|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Henry in confession?
(a) He can't think of anything so he makes sins up
(b) He eavesdrops on Frank's confession
(c) He refuses to say anything
(d) He is banned from the church
2. What chore does Henry's father give him to keep him out of one of the Saturday football games?
(a) Cleaning the house
(b) Delivering milk
(c) Lawn work
(d) Doing extra homework
3. Where does Big Henry say he will move after he sues the driver that hit Henry?
(a) South Seas
(b) South America
4. What sport does Henry imagine that he is great at playing?
5. Why doesn't Henry play with the boys in the neighborhood?
(a) He doesn't like them
(b) He is afraid of being beaten up
(c) He is forbidden
(d) He spends too much time with them at school
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry become obsessed with in Kindergarten?
2. When is Henry first exposed to other children?
3. What is Henry hit in the back of the head with that causes him to start a fight?
4. What occupation does Henry tell his new teacher that his father has?
5. What position does Henry play in the kickball games in physical education class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the pool that causes Red to move away from Henry without a word of goodbye?
2. What is Henry curious about in regards to Red and how does he satisfy it?
3. After Henry learns about sex from one of his friends, what does he say repulses him about the idea of sex?
4. What happens when Henry asks to be excused from dinner because he is in too much pain to eat?
5. What sins does Henry make up when he can't think of anything he's done wrong during confession?
6. Though Big Henry and Katherine have been married for a number of years, what new information did Katherine learn about her husband?
7. How does Henry begin to be included with the neighborhood boys?
8. Describe, in detail, an example of Big Henry's tendency to create scenes in public.
9. What intrigues the group of boys about the spider and how is it ruined for them?
10. How does Henry feel after the beating from his father and what actions does he take?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)