|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Jen's best friend, as she is described to be in the story, though not necessarily by her actions?
2. What does a friend of Jen's do for this friend's mother in order to help alleviate the pain of dying?
(a) Gives her medical marijuana.
(c) Gives her mother LSD.
(d) Pulls the plug.
3. What is the word that Wallace has troubles remembering, which prompts a trip to the doctor for testing?
4. Since life is filled with insane situations, it seems that there is no reason to try to approach life as though these situations were always _____________.
5. At one point, Kathleen was married to a _____________, according to their conversations together.
6. What does Jen receive from Eric a short time later from his new location in the country?
7. Some people in the town believe that all of the bad things that are happening are due to ___________ in retrograde.
(a) The Moon.
8. The Burn Outs are the old hippies in town who did way too many drugs when they were younger and now cannot stop ______________.
9. What starts blowing up in the town where Jen lives, something that is considered to be a strange event?
(b) Gas stations.
(c) Gas lines.
10. What does Sarah decide to go do in order to give the kids some space to see their dad on their own?
(a) Go to lunch.
(b) Take a shower.
(c) Walk the halls.
(d) Go home to sleep.
11. The siblings decide that everyone in their family is ______________ anyway, so their psychoses don't matter.
(b) Dead or dying.
(c) Mentally ill.
12. What is the name that Randy gives to the dead animal he brings back home with him during the story?
13. Kathleen mentions that she would like to see ____________, since Jen's brothers already have.
14. What does Jen learn about a week before Eric says that he will be leaving her?
(a) She's pregnant.
(b) She's getting evicted.
(c) He's been sleeping around.
(d) Her father's tumor.
15. What is the one subject that Eric doesn't want to talk about and that he becomes defensive about when Jen tries?
(b) The future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jen want to avoid when she is sitting and waiting for Kathleen to show up at their meeting place?
2. This friend of Jen's tries to reassure her with a story about her family ________, even though the story doesn't end well.
3. At the funerals in the town, people will ___________ whatever they think is appropriate for sending off a person they love or respect.
4. What catches fire the week before the surgery for Wallace is scheduled to happen?
5. Who calls Jen to let her know that everything in the surgery went well and that Wallace was resting comfortably?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)