|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does scene five take place?
2. What does a woman cry in ecstasy about?
3. What do the voices give Senator Queen?
4. What does Long say the white collar stiffs are asking Jesus for?
5. What do the voices say Douglas is filthy with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's dialogue. Discuss how the author's dialogue contributes to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1920s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their goal? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)