|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the term vicious mean as it is used in the following sentence: Henry knows the players will be sending vicious kicks his way.
2. Why didn't Henry open the sealed note from the principal?
(a) Lost the note
(b) No desire
(c) Forgot about the note
(d) Afraid of being beaten
3. With which of the following characters is Big Henry having an affair?
4. With whom does Henry spend most of his free time?
(a) Lila Jane
5. Why did Henry's family come to America?
(a) To escape debts in Germany.
(b) To avoid prison for his father.
(c) It is not explained.
(d) To live near his relatives who had already moved to America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Henry and Red go together occasionally?
2. Where is Katherine's brother?
3. Why doesn't Henry go with the class to see the personal appearance by President Hoover?
4. Where did Henry's grandmother live?
5. Of what is Henry's first memory?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe in detail Henry's first day of classes at L.A. City College.
2. What does Henry's grandfather give him that is important to him?
3. Where do Baldy and Igor take Henry and what happens there?
4. What does Henry talk about in relation to the boys at his grammar school?
5. Why do Henry and Baldy continue to go back to the same window over and over again?
6. Describe the relationship between Lila Jean and Henry and the things they do together.
7. What does Henry's father overreact to after Henry completes the assigned lawn chores and what punishment does he give to Henry?
8. What events transpired which led Henry to be sent to the principal's office?
9. Describe the scene where Henry's grandmother brings over her crucifix to help to treat his boils and acne.
10. How does Henry feel after the beating from his father and what actions does he take?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)