Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is cross-eyed?
(c) Lila Jane
2. How does Henry's father describe his brothers?
(c) Religious zealots
(d) Do gooders
3. Where is Big Henry's brother?
4. Which of the following homophones did Henry's father use in a joke?
(a) Carrot and caret
(b) Flower and flour
(c) Bear and bare
(d) Pee and pea
5. What does Henry do which makes Chuck, Eddie, Frank and Gene upset with him for a few weeks?
(a) Refuses to go to church
(b) Steals their football
(c) Kicks the spider web
(d) Kicked the dog
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry dislike David?
2. How did Henry feel about his grammar school teacher?
3. What were Katherine and Betsy making when Henry and his family visited?
4. Where did Henry's grandmother live?
5. Why does Henry ask his teacher when she keeps him after class the day after he learns what sex is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why won't Big Henry's dream of moving to the South Seas and never working again be realized?
2. What events transpired which led Henry to be sent to the principal's office?
3. What happens at the pool that causes Red to move away from Henry without a word of goodbye?
4. Describe the interaction Henry has with Clare, Jimmy's mother, after Jimmy passes out from drinking too much.
5. Describe how Jimmy and Henry 'discussed' their thoughts about friendship in English class.
6. What is Henry curious about in regards to Red and how does he satisfy it?
7. Describe the relationship between Lila Jean and Henry and the things they do together.
8. What happens when Henry's father drives to an orange grove to pick oranges?
9. Why does Henry say that he likes to be singled out as the bad guy?
10. What does Henry's grandfather give him that is important to him?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)