|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry say gives him the courage to fight harder when the bigger boys try to take the football away from him and Red?
(a) Henry's father watching
(b) Their howls of pain
(c) Red's courage facing bigger kids
(d) Desire to get the football back
2. What are the boys doing under the grandstand?
(c) Looking up a woman's skirt
3. Where did Henry's grandmother live?
(a) San Francisco
(c) Los Angelos
4. Where does Henry kiss Lila Jane and grab her behind?
(b) Vacant lot
(c) Henry's parents' bedroom
(d) Lila Jane's house
5. What did Henry's grandfather give to him?
(a) Wrist watch
(d) Gummy badge
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry begin going with Frank?
2. What chore does Henry's father give him to keep him out of one of the Saturday football games?
3. Why does David's mother berate him when he arrives home from school when Henry walks him home?
4. Which of the following characters is called Red and has a fake arm?
5. What did Henry's family often do on Sunday's when his grandmother didn't visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Henry's mother is afraid that Abe's mother will call a lawyer after Abe's arm is broken playing baseball with Henry. How does this situation resolve itself?
2. What does Henry think is childish about the ROTC mock battles?
3. Why do Henry and Baldy continue to go back to the same window over and over again?
4. What happens when Henry asks to be excused from dinner because he is in too much pain to eat?
5. Why do you believe that Henry's parents want him to be more like Abe and less like himself?
6. Why does Henry indicate that even though he is going to get in trouble for ruining his shirt for fighting with Gibson, it is still a good day?
7. Why does Henry believe that he was hired for the job at Mears-Starbuck over the job at the airplane factory?
8. What does Henry talk about in relation to the boys at his grammar school?
9. What events transpired which led Henry to be sent to the principal's office?
10. In regards to respect, how do Henry and Wagoner view things?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)