|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens within the baseball game with Miranda Bell after several innings with no score?
2. What do Frank and Henry continue to exchange after Frank moves away?
3. Where does Henry begin going with Frank?
4. When is Henry first exposed to other children?
5. What would Henry lose when he got through the afternoon fights with the other boys at school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Henry become obsessed with bathroom practices in kindergarten?
2. What does Henry witness when he walks David home and then waits for him outside?
3. Why do Henry and Frank make a break and run away from the man who picked them up and drove them to the air show?
4. What happens when Henry's father drives to an orange grove to pick oranges?
5. How does Henry feel after the beating from his father and what actions does he take?
6. Describe, in detail, an example of Big Henry's tendency to create scenes in public.
7. When Frank moves away with his mother what does he send back to Henry that they continue to exchange for awhile?
8. Why wouldn't Big Henry allow Henry's mother to give Aunt Anna money when they obviously needed some to buy food?
9. What does Big Henry say he will do once the doctor tells him that the driver who hit Henry was drunk?
10. What happens at the pool that causes Red to move away from Henry without a word of goodbye?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing why Big Henry would be so enthralled with his new job at the museum. Why was this important? Why did he consider it like magic? Do you agree with how he feels?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay comparing your school experience to that of Henry. In what ways are they the same? In what ways are they different? Which do you prefer the one you have or that of Henry? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Baldy and Henry. How does Henry justify to himself that he is similar to Baldy? Henry says that he doesn't like Baldy, but yet spends time with him and walks him home each day, why do you think this is the case.
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)