|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jen learn about a week before Eric says that he will be leaving her?
(a) She's pregnant.
(b) Her father's tumor.
(c) He's been sleeping around.
(d) She's getting evicted.
2. Where does Eric tell Jen that he needs to go in order to begin to find himself and his true feelings?
3. What was the background of the immigrants who built the castle in which Jen and her family used to live?
4. The siblings decide to go get lunch from __________ and then to have a picnic on the floor after seeing Wallace.
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A deli.
(c) A fast food chain.
5. How old is Jen's friend Megan, the one who sometimes stays with her at the cabin?
6. What kind of dead bird does Randy find when he and the others are walking on the beach?
7. Which of the children still lives with his father, though this changes later on in the story?
8. What do the brothers not do with their father as they seem to think this is unmanly, even in the circumstances?
(a) Kiss him.
(b) Talk to him.
(c) Cry around him.
(d) Hug him.
9. What do Jen and Randy put up with from Ben as they realize that he is nervous about seeing his father in the hospital?
(a) His sour mood.
(b) His drunkenness.
(d) The big brother lecturing.
10. Where do Jen and her dream consultant like to meet, though the consultant is always late for the meeting?
(a) A bar.
(b) Her cabin.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) The bookstore.
11. What does Wallace decide to do in order to get rid of the brain tumor, though he is afraid of his choice?
12. What does Kathleen admit to having, which makes her an interesting choice for a sort of therapist for Jen?
(a) Voices in her head.
(b) A history of suicide attempts.
(c) A motive for her help.
(d) No training.
13. One of the things that drew Jen to Eric is that he never says anything about the __________ in her cabin.
14. What starts blowing up in the town where Jen lives, something that is considered to be a strange event?
(b) Gas stations.
(d) Gas lines.
15. Since life is filled with insane situations, it seems that there is no reason to try to approach life as though these situations were always _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Wallace's girlfriend who is living with him and with one of his children?
2. Kathleen dresses quickly in the morning so that Jen will not see _____________, it seems.
3. Wallace says that if he should become a vegetable that they ____________ pull the plug, according to his wishes.
4. Jen accuses Kathleen of not being ____________, and Kathleen asks if they can talk it over in the morning.
5. What causes Kathleen to have to leave early in the morning, even though she promised to talk with Jen?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)