|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the boys doing under the grandstand?
(b) Looking up a woman's skirt
2. What does Henry tell the principal?
(a) Leave me alone
(b) I hate you
(c) I'll get you
(d) I'll kill you
3. Where does Big Henry say he will move after he sues the driver that hit Henry?
(a) South America
(d) South Seas
4. How did Henry's mother catch his father with Edna?
(a) Hid in the trunk of the car
(b) Watched him sneak into her house when she was running errands
(c) Saw them in his delivery truck
(d) Saw them through a window
5. What did Henry's family often do on Sunday's when his grandmother didn't visit?
(a) Play music together
(b) Go for a ride and picnic
(c) Stay at home and do chores
(d) Go for a long walk together
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry become obsessed with in Kindergarten?
2. What does Edna do when Big Henry refuses to choose?
3. Why do the other players say that Henry should play on the baseball team that plays teams from other schools?
4. Why does Henry say he dislikes the music David plays?
5. What punishment does Henry get from his father when he brings home the note from the principal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Henry's father drives to an orange grove to pick oranges?
2. What is Henry curious about in regards to Red and how does he satisfy it?
3. Describe the relationship between Lila Jean and Henry and the things they do together.
4. How does Henry feel after the beating from his father and what actions does he take?
5. Describe, in detail, an example of Big Henry's tendency to create scenes in public.
6. Though Big Henry and Katherine have been married for a number of years, what new information did Katherine learn about her husband?
7. What happens when Henry asks to be excused from dinner because he is in too much pain to eat?
8. What does Henry talk about in relation to the boys at his grammar school?
9. After Henry learns about sex from one of his friends, what does he say repulses him about the idea of sex?
10. What intrigues the group of boys about the spider and how is it ruined for them?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)