Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is cross-eyed?
2. How does Henry's father describe his brothers?
3. Where is Big Henry's brother?
4. Which of the following homophones did Henry's father use in a joke?
5. What does Henry do which makes Chuck, Eddie, Frank and Gene upset with him for a few weeks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why won't Big Henry's dream of moving to the South Seas and never working again be realized?
2. What events transpired which led Henry to be sent to the principal's office?
3. What happens at the pool that causes Red to move away from Henry without a word of goodbye?
4. Describe the interaction Henry has with Clare, Jimmy's mother, after Jimmy passes out from drinking too much.
5. Describe how Jimmy and Henry 'discussed' their thoughts about friendship in English class.
6. What is Henry curious about in regards to Red and how does he satisfy it?
7. Describe the relationship between Lila Jean and Henry and the things they do together.
8. What happens when Henry's father drives to an orange grove to pick oranges?
9. Why does Henry say that he likes to be singled out as the bad guy?
10. What does Henry's grandfather give him that is important to him?
Write an essay about Henry's experience in the ROTC. Do you believe ROTC was good for Henry? Do you believe Henry should join the military? Why or why not?
At the end of chapter 58, Henry walks away saying that the loss of the second game is important but that he doesn't know why. Why do you think he feels that way? Do you agree? Does this seem like a climax? Why or why not?
Write an essay comparing your school experience to that of Henry. In what ways are they the same? In what ways are they different? Which do you prefer the one you have or that of Henry? Why?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)