|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry's grandmother bring to help with the boils and acne?
(a) New cream
(d) Ultra violet light
2. Why can't Henry read the books he borrows from the library late at night?
(a) His father refuses to allow Henry to borrow books
(b) He is not allowed to read in the house
(c) He must do chorse at night or risk getting beaten
(d) Lights out at eight o'clock
3. What did the man who dated Jimmy's mother pay her to do according to Jimmy?
(a) Let him move into their house
(b) Pee in his mouth
(c) Have sex with him
(d) Beat him with a whip
4. What does Henry see ahead for him in his life?
5. Who gives Henry the finger on graduation day?
6. Why does Henry put out a lot of job applications?
(a) He is forced to by Big Henry
(b) He needs money
(c) He wants to find a job with his friends
(d) He doesn't want to live at home
7. What does his last follow-up doctor tell Henry to drink to help with the acne and boils?
(a) Blueberry juice
(b) Carrot juice
(c) Cranberry juice
(d) Vegetable juice
8. What topic does Eddie introduce Henry to in Jr. High School?
(a) Birth Control
(b) Alcohol consumption
(d) White supremacy
9. Why does Henry say that he was selected for the job at Mears-Starbuck?
(a) He's old
(b) He's pathetic
(c) He seems to be willing to stay with the job
(d) Someone that had the job before him died
10. Who does Pete say took Lilly Fischman's virginity?
(d) Her father
11. What new job does Henry's father get?
(a) ROTC instructor
(b) Security guard
(c) Delivery man
(d) None, just the imaginary job
12. What does a typical day in Henry's imagination of his 'good life' look like?
(a) Work, eat, sleep
(b) Work, come home, have sex, go to sleep
(c) Lay around all day, sleep
(d) Work, come home alone, drink himself to sleep
13. What does Henry join at his new high school?
(b) Pre medication club
(c) Auto club
14. What does Henry do to Jimmy's mother after Jimmy goes to sleep?
(a) Asks her to let him move in
(b) Punch her
(c) Proposition her
(d) Sends her out to get him more beer
15. Which of the following descriptions does Henry make about the boys at his Jr. High School?
(a) Wild dogs of Africa
(b) Horses left out to pasture
(c) Tigers with mange
(d) Turtles sunning themselves on the sand
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry do with his winning medal?
2. Henry says that his seventh grade football team used games against the eight and ninth graders as an opportunity for ___________.
3. What happens during the mock war exercises?
4. What opinion does Henry have about most of the maneuvers in ROTC?
5. How many demerits do Baldy and Henry get when Wagoner sees them keeping watch for Lilly and Pete?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)