|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry's father describe his brothers?
(b) Do gooders
(d) Religious zealots
2. Where did Henry's grandmother live?
(b) Los Angelos
(d) San Francisco
3. What sport does Henry imagine that he is great at playing?
4. Where does Henry begin going with Frank?
(b) Baseball practice
5. How did the baseball game with Miranda Bell end?
(a) Miranda Bell team winning
(b) A tie game
(c) In a fight
(d) Henry's team loses
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry say he dislikes the music David plays?
2. What direction does Henry tell his father that they are traveling when asked?
3. What is Henry's mother's reaction to the note from the principal?
4. What chore does Henry's father give him to keep him out of one of the Saturday football games?
5. What did Henry's grandfather give to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henry say to his father that is insightful when his father tells him they are traveling the wrong direction and he says that he will leave him behind?
2. Why did Henry become obsessed with bathroom practices in kindergarten?
3. What do Henry and Stanley agree upon that happens at school?
4. When Frank moves away with his mother what does he send back to Henry that they continue to exchange for awhile?
5. What happens between Mr. Knox and Henry when Henry is sent to the principal's office for fighting?
6. After Henry learns about sex from one of his friends, what does he say repulses him about the idea of sex?
7. What happens when Henry's father drives to an orange grove to pick oranges?
8. What does Henry talk about in relation to the boys at his grammar school?
9. What is a common theme among many of the children and adults by this point in the novel?
10. How does Henry feel after the beating from his father and what actions does he take?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)