|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Abe make all A grades?
(a) He will do anything to get a better life and job
(b) His mother makes him study all the time
(c) His father beats him if he gets less than an A
(d) He is naturally smart and easily gets As
2. What happens to Henry when his father insists he keeps the salve on much longer than is recommended?
(a) He gets more boils
(b) His skin begins to fall off
(c) He is burned
(d) He screams in extreme pain
3. What does Arnie Whitechapel do to convince the shop teacher to let them watch movies about rebuilding engines?
(a) Shows him that he already knows how to do it
(b) Tells dirty jokes
(c) Destroys the equipment in the room
(d) Threatens to beat him up
4. How does Harry escape from Henry when Henry threatens him?
(a) Calls Miss Gredis to help him
(b) Points over Henry's shoulder
(c) Cowers in the hall
(d) Beats Henry Up
5. Why does Henry put out a lot of job applications?
(a) He doesn't want to live at home
(b) He is forced to by Big Henry
(c) He needs money
(d) He wants to find a job with his friends
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry see ahead for him in his life?
2. Why doesn't Henry go to the doctor anymore?
3. How does Henry's father feel about the fact that Henry broke Abe's arm?
4. What does Henry do to Jimmy's mother after Jimmy goes to sleep?
5. Why does Henry say that most of the guys joined ROTC?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Jimmy and Henry 'discussed' their thoughts about friendship in English class.
2. How does Henry describe the class of large boys who are in his classes at the Jr. High School?
3. Describe the interaction Henry has with Clare, Jimmy's mother, after Jimmy passes out from drinking too much.
4. Why does Henry reveal that he believes that Abe ruined his graduation day for him?
5. How does Big Henry feel about his new job?
6. Why do Henry and Baldy continue to go back to the same window over and over again?
7. In regards to respect, how do Henry and Wagoner view things?
8. What does Henry say he's discovered after Baldy introduces him to the drinking of alcohol?
9. When Henry asked his question and chose a small scroll from the box what did it say?
10. Why does Henry believe that Lilly is an evil woman who will send them all to hell?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)