|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade is Henry in when David moves away?
2. Where do Henry and Red go together occasionally?
(a) Baseball field
(b) Neighbor's house
3. Why does Henry dislike David?
(a) David makes fun of Henry's father
(b) Because he dislikes all other students
(c) David hits Henry often
(d) Solely on appearance
4. What instrument does David play?
5. What does Red use to help win fights with bigger boys?
(a) His fake arm
(b) A baseball bat
(c) His teeth
(d) The football
6. What is Henry's mother's reaction to the note from the principal?
(a) To find out what is bothering him
(b) He needs to be punished
(c) He embarrassed her personally
(d) He disgraced the family
7. With which of the following characters is Big Henry having an affair?
8. What chore does Henry's father give him to keep him out of one of the Saturday football games?
(a) Doing extra homework
(b) Delivering milk
(c) Cleaning the house
(d) Lawn work
9. Why does David's mother berate him when he arrives home from school when Henry walks him home?
(a) He brought a friend home from school
(b) His shirt is torn
(c) He stole potato chips from her
(d) He has a bloody nose
10. What do Frank and Henry sell to the Jewish ladies who sit on the benches at the beach?
(a) Sea shells
(c) Home-made muffins
11. What does Henry do which makes Chuck, Eddie, Frank and Gene upset with him for a few weeks?
(a) Steals their football
(b) Refuses to go to church
(c) Kicks the spider web
(d) Kicked the dog
12. What does Henry tell the principal?
(a) Leave me alone
(b) I hate you
(c) I'll kill you
(d) I'll get you
13. What was the man who gave them a ride arrested for?
(a) Killing his wife
(b) Performing oral sex on another man
(c) Stealing a car
(d) Kidnapping a child
14. What does Lila ask Henry?
(a) If he wants to see her panties
(b) If he wants to kiss her
(c) If he wants to play house with her
(d) If he wants to runaway with her
15. Which of the following homophones did Henry's father use in a joke?
(a) Bear and bare
(b) Carrot and caret
(c) Pee and pea
(d) Flower and flour
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Knox ask Henry?
2. What was odd about his parents when Henry visited his grandfather?
3. How did Henry feel about his grammar school teacher?
4. What do Frank and Henry see that they say won't be able to go to Heaven?
5. What would Henry lose when he got through the afternoon fights with the other boys at school?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)