Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the box that Henry's grandmother gave to him?
2. What does Arnie Whitechapel do to convince the shop teacher to let them watch movies about rebuilding engines?
3. In which class do all of the boys have a crush on the teacher?
4. What does Henry awaken to see?
5. Why does Henry get in trouble on his first trip when he arrives to do the restocking?
Essay Topic 1
Henry often wants to do the right thing in the novel, but is unable to do it. Write about at least one example of this in the novel and be sure to describe the reaction Henry wants to complete but does not. What would you do in the same situation? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about how Henry's destruction of the spider web is really him lashing out against his own entrapment. Why do you believe this is or is not the case? Be sure to use examples from the text to support your answers. Do you believe Henry is justified in wanting to lash out? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Henry's father goes to an imaginary job each day? Write an essay describing how you would feel if you were in Henry's father's position? What would you do? Why? Do you agree with going to the imaginary job each day? Why or why not?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)