|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry's father drive when the picnic basket was empty one day?
(a) Grandmother's house
(b) Grocery store
(d) Orange grove
2. What did Henry find odd about his grammar school teacher?
(a) She never went to the bathroom.
(b) She had two different colored eyes.
(c) She only spoke to the girls in the class.
(d) She couldn't speak English.
3. What did Henry's family often do on Sunday's when his grandmother didn't visit?
(a) Stay at home and do chores
(b) Play music together
(c) Go for a ride and picnic
(d) Go for a long walk together
4. What would Henry's father use to show him magic tricks?
(b) Poker chips
5. What does Henry's mother give to Anna and her family?
(b) Peanut butter
6. Where did Henry's grandmother live?
(c) Los Angelos
(d) San Francisco
7. What position does Henry play in the kickball games in physical education class?
(a) Second baseman
(c) First baseman
8. What does Red use to help win fights with bigger boys?
(a) A baseball bat
(b) His fake arm
(c) His teeth
(d) The football
9. What happens to Frank's father?
(a) Killed by a drunk driver
(b) Abandons his son and wife
(c) Commits suicide
(d) Killed by his wife
10. Which of the following characters is cross-eyed?
(a) Lila Jane
11. What do Frank and Henry continue to exchange after Frank moves away?
12. Which of the characters stands up for Henry when a boy tries to beat him up and causes the boy to run away crying?
(c) Lila Jane
13. What are the boys doing under the grandstand?
(a) Looking up a woman's skirt
14. In what year did Henry's memory take place?
15. What sport does Henry imagine that he is great at playing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry ask his teacher when she keeps him after class the day after he learns what sex is?
2. What does Henry do when he hears his father beating his mother after the confrontation?
3. Where is Katherine's brother?
4. What does Henry say gives him the courage to fight harder when the bigger boys try to take the football away from him and Red?
5. Which school does Henry attend?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)