|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters begins sitting next to Henry at school?
2. Where is Big Henry's brother?
3. Why doesn't Henry go with the class to see the personal appearance by President Hoover?
(a) He has to work on the lawn
(b) He thinks he won't have to write the essay if he doesn't go
(c) He doesn't care about the president
(d) His father would not approve
4. Where does Big Henry say he will move after he sues the driver that hit Henry?
(b) South America
(d) South Seas
5. What occupation does Henry tell his new teacher that his father has?
(c) Milk delivery truck driver
6. Where was Henry born?
(d) United States
7. What was odd about his parents when Henry visited his grandfather?
(a) They never got out of the car.
(b) They were always berated by his grandfather.
(c) They refused to make eye contact with his grandfather.
(d) They would call his grandfather nasty names.
8. Why does Henry ask his teacher when she keeps him after class the day after he learns what sex is?
(a) If she wants to have sex
(b) What it means to have sex
(c) If she will help him get away from his parents
(d) If she will tell his parents
9. What is Henry's mother's reaction to the note from the principal?
(a) He needs to be punished
(b) He disgraced the family
(c) To find out what is bothering him
(d) He embarrassed her personally
10. What does Frank like?
11. Why didn't Henry open the sealed note from the principal?
(a) Forgot about the note
(b) No desire
(c) Lost the note
(d) Afraid of being beaten
12. Which of the characters stands up for Henry when a boy tries to beat him up and causes the boy to run away crying?
(c) Lila Jane
13. What causes fist fights in the vacant lots among some of Henry's friends?
(a) Basketball games
(b) Free food
(d) Weeds that some say are edible
14. Where does Henry begin going with Frank?
(c) Baseball practice
15. How did the baseball game with Miranda Bell end?
(a) Miranda Bell team winning
(b) A tie game
(c) Henry's team loses
(d) In a fight
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Henry's family often do on Sunday's when his grandmother didn't visit?
2. Why does Henry decide he can't run away?
3. What happens within the baseball game with Miranda Bell after several innings with no score?
4. What are the boys doing under the grandstand?
5. What punishment does Henry get from his father when he brings home the note from the principal?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)