|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one of the boys tell Henry happens to him each time he brings home an F?
(a) Has to sleep outside
(b) Makes him beg for a retest
(c) Pulls out a fingernail
(d) Beats him with a razor strap
2. After he loses the fight, what does the coach tell the boys to do?
(a) To get off campus
(b) Put out their cigarettes
(c) Stop ganging up on him
(d) Never return to gym class
3. What does Henry have to do to work off demerits?
(a) Pick up garbage
(b) Mow the lawn
(c) Get A's on his tests
(d) Clean the tables in the cafeteria
4. How does Harry escape from Henry when Henry threatens him?
(a) Cowers in the hall
(b) Calls Miss Gredis to help him
(c) Points over Henry's shoulder
(d) Beats Henry Up
5. How does Henry's father feel about the fact that Henry broke Abe's arm?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Pete and Lilly after Wagoner finds them in the car?
2. Why does Henry say that he was selected for the job at Mears-Starbuck?
3. Which word describes how Henry feels about the signs he shows of his battle with Gibson?
4. What does Henry do with his winning medal?
5. Why does Henry say that he can't make an obvious mistake?
Short Essay Questions
1. What insights does Henry have about Baldy while he continues to walk him home each day?
2. Why does Henry believe that he was hired for the job at Mears-Starbuck over the job at the airplane factory?
3. Describe the interaction Henry has with Clare, Jimmy's mother, after Jimmy passes out from drinking too much.
4. How does Big Henry feel about his new job?
5. What treatment does Henry receive from the doctors to help treat his boils and horrible acne?
6. Why does Henry reveal that he believes that Abe ruined his graduation day for him?
7. What does Henry think is childish about the ROTC mock battles?
8. Why is Henry no longer afraid of being beaten by his father?
9. In regards to respect, how do Henry and Wagoner view things?
10. What does Pete ask Henry to do which eventually causes him to earn 1000 demerits?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)