|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade is Henry in when David moves away?
2. What chore does Henry's father give him to keep him out of one of the Saturday football games?
3. What happens as Henry walks home from school after his teacher keeps him late?
4. What term does Henry use to describe sperm?
5. What does David share with Henry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henry say to his father that is insightful when his father tells him they are traveling the wrong direction and he says that he will leave him behind?
2. What does Henry talk about in relation to the boys at his grammar school?
3. What intrigues the group of boys about the spider and how is it ruined for them?
4. What events transpired which led Henry to be sent to the principal's office?
5. What is Henry curious about in regards to Red and how does he satisfy it?
6. What happens when Henry asks to be excused from dinner because he is in too much pain to eat?
7. Why do Henry and Frank make a break and run away from the man who picked them up and drove them to the air show?
8. How does Henry feel after the beating from his father and what actions does he take?
9. Why wouldn't Big Henry allow Henry's mother to give Aunt Anna money when they obviously needed some to buy food?
10. What is odd about the first afternoon that David and Henry walk home from school together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Henry's childhood. How does he relate to other children? Why is this the case? How does Henry's father's employment affect his childhood?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Henry's father goes to an imaginary job each day? Write an essay describing how you would feel if you were in Henry's father's position? What would you do? Why? Do you agree with going to the imaginary job each day? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
At the end of chapter 58, Henry walks away saying that the loss of the second game is important but that he doesn't know why. Why do you think he feels that way? Do you agree? Does this seem like a climax? Why or why not?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)