|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jen call Kathleen when she realizes that she is not showing up for their meeting?
(a) Bartender's phone.
(b) A cell phone.
(c) The gas station employee phone.
(d) Pay phone.
2. What does the family next door to Jen have which they always try to talk to her about, much to her displeasure?
(a) Worm farm.
(b) Nudist colony.
(d) Get rich quick scheme.
3. Kathleen dresses quickly in the morning so that Jen will not see _____________, it seems.
(a) That she is leaving.
(b) That she loves Jen.
(c) That she doesn't like her.
(d) Her naked.
4. What is the name of the Burn Out who receives $1000 a month just to stay out of his/her parents' hometown?
(a) Frank Morgan.
(c) Hippie Joe.
(d) Fair Mama.
5. When Jen calls Eric to talk about her emotions around the brain tumor, he tells her that he is sick of all the _____________ drama.
(a) Reality TV.
6. On what night of the week does Jen have a standing appointment with her dream consultant?
7. What did Kathleen's ex-husband encourage her to do in order to prevent herself from gaining weight?
(a) Run more.
(b) Become bulimic.
(c) Become anorexic.
(d) Stop eating.
8. What is the name of the town in which a number of tragedies begin to take place in the time leading up to Wallace's surgery?
9. Jen thinks that _______ are the best gatherings she knows about, along with getting together at the bedside of a dying person.
(a) Church services.
10. What does Jen think is happening with Eric when she wakes up in the night to find that he is not there anymore?
(a) Sleeping with someone else.
(b) Drinking at a bar.
11. Where do Jen and her dream consultant like to meet, though the consultant is always late for the meeting?
(a) Her cabin.
(b) A bar.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) The bookstore.
12. Which animal does Jen live with, even though it is a little wild and likes to urinate all over her things?
13. The siblings decide that everyone in their family is ______________ anyway, so their psychoses don't matter.
(c) Mentally ill.
(d) Dead or dying.
14. What does a friend of Jen's do for this friend's mother in order to help alleviate the pain of dying?
(a) Pulls the plug.
(b) Gives her medical marijuana.
(d) Gives her mother LSD.
15. What does Wallace decide to do in order to get rid of the brain tumor, though he is afraid of his choice?
Short Answer Questions
1. While there are times when Jen enjoys the shows that the Burn Outs provide for the town, most of the time they make her _____________.
2. What is the one subject that Eric doesn't want to talk about and that he becomes defensive about when Jen tries?
3. This friend of Jen's tries to reassure her with a story about her family ________, even though the story doesn't end well.
4. The doctors find a brain tumor in the _________ area of the brain, which is frustrating to Wallace as a writer.
5. Who is the person that stands outside and smokes before going in to see Wallace after the surgery?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)