|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kathleen is clear about her inability to make ___________ in her life, which might be a sign of a disorder as well.
2. What is NOT one of the names of the children who are described and followed in this book?
3. Who tells the kids that the way that Wallace looks is very normal after a surgery of this type?
(a) No one.
(c) The nurse.
4. Jen realizes she has no male friends in town who are over the age of ___________, aside from her brothers.
5. Who is the person that stands outside and smokes before going in to see Wallace after the surgery?
6. What does a friend of Jen's do for this friend's mother in order to help alleviate the pain of dying?
(a) Gives her mother LSD.
(b) Pulls the plug.
(c) Gives her medical marijuana.
7. What does Kathleen admit to having, which makes her an interesting choice for a sort of therapist for Jen?
(a) A motive for her help.
(b) Voices in her head.
(c) A history of suicide attempts.
(d) No training.
8. The siblings decide that everyone in their family is ______________ anyway, so their psychoses don't matter.
(b) Mentally ill.
(d) Dead or dying.
9. What is the name of Wallace's girlfriend who is living with him and with one of his children?
10. Because Ben used to ___________, he doesn't want people to think that he's thrown his life away by becoming an emotional mess now.
(a) Do drugs.
(b) Be rich.
(c) Be a leader.
(d) Live on the streets.
11. What was the background of the immigrants who built the castle in which Jen and her family used to live?
12. What does the family now have to wait for after the surgery, though they didn't realize it would be so long?
(a) Biopsy results.
(b) Wallace to wake up from the drug coma.
(c) To see Wallace.
(d) Next chemo treatment.
13. While everyone loves this person, this person still drives everyone crazy with his/her silly and boundless energy. Who is it?
14. Who is the sibling that tries to stop them from kicking and making jokes about each other?
(b) No one.
15. What does Wallace decide to make out before his surgery, just in case something happens?
(a) A video tape.
(b) His will.
(c) A mix CD.
(d) His final novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sport that Eric and Jen were playing when they first met each other?
2. What does Wallace ask for when he wakes up, though Randy spills it as he is giving it to him?
3. The siblings talk about how much they ________ each other and that they would have a hard time if one of them died.
4. Jen accuses Kathleen of not being ____________, and Kathleen asks if they can talk it over in the morning.
5. Miriam Brown is known as the town's most infamous __________ and she has one of her babies with her.
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)