|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Henry go to the doctor anymore?
(a) Henry refuses to go to the doctor again
(b) Big Henry doesn't believe in paying doctors
(c) Big Henry won't let Henry go to the doctor's anymore
(d) Doctors will not treat him any longer
2. Who does Coach Wagoner say will be his next challenge to a fight?
3. What happens to Pete and Lilly after Wagoner finds them in the car?
(a) They get 100000 demerits
(b) They beat up Henry and Baldy for not keeping better watch
(c) They never return to school
(d) They get married
4. Why does Abe make all A grades?
(a) He is naturally smart and easily gets As
(b) His mother makes him study all the time
(c) His father beats him if he gets less than an A
(d) He will do anything to get a better life and job
5. After he loses the fight, what does the coach tell the boys to do?
(a) Never return to gym class
(b) Put out their cigarettes
(c) To get off campus
(d) Stop ganging up on him
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the doctors expose Henry to in hopes of treating the acne and boils?
2. What does his last follow-up doctor tell Henry to drink to help with the acne and boils?
3. What opinion does Henry have about most of the maneuvers in ROTC?
4. Why does Henry's father send him to Chelsey?
5. In what type of competition does Henry make the finals?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Jimmy and Henry 'discussed' their thoughts about friendship in English class.
2. How does Henry describe the class of large boys who are in his classes at the Jr. High School?
3. Why does Henry indicate that even though he is going to get in trouble for ruining his shirt for fighting with Gibson, it is still a good day?
4. In regards to respect, how do Henry and Wagoner view things?
5. What treatment does Henry receive from the doctors to help treat his boils and horrible acne?
6. How does Big Henry feel about his new job?
7. Why does Big Henry tell Henry that he will be going back to school?
8. What insights does Henry have about Baldy while he continues to walk him home each day?
9. Why is Henry no longer afraid of being beaten by his father?
10. What does Henry think is childish about the ROTC mock battles?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)