|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation does Henry tell his new teacher that his father has?
(b) Milk delivery truck driver
2. What does Henry's mother give to Anna and her family?
(b) Peanut butter
3. Why didn't Henry open the sealed note from the principal?
(a) Lost the note
(b) No desire
(c) Afraid of being beaten
(d) Forgot about the note
4. What does Mr. Knox ask Henry?
(a) If his parents beat him
(b) If he is mean
(c) If he is tough
(d) If he likes girls
5. What do Frank and Henry continue to exchange after Frank moves away?
6. What sport does Henry imagine that he is great at playing?
7. What was the man who gave them a ride arrested for?
(a) Stealing a car
(b) Kidnapping a child
(c) Performing oral sex on another man
(d) Killing his wife
8. How did the baseball game with Miranda Bell end?
(a) Henry's team loses
(b) Miranda Bell team winning
(c) In a fight
(d) A tie game
9. Where was Henry born?
(d) United States
10. Which of the following characters is cross-eyed?
(b) Lila Jane
11. With which of the following characters is Big Henry having an affair?
12. In what year did Henry's memory take place?
13. What chore does Henry's father give him to keep him out of one of the Saturday football games?
(a) Lawn work
(b) Delivering milk
(c) Cleaning the house
(d) Doing extra homework
14. Why doesn't Henry play with the boys in the neighborhood?
(a) He doesn't like them
(b) He is afraid of being beaten up
(c) He is forbidden
(d) He spends too much time with them at school
15. What does Henry's father do when he arrives at the hospital?
(a) Yells at the doctor for treating Henry
(b) Blames Henry for getting in trouble at school and thus getting hit by a car
(c) Berates Henry for getting hit by a car
(d) Cheers that he won't have to care for Henry any longer
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following homophones did Henry's father use in a joke?
2. What does Henry do when he hears his father beating his mother after the confrontation?
3. Where is Big Henry's brother?
4. What happens within the baseball game with Miranda Bell after several innings with no score?
5. Why does the doctor say that Big Henry should not blame Henry for the car accident?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)