|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry's grandmother believe is wrong with Henry?
(a) Devil is dwelling in Henry's body
(b) God has forsaken him
(c) He has spit in God's face
(d) He has sinned by having sex
2. After he loses the fight, what does the coach tell the boys to do?
(a) Stop ganging up on him
(b) Never return to gym class
(c) Put out their cigarettes
(d) To get off campus
3. What does Big Henry become obsessed with and talk incessantly about?
(a) The ROTC
(b) Henry's acne
(c) His job
(d) The war
4. How does Harry escape from Henry when Henry threatens him?
(a) Points over Henry's shoulder
(b) Cowers in the hall
(c) Calls Miss Gredis to help him
(d) Beats Henry Up
5. Why can't Henry read the books he borrows from the library late at night?
(a) Lights out at eight o'clock
(b) His father refuses to allow Henry to borrow books
(c) He is not allowed to read in the house
(d) He must do chorse at night or risk getting beaten
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry says that his seventh grade football team used games against the eight and ninth graders as an opportunity for ___________.
2. Where does Henry go everyday once he returns to school?
3. What does his last follow-up doctor tell Henry to drink to help with the acne and boils?
4. Who does Pete say took Lilly Fischman's virginity?
5. What does Arnie Whitechapel do to convince the shop teacher to let them watch movies about rebuilding engines?
Short Essay Questions
1. What treatment does Henry receive from the doctors to help treat his boils and horrible acne?
2. Henry's mother is afraid that Abe's mother will call a lawyer after Abe's arm is broken playing baseball with Henry. How does this situation resolve itself?
3. When Henry asked his question and chose a small scroll from the box what did it say?
4. What does Henry say he's discovered after Baldy introduces him to the drinking of alcohol?
5. How does Henry describe the class of large boys who are in his classes at the Jr. High School?
6. Why does Henry say that he likes to be singled out as the bad guy?
7. What does Henry think is childish about the ROTC mock battles?
8. Why does Henry believe that Lilly is an evil woman who will send them all to hell?
9. Describe the interaction Henry has with Clare, Jimmy's mother, after Jimmy passes out from drinking too much.
10. Why does Henry indicate that even though he is going to get in trouble for ruining his shirt for fighting with Gibson, it is still a good day?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)