|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the other players say that Henry should play on the baseball team that plays teams from other schools?
(a) Because Henry makes a great catch
(b) Because the others want Henry away from the school
(c) Because Henry beats up a lot of students
(d) Because he hits a home run
2. What does Henry's mother give to Anna and her family?
(b) Peanut butter
3. Where do Frank and Henry often hitchhike?
(a) Movie set
4. Where is Big Henry's brother?
5. Which school does Henry attend?
(d) L. B Jane
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Henry's memory take place?
2. What chore does Henry's father give him to keep him out of one of the Saturday football games?
3. Why does the doctor say that Big Henry should not blame Henry for the car accident?
4. How does Henry says boys from his school take their beatings?
5. Where does Frank's father's give the boys money to visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Frank moves away with his mother what does he send back to Henry that they continue to exchange for awhile?
2. What does Big Henry say he will do once the doctor tells him that the driver who hit Henry was drunk?
3. What is Henry curious about in regards to Red and how does he satisfy it?
4. What is a common theme among many of the children and adults by this point in the novel?
5. What do Henry and Stanley agree upon that happens at school?
6. Why does Henry believe that he was hired for the job at Mears-Starbuck over the job at the airplane factory?
7. Why does Henry reveal that he believes that Abe ruined his graduation day for him?
8. How does Henry describe the class of large boys who are in his classes at the Jr. High School?
9. Why does Henry believe that Lilly is an evil woman who will send them all to hell?
10. Describe the scene where Henry's grandmother brings over her crucifix to help to treat his boils and acne.
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)