|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Pete and Lilly after Wagoner finds them in the car?
2. What does Jimmy do to the family dog at his girlfriend's house?
3. Why doesn't Henry go to the doctor anymore?
4. What happens to Henry when his father insists he keeps the salve on much longer than is recommended?
5. What does Henry's grandmother believe is wrong with Henry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Big Henry feel about his new job?
2. Describe how Jimmy and Henry 'discussed' their thoughts about friendship in English class.
3. Describe the interaction Henry has with Clare, Jimmy's mother, after Jimmy passes out from drinking too much.
4. Why does Henry indicate that even though he is going to get in trouble for ruining his shirt for fighting with Gibson, it is still a good day?
5. Henry's mother is afraid that Abe's mother will call a lawyer after Abe's arm is broken playing baseball with Henry. How does this situation resolve itself?
6. What does Henry say he's discovered after Baldy introduces him to the drinking of alcohol?
7. Why does Henry reveal that he believes that Abe ruined his graduation day for him?
8. In regards to respect, how do Henry and Wagoner view things?
9. Why does Henry believe that he was hired for the job at Mears-Starbuck over the job at the airplane factory?
10. What does Pete ask Henry to do which eventually causes him to earn 1000 demerits?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing how Henry's father treated Henry throughout the novel. Did this change? Why do you believe it has changed? Use information from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing why Henry wants to be a bad guy. Use specific examples from the text to support your answer. Should Henry look to people like Dillinger and Ma Barker as role models? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
At the end of chapter 58, Henry walks away saying that the loss of the second game is important but that he doesn't know why. Why do you think he feels that way? Do you agree? Does this seem like a climax? Why or why not?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)