|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry say he dislikes the music David plays?
(a) It is too slow
(b) It is sad
(c) He cannot play himself
(d) He hates all music
2. What does Edna do when Big Henry refuses to choose?
(a) Beats on Big Henry and the leaves
(b) Beats on Henry and then leaves
(c) Takes Big Henry's car and leaves
(d) Attacks Big Henry's wife and then leaves
3. What does Henry do when he hears his father beating his mother after the confrontation?
(a) Goes to her defense
(b) Slips out of the window
(c) Takes his car and leaves
(d) Hits his father over the head
4. What happens as Henry walks home from school after his teacher keeps him late?
(a) He decides to run away from home
(b) He's hit by a car
(c) He runs into Edna
(d) He hides from his father
5. What does Lila ask Henry?
(a) If he wants to see her panties
(b) If he wants to play house with her
(c) If he wants to runaway with her
(d) If he wants to kiss her
6. Why does Henry decide he can't run away?
(a) He won't be able to find a job
(b) He couldn't live on his own
(c) His mother would miss him
(d) His father needs him
7. What did Henry find odd about his grammar school teacher?
(a) She never went to the bathroom.
(b) She couldn't speak English.
(c) She had two different colored eyes.
(d) She only spoke to the girls in the class.
8. Where is Katherine's brother?
(d) Los Angelos
9. What occupation does Henry tell his new teacher that his father has?
(a) Milk delivery truck driver
10. How did Henry's mother catch his father with Edna?
(a) Saw them through a window
(b) Hid in the trunk of the car
(c) Watched him sneak into her house when she was running errands
(d) Saw them in his delivery truck
11. What instrument does David play?
12. Why doesn't Henry play with the boys in the neighborhood?
(a) He spends too much time with them at school
(b) He is forbidden
(c) He doesn't like them
(d) He is afraid of being beaten up
13. Which school does Henry attend?
(b) L. B Jane
14. What do Frank and Henry continue to exchange after Frank moves away?
15. What direction does Henry tell his father that they are traveling when asked?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry tell the principal?
2. What happens after Big Henry is confronted by his wife and Edna in his own house?
3. What does Frank like?
4. What does Henry become obsessed with in Kindergarten?
5. How does Henry says boys from his school take their beatings?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)