|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following students regularly masturbates during English class?
2. After he loses the fight, what does the coach tell the boys to do?
3. What does Jimmy do to the family dog at his girlfriend's house?
4. What happened to Jimmy's father?
5. Why is Henry asked not to return next semester to ROTC?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Henry believe that Lilly is an evil woman who will send them all to hell?
2. Describe how Jimmy and Henry 'discussed' their thoughts about friendship in English class.
3. What treatment does Henry receive from the doctors to help treat his boils and horrible acne?
4. How does Big Henry feel about his new job?
5. Why does Henry say that he likes to be singled out as the bad guy?
6. Describe the scene where Henry's grandmother brings over her crucifix to help to treat his boils and acne.
7. Why does Henry believe he doesn't fit in to his new school called Chelsey High?
8. Why do Henry and Baldy continue to go back to the same window over and over again?
9. Why do you believe that Henry's parents want him to be more like Abe and less like himself?
10. Why does Henry believe that he was hired for the job at Mears-Starbuck over the job at the airplane factory?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Henry's childhood. How does he relate to other children? Why is this the case? How does Henry's father's employment affect his childhood?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Baldy and Henry. How does Henry justify to himself that he is similar to Baldy? Henry says that he doesn't like Baldy, but yet spends time with him and walks him home each day, why do you think this is the case.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about Henry's experience in the ROTC. Do you believe ROTC was good for Henry? Do you believe Henry should join the military? Why or why not?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)