|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry go everyday once he returns to school?
(d) English class
2. Which of the following is not true about Harry?
(a) Wears neat clothes
(b) Is a very accomplished fighter
(c) Has the admiration of the girls
(d) Rumored to be a genius
3. Which of the following things isn't Lilly allowed to do during biology class?
(a) Talk with her classmates
(d) Use textbook on exams
4. Henry says that his seventh grade football team used games against the eight and ninth graders as an opportunity for ___________.
(a) Learning new skills
(b) Skipping classes
(c) Chance to meet girls
5. In what type of competition does Henry make the finals?
6. Why does Henry take his father's binoculars?
(a) To use them in school to get better grades
(b) To spy on his father and mother
(c) To look up his neighbor's dress
(d) To make his father mad
7. How do the boys in shop class learn to rebuild engines?
(a) Watching movies
(b) By watching the teacher do it
(c) They don't ever learn
(d) Doing it themselves
8. Who does Pete say took Lilly Fischman's virginity?
(c) Her father
9. Why can't Henry read the books he borrows from the library late at night?
(a) His father refuses to allow Henry to borrow books
(b) He is not allowed to read in the house
(c) Lights out at eight o'clock
(d) He must do chorse at night or risk getting beaten
10. What does Pete ask Henry to do so he can be with Lilly?
(a) Walk Lilly home so that she is safe
(b) Beat up Wagoner for him
(c) Stand watch while they do it in an old car behind the shop
(d) Bring Baldy to protect Pete from Lilly's dad
11. What does his last follow-up doctor tell Henry to drink to help with the acne and boils?
(a) Cranberry juice
(b) Carrot juice
(c) Vegetable juice
(d) Blueberry juice
12. After he loses the fight, what does the coach tell the boys to do?
(a) Put out their cigarettes
(b) Never return to gym class
(c) Stop ganging up on him
(d) To get off campus
13. Why does Abe make all A grades?
(a) He will do anything to get a better life and job
(b) His father beats him if he gets less than an A
(c) His mother makes him study all the time
(d) He is naturally smart and easily gets As
14. What new job does Henry's father get?
(a) ROTC instructor
(b) Delivery man
(c) None, just the imaginary job
(d) Security guard
15. What is physically wrong with Henry as he starts high school?
(a) Lost his fingers
(b) Covered in boils and acne
(c) Broken legs
(d) Has no finger nails
Short Answer Questions
1. How many phone numbers did Jimmy get from girlus at the beach?
2. What opinion does Henry have about most of the maneuvers in ROTC?
3. What happens to Henry when his father insists he keeps the salve on much longer than is recommended?
4. What does Henry's grandmother bring to help with the boils and acne?
5. What happens to end the baseball game that Henry talks Abe into playing with them?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)