|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Megan does not like _________ because when this person comes around, it means that she cannot sleep at Jen's place.
2. Which animal does Jen live with, even though it is a little wild and likes to urinate all over her things?
3. What is the sport that Eric and Jen were playing when they first met each other?
(d) Tennis doubles.
4. Who is the person that knocks over the vase accidentally, which causes Wallace to wake up?
5. At one point, Kathleen was married to a _____________, according to their conversations together.
6. Kathleen is clear about her inability to make ___________ in her life, which might be a sign of a disorder as well.
7. The siblings decide that everyone in their family is ______________ anyway, so their psychoses don't matter.
(a) Dead or dying.
(d) Mentally ill.
8. What was the background of the immigrants who built the castle in which Jen and her family used to live?
9. Who is the person that stands outside and smokes before going in to see Wallace after the surgery?
10. What do the people next door to Jen remind her of, as she describes them for the reader?
(a) Her mother.
(b) No one.
(c) Her brothers.
11. What does Wallace decide to make out before his surgery, just in case something happens?
(a) His will.
(b) A mix CD.
(c) His final novel.
(d) A video tape.
12. The doctors find a brain tumor in the _________ area of the brain, which is frustrating to Wallace as a writer.
13. Kathleen dresses quickly in the morning so that Jen will not see _____________, it seems.
(a) That she loves Jen.
(b) That she is leaving.
(c) Her naked.
(d) That she doesn't like her.
14. Who is the person that first hears Wallace stumble in order to think of a word?
15. This New Age group likes to _________ strangers, which makes those new people uncomfortable when visiting the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the things that drew Jen to Eric is that he never says anything about the __________ in her cabin.
2. The selfish ___________ of the 1980s causes many of the peace lovers to take their own lives since they see no other way out.
3. Jen accuses Kathleen of not being ____________, and Kathleen asks if they can talk it over in the morning.
4. What does Jen receive from Eric a short time later from his new location in the country?
5. What catches fire the week before the surgery for Wallace is scheduled to happen?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)