|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry ask his teacher when she keeps him after class the day after he learns what sex is?
(a) What it means to have sex
(b) If she will tell his parents
(c) If she wants to have sex
(d) If she will help him get away from his parents
2. Why didn't Henry open the sealed note from the principal?
(a) No desire
(b) Afraid of being beaten
(c) Lost the note
(d) Forgot about the note
3. Which of the following characters is cross-eyed?
(a) Lila Jane
4. What was the man who gave them a ride arrested for?
(a) Killing his wife
(b) Stealing a car
(c) Kidnapping a child
(d) Performing oral sex on another man
5. Where does Henry kiss Lila Jane and grab her behind?
(a) Henry's parents' bedroom
(c) Lila Jane's house
(d) Vacant lot
6. What happens after Big Henry is confronted by his wife and Edna in his own house?
(a) He beats up Henry
(b) He moves out
(c) He runs down the street
(d) He argues with his wife
7. How does Henry's father describe his brothers?
(a) Do gooders
(b) Religious zealots
8. What does Lila ask Henry?
(a) If he wants to runaway with her
(b) If he wants to play house with her
(c) If he wants to kiss her
(d) If he wants to see her panties
9. What would Henry's father use to show him magic tricks?
(c) Poker chips
10. What did people always say that Henry was doing?
11. With which of the following characters is Big Henry having an affair?
12. What is Henry's mother's reaction to the note from the principal?
(a) He disgraced the family
(b) He embarrassed her personally
(c) To find out what is bothering him
(d) He needs to be punished
13. What happens to Frank's father?
(a) Killed by his wife
(b) Commits suicide
(c) Abandons his son and wife
(d) Killed by a drunk driver
14. Why does Henry decide he can't run away?
(a) His mother would miss him
(b) His father needs him
(c) He won't be able to find a job
(d) He couldn't live on his own
15. In what year did Henry's memory take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David share with Henry?
2. Why did Henry's family come to America?
3. Where does Henry's father drive when the picnic basket was empty one day?
4. Where does Henry begin going with Frank?
5. Why does Henry say he dislikes the music David plays?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)