|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tie does Long wear?
2. What does Yank think the IWW want to do?
3. Who tells Yank to enter the room when he knocks?
4. What does Long say will happen if Yank continues to be aggressive?
5. What does a voice advise Yank to join if he wants to get back at the girl?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
In 1942, William Bendix starred in a film version of the Hairy Ape. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant 6 years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about 1920s century society.
1. The IWW.
3. The class system..
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)