|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is cross-eyed?
(d) Lila Jane
2. When is Henry first exposed to other children?
(c) As a toddler playing with the neighbor children
(d) When his mother starts babysitting
3. Where is Big Henry's brother?
4. What were Katherine and Betsy making when Henry and his family visited?
(b) Chicken sandwiches
(d) Peanut butter sandwiches
5. In what year did Henry's memory take place?
6. How does Henry says boys from his school take their beatings?
(a) Without a word
(b) With revenge in mind
(c) With constant pain
(d) Without crying
7. What was odd about his parents when Henry visited his grandfather?
(a) They would call his grandfather nasty names.
(b) They refused to make eye contact with his grandfather.
(c) They were always berated by his grandfather.
(d) They never got out of the car.
8. What sport do Red and Henry play together?
9. What instrument does David play?
10. Where was Henry born?
(b) United States
11. What does Henry remember doing when he visited his grandmother?
(a) Playing the piano
(b) Cooking with her
(c) Staying in the car
(d) Listening to stories from her past
12. What punishment does Henry get from his father when he brings home the note from the principal?
(a) Beating with a razor strop
(b) Whipping with a branch
(c) Whipping with a belt
(d) Beating with a wooden spoon
13. What was the man who gave them a ride arrested for?
(a) Killing his wife
(b) Kidnapping a child
(c) Stealing a car
(d) Performing oral sex on another man
14. What chore does Henry's father give him to keep him out of one of the Saturday football games?
(a) Delivering milk
(b) Lawn work
(c) Cleaning the house
(d) Doing extra homework
15. What does the term vicious mean as it is used in the following sentence: Henry knows the players will be sending vicious kicks his way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport does Henry imagine that he is great at playing?
2. What happens as Henry walks home from school after his teacher keeps him late?
3. What does Henry become obsessed with in Kindergarten?
4. Why does David's mother berate him when he arrives home from school when Henry walks him home?
5. What does Henry do which makes Chuck, Eddie, Frank and Gene upset with him for a few weeks?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)