|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the boys doing under the grandstand?
(a) Looking up a woman's skirt
2. What does Henry's father do for a living?
(a) Nothing, he is unemployed
(b) Runs a dairy farm
(c) Has a milk route
(d) Delivers newspapers
3. Why didn't Henry open the sealed note from the principal?
(a) Forgot about the note
(b) Lost the note
(c) Afraid of being beaten
(d) No desire
4. What does Henry say gives him the courage to fight harder when the bigger boys try to take the football away from him and Red?
(a) Desire to get the football back
(b) Henry's father watching
(c) Their howls of pain
(d) Red's courage facing bigger kids
5. With which of the following characters is Big Henry having an affair?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the term vicious mean as it is used in the following sentence: Henry knows the players will be sending vicious kicks his way.
2. How does Henry says boys from his school take their beatings?
3. Where did Henry's grandmother live?
4. What did Henry find odd about his grammar school teacher?
5. Of what is Henry's first memory?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henry talk about in relation to the boys at his grammar school?
2. What does Henry's grandfather give him that is important to him?
3. What intrigues the group of boys about the spider and how is it ruined for them?
4. What does Henry's new teacher do with Henry's essay about the personal appearance of President Hoover?
5. Why did Henry become obsessed with bathroom practices in kindergarten?
6. What does Big Henry say he will do once the doctor tells him that the driver who hit Henry was drunk?
7. What does Henry witness when he walks David home and then waits for him outside?
8. What happens between Mr. Knox and Henry when Henry is sent to the principal's office for fighting?
9. What is Henry curious about in regards to Red and how does he satisfy it?
10. Why wouldn't Big Henry allow Henry's mother to give Aunt Anna money when they obviously needed some to buy food?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)