|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Henry open the sealed note from the principal?
(a) Lost the note
(b) Forgot about the note
(c) No desire
(d) Afraid of being beaten
2. Where does Frank's father's give the boys money to visit?
(c) Air plane graveyard
(d) Air show
3. Where do Henry and Red go together occasionally?
(b) Neighbor's house
(c) Baseball field
4. Why does the principal send a note home to Henry's parents?
(a) Because he witnessed David being beaten
(b) Because he never uses the bathroom in school
(c) Because Henry wants to play on the regular baseball team
(d) Because he gets into a fight with Billy Sherril
5. How did Henry feel about his grammar school teacher?
(a) Loved her
(b) Was intrigued by her
(c) Respected her
(d) Hated her
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the doctor say that Big Henry should not blame Henry for the car accident?
2. What do Frank and Henry continue to exchange after Frank moves away?
3. Which school does Henry attend?
4. How does Henry's father describe his brothers?
5. What direction does Henry tell his father that they are traveling when asked?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henry's new teacher do with Henry's essay about the personal appearance of President Hoover?
2. What does Henry's father overreact to after Henry completes the assigned lawn chores and what punishment does he give to Henry?
3. What is a common theme among many of the children and adults by this point in the novel?
4. What does Henry talk about in relation to the boys at his grammar school?
5. What happens at the pool that causes Red to move away from Henry without a word of goodbye?
6. What does Henry say to his father that is insightful when his father tells him they are traveling the wrong direction and he says that he will leave him behind?
7. What happens when Henry's father drives to an orange grove to pick oranges?
8. Describe the relationship between Lila Jean and Henry and the things they do together.
9. How can the reader infer that Aunt Anna and her family need money to buy food?
10. How does Henry feel after the beating from his father and what actions does he take?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)