|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pete ask Henry to do so he can be with Lilly?
(a) Walk Lilly home so that she is safe
(b) Stand watch while they do it in an old car behind the shop
(c) Beat up Wagoner for him
(d) Bring Baldy to protect Pete from Lilly's dad
2. How do Jimmy and Henry get to the beach?
(a) The bike 15 miles to the beach
(b) They hitchhike 15 miles to the beach
(c) They take the bus 15 miles to the beach
(d) They walk 15 miles to the beach
3. Who gives Henry the finger on graduation day?
4. What is physically wrong with Henry as he starts high school?
(a) Has no finger nails
(b) Lost his fingers
(c) Broken legs
(d) Covered in boils and acne
5. Which of the following characters is popular but poor?
6. Why does Henry put out a lot of job applications?
(a) He needs money
(b) He is forced to by Big Henry
(c) He wants to find a job with his friends
(d) He doesn't want to live at home
7. What topic does Eddie introduce Henry to in Jr. High School?
(a) White supremacy
(b) Alcohol consumption
(c) Birth Control
8. Why did Baldy's father lose his license to be a surgeon?
(a) He can no longer see due to an accident
(b) No one can afford to pay, so he used violence to collect fees
(c) He is a drunk
(d) He killed one of his patients
9. What does his last follow-up doctor tell Henry to drink to help with the acne and boils?
(a) Cranberry juice
(b) Blueberry juice
(c) Carrot juice
(d) Vegetable juice
10. How many phone numbers did Jimmy get from girlus at the beach?
11. Why does Henry get in trouble on his first trip when he arrives to do the restocking?
(a) He shows up late because he has to work
(b) Elevator operator makes him wait while he goes to the bathroom
(c) He stopped to get into a fight on his way through the store
(d) He stopped to feed a starving dog
12. Why doesn't Henry go to the doctor anymore?
(a) Big Henry won't let Henry go to the doctor's anymore
(b) Big Henry doesn't believe in paying doctors
(c) Henry refuses to go to the doctor again
(d) Doctors will not treat him any longer
13. In what type of competition does Henry make the finals?
14. After he loses the fight, what does the coach tell the boys to do?
(a) Stop ganging up on him
(b) To get off campus
(c) Never return to gym class
(d) Put out their cigarettes
15. Why does Henry think that he didn't get the job at the airplane factory?
(a) Born in Germany
(b) He didn't fill out the application and turned it in blank
(c) Showed up drunk to the interview
(d) Stopped to feed a starving dog on the way to the job
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not true about Harry?
2. What does Arnie Whitechapel do to convince the shop teacher to let them watch movies about rebuilding engines?
3. Who does Coach Wagoner say will be his next challenge to a fight?
4. Why does Henry say that he was selected for the job at Mears-Starbuck?
5. What does Henry's grandmother bring to help with the boils and acne?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)