|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wallace decide to make out before his surgery, just in case something happens?
(a) A mix CD.
(b) His will.
(c) His final novel.
(d) A video tape.
2. ________ points out to the character in #86 that everyone knows what he is going through, so no one is going to criticize him for his actions.
3. What does Jen think is happening with Eric when she wakes up in the night to find that he is not there anymore?
(a) Drinking at a bar.
(c) Sleeping with someone else.
4. Who is the person that stands outside and smokes before going in to see Wallace after the surgery?
5. Kathleen is clear about her inability to make ___________ in her life, which might be a sign of a disorder as well.
6. What is NOT one of the names of the children who are described and followed in this book?
7. Who does Jen call when she is upset about the tumor and this person comes immediately over to see her?
8. Wallace says that if he should become a vegetable that they ____________ pull the plug, according to his wishes.
(a) May need to.
(c) Should not.
(d) Should wait to.
9. This friend of Jen's tries to reassure her with a story about her family ________, even though the story doesn't end well.
10. The dream that Jen has is interpreted by Kathleen as __________ not wanting to share the bad or embarrassing parts with others.
11. Kathleen dresses quickly in the morning so that Jen will not see _____________, it seems.
(a) That she is leaving.
(b) That she loves Jen.
(c) That she doesn't like her.
(d) Her naked.
12. What does the family next door to Jen have which they always try to talk to her about, much to her displeasure?
(b) Worm farm.
(c) Get rich quick scheme.
(d) Nudist colony.
13. What does Jen do as she is settling into bed as she realizes her pillow is getting dirty?
(a) Throws up.
(b) Burns her pillowcase.
(c) Prays for her father.
(d) Throws the cat at the wall.
14. Megan tells Jen about a new fertility drug which she finds to be hilarious as it's made from the ___________ of Italian nuns.
(d) Toenail clippings.
15. The ______ children of the 1970s had a hard time trying to reconcile their ideals with real life, according to the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the children still lives with his father, though this changes later on in the story?
2. One of the things that drew Jen to Eric is that he never says anything about the __________ in her cabin.
3. What is the profession of Jen's best friend? She is a ________ consultant who helps Jen with her questions.
4. Some of the local ____________ are taken to the local mental hospital in straitjackets, according to the story.
5. The nurse tells the children that Wallace isn't allowed to have so many _________ in his room.
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)