|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Abe's mother decide not to sue Henry's family?
2. Why did Baldy's father lose his license to be a surgeon?
3. Why does Henry say that he was selected for the job at Mears-Starbuck?
4. In which class do all of the boys have a crush on the teacher?
5. What happens to end the baseball game that Henry talks Abe into playing with them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Jimmy and Henry 'discussed' their thoughts about friendship in English class.
2. What insights does Henry have about Baldy while he continues to walk him home each day?
3. What does Pete ask Henry to do which eventually causes him to earn 1000 demerits?
4. Describe the interaction Henry has with Clare, Jimmy's mother, after Jimmy passes out from drinking too much.
5. What treatment does Henry receive from the doctors to help treat his boils and horrible acne?
6. What does Henry think is childish about the ROTC mock battles?
7. Describe the scene where Henry's grandmother brings over her crucifix to help to treat his boils and acne.
8. What does Henry say he's discovered after Baldy introduces him to the drinking of alcohol?
9. In regards to respect, how do Henry and Wagoner view things?
10. Why does Henry say that he likes to be singled out as the bad guy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Baldy and Henry. How does Henry justify to himself that he is similar to Baldy? Henry says that he doesn't like Baldy, but yet spends time with him and walks him home each day, why do you think this is the case.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about how Henry's destruction of the spider web is really him lashing out against his own entrapment. Why do you believe this is or is not the case? Be sure to use examples from the text to support your answers. Do you believe Henry is justified in wanting to lash out? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about how advanced Henry seems to be for a first grader. Do you believe first graders today act like Henry? Why or why not?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)