|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry say that his father does wherever they are?
(a) Get drunk
(b) Eat too much food
(c) Talk too much
(d) Create scenes
2. What happens within the baseball game with Miranda Bell after several innings with no score?
(a) The Miranda Bell team forfeits
(b) Henry's team attacked the Miranda Bell team
(c) The Miranda Bell team hits a grand slam homerun
(d) Someone Henry's team hits a homerun
3. Which of the following characters is cross-eyed?
(b) Lila Jane
4. What did Henry find odd about his grammar school teacher?
(a) She never went to the bathroom.
(b) She couldn't speak English.
(c) She had two different colored eyes.
(d) She only spoke to the girls in the class.
5. Why does Henry ask his teacher when she keeps him after class the day after he learns what sex is?
(a) What it means to have sex
(b) If she will tell his parents
(c) If she will help him get away from his parents
(d) If she wants to have sex
6. What did Henry's family often do on Sunday's when his grandmother didn't visit?
(a) Go for a ride and picnic
(b) Stay at home and do chores
(c) Go for a long walk together
(d) Play music together
7. What occupation does Henry tell his new teacher that his father has?
(a) Milk delivery truck driver
8. Which school does Henry attend?
(b) L. B Jane
9. Why does the doctor say that Big Henry should not blame Henry for the car accident?
(a) The car malfunctioned
(b) The driver was drunk
(c) The driver swerved to miss an animal and hit Henry instead
(d) Henry was inside a building when it happened
10. What are the boys doing under the grandstand?
(d) Looking up a woman's skirt
11. Why does David's mother berate him when he arrives home from school when Henry walks him home?
(a) He stole potato chips from her
(b) His shirt is torn
(c) He brought a friend home from school
(d) He has a bloody nose
12. What did Henry's grandfather give to him?
(c) Wrist watch
(d) Gummy badge
13. What do Frank and Henry sell to the Jewish ladies who sit on the benches at the beach?
(a) Sea shells
(b) Home-made muffins
14. What chore does Henry's father give him to keep him out of one of the Saturday football games?
(a) Lawn work
(b) Cleaning the house
(c) Delivering milk
(d) Doing extra homework
15. What sport does Henry imagine that he is great at playing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Henry open the sealed note from the principal?
2. Why did Henry's family come to America?
3. What would Henry's father use to show him magic tricks?
4. Who tells Henry to stop playing the piano?
5. How did Henry feel about his grammar school teacher?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)