|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the guard say he will get if the men don't quieten down?
2. What does Yank say is a joke?
3. What kind of men does the secretary say he needs?
4. What do the voices say the sermon was about?
5. What was the name of the senator who made a speech in senate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's dialogue. Discuss how the author's dialogue contributes to the following areas:
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)