|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry do which makes Chuck, Eddie, Frank and Gene upset with him for a few weeks?
2. Why doesn't Henry play with the boys in the neighborhood?
3. Where does Henry begin going with Frank?
4. When does Big Henry begin making his rounds to collect money?
5. Where does Henry kiss Lila Jane and grab her behind?
Short Essay Questions
1. What events transpired which led Henry to be sent to the principal's office?
2. What happens at the pool that causes Red to move away from Henry without a word of goodbye?
3. What does Henry's father overreact to after Henry completes the assigned lawn chores and what punishment does he give to Henry?
4. What intrigues the group of boys about the spider and how is it ruined for them?
5. How does Henry feel after the beating from his father and what actions does he take?
6. Why wouldn't Big Henry allow Henry's mother to give Aunt Anna money when they obviously needed some to buy food?
7. What does Henry's grandfather give him that is important to him?
8. What is odd about the first afternoon that David and Henry walk home from school together?
9. Why do Henry and Frank make a break and run away from the man who picked them up and drove them to the air show?
10. How does Henry begin to be included with the neighborhood boys?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about Henry's experience in the ROTC. Do you believe ROTC was good for Henry? Do you believe Henry should join the military? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The character of Jimmy desperately wants to be friends with Henry. How does Jimmy show this? Do you think it helps or hurts his chances of being friends with Henry? Would you be friends with Jimmy? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing why Henry would say that he doesn't hate his father and is too confused for that. Would you be able to hate Big Henry if he were your father? Why or why not?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)