|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Big Henry say he will move after he sues the driver that hit Henry?
(a) South America
(b) South Seas
2. What would Henry's father use to show him magic tricks?
(d) Poker chips
3. Why does Henry dislike David?
(a) David makes fun of Henry's father
(b) David hits Henry often
(c) Solely on appearance
(d) Because he dislikes all other students
4. With whom does Henry spend most of his free time?
(c) Lila Jane
5. Which of the characters stands up for Henry when a boy tries to beat him up and causes the boy to run away crying?
(c) Lila Jane
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry's father do when he arrives at the hospital?
2. How did Henry's mother catch his father with Edna?
3. In what year did Henry's memory take place?
4. What do Frank and Henry sell to the Jewish ladies who sit on the benches at the beach?
5. How did the baseball game with Miranda Bell end?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Henry and Stanley agree upon that happens at school?
2. Describe the relationship between Lila Jean and Henry and the things they do together.
3. What does Henry witness when he walks David home and then waits for him outside?
4. What events transpired which led Henry to be sent to the principal's office?
5. After Henry learns about sex from one of his friends, what does he say repulses him about the idea of sex?
6. What does Henry's new teacher do with Henry's essay about the personal appearance of President Hoover?
7. How does Henry begin to be included with the neighborhood boys?
8. How does Henry feel after the beating from his father and what actions does he take?
9. What does Henry say to his father that is insightful when his father tells him they are traveling the wrong direction and he says that he will leave him behind?
10. What happens when Henry asks to be excused from dinner because he is in too much pain to eat?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)