Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of men does the secretary say he needs?
2. Who are Yank and Long waiting for?
3. Who do the voices think Yank was trying to get even with?
4. Where does Yank say the girl belonged?
5. What is Yank's face spotted with?
Compare Yank's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end.
1. What did Yank hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Yank's ideas about life?
3. How has Yank's character changed by the end of the book?
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion.
Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Examine the construction of O'Neill's argument.
1. How does he introduce his ideas?
2. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in O'Neill's argument?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)