|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kathleen admit to having, which makes her an interesting choice for a sort of therapist for Jen?
(a) No training.
(b) Voices in her head.
(c) A history of suicide attempts.
(d) A motive for her help.
2. Megan tells Jen about a new fertility drug which she finds to be hilarious as it's made from the ___________ of Italian nuns.
(d) Toenail clippings.
3. Miriam Brown is known as the town's most infamous __________ and she has one of her babies with her.
4. On Thursdays, Jen cleans the home of a _________________ who is actually not all that he seems, in her opinion. And he tries to cheat her each week.
(a) Hindu disciple.
(c) Trust fund radical.
(d) Republican attorney.
5. Which of the children still lives with his father, though this changes later on in the story?
6. Who is the sibling that tries to stop them from kicking and making jokes about each other?
(d) No one.
7. Kathleen wants to point out that while Jen might be going through a __________, that she is not the only one.
(b) Happy time.
8. What does Jen think is happening with Eric when she wakes up in the night to find that he is not there anymore?
(b) Sleeping with someone else.
(d) Drinking at a bar.
9. ________ points out to the character in #86 that everyone knows what he is going through, so no one is going to criticize him for his actions.
10. What do the kids make in order to cover up their nervousness when they finally take Wallace to this hospital?
(a) Large joints.
(b) Excuses not to come to the hospital.
(c) Bad drinks.
11. What does Wallace decide to make out before his surgery, just in case something happens?
(a) A video tape.
(b) His final novel.
(c) His will.
(d) A mix CD.
12. Who tells the kids that the way that Wallace looks is very normal after a surgery of this type?
(a) No one.
(b) The nurse.
13. The ______ children of the 1970s had a hard time trying to reconcile their ideals with real life, according to the book.
14. There is another group in town called the _______________ who are New Age folks that are trying to share goodwill with everyone they meet.
(a) True Lovers.
(b) Cosmica Ramas.
(c) The Team.
(d) A Blinding Light.
15. What does Kathleen offer as her excuse for not meeting with Jen as she promised to do?
(b) Doesn't like Jen.
(d) Death in the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the family now have to wait for after the surgery, though they didn't realize it would be so long?
2. Which animal does Jen live with, even though it is a little wild and likes to urinate all over her things?
3. What does Jen decide to do when she is sitting in her yard, not able to sleep because of the surgery?
4. The selfish ___________ of the 1980s causes many of the peace lovers to take their own lives since they see no other way out.
5. The doctors find a brain tumor in the _________ area of the brain, which is frustrating to Wallace as a writer.
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)