|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry's mother's reaction to the note from the principal?
(a) He embarrassed her personally
(b) He needs to be punished
(c) To find out what is bothering him
(d) He disgraced the family
2. Why does Henry say he dislikes the music David plays?
(a) It is too slow
(b) It is sad
(c) He cannot play himself
(d) He hates all music
3. Why do the other players say that Henry should play on the baseball team that plays teams from other schools?
(a) Because the others want Henry away from the school
(b) Because Henry makes a great catch
(c) Because he hits a home run
(d) Because Henry beats up a lot of students
4. When is Henry first exposed to other children?
(a) As a toddler playing with the neighbor children
(d) When his mother starts babysitting
5. Who tells Henry to stop playing the piano?
(a) Henry's grandmother
(b) Henry's grandfather
(c) Henry's mother
(d) Henry's father
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Big Henry is confronted by his wife and Edna in his own house?
2. What does Henry remember doing when he visited his grandmother?
3. Why didn't Henry open the sealed note from the principal?
4. Why doesn't Henry play with the boys in the neighborhood?
5. What does Henry do which makes Chuck, Eddie, Frank and Gene upset with him for a few weeks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Henry's father drives to an orange grove to pick oranges?
2. What does Henry talk about in relation to the boys at his grammar school?
3. What does Henry's father overreact to after Henry completes the assigned lawn chores and what punishment does he give to Henry?
4. What do Henry and Stanley agree upon that happens at school?
5. What does Henry say to his father that is insightful when his father tells him they are traveling the wrong direction and he says that he will leave him behind?
6. What happens at the pool that causes Red to move away from Henry without a word of goodbye?
7. Why did Henry become obsessed with bathroom practices in kindergarten?
8. How can the reader infer that Aunt Anna and her family need money to buy food?
9. What does Big Henry say he will do once the doctor tells him that the driver who hit Henry was drunk?
10. What happens between Mr. Knox and Henry when Henry is sent to the principal's office for fighting?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)