|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Henry to stop playing the piano?
(a) Henry's mother
(b) Henry's father
(c) Henry's grandmother
(d) Henry's grandfather
2. What is Henry hit in the back of the head with that causes him to start a fight?
(b) Baseball bat
3. What was odd about his parents when Henry visited his grandfather?
(a) They never got out of the car.
(b) They refused to make eye contact with his grandfather.
(c) They were always berated by his grandfather.
(d) They would call his grandfather nasty names.
4. Why doesn't Henry go with the class to see the personal appearance by President Hoover?
(a) He doesn't care about the president
(b) His father would not approve
(c) He has to work on the lawn
(d) He thinks he won't have to write the essay if he doesn't go
5. When is Henry first exposed to other children?
(c) When his mother starts babysitting
(d) As a toddler playing with the neighbor children
6. In what year did Henry's memory take place?
7. What do Frank and Henry sell to the Jewish ladies who sit on the benches at the beach?
(a) Home-made muffins
(b) Sea shells
8. How do Frank and Henry get to the airshow?
9. What does Henry's mother give to Anna and her family?
(d) Peanut butter
10. Why does David's mother berate him when he arrives home from school when Henry walks him home?
(a) He has a bloody nose
(b) He brought a friend home from school
(c) He stole potato chips from her
(d) His shirt is torn
11. What happens within the baseball game with Miranda Bell after several innings with no score?
(a) The Miranda Bell team forfeits
(b) Henry's team attacked the Miranda Bell team
(c) Someone Henry's team hits a homerun
(d) The Miranda Bell team hits a grand slam homerun
12. What happens after Big Henry is confronted by his wife and Edna in his own house?
(a) He beats up Henry
(b) He moves out
(c) He runs down the street
(d) He argues with his wife
13. Where does Frank's father's give the boys money to visit?
(a) Air plane graveyard
(b) Air show
14. Why does the doctor say that Big Henry should not blame Henry for the car accident?
(a) Henry was inside a building when it happened
(b) The car malfunctioned
(c) The driver swerved to miss an animal and hit Henry instead
(d) The driver was drunk
15. What happens to Henry in confession?
(a) He refuses to say anything
(b) He can't think of anything so he makes sins up
(c) He eavesdrops on Frank's confession
(d) He is banned from the church
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupation does Henry tell his new teacher that his father has?
2. How did Henry feel about his grammar school teacher?
3. Why does Henry ask his teacher when she keeps him after class the day after he learns what sex is?
4. What would Henry lose when he got through the afternoon fights with the other boys at school?
5. What was the man who gave them a ride arrested for?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)