|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Knox ask Henry?
(a) If he is tough
(b) If he is mean
(c) If his parents beat him
(d) If he likes girls
2. What was odd about his parents when Henry visited his grandfather?
(a) They were always berated by his grandfather.
(b) They refused to make eye contact with his grandfather.
(c) They never got out of the car.
(d) They would call his grandfather nasty names.
3. Where does Henry kiss Lila Jane and grab her behind?
(a) Lila Jane's house
(b) Vacant lot
(d) Henry's parents' bedroom
4. What does Henry remember doing when he visited his grandmother?
(a) Playing the piano
(b) Listening to stories from her past
(c) Staying in the car
(d) Cooking with her
5. Of what is Henry's first memory?
(a) Being under something
(b) Being squashed
(c) Being beside his mother
(d) Being in the crib
6. Which of the following homophones did Henry's father use in a joke?
(a) Pee and pea
(b) Carrot and caret
(c) Bear and bare
(d) Flower and flour
7. With which of the following characters is Big Henry having an affair?
8. What are the boys doing under the grandstand?
(d) Looking up a woman's skirt
9. What does Henry become obsessed with in Kindergarten?
(a) His teacher
(b) Writing his letters
(c) Bathroom practices
(d) Math facts
10. Why does Henry ask his teacher when she keeps him after class the day after he learns what sex is?
(a) If she wants to have sex
(b) If she will help him get away from his parents
(c) If she will tell his parents
(d) What it means to have sex
11. What does Red use to help win fights with bigger boys?
(a) A baseball bat
(b) His fake arm
(c) The football
(d) His teeth
12. What happens within the baseball game with Miranda Bell after several innings with no score?
(a) Someone Henry's team hits a homerun
(b) The Miranda Bell team hits a grand slam homerun
(c) Henry's team attacked the Miranda Bell team
(d) The Miranda Bell team forfeits
13. What does Edna do when Big Henry refuses to choose?
(a) Attacks Big Henry's wife and then leaves
(b) Beats on Henry and then leaves
(c) Beats on Big Henry and the leaves
(d) Takes Big Henry's car and leaves
14. What punishment does Henry get from his father when he brings home the note from the principal?
(a) Whipping with a belt
(b) Whipping with a branch
(c) Beating with a wooden spoon
(d) Beating with a razor strop
15. What does Henry's father do for a living?
(a) Nothing, he is unemployed
(b) Runs a dairy farm
(c) Has a milk route
(d) Delivers newspapers
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry say he dislikes the music David plays?
2. What does Henry do which makes Chuck, Eddie, Frank and Gene upset with him for a few weeks?
3. Why did Henry's family come to America?
4. What grade is Henry in when David moves away?
5. Where does Henry begin going with Frank?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)