|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Henry's mother catch his father with Edna?
(a) Saw them through a window
(b) Hid in the trunk of the car
(c) Watched him sneak into her house when she was running errands
(d) Saw them in his delivery truck
2. What is Henry hit in the back of the head with that causes him to start a fight?
(c) Baseball bat
3. Where does Henry kiss Lila Jane and grab her behind?
(a) Lila Jane's house
(c) Henry's parents' bedroom
(d) Vacant lot
4. Why did Henry's family come to America?
(a) It is not explained.
(b) To avoid prison for his father.
(c) To escape debts in Germany.
(d) To live near his relatives who had already moved to America.
5. What grade is Henry in when David moves away?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry do when he hears his father beating his mother after the confrontation?
2. What was the man who gave them a ride arrested for?
3. What do Frank and Henry sell to the Jewish ladies who sit on the benches at the beach?
4. Why do the other players say that Henry should play on the baseball team that plays teams from other schools?
5. What does Red use to help win fights with bigger boys?
Short Essay Questions
1. What intrigues the group of boys about the spider and how is it ruined for them?
2. What does Henry witness when he walks David home and then waits for him outside?
3. Describe, in detail, an example of Big Henry's tendency to create scenes in public.
4. When Henry asked his question and chose a small scroll from the box what did it say?
5. When Frank moves away with his mother what does he send back to Henry that they continue to exchange for awhile?
6. Why does Henry believe he doesn't fit in to his new school called Chelsey High?
7. What happens between Mr. Knox and Henry when Henry is sent to the principal's office for fighting?
8. What insights does Henry have about Baldy while he continues to walk him home each day?
9. What does Henry's grandfather give him that is important to him?
10. What happens at the pool that causes Red to move away from Henry without a word of goodbye?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)