|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Big Henry's brother?
2. What does Henry's mother give to Anna and her family?
(d) Peanut butter
3. When is Henry first exposed to other children?
(a) As a toddler playing with the neighbor children
(b) When his mother starts babysitting
4. How did Henry's mother catch his father with Edna?
(a) Hid in the trunk of the car
(b) Saw them through a window
(c) Watched him sneak into her house when she was running errands
(d) Saw them in his delivery truck
5. What does Mr. Knox ask Henry?
(a) If he is tough
(b) If he is mean
(c) If he likes girls
(d) If his parents beat him
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Frank and Henry see that they say won't be able to go to Heaven?
2. Why do the other players say that Henry should play on the baseball team that plays teams from other schools?
3. What was the man who gave them a ride arrested for?
4. Why didn't Henry open the sealed note from the principal?
5. Where do Frank and Henry often hitchhike?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Mr. Knox and Henry when Henry is sent to the principal's office for fighting?
2. What do Henry and Stanley agree upon that happens at school?
3. What happens at the pool that causes Red to move away from Henry without a word of goodbye?
4. What does Henry's father overreact to after Henry completes the assigned lawn chores and what punishment does he give to Henry?
5. What is Henry curious about in regards to Red and how does he satisfy it?
6. Why won't Big Henry's dream of moving to the South Seas and never working again be realized?
7. Describe the relationship between Lila Jean and Henry and the things they do together.
8. What does Henry's grandfather give him that is important to him?
9. Why wouldn't Big Henry allow Henry's mother to give Aunt Anna money when they obviously needed some to buy food?
10. How does Henry begin to be included with the neighborhood boys?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)