|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word describes how Henry feels about the signs he shows of his battle with Gibson?
2. After he loses the fight, what does the coach tell the boys to do?
(a) To get off campus
(b) Stop ganging up on him
(c) Never return to gym class
(d) Put out their cigarettes
3. How do the boys in shop class learn to rebuild engines?
(a) By watching the teacher do it
(b) They don't ever learn
(c) Doing it themselves
(d) Watching movies
4. What did the man who dated Jimmy's mother pay her to do according to Jimmy?
(a) Have sex with him
(b) Let him move into their house
(c) Beat him with a whip
(d) Pee in his mouth
5. What does Henry awaken to see?
(a) Two faces staring at him
(b) His grandmother praying over him
(c) Two dark eyes peering at him
(d) The small box that his grandmother gave him
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Jimmy's father?
2. Why does Henry say that he can't make an obvious mistake?
3. In which class do all of the boys have a crush on the teacher?
4. Why doesn't Henry go to the doctor anymore?
5. Who does Pete say took Lilly Fischman's virginity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Big Henry tell Henry that he will be going back to school?
2. Why is Henry no longer afraid of being beaten by his father?
3. How does Big Henry feel about his new job?
4. Why does Henry indicate that even though he is going to get in trouble for ruining his shirt for fighting with Gibson, it is still a good day?
5. Why do you believe that Henry's parents want him to be more like Abe and less like himself?
6. What treatment does Henry receive from the doctors to help treat his boils and horrible acne?
7. Describe the scene where Henry's grandmother brings over her crucifix to help to treat his boils and acne.
8. Describe how Jimmy and Henry 'discussed' their thoughts about friendship in English class.
9. How does Henry describe the class of large boys who are in his classes at the Jr. High School?
10. In regards to respect, how do Henry and Wagoner view things?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)