|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following students regularly masturbates during English class?
(a) Lilly Fischman
(b) Richard Waite
(c) Arnie Whitechapel
(d) Harry Walden
2. How does Harry escape from Henry when Henry threatens him?
(a) Beats Henry Up
(b) Cowers in the hall
(c) Points over Henry's shoulder
(d) Calls Miss Gredis to help him
3. Where does Henry go everyday once he returns to school?
(b) English class
4. What is physically wrong with Henry as he starts high school?
(a) Covered in boils and acne
(b) Has no finger nails
(c) Lost his fingers
(d) Broken legs
5. What does a typical day in Henry's imagination of his 'good life' look like?
(a) Lay around all day, sleep
(b) Work, come home, have sex, go to sleep
(c) Work, come home alone, drink himself to sleep
(d) Work, eat, sleep
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic does Eddie introduce Henry to in Jr. High School?
2. What does Henry's grandmother bring to help with the boils and acne?
3. Which of the following characters is popular but poor?
4. What does Henry do to get 100 demerits from Wagoner?
5. What does Pete ask Henry to do so he can be with Lilly?
Short Essay Questions
1. In regards to respect, how do Henry and Wagoner view things?
2. How does Big Henry feel about his new job?
3. What does Pete ask Henry to do which eventually causes him to earn 1000 demerits?
4. Why does Henry believe that he was hired for the job at Mears-Starbuck over the job at the airplane factory?
5. Why does Henry believe he doesn't fit in to his new school called Chelsey High?
6. Why does Big Henry tell Henry that he will be going back to school?
7. Describe the scene where Henry's grandmother brings over her crucifix to help to treat his boils and acne.
8. What contradiction occurs within Henry after he wins at the ROTC competition?
9. Describe the interaction Henry has with Clare, Jimmy's mother, after Jimmy passes out from drinking too much.
10. What does Henry think is childish about the ROTC mock battles?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)