|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What starts blowing up in the town where Jen lives, something that is considered to be a strange event?
(c) Gas lines.
(d) Gas stations.
2. Jen finds her town irritating because of all of the conflicting ____________ it has, but it's the only home she has right now.
(a) Weather patterns.
(d) Money structures.
3. Eric and Jen have less of a romance and more of a friendship that is punctuated with ________, according to the book.
(d) Rock and roll.
4. Kathleen is clear about her inability to make ___________ in her life, which might be a sign of a disorder as well.
5. What does Jen receive from Eric a short time later from his new location in the country?
6. Who does Jen call when she is upset about the tumor and this person comes immediately over to see her?
7. Miriam Brown is known as the town's most infamous __________ and she has one of her babies with her.
8. Who calls Jen in the middle of the night, but Jen hangs up on this person in her disgust?
9. Where do Jen and her dream consultant like to meet, though the consultant is always late for the meeting?
(a) Her cabin.
(b) A bar.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) The bookstore.
10. The nurse tells the children that Wallace isn't allowed to have so many _________ in his room.
(a) Loud noises.
11. What does Jen learn about a week before Eric says that he will be leaving her?
(a) Her father's tumor.
(b) She's getting evicted.
(c) She's pregnant.
(d) He's been sleeping around.
12. At the funerals in the town, people will ___________ whatever they think is appropriate for sending off a person they love or respect.
13. What do Jen and Randy put up with from Ben as they realize that he is nervous about seeing his father in the hospital?
(a) His sour mood.
(b) His drunkenness.
(d) The big brother lecturing.
14. What catches fire the week before the surgery for Wallace is scheduled to happen?
(a) Chicken coop.
(b) His car.
(c) A tree in his yard.
(d) His bathroom.
15. Who calls Jen to let her know that everything in the surgery went well and that Wallace was resting comfortably?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Burn Out who receives $1000 a month just to stay out of his/her parents' hometown?
2. The siblings talk about how much they ________ each other and that they would have a hard time if one of them died.
3. Jen resents the fact that she has to go clean a ____________ house for four hours as a part of her way to make money.
4. Where does Eric tell Jen that he needs to go in order to begin to find himself and his true feelings?
5. What is the name that Randy gives to the dead animal he brings back home with him during the story?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)