|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Kathleen to have to leave early in the morning, even though she promised to talk with Jen?
(a) A man.
(d) A phone call.
2. Where do Jen and her dream consultant like to meet, though the consultant is always late for the meeting?
(a) A bar.
(b) The bookstore.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) Her cabin.
3. What does Jen think is happening with Eric when she wakes up in the night to find that he is not there anymore?
(a) Drinking at a bar.
(c) Sleeping with someone else.
4. What is the sport that Eric and Jen were playing when they first met each other?
(b) Tennis doubles.
5. What do the brothers not do with their father as they seem to think this is unmanly, even in the circumstances?
(a) Hug him.
(b) Cry around him.
(c) Talk to him.
(d) Kiss him.
6. Wallace says that if he should become a vegetable that they ____________ pull the plug, according to his wishes.
(b) Should wait to.
(c) May need to.
(d) Should not.
7. Does Jen have a boyfriend at this particular time in the book?
(c) Sort of.
(d) She has several.
8. Who is the person that stands outside and smokes before going in to see Wallace after the surgery?
9. Jennifer's family lives in the state of ______________ in a castle that some immigrants built when they first came over to America.
10. What is the name of the Burn Out who receives $1000 a month just to stay out of his/her parents' hometown?
(b) Fair Mama.
(c) Hippie Joe.
(d) Frank Morgan.
11. While everyone loves this person, this person still drives everyone crazy with his/her silly and boundless energy. Who is it?
12. The siblings decide that everyone in their family is ______________ anyway, so their psychoses don't matter.
(a) Mentally ill.
(c) Dead or dying.
13. What do the kids make in order to cover up their nervousness when they finally take Wallace to this hospital?
(a) Bad drinks.
(c) Large joints.
(d) Excuses not to come to the hospital.
14. On what night of the week does Jen have a standing appointment with her dream consultant?
15. Some people in the town believe that all of the bad things that are happening are due to ___________ in retrograde.
(c) The Moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jen calls Eric to talk about her emotions around the brain tumor, he tells her that he is sick of all the _____________ drama.
2. How does Jen call Kathleen when she realizes that she is not showing up for their meeting?
3. In the town, _________ tend to be strange affairs with eclectic contents, depending on the focus of the day.
4. Who calls Jen in the middle of the night, but Jen hangs up on this person in her disgust?
5. Some of the local ____________ are taken to the local mental hospital in straitjackets, according to the story.
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)