|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Henry spend most of his free time?
(c) Lila Jane
2. What does Red use to help win fights with bigger boys?
(a) A baseball bat
(b) His fake arm
(c) The football
(d) His teeth
3. Where does Henry begin going with Frank?
(a) Baseball practice
4. Why doesn't Henry go with the class to see the personal appearance by President Hoover?
(a) He has to work on the lawn
(b) His father would not approve
(c) He doesn't care about the president
(d) He thinks he won't have to write the essay if he doesn't go
5. Which school does Henry attend?
(d) L. B Jane
Short Answer Questions
1. What direction does Henry tell his father that they are traveling when asked?
2. How did Henry feel about his grammar school teacher?
3. What sport do Red and Henry play together?
4. What would Henry lose when he got through the afternoon fights with the other boys at school?
5. What do Frank and Henry continue to exchange after Frank moves away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe, in detail, an example of Big Henry's tendency to create scenes in public.
2. What does Henry talk about in relation to the boys at his grammar school?
3. What intrigues the group of boys about the spider and how is it ruined for them?
4. How does Henry feel after the beating from his father and what actions does he take?
5. How can the reader infer that Aunt Anna and her family need money to buy food?
6. Describe the relationship between Lila Jean and Henry and the things they do together.
7. What do Henry and Stanley agree upon that happens at school?
8. When Frank moves away with his mother what does he send back to Henry that they continue to exchange for awhile?
9. After Henry learns about sex from one of his friends, what does he say repulses him about the idea of sex?
10. What events transpired which led Henry to be sent to the principal's office?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)