|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Jen to let her know that everything in the surgery went well and that Wallace was resting comfortably?
2. What does Kathleen admit to having, which makes her an interesting choice for a sort of therapist for Jen?
(a) A history of suicide attempts.
(b) No training.
(c) Voices in her head.
(d) A motive for her help.
3. Megan tells Jen about a new fertility drug which she finds to be hilarious as it's made from the ___________ of Italian nuns.
(c) Toenail clippings.
4. The selfish ___________ of the 1980s causes many of the peace lovers to take their own lives since they see no other way out.
5. This friend of Jen's tries to reassure her with a story about her family ________, even though the story doesn't end well.
6. Jen thinks that _______ are the best gatherings she knows about, along with getting together at the bedside of a dying person.
(d) Church services.
7. What is the name that Randy gives to the dead animal he brings back home with him during the story?
8. Jen realizes she has no male friends in town who are over the age of ___________, aside from her brothers.
9. What does the family have to cope with in regard to the situation with Wallace and his brain tumor?
(a) A strong sense of humor.
(c) No support.
(d) A large river of denial.
10. The Burn Outs are the old hippies in town who did way too many drugs when they were younger and now cannot stop ______________.
11. What does Jen do as she is settling into bed as she realizes her pillow is getting dirty?
(a) Prays for her father.
(b) Throws up.
(c) Burns her pillowcase.
(d) Throws the cat at the wall.
12. Who is the person that stands outside and smokes before going in to see Wallace after the surgery?
13. What kind of dead bird does Randy find when he and the others are walking on the beach?
14. One of the things that drew Jen to Eric is that he never says anything about the __________ in her cabin.
15. In the town, _________ tend to be strange affairs with eclectic contents, depending on the focus of the day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jen call when she is upset about the tumor and this person comes immediately over to see her?
2. Miriam Brown is known as the town's most infamous __________ and she has one of her babies with her.
3. What is the name of the Burn Out who receives $1000 a month just to stay out of his/her parents' hometown?
4. What's frustrating to Wallace is that he can only get ______ hour's worth of work accomplished in four hours, which is not the way it used to be.
5. At one point, Kathleen was married to a _____________, according to their conversations together.
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)