is the name of Wallace's girlfriend who is living with him and with one of his children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jen think is happening with Eric when she wakes up in the night to find that he is not there anymore?
2. Some of the local ____________ are taken to the local mental hospital in straitjackets, according to the story.
3. ________ points out to the character in #86 that everyone knows what he is going through, so no one is going to criticize him for his actions.
4. The siblings decide to go get lunch from __________ and then to have a picnic on the floor after seeing Wallace.
5. Jen realizes she has no male friends in town who are over the age of ___________, aside from her brothers.
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)