|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Henry the finger on graduation day?
2. What does Henry do to Jimmy's mother after Jimmy goes to sleep?
3. Who brings two sets of boxing gloves for a match?
4. Why does Henry put out a lot of job applications?
5. Which word describes how Henry feels about the signs he shows of his battle with Gibson?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Henry reveal that he believes that Abe ruined his graduation day for him?
2. Describe the interaction Henry has with Clare, Jimmy's mother, after Jimmy passes out from drinking too much.
3. What contradiction occurs within Henry after he wins at the ROTC competition?
4. Why does Big Henry tell Henry that he will be going back to school?
5. Why does Henry believe he doesn't fit in to his new school called Chelsey High?
6. Why is Henry no longer afraid of being beaten by his father?
7. Why does Henry say that he likes to be singled out as the bad guy?
8. Why does Henry indicate that even though he is going to get in trouble for ruining his shirt for fighting with Gibson, it is still a good day?
9. What does Henry say he's discovered after Baldy introduces him to the drinking of alcohol?
10. Why do Henry and Baldy continue to go back to the same window over and over again?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing why Henry wants to be a bad guy. Use specific examples from the text to support your answer. Should Henry look to people like Dillinger and Ma Barker as role models? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about Henry's experience in the ROTC. Do you believe ROTC was good for Henry? Do you believe Henry should join the military? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about how advanced Henry seems to be for a first grader. Do you believe first graders today act like Henry? Why or why not?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)