|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the guard tell Ben to turn on Yank?
2. Which two characters come walking up a side street?
3. How do the voices pronounce the word other?
4. What metal are the bars of the cell made from?
5. Where does Yank say the girl belonged?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion.
Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
What problems do Yank's generation face? How are the problems for Yank's generation different to the problems his father's generation face? Identify and discuss a significant problem facing your generation.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's dialogue. Discuss how the author's dialogue contributes to the following areas:
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)