|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Abe's mother decide not to sue Henry's family?
(a) Henry begs her not to
(b) Abe says it was his fault
(c) Henry's mother convinces her not to
(d) Henry's father beats her up
2. What does Big Henry want Henry to be?
(a) Security guard
3. Which of the following students regularly masturbates during English class?
(a) Harry Walden
(b) Richard Waite
(c) Arnie Whitechapel
(d) Lilly Fischman
4. Why did Baldy's father lose his license to be a surgeon?
(a) He killed one of his patients
(b) No one can afford to pay, so he used violence to collect fees
(c) He is a drunk
(d) He can no longer see due to an accident
5. How many demerits do Baldy and Henry get when Wagoner sees them keeping watch for Lilly and Pete?
6. Where does Henry go everyday once he returns to school?
(a) English class
7. How do the boys in shop class learn to rebuild engines?
(a) Watching movies
(b) They don't ever learn
(c) By watching the teacher do it
(d) Doing it themselves
8. What does one of the boys tell Henry happens to him each time he brings home an F?
(a) Beats him with a razor strap
(b) Has to sleep outside
(c) Makes him beg for a retest
(d) Pulls out a fingernail
9. What does Henry have to do to work off demerits?
(a) Get A's on his tests
(b) Pick up garbage
(c) Clean the tables in the cafeteria
(d) Mow the lawn
10. Why does Henry take his father's binoculars?
(a) To make his father mad
(b) To use them in school to get better grades
(c) To look up his neighbor's dress
(d) To spy on his father and mother
11. What happens to Pete and Lilly after Wagoner finds them in the car?
(a) They beat up Henry and Baldy for not keeping better watch
(b) They get married
(c) They never return to school
(d) They get 100000 demerits
12. Why does Henry get in trouble on his first trip when he arrives to do the restocking?
(a) Elevator operator makes him wait while he goes to the bathroom
(b) He stopped to feed a starving dog
(c) He stopped to get into a fight on his way through the store
(d) He shows up late because he has to work
13. What does Henry join at his new high school?
(a) Auto club
(d) Pre medication club
14. What does a typical day in Henry's imagination of his 'good life' look like?
(a) Work, come home, have sex, go to sleep
(b) Work, eat, sleep
(c) Lay around all day, sleep
(d) Work, come home alone, drink himself to sleep
15. Henry says that his seventh grade football team used games against the eight and ninth graders as an opportunity for ___________.
(a) Chance to meet girls
(c) Skipping classes
(d) Learning new skills
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Henry go to the doctor anymore?
2. What is in the box that Henry's grandmother gave to him?
3. What happened to Jimmy's father?
4. In what type of competition does Henry make the finals?
5. Which character introduces Henry to drinking alcohol?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)