|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Jimmy and Henry get to the beach?
(a) They take the bus 15 miles to the beach
(b) The bike 15 miles to the beach
(c) They walk 15 miles to the beach
(d) They hitchhike 15 miles to the beach
2. What is physically wrong with Henry as he starts high school?
(a) Covered in boils and acne
(b) Lost his fingers
(c) Has no finger nails
(d) Broken legs
3. In what type of competition does Henry make the finals?
4. What does Henry's grandmother believe is wrong with Henry?
(a) God has forsaken him
(b) Devil is dwelling in Henry's body
(c) He has spit in God's face
(d) He has sinned by having sex
5. What do the doctors expose Henry to in hopes of treating the acne and boils?
(a) Needles to drill and drain the boils
(b) Ultraviolet light
(c) Salve which dries the acne and boils
(d) Direct Sun light
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Henry go to the doctor anymore?
2. What new job does Henry's father get?
3. Which word describes how Henry feels about the signs he shows of his battle with Gibson?
4. Why does Henry get in trouble on his first trip when he arrives to do the restocking?
5. Who does Coach Wagoner say will be his next challenge to a fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Henry and Baldy continue to go back to the same window over and over again?
2. What does Henry say he's discovered after Baldy introduces him to the drinking of alcohol?
3. Why does Henry believe he doesn't fit in to his new school called Chelsey High?
4. What insights does Henry have about Baldy while he continues to walk him home each day?
5. Why does Henry indicate that even though he is going to get in trouble for ruining his shirt for fighting with Gibson, it is still a good day?
6. What contradiction occurs within Henry after he wins at the ROTC competition?
7. How does Big Henry feel about his new job?
8. What treatment does Henry receive from the doctors to help treat his boils and horrible acne?
9. Describe the scene where Henry's grandmother brings over her crucifix to help to treat his boils and acne.
10. When Henry asked his question and chose a small scroll from the box what did it say?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)