|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David's mother berate him when he arrives home from school when Henry walks him home?
(a) He has a bloody nose
(b) His shirt is torn
(c) He brought a friend home from school
(d) He stole potato chips from her
2. What does Henry say that his father does wherever they are?
(a) Get drunk
(b) Eat too much food
(c) Talk too much
(d) Create scenes
3. What happens to Henry in confession?
(a) He is banned from the church
(b) He eavesdrops on Frank's confession
(c) He can't think of anything so he makes sins up
(d) He refuses to say anything
4. Where does Frank's father's give the boys money to visit?
(c) Air plane graveyard
(d) Air show
5. What does Henry do which makes Chuck, Eddie, Frank and Gene upset with him for a few weeks?
(a) Refuses to go to church
(b) Kicks the spider web
(c) Steals their football
(d) Kicked the dog
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry dislike David?
2. What was the man who gave them a ride arrested for?
3. What position does Henry play in the kickball games in physical education class?
4. What is Henry's mother's reaction to the note from the principal?
5. Why does the principal send a note home to Henry's parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henry's new teacher do with Henry's essay about the personal appearance of President Hoover?
2. What happens at the pool that causes Red to move away from Henry without a word of goodbye?
3. What events transpired which led Henry to be sent to the principal's office?
4. How does Henry feel after the beating from his father and what actions does he take?
5. What happens when Henry asks to be excused from dinner because he is in too much pain to eat?
6. What sins does Henry make up when he can't think of anything he's done wrong during confession?
7. What do Henry and Stanley agree upon that happens at school?
8. Describe the relationship between Lila Jean and Henry and the things they do together.
9. Why wouldn't Big Henry allow Henry's mother to give Aunt Anna money when they obviously needed some to buy food?
10. What happens between Mr. Knox and Henry when Henry is sent to the principal's office for fighting?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)