|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Henry feel about his grammar school teacher?
(a) Was intrigued by her
(b) Hated her
(c) Respected her
(d) Loved her
2. What does Henry's father do for a living?
(a) Runs a dairy farm
(b) Delivers newspapers
(c) Nothing, he is unemployed
(d) Has a milk route
3. What were Katherine and Betsy making when Henry and his family visited?
(a) Peanut butter sandwiches
(b) Chicken sandwiches
4. Why do the other players say that Henry should play on the baseball team that plays teams from other schools?
(a) Because Henry makes a great catch
(b) Because the others want Henry away from the school
(c) Because he hits a home run
(d) Because Henry beats up a lot of students
5. What does Henry's mother give to Anna and her family?
(d) Peanut butter
Short Answer Questions
1. Which school does Henry attend?
2. Why doesn't Henry go with the class to see the personal appearance by President Hoover?
3. Where did Henry's grandmother live?
4. What does the term vicious mean as it is used in the following sentence: Henry knows the players will be sending vicious kicks his way.
5. Why does Henry say he dislikes the music David plays?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Lila Jean and Henry and the things they do together.
2. What happens when Henry asks to be excused from dinner because he is in too much pain to eat?
3. What happens at the pool that causes Red to move away from Henry without a word of goodbye?
4. Why wouldn't Big Henry allow Henry's mother to give Aunt Anna money when they obviously needed some to buy food?
5. How does Henry feel after the beating from his father and what actions does he take?
6. What sins does Henry make up when he can't think of anything he's done wrong during confession?
7. What is odd about the first afternoon that David and Henry walk home from school together?
8. When Frank moves away with his mother what does he send back to Henry that they continue to exchange for awhile?
9. How does Henry begin to be included with the neighborhood boys?
10. What does Henry say to his father that is insightful when his father tells him they are traveling the wrong direction and he says that he will leave him behind?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)