|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what type of competition does Henry make the finals?
2. What topic does Eddie introduce Henry to in Jr. High School?
3. What does Arnie Whitechapel do to convince the shop teacher to let them watch movies about rebuilding engines?
4. Why does Henry say that he was selected for the job at Mears-Starbuck?
5. What job does Henry imagine he will have?
Essay Topic 1
Henry often takes pride in his wounds from battle. He even goes so far as to look forward to additional beatings. Why do you believe this is the case? Do you believe Henry should feel this way? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Henry often wants to do the right thing in the novel, but is unable to do it. Write about at least one example of this in the novel and be sure to describe the reaction Henry wants to complete but does not. What would you do in the same situation? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about how advanced Henry seems to be for a first grader. Do you believe first graders today act like Henry? Why or why not?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)