|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry remember doing when he visited his grandmother?
(a) Staying in the car
(b) Cooking with her
(c) Playing the piano
(d) Listening to stories from her past
2. What do Frank and Henry sell to the Jewish ladies who sit on the benches at the beach?
(c) Home-made muffins
(d) Sea shells
3. What does Mr. Knox ask Henry?
(a) If he likes girls
(b) If his parents beat him
(c) If he is tough
(d) If he is mean
4. What was the man who gave them a ride arrested for?
(a) Performing oral sex on another man
(b) Stealing a car
(c) Kidnapping a child
(d) Killing his wife
5. Where does Big Henry say he will move after he sues the driver that hit Henry?
(c) South Seas
(d) South America
6. Why does Henry dislike David?
(a) Because he dislikes all other students
(b) Solely on appearance
(c) David hits Henry often
(d) David makes fun of Henry's father
7. Which of the following characters begins sitting next to Henry at school?
8. Which of the following homophones did Henry's father use in a joke?
(a) Flower and flour
(b) Pee and pea
(c) Carrot and caret
(d) Bear and bare
9. Who tells Henry to stop playing the piano?
(a) Henry's father
(b) Henry's grandfather
(c) Henry's grandmother
(d) Henry's mother
10. With which of the following characters is Big Henry having an affair?
11. Where is Big Henry's brother?
12. Where was Henry born?
(a) United States
13. With whom does Henry spend most of his free time?
(a) Lila Jane
14. What punishment does Henry get from his father when he brings home the note from the principal?
(a) Whipping with a branch
(b) Whipping with a belt
(c) Beating with a razor strop
(d) Beating with a wooden spoon
15. What does the term vicious mean as it is used in the following sentence: Henry knows the players will be sending vicious kicks his way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport do Red and Henry play together?
2. What would Henry lose when he got through the afternoon fights with the other boys at school?
3. What does Lila ask Henry?
4. Why didn't Henry open the sealed note from the principal?
5. What did Henry find odd about his grammar school teacher?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)