|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry say gives him the courage to fight harder when the bigger boys try to take the football away from him and Red?
(a) Henry's father watching
(b) Desire to get the football back
(c) Red's courage facing bigger kids
(d) Their howls of pain
2. What does Mr. Knox ask Henry?
(a) If he is mean
(b) If he is tough
(c) If his parents beat him
(d) If he likes girls
3. What does Henry do which makes Chuck, Eddie, Frank and Gene upset with him for a few weeks?
(a) Steals their football
(b) Refuses to go to church
(c) Kicks the spider web
(d) Kicked the dog
4. What did Henry's grandfather give to him?
(a) Gummy badge
(b) Wrist watch
5. Which school does Henry attend?
(d) L. B Jane
6. What did people always say that Henry was doing?
7. Why didn't Henry open the sealed note from the principal?
(a) Lost the note
(b) Forgot about the note
(c) No desire
(d) Afraid of being beaten
8. What sport does Henry imagine that he is great at playing?
9. Which of the characters stands up for Henry when a boy tries to beat him up and causes the boy to run away crying?
(a) Lila Jane
10. Of what is Henry's first memory?
(a) Being in the crib
(b) Being beside his mother
(c) Being squashed
(d) Being under something
11. Which of the following characters is called Red and has a fake arm?
12. Why do the other players say that Henry should play on the baseball team that plays teams from other schools?
(a) Because the others want Henry away from the school
(b) Because Henry beats up a lot of students
(c) Because Henry makes a great catch
(d) Because he hits a home run
13. What did Henry find odd about his grammar school teacher?
(a) She never went to the bathroom.
(b) She had two different colored eyes.
(c) She only spoke to the girls in the class.
(d) She couldn't speak English.
14. What does Henry remember doing when he visited his grandmother?
(a) Playing the piano
(b) Listening to stories from her past
(c) Cooking with her
(d) Staying in the car
15. What does Henry say that his father does wherever they are?
(a) Get drunk
(b) Talk too much
(c) Create scenes
(d) Eat too much food
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry says boys from his school take their beatings?
2. What happens within the baseball game with Miranda Bell after several innings with no score?
3. What would Henry lose when he got through the afternoon fights with the other boys at school?
4. What occupation does Henry tell his new teacher that his father has?
5. Why did Henry's family come to America?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)