* The novel opens with Henry describing his earliest memory of being under something, perhaps a table.
* He remembers that people were always telling him that he was always eating.
* He was born in 1922 in Germany, but then relocated to America.
* His whole family is now in America.
* Henry only remembers visiting his grandfather once and his parents stayed in the car.
* His grandfather gave him a gummy badge from his German military days and a pocket watch.
* The family regularly visits with Henry's grandmother in Pasadena
* She encourages Henry to play the piano.
* When they aren't spending a Sunday with his grandmother, the family would often go for long drives and picnics.
* One time when the picnic basket was empty, Big Henry attempted to steal oranges from an orange grove only to have the grove owner chase them away with a gun.
* Big Henry talks badly...
This section contains 2,465 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)