Short Essay Questions Key
1. What does Henry's grandfather give him that is important to him?
2. What happens when Henry's father drives to an orange grove to pick oranges?
3. Why wouldn't Big Henry allow Henry's mother to give Aunt Anna money when they obviously needed some to buy food?
4. Describe, in detail, an example of Big Henry's tendency to create scenes in public.
5. Why did Henry become obsessed with bathroom practices in kindergarten?
6. How can the reader infer that Aunt Anna and her family need money to buy food?
7. What does Henry talk about in relation to the boys at his grammar school?
8. Though Big Henry and Katherine have been married for a number of years, what new information did Katherine learn about her husband?
9. What is odd about the first afternoon that David and Henry walk home from school together?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)