|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Coach Wagoner say will be his next challenge to a fight?
2. Henry says that his seventh grade football team used games against the eight and ninth graders as an opportunity for ___________.
(a) Skipping classes
(b) Chance to meet girls
(d) Learning new skills
3. What happens during the mock war exercises?
(a) Both sides claim to win
(b) Blood is always shed
(c) Henry's team always loses
(d) One member always quits or dies
4. What new job does Henry's father get?
(a) Security guard
(b) ROTC instructor
(c) Delivery man
(d) None, just the imaginary job
5. What opinion does Henry have about most of the maneuvers in ROTC?
(b) Have great real-life values
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pete say took Lilly Fischman's virginity?
2. What happens to end the baseball game that Henry talks Abe into playing with them?
3. Why does Henry think that he didn't get the job at the airplane factory?
4. What do the doctor's say that Henry has?
5. How do Jimmy and Henry get to the beach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What contradiction occurs within Henry after he wins at the ROTC competition?
2. Why does Big Henry tell Henry that he will be going back to school?
3. Why does Henry believe that he was hired for the job at Mears-Starbuck over the job at the airplane factory?
4. What does Henry think is childish about the ROTC mock battles?
5. Why do Henry and Baldy continue to go back to the same window over and over again?
6. Why does Henry believe that Lilly is an evil woman who will send them all to hell?
7. Why does Henry say that he likes to be singled out as the bad guy?
8. Describe the interaction Henry has with Clare, Jimmy's mother, after Jimmy passes out from drinking too much.
9. Why does Henry indicate that even though he is going to get in trouble for ruining his shirt for fighting with Gibson, it is still a good day?
10. Why is Henry no longer afraid of being beaten by his father?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)