|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he loses the fight, what does the coach tell the boys to do?
(a) Never return to gym class
(b) Stop ganging up on him
(c) To get off campus
(d) Put out their cigarettes
2. What did the man who dated Jimmy's mother pay her to do according to Jimmy?
(a) Let him move into their house
(b) Have sex with him
(c) Pee in his mouth
(d) Beat him with a whip
3. How does Harry escape from Henry when Henry threatens him?
(a) Cowers in the hall
(b) Calls Miss Gredis to help him
(c) Points over Henry's shoulder
(d) Beats Henry Up
4. Why does Henry say that most of the guys joined ROTC?
(a) They hate gym class
(b) They have to to graduate
(c) Parents make them
(d) They like it
5. Why does Abe make all A grades?
(a) His father beats him if he gets less than an A
(b) His mother makes him study all the time
(c) He is naturally smart and easily gets As
(d) He will do anything to get a better life and job
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Henry imagine he will have?
2. What do the doctors expose Henry to in hopes of treating the acne and boils?
3. What does Pete ask Henry to do so he can be with Lilly?
4. Henry says that his seventh grade football team used games against the eight and ninth graders as an opportunity for ___________.
5. What does Jimmy do to the family dog at his girlfriend's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Henry believe he doesn't fit in to his new school called Chelsey High?
2. Describe the scene where Henry's grandmother brings over her crucifix to help to treat his boils and acne.
3. Why do you believe that Henry's parents want him to be more like Abe and less like himself?
4. Describe how Jimmy and Henry 'discussed' their thoughts about friendship in English class.
5. What contradiction occurs within Henry after he wins at the ROTC competition?
6. In regards to respect, how do Henry and Wagoner view things?
7. What does Pete ask Henry to do which eventually causes him to earn 1000 demerits?
8. How does Henry describe the class of large boys who are in his classes at the Jr. High School?
9. When Henry asked his question and chose a small scroll from the box what did it say?
10. Why does Henry reveal that he believes that Abe ruined his graduation day for him?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)