|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What punishment does Henry get from his father when he brings home the note from the principal?
(a) Whipping with a belt
(b) Whipping with a branch
(c) Beating with a razor strop
(d) Beating with a wooden spoon
2. Where does Henry's father drive when the picnic basket was empty one day?
(a) Grocery store
(b) Grandmother's house
(d) Orange grove
3. What does Henry tell the principal?
(a) I'll kill you
(b) I hate you
(c) I'll get you
(d) Leave me alone
4. What does Henry remember doing when he visited his grandmother?
(a) Cooking with her
(b) Staying in the car
(c) Playing the piano
(d) Listening to stories from her past
5. Where is Big Henry's brother?
6. In what year did Henry's memory take place?
7. What did Henry's grandfather give to him?
(a) Wrist watch
(b) Gummy badge
8. What does Henry become obsessed with in Kindergarten?
(a) Bathroom practices
(b) Math facts
(c) His teacher
(d) Writing his letters
9. What did Henry find odd about his grammar school teacher?
(a) She never went to the bathroom.
(b) She only spoke to the girls in the class.
(c) She couldn't speak English.
(d) She had two different colored eyes.
10. What does Henry say that his father does wherever they are?
(a) Create scenes
(b) Eat too much food
(c) Get drunk
(d) Talk too much
11. What does David share with Henry?
(a) Potato chips
12. Why do the other players say that Henry should play on the baseball team that plays teams from other schools?
(a) Because Henry beats up a lot of students
(b) Because Henry makes a great catch
(c) Because the others want Henry away from the school
(d) Because he hits a home run
13. What instrument does David play?
14. Which school does Henry attend?
(a) L. B Jane
15. Which of the following characters is called Red and has a fake arm?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Henry feel about his grammar school teacher?
2. What did people always say that Henry was doing?
3. Where did Henry's grandmother live?
4. Why didn't Henry open the sealed note from the principal?
5. Why doesn't Henry go with the class to see the personal appearance by President Hoover?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)