|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Henry born?
(c) United States
2. Why do the other players say that Henry should play on the baseball team that plays teams from other schools?
(a) Because the others want Henry away from the school
(b) Because Henry makes a great catch
(c) Because Henry beats up a lot of students
(d) Because he hits a home run
3. When does Big Henry begin making his rounds to collect money?
(d) After his rounds
4. What does Frank like?
5. How does Henry says boys from his school take their beatings?
(a) Without a word
(b) With constant pain
(c) Without crying
(d) With revenge in mind
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Frank and Henry sell to the Jewish ladies who sit on the benches at the beach?
2. What sport does Henry imagine that he is great at playing?
3. Why didn't Henry open the sealed note from the principal?
4. What position does Henry play in the kickball games in physical education class?
5. What occupation does Henry tell his new teacher that his father has?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Henry and Frank make a break and run away from the man who picked them up and drove them to the air show?
2. What do Henry and Stanley agree upon that happens at school?
3. How does Henry feel after the beating from his father and what actions does he take?
4. What does Henry's grandfather give him that is important to him?
5. Describe, in detail, an example of Big Henry's tendency to create scenes in public.
6. What intrigues the group of boys about the spider and how is it ruined for them?
7. What happens at the pool that causes Red to move away from Henry without a word of goodbye?
8. What does Henry say to his father that is insightful when his father tells him they are traveling the wrong direction and he says that he will leave him behind?
9. How does Henry begin to be included with the neighborhood boys?
10. What does Henry's new teacher do with Henry's essay about the personal appearance of President Hoover?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)