Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is cross-eyed?
(c) Lila Jane
2. How does Henry's father describe his brothers?
(c) Religious zealots
(d) Do gooders
3. Where is Big Henry's brother?
4. Which of the following homophones did Henry's father use in a joke?
(a) Carrot and caret
(b) Flower and flour
(c) Bear and bare
(d) Pee and pea
5. What does Henry do which makes Chuck, Eddie, Frank and Gene upset with him for a few weeks?
(a) Refuses to go to church
(b) Steals their football
(c) Kicks the spider web
(d) Kicked the dog
6. Why does Henry dislike David?
(a) David hits Henry often
(b) David makes fun of Henry's father
(c) Solely on appearance
(d) Because he dislikes all other students
7. How did Henry feel about his grammar school teacher?
(a) Hated her
(b) Was intrigued by her
(c) Respected her
(d) Loved her
8. What were Katherine and Betsy making when Henry and his family visited?
(b) Chicken sandwiches
(c) Peanut butter sandwiches
9. Where did Henry's grandmother live?
(c) San Francisco
(d) Los Angelos
10. Why does Henry ask his teacher when she keeps him after class the day after he learns what sex is?
(a) If she will tell his parents
(b) What it means to have sex
(c) If she wants to have sex
(d) If she will help him get away from his parents
11. Where is Katherine's brother?
(c) Los Angelos
12. Which of the following characters is called Red and has a fake arm?
13. Why does Henry decide he can't run away?
(a) His mother would miss him
(b) His father needs him
(c) He won't be able to find a job
(d) He couldn't live on his own
14. What term does Henry use to describe sperm?
(a) Love juice
(b) Fucking liquid
(c) Dong juice
(d) Man juice
15. What happens after Big Henry is confronted by his wife and Edna in his own house?
(a) He beats up Henry
(b) He argues with his wife
(c) He moves out
(d) He runs down the street
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as Henry walks home from school after his teacher keeps him late?
2. Which of the characters stands up for Henry when a boy tries to beat him up and causes the boy to run away crying?
3. What happens within the baseball game with Miranda Bell after several innings with no score?
4. What causes fist fights in the vacant lots among some of Henry's friends?
5. With whom does Henry spend most of his free time?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)