|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Henry's grandfather give to him?
2. What happens as Henry walks home from school after his teacher keeps him late?
3. What grade is Henry in when David moves away?
4. In what year did Henry's memory take place?
5. What was the man who gave them a ride arrested for?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Frank moves away with his mother what does he send back to Henry that they continue to exchange for awhile?
2. Describe the relationship between Lila Jean and Henry and the things they do together.
3. Why won't Big Henry's dream of moving to the South Seas and never working again be realized?
4. What sins does Henry make up when he can't think of anything he's done wrong during confession?
5. What is Henry curious about in regards to Red and how does he satisfy it?
6. What intrigues the group of boys about the spider and how is it ruined for them?
7. What is a common theme among many of the children and adults by this point in the novel?
8. After Henry learns about sex from one of his friends, what does he say repulses him about the idea of sex?
9. What do Henry and Stanley agree upon that happens at school?
10. Why did Henry become obsessed with bathroom practices in kindergarten?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing why Henry would say that he doesn't hate his father and is too confused for that. Would you be able to hate Big Henry if he were your father? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing why Henry wants to be a bad guy. Use specific examples from the text to support your answer. Should Henry look to people like Dillinger and Ma Barker as role models? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about how Henry feels about religion. Why does he consider himself an agnostic? Do you believe this is an accurate description of Henry? Why or why not?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)