|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry begin going with Frank?
(b) Baseball practice
2. What do Frank and Henry see that they say won't be able to go to Heaven?
(b) Stray dog
(c) A bum
(d) Henry's father
3. What did people always say that Henry was doing?
4. What does Henry say that his father does wherever they are?
(a) Eat too much food
(b) Create scenes
(c) Get drunk
(d) Talk too much
5. How did Henry's mother catch his father with Edna?
(a) Watched him sneak into her house when she was running errands
(b) Saw them in his delivery truck
(c) Saw them through a window
(d) Hid in the trunk of the car
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does Henry use to describe sperm?
2. What do Frank and Henry continue to exchange after Frank moves away?
3. What does Henry remember doing when he visited his grandmother?
4. Why does Henry ask his teacher when she keeps him after class the day after he learns what sex is?
5. What chore does Henry's father give him to keep him out of one of the Saturday football games?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Henry and Stanley agree upon that happens at school?
2. How can the reader infer that Aunt Anna and her family need money to buy food?
3. What happens between Mr. Knox and Henry when Henry is sent to the principal's office for fighting?
4. Why won't Big Henry's dream of moving to the South Seas and never working again be realized?
5. What does Henry talk about in relation to the boys at his grammar school?
6. Why wouldn't Big Henry allow Henry's mother to give Aunt Anna money when they obviously needed some to buy food?
7. When Frank moves away with his mother what does he send back to Henry that they continue to exchange for awhile?
8. What happens at the pool that causes Red to move away from Henry without a word of goodbye?
9. Describe the relationship between Lila Jean and Henry and the things they do together.
10. What happens when Henry's father drives to an orange grove to pick oranges?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)