|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harry escape from Henry when Henry threatens him?
(a) Cowers in the hall
(b) Calls Miss Gredis to help him
(c) Beats Henry Up
(d) Points over Henry's shoulder
2. Why does Henry think that he didn't get the job at the airplane factory?
(a) Showed up drunk to the interview
(b) Born in Germany
(c) Stopped to feed a starving dog on the way to the job
(d) He didn't fill out the application and turned it in blank
3. What do the doctors expose Henry to in hopes of treating the acne and boils?
(a) Salve which dries the acne and boils
(b) Direct Sun light
(c) Ultraviolet light
(d) Needles to drill and drain the boils
4. What does Henry awaken to see?
(a) Two faces staring at him
(b) The small box that his grandmother gave him
(c) His grandmother praying over him
(d) Two dark eyes peering at him
5. Why does Henry say that most of the guys joined ROTC?
(a) They like it
(b) They hate gym class
(c) Parents make them
(d) They have to to graduate
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the box that Henry's grandmother gave to him?
2. What is physically wrong with Henry as he starts high school?
3. What does Henry join at his new high school?
4. What does a typical day in Henry's imagination of his 'good life' look like?
5. Which of the following is not true about Harry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Henry indicate that even though he is going to get in trouble for ruining his shirt for fighting with Gibson, it is still a good day?
2. How does Henry describe the class of large boys who are in his classes at the Jr. High School?
3. What contradiction occurs within Henry after he wins at the ROTC competition?
4. Why does Henry believe that Lilly is an evil woman who will send them all to hell?
5. In regards to respect, how do Henry and Wagoner view things?
6. What does Henry think is childish about the ROTC mock battles?
7. What does Henry say he's discovered after Baldy introduces him to the drinking of alcohol?
8. Why does Henry believe he doesn't fit in to his new school called Chelsey High?
9. Why does Big Henry tell Henry that he will be going back to school?
10. Why do Henry and Baldy continue to go back to the same window over and over again?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)