Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the things that drew Jen to Eric is that he never says anything about the __________ in her cabin.
2. Miriam Brown is known as the town's most infamous __________ and she has one of her babies with her.
3. What does the family have to cope with in regard to the situation with Wallace and his brain tumor?
(b) No support.
(c) A strong sense of humor.
(d) A large river of denial.
4. Who tells Jen that she might as well stay with Eric since he is comfortable and convenient?
5. While everyone loves this person, this person still drives everyone crazy with his/her silly and boundless energy. Who is it?
6. There is another group in town called the _______________ who are New Age folks that are trying to share goodwill with everyone they meet.
(a) True Lovers.
(b) The Team.
(c) A Blinding Light.
(d) Cosmica Ramas.
7. How many people does Jen work for during the week, allowing her to spend the rest of the time writing?
8. What does Wallace decide to do in order to get rid of the brain tumor, though he is afraid of his choice?
9. What is the word that Wallace has troubles remembering, which prompts a trip to the doctor for testing?
10. What does Sarah say should go away in about a week, which will allow Wallace to look a little more normal?
(a) The scars.
(b) A green patch.
(d) The stitches.
11. What is the name of the dead animal a short version of, according to the person who gave the animal this name?
(a) Molly Maw.
(b) Rigor mortis.
(c) Dead man flying.
12. Randy points out that Wallace's looking great is like the ________________, and it's not fooling anyone.
(a) Emperor's new clothes.
(b) Nixon coverup.
(c) Biggest lie.
13. Kathleen dresses quickly in the morning so that Jen will not see _____________, it seems.
(a) That she is leaving.
(b) Her naked.
(c) That she doesn't like her.
(d) That she loves Jen.
14. Who tells the kids that the way that Wallace looks is very normal after a surgery of this type?
(a) The nurse.
(c) No one.
15. The ______ children of the 1970s had a hard time trying to reconcile their ideals with real life, according to the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the person that knocks over the vase accidentally, which causes Wallace to wake up?
2. What does Jen think is happening with Eric when she wakes up in the night to find that he is not there anymore?
3. Who calls Jen to let her know that everything in the surgery went well and that Wallace was resting comfortably?
4. What does Jen want to avoid when she is sitting and waiting for Kathleen to show up at their meeting place?
5. What is the name of Jen's best friend, as she is described to be in the story, though not necessarily by her actions?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)