|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters begins sitting next to Henry at school?
2. What did Henry's grandfather give to him?
(a) Gummy badge
(b) Wrist watch
3. What causes fist fights in the vacant lots among some of Henry's friends?
(a) Weeds that some say are edible
(b) Basketball games
(d) Free food
4. Where does Henry's father drive when the picnic basket was empty one day?
(a) Grocery store
(c) Grandmother's house
(d) Orange grove
5. What does Henry's father do when he arrives at the hospital?
(a) Blames Henry for getting in trouble at school and thus getting hit by a car
(b) Berates Henry for getting hit by a car
(c) Yells at the doctor for treating Henry
(d) Cheers that he won't have to care for Henry any longer
6. What does Mr. Knox ask Henry?
(a) If his parents beat him
(b) If he likes girls
(c) If he is tough
(d) If he is mean
7. What does the term vicious mean as it is used in the following sentence: Henry knows the players will be sending vicious kicks his way.
8. What does Edna do when Big Henry refuses to choose?
(a) Takes Big Henry's car and leaves
(b) Beats on Big Henry and the leaves
(c) Beats on Henry and then leaves
(d) Attacks Big Henry's wife and then leaves
9. Why does the doctor say that Big Henry should not blame Henry for the car accident?
(a) Henry was inside a building when it happened
(b) The driver was drunk
(c) The driver swerved to miss an animal and hit Henry instead
(d) The car malfunctioned
10. What does Henry remember doing when he visited his grandmother?
(a) Staying in the car
(b) Listening to stories from her past
(c) Playing the piano
(d) Cooking with her
11. What happens after Big Henry is confronted by his wife and Edna in his own house?
(a) He argues with his wife
(b) He beats up Henry
(c) He runs down the street
(d) He moves out
12. What do Frank and Henry continue to exchange after Frank moves away?
13. What does Lila ask Henry?
(a) If he wants to kiss her
(b) If he wants to see her panties
(c) If he wants to runaway with her
(d) If he wants to play house with her
14. What would Henry lose when he got through the afternoon fights with the other boys at school?
(a) The frustration from living with his father
(b) His homework
(c) The need to relieve himself
(d) His teeth
15. Where does Frank's father's give the boys money to visit?
(b) Air plane graveyard
(c) Air show
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry's father describe his brothers?
2. What does Henry say that his father does wherever they are?
3. Why does Henry decide he can't run away?
4. What do Frank and Henry sell to the Jewish ladies who sit on the benches at the beach?
5. What did Henry's family often do on Sunday's when his grandmother didn't visit?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)