|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which of the following characters is Big Henry having an affair?
2. What causes fist fights in the vacant lots among some of Henry's friends?
(b) Basketball games
(c) Free food
(d) Weeds that some say are edible
3. What does Henry tell the principal?
(a) I'll get you
(b) I hate you
(c) I'll kill you
(d) Leave me alone
4. Who tells Henry to stop playing the piano?
(a) Henry's father
(b) Henry's mother
(c) Henry's grandfather
(d) Henry's grandmother
5. When does Big Henry begin making his rounds to collect money?
(b) After his rounds
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry hit in the back of the head with that causes him to start a fight?
2. What does Henry say gives him the courage to fight harder when the bigger boys try to take the football away from him and Red?
3. Why doesn't Henry go with the class to see the personal appearance by President Hoover?
4. Where do Henry and Red go together occasionally?
5. With whom does Henry spend most of his free time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Henry curious about in regards to Red and how does he satisfy it?
2. How does Henry feel after the beating from his father and what actions does he take?
3. After Henry learns about sex from one of his friends, what does he say repulses him about the idea of sex?
4. Why did Henry become obsessed with bathroom practices in kindergarten?
5. How can the reader infer that Aunt Anna and her family need money to buy food?
6. What does Henry say to his father that is insightful when his father tells him they are traveling the wrong direction and he says that he will leave him behind?
7. What do Henry and Stanley agree upon that happens at school?
8. When Frank moves away with his mother what does he send back to Henry that they continue to exchange for awhile?
9. What does Big Henry say he will do once the doctor tells him that the driver who hit Henry was drunk?
10. What events transpired which led Henry to be sent to the principal's office?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)