|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens within the baseball game with Miranda Bell after several innings with no score?
(a) The Miranda Bell team forfeits
(b) Henry's team attacked the Miranda Bell team
(c) The Miranda Bell team hits a grand slam homerun
(d) Someone Henry's team hits a homerun
2. When is Henry first exposed to other children?
(a) As a toddler playing with the neighbor children
(c) When his mother starts babysitting
3. What sport does Henry imagine that he is great at playing?
4. What would Henry lose when he got through the afternoon fights with the other boys at school?
(a) The frustration from living with his father
(b) His teeth
(c) His homework
(d) The need to relieve himself
5. What does Henry say gives him the courage to fight harder when the bigger boys try to take the football away from him and Red?
(a) Henry's father watching
(b) Red's courage facing bigger kids
(c) Desire to get the football back
(d) Their howls of pain
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry tell the principal?
2. Why didn't Henry open the sealed note from the principal?
3. Who tells Henry to stop playing the piano?
4. In what year did Henry's memory take place?
5. What direction does Henry tell his father that they are traveling when asked?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why won't Big Henry's dream of moving to the South Seas and never working again be realized?
2. Describe, in detail, an example of Big Henry's tendency to create scenes in public.
3. How does Henry begin to be included with the neighborhood boys?
4. Why do Henry and Frank make a break and run away from the man who picked them up and drove them to the air show?
5. What does Henry's grandfather give him that is important to him?
6. Describe the relationship between Lila Jean and Henry and the things they do together.
7. How can the reader infer that Aunt Anna and her family need money to buy food?
8. What sins does Henry make up when he can't think of anything he's done wrong during confession?
9. Though Big Henry and Katherine have been married for a number of years, what new information did Katherine learn about her husband?
10. What happens between Mr. Knox and Henry when Henry is sent to the principal's office for fighting?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)