|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wallace says that if he should become a vegetable that they ____________ pull the plug, according to his wishes.
(a) Should not.
(b) May need to.
(c) Should wait to.
2. Jen resents the fact that she has to go clean a ____________ house for four hours as a part of her way to make money.
(c) Rich person's.
3. What does the family next door to Jen have which they always try to talk to her about, much to her displeasure?
(b) Nudist colony.
(c) Worm farm.
(d) Get rich quick scheme.
4. Who calls Jen to let her know that everything in the surgery went well and that Wallace was resting comfortably?
5. At one point, Kathleen was married to a _____________, according to their conversations together.
6. The dream that Jen has is interpreted by Kathleen as __________ not wanting to share the bad or embarrassing parts with others.
7. What does Sarah decide to go do in order to give the kids some space to see their dad on their own?
(a) Go home to sleep.
(b) Go to lunch.
(c) Walk the halls.
(d) Take a shower.
8. Who is the person that knocks over the vase accidentally, which causes Wallace to wake up?
9. Jen thinks that _______ are the best gatherings she knows about, along with getting together at the bedside of a dying person.
(a) Church services.
10. While there are times when Jen enjoys the shows that the Burn Outs provide for the town, most of the time they make her _____________.
11. How old is Jen's friend Megan, the one who sometimes stays with her at the cabin?
12. Eric and Jen have less of a romance and more of a friendship that is punctuated with ________, according to the book.
(b) Rock and roll.
13. What is the name of the dead animal a short version of, according to the person who gave the animal this name?
(b) Dead man flying.
(c) Molly Maw.
(d) Rigor mortis.
14. What does Jen learn about a week before Eric says that he will be leaving her?
(a) He's been sleeping around.
(b) She's getting evicted.
(c) She's pregnant.
(d) Her father's tumor.
15. Jennifer's family lives in the state of ______________ in a castle that some immigrants built when they first came over to America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jen finds her town irritating because of all of the conflicting ____________ it has, but it's the only home she has right now.
2. What does the family have to cope with in regard to the situation with Wallace and his brain tumor?
3. Kathleen mentions that she would like to see ____________, since Jen's brothers already have.
4. ________ points out to the character in #86 that everyone knows what he is going through, so no one is going to criticize him for his actions.
5. Jen's father is the son of ________ in Tokyo, while Jen's mother is an Englishwoman, according to the story.
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)