|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry begin going with Frank?
(c) Baseball practice
2. What does Henry's father do for a living?
(a) Has a milk route
(b) Nothing, he is unemployed
(c) Runs a dairy farm
(d) Delivers newspapers
3. Why does Henry decide he can't run away?
(a) His mother would miss him
(b) He won't be able to find a job
(c) His father needs him
(d) He couldn't live on his own
4. Why does Henry say he dislikes the music David plays?
(a) It is too slow
(b) He hates all music
(c) It is sad
(d) He cannot play himself
5. Why does Henry ask his teacher when she keeps him after class the day after he learns what sex is?
(a) If she will tell his parents
(b) If she wants to have sex
(c) What it means to have sex
(d) If she will help him get away from his parents
6. What does Henry say that his father does wherever they are?
(a) Eat too much food
(b) Talk too much
(c) Get drunk
(d) Create scenes
7. What would Henry lose when he got through the afternoon fights with the other boys at school?
(a) The need to relieve himself
(b) His homework
(c) The frustration from living with his father
(d) His teeth
8. What does Henry do which makes Chuck, Eddie, Frank and Gene upset with him for a few weeks?
(a) Kicks the spider web
(b) Steals their football
(c) Kicked the dog
(d) Refuses to go to church
9. What does Henry say gives him the courage to fight harder when the bigger boys try to take the football away from him and Red?
(a) Henry's father watching
(b) Red's courage facing bigger kids
(c) Desire to get the football back
(d) Their howls of pain
10. Where does Henry kiss Lila Jane and grab her behind?
(b) Lila Jane's house
(c) Vacant lot
(d) Henry's parents' bedroom
11. What does Red use to help win fights with bigger boys?
(a) The football
(b) His teeth
(c) A baseball bat
(d) His fake arm
12. What chore does Henry's father give him to keep him out of one of the Saturday football games?
(a) Cleaning the house
(b) Doing extra homework
(c) Delivering milk
(d) Lawn work
13. What punishment does Henry get from his father when he brings home the note from the principal?
(a) Beating with a wooden spoon
(b) Whipping with a branch
(c) Whipping with a belt
(d) Beating with a razor strop
14. Where does Henry's father drive when the picnic basket was empty one day?
(a) Grandmother's house
(b) Orange grove
(d) Grocery store
15. What was odd about his parents when Henry visited his grandfather?
(a) They refused to make eye contact with his grandfather.
(b) They were always berated by his grandfather.
(c) They never got out of the car.
(d) They would call his grandfather nasty names.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Henry's grandfather give to him?
2. What do Frank and Henry continue to exchange after Frank moves away?
3. What causes fist fights in the vacant lots among some of Henry's friends?
4. How did the baseball game with Miranda Bell end?
5. What was the man who gave them a ride arrested for?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)