|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry join at his new high school?
(a) Auto club
(b) Pre medication club
2. What did the man who dated Jimmy's mother pay her to do according to Jimmy?
(a) Have sex with him
(b) Beat him with a whip
(c) Pee in his mouth
(d) Let him move into their house
3. What does a typical day in Henry's imagination of his 'good life' look like?
(a) Lay around all day, sleep
(b) Work, eat, sleep
(c) Work, come home, have sex, go to sleep
(d) Work, come home alone, drink himself to sleep
4. How do Jimmy and Henry get to the beach?
(a) They hitchhike 15 miles to the beach
(b) The bike 15 miles to the beach
(c) They walk 15 miles to the beach
(d) They take the bus 15 miles to the beach
5. Why does Abe's mother decide not to sue Henry's family?
(a) Abe says it was his fault
(b) Henry's mother convinces her not to
(c) Henry's father beats her up
(d) Henry begs her not to
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry put out a lot of job applications?
2. Why does Henry get in trouble on his first trip when he arrives to do the restocking?
3. What happens to Henry when his father insists he keeps the salve on much longer than is recommended?
4. After he loses the fight, what does the coach tell the boys to do?
5. What happens to end the baseball game that Henry talks Abe into playing with them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What treatment does Henry receive from the doctors to help treat his boils and horrible acne?
2. Why does Henry indicate that even though he is going to get in trouble for ruining his shirt for fighting with Gibson, it is still a good day?
3. What contradiction occurs within Henry after he wins at the ROTC competition?
4. What does Henry say he's discovered after Baldy introduces him to the drinking of alcohol?
5. When Henry asked his question and chose a small scroll from the box what did it say?
6. Why does Big Henry tell Henry that he will be going back to school?
7. Why do Henry and Baldy continue to go back to the same window over and over again?
8. Why does Henry believe that Lilly is an evil woman who will send them all to hell?
9. What does Henry think is childish about the ROTC mock battles?
10. Why does Henry believe that he was hired for the job at Mears-Starbuck over the job at the airplane factory?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)