|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the voices say the sermon was about?
2. What does the secretary think Yank's job is?
3. What does the guard tell Ben to turn on Yank?
4. What newspaper does a voice say a guard gave him?
5. Who are Yank and Long waiting for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was the American government was against Communism? In what way did Communism go against American ideology?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the construction of O'Neill's argument.
1. How does he introduce his ideas?
2. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in O'Neill's argument?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about 1920s century society.
1. The IWW.
3. The class system..
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)