|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What topic does Eddie introduce Henry to in Jr. High School?
(b) Alcohol consumption
(c) Birth Control
(d) White supremacy
2. After he loses the fight, what does the coach tell the boys to do?
(a) To get off campus
(b) Never return to gym class
(c) Stop ganging up on him
(d) Put out their cigarettes
3. Who does Pete say took Lilly Fischman's virginity?
(d) Her father
4. What happens during the mock war exercises?
(a) One member always quits or dies
(b) Blood is always shed
(c) Both sides claim to win
(d) Henry's team always loses
5. Which of the following students commits suicide?
(a) Richard Waite
(b) Harry Walden
(c) Lilly Fischman
(d) Arnie Whitechapel
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Big Henry want Henry to be?
2. Which of the following students regularly masturbates during English class?
3. Why does Henry take his father's binoculars?
4. Why does Henry's father send him to Chelsey?
5. Why does Henry say that he can't make an obvious mistake?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Henry say that he likes to be singled out as the bad guy?
2. Why do Henry and Baldy continue to go back to the same window over and over again?
3. Why does Henry indicate that even though he is going to get in trouble for ruining his shirt for fighting with Gibson, it is still a good day?
4. Why does Henry believe that Lilly is an evil woman who will send them all to hell?
5. What does Pete ask Henry to do which eventually causes him to earn 1000 demerits?
6. What does Henry think is childish about the ROTC mock battles?
7. What insights does Henry have about Baldy while he continues to walk him home each day?
8. Why does Henry believe that he was hired for the job at Mears-Starbuck over the job at the airplane factory?
9. Why does Henry believe he doesn't fit in to his new school called Chelsey High?
10. How does Henry describe the class of large boys who are in his classes at the Jr. High School?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)