|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Frank's father's give the boys money to visit?
(b) Air show
(c) Air plane graveyard
2. What punishment does Henry get from his father when he brings home the note from the principal?
(a) Beating with a razor strop
(b) Whipping with a belt
(c) Whipping with a branch
(d) Beating with a wooden spoon
3. Why do the other players say that Henry should play on the baseball team that plays teams from other schools?
(a) Because Henry makes a great catch
(b) Because the others want Henry away from the school
(c) Because he hits a home run
(d) Because Henry beats up a lot of students
4. What did Henry find odd about his grammar school teacher?
(a) She only spoke to the girls in the class.
(b) She had two different colored eyes.
(c) She couldn't speak English.
(d) She never went to the bathroom.
5. With whom does Henry spend most of his free time?
(d) Lila Jane
6. What were Katherine and Betsy making when Henry and his family visited?
(a) Peanut butter sandwiches
(c) Chicken sandwiches
7. Which of the following homophones did Henry's father use in a joke?
(a) Pee and pea
(b) Carrot and caret
(c) Flower and flour
(d) Bear and bare
8. What does Frank like?
9. In what year did Henry's memory take place?
10. Why did Henry's family come to America?
(a) To avoid prison for his father.
(b) It is not explained.
(c) To live near his relatives who had already moved to America.
(d) To escape debts in Germany.
11. What was odd about his parents when Henry visited his grandfather?
(a) They were always berated by his grandfather.
(b) They never got out of the car.
(c) They would call his grandfather nasty names.
(d) They refused to make eye contact with his grandfather.
12. Why does David's mother berate him when he arrives home from school when Henry walks him home?
(a) He stole potato chips from her
(b) He has a bloody nose
(c) He brought a friend home from school
(d) His shirt is torn
13. What would Henry lose when he got through the afternoon fights with the other boys at school?
(a) His homework
(b) His teeth
(c) The need to relieve himself
(d) The frustration from living with his father
14. What do Frank and Henry sell to the Jewish ladies who sit on the benches at the beach?
(a) Home-made muffins
(d) Sea shells
15. What sport does Henry imagine that he is great at playing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry do which makes Chuck, Eddie, Frank and Gene upset with him for a few weeks?
2. When is Henry first exposed to other children?
3. What does Henry tell the principal?
4. What term does Henry use to describe sperm?
5. Where do Henry and Red go together occasionally?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)