|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was odd about his parents when Henry visited his grandfather?
(a) They would call his grandfather nasty names.
(b) They never got out of the car.
(c) They were always berated by his grandfather.
(d) They refused to make eye contact with his grandfather.
2. What did people always say that Henry was doing?
3. What would Henry lose when he got through the afternoon fights with the other boys at school?
(a) His homework
(b) His teeth
(c) The frustration from living with his father
(d) The need to relieve himself
4. What did Henry's family often do on Sunday's when his grandmother didn't visit?
(a) Go for a long walk together
(b) Go for a ride and picnic
(c) Stay at home and do chores
(d) Play music together
5. What grade is Henry in when David moves away?
6. Of what is Henry's first memory?
(a) Being under something
(b) Being squashed
(c) Being beside his mother
(d) Being in the crib
7. What does Henry tell the principal?
(a) I'll kill you
(b) Leave me alone
(c) I'll get you
(d) I hate you
8. Where do Henry and Red go together occasionally?
(b) Neighbor's house
(c) Baseball field
9. Why did Henry's family come to America?
(a) It is not explained.
(b) To escape debts in Germany.
(c) To avoid prison for his father.
(d) To live near his relatives who had already moved to America.
10. Why doesn't Henry go with the class to see the personal appearance by President Hoover?
(a) He thinks he won't have to write the essay if he doesn't go
(b) His father would not approve
(c) He doesn't care about the president
(d) He has to work on the lawn
11. What is Henry hit in the back of the head with that causes him to start a fight?
(c) Baseball bat
12. Which of the following characters is called Red and has a fake arm?
13. What does David share with Henry?
(b) Potato chips
14. Where is Big Henry's brother?
15. What happens within the baseball game with Miranda Bell after several innings with no score?
(a) Someone Henry's team hits a homerun
(b) The Miranda Bell team forfeits
(c) Henry's team attacked the Miranda Bell team
(d) The Miranda Bell team hits a grand slam homerun
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry remember doing when he visited his grandmother?
2. What does Henry's father do for a living?
3. How did Henry feel about his grammar school teacher?
4. Who tells Henry to stop playing the piano?
5. What would Henry's father use to show him magic tricks?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)