|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What opinion does Henry have about most of the maneuvers in ROTC?
(a) Have great real-life values
2. What does Pete ask Henry to do so he can be with Lilly?
(a) Beat up Wagoner for him
(b) Bring Baldy to protect Pete from Lilly's dad
(c) Walk Lilly home so that she is safe
(d) Stand watch while they do it in an old car behind the shop
3. Which of the following descriptions does Henry make about the boys at his Jr. High School?
(a) Horses left out to pasture
(b) Wild dogs of Africa
(c) Tigers with mange
(d) Turtles sunning themselves on the sand
4. Why does Henry say that most of the guys joined ROTC?
(a) They have to to graduate
(b) Parents make them
(c) They like it
(d) They hate gym class
5. What did the man who dated Jimmy's mother pay her to do according to Jimmy?
(a) Beat him with a whip
(b) Pee in his mouth
(c) Let him move into their house
(d) Have sex with him
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic does Eddie introduce Henry to in Jr. High School?
2. What happens during the mock war exercises?
3. Which character introduces Henry to drinking alcohol?
4. Which of the following students regularly masturbates during English class?
5. What is in the box that Henry's grandmother gave to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Henry believe that he was hired for the job at Mears-Starbuck over the job at the airplane factory?
2. In regards to respect, how do Henry and Wagoner view things?
3. What insights does Henry have about Baldy while he continues to walk him home each day?
4. Why does Henry indicate that even though he is going to get in trouble for ruining his shirt for fighting with Gibson, it is still a good day?
5. Describe the scene where Henry's grandmother brings over her crucifix to help to treat his boils and acne.
6. What does Henry think is childish about the ROTC mock battles?
7. What contradiction occurs within Henry after he wins at the ROTC competition?
8. What does Pete ask Henry to do which eventually causes him to earn 1000 demerits?
9. Why do you believe that Henry's parents want him to be more like Abe and less like himself?
10. What treatment does Henry receive from the doctors to help treat his boils and horrible acne?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)