|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry say that he can't make an obvious mistake?
2. Who gives Henry the finger on graduation day?
3. Henry says that his seventh grade football team used games against the eight and ninth graders as an opportunity for ___________.
4. How many phone numbers did Jimmy get from girlus at the beach?
5. What job does Henry imagine he will have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henry's parents often refer to his friends as good boys, but never seem to compliment Henry. Why do you believe this is the case? Do you believe this is fair to Henry? What do you think this does to shape Henry's view of himself? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about Henry's experience in the ROTC. Do you believe ROTC was good for Henry? Do you believe Henry should join the military? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Henry has a very low opinion of his future at the end of the novel. Why do you believe this is the case? Do you think his feelings are justified? Why or why not?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)