|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pete say took Lilly Fischman's virginity?
(d) Her father
2. What happens to end the baseball game that Henry talks Abe into playing with them?
(a) Abe breaks his arm
(b) Henry breaks his arm
(c) Abe scores the winning pitch
(d) Kitten is hit by a pitch
3. What opinion does Henry have about most of the maneuvers in ROTC?
(a) Have great real-life values
4. What does Henry awaken to see?
(a) Two dark eyes peering at him
(b) The small box that his grandmother gave him
(c) Two faces staring at him
(d) His grandmother praying over him
5. What happened to Jimmy's father?
(a) Moved to another state to practice medicine
(b) Committed suicide
(c) Went into the military
(d) Left to be with another woman
Short Answer Questions
1. How many phone numbers did Jimmy get from girlus at the beach?
2. Why does Abe make all A grades?
3. Why is Henry asked not to return next semester to ROTC?
4. Why does Henry get in trouble on his first trip when he arrives to do the restocking?
5. Which character does Coach Wagoner challenge to a fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Henry believe that Lilly is an evil woman who will send them all to hell?
2. Why does Henry indicate that even though he is going to get in trouble for ruining his shirt for fighting with Gibson, it is still a good day?
3. Describe the scene where Henry's grandmother brings over her crucifix to help to treat his boils and acne.
4. Why does Big Henry tell Henry that he will be going back to school?
5. Why do Henry and Baldy continue to go back to the same window over and over again?
6. Why does Henry say that he likes to be singled out as the bad guy?
7. Describe the interaction Henry has with Clare, Jimmy's mother, after Jimmy passes out from drinking too much.
8. How does Big Henry feel about his new job?
9. Henry's mother is afraid that Abe's mother will call a lawyer after Abe's arm is broken playing baseball with Henry. How does this situation resolve itself?
10. What treatment does Henry receive from the doctors to help treat his boils and horrible acne?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)