|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Henry imagine he will have?
2. What happens to Pete and Lilly after Wagoner finds them in the car?
3. What does Jimmy do to his girlfriend's family's milk?
4. Which of the following is not true about Harry?
5. What opinion does Henry have about most of the maneuvers in ROTC?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you believe that Henry's parents want him to be more like Abe and less like himself?
2. Why does Henry say that he likes to be singled out as the bad guy?
3. What does Henry say he's discovered after Baldy introduces him to the drinking of alcohol?
4. What insights does Henry have about Baldy while he continues to walk him home each day?
5. Henry's mother is afraid that Abe's mother will call a lawyer after Abe's arm is broken playing baseball with Henry. How does this situation resolve itself?
6. Why does Henry reveal that he believes that Abe ruined his graduation day for him?
7. Describe the scene where Henry's grandmother brings over her crucifix to help to treat his boils and acne.
8. When Henry asked his question and chose a small scroll from the box what did it say?
9. What treatment does Henry receive from the doctors to help treat his boils and horrible acne?
10. Describe how Jimmy and Henry 'discussed' their thoughts about friendship in English class.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The character of Jimmy desperately wants to be friends with Henry. How does Jimmy show this? Do you think it helps or hurts his chances of being friends with Henry? Would you be friends with Jimmy? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Baldy and Henry. How does Henry justify to himself that he is similar to Baldy? Henry says that he doesn't like Baldy, but yet spends time with him and walks him home each day, why do you think this is the case.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about how Henry's destruction of the spider web is really him lashing out against his own entrapment. Why do you believe this is or is not the case? Be sure to use examples from the text to support your answers. Do you believe Henry is justified in wanting to lash out? Why or why not?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)