|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Pete and Lilly after Wagoner finds them in the car?
(a) They beat up Henry and Baldy for not keeping better watch
(b) They get 100000 demerits
(c) They get married
(d) They never return to school
2. Who brings two sets of boxing gloves for a match?
3. What happens during the mock war exercises?
(a) Both sides claim to win
(b) Henry's team always loses
(c) One member always quits or dies
(d) Blood is always shed
4. Why is Henry asked not to return next semester to ROTC?
(a) He beats up the ROTC instructor
(b) Placing the rifle on his shoulder breaks boils and causes blood to leak through his shirt
(c) He uses his rifle to take shots at birds on the campus causing many students to be frightened
(d) He has sex with one of the other students during the time he is supposed to be in ROTC
5. Why does Henry take his father's binoculars?
(a) To make his father mad
(b) To use them in school to get better grades
(c) To look up his neighbor's dress
(d) To spy on his father and mother
6. What do the doctor's say that Henry has?
(a) Vulagis acne and boils
(b) Boil Vulgaris
(c) Acne vulgaris
(d) Simple Acne and boils
7. Which of the following things isn't Lilly allowed to do during biology class?
(a) Talk with her classmates
(c) Use textbook on exams
8. Why does Henry get in trouble on his first trip when he arrives to do the restocking?
(a) Elevator operator makes him wait while he goes to the bathroom
(b) He shows up late because he has to work
(c) He stopped to feed a starving dog
(d) He stopped to get into a fight on his way through the store
9. What does Big Henry become obsessed with and talk incessantly about?
(a) Henry's acne
(b) The war
(c) The ROTC
(d) His job
10. In which class do all of the boys have a crush on the teacher?
(a) Social Studies
11. How many demerits do Baldy and Henry get when Wagoner sees them keeping watch for Lilly and Pete?
12. Which of the following students commits suicide?
(a) Harry Walden
(b) Arnie Whitechapel
(c) Lilly Fischman
(d) Richard Waite
13. What happened to Jimmy's father?
(a) Committed suicide
(b) Went into the military
(c) Moved to another state to practice medicine
(d) Left to be with another woman
14. What new job does Henry's father get?
(a) ROTC instructor
(b) None, just the imaginary job
(c) Delivery man
(d) Security guard
15. Why can't Henry read the books he borrows from the library late at night?
(a) He must do chorse at night or risk getting beaten
(b) He is not allowed to read in the house
(c) Lights out at eight o'clock
(d) His father refuses to allow Henry to borrow books
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Henry go to the doctor anymore?
2. How do Jimmy and Henry get to the beach?
3. What topic does Eddie introduce Henry to in Jr. High School?
4. Why did Baldy's father lose his license to be a surgeon?
5. Which of the following descriptions does Henry make about the boys at his Jr. High School?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)