Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of men does the secretary say he needs?
2. Who are Yank and Long waiting for?
3. Who do the voices think Yank was trying to get even with?
4. Where does Yank say the girl belonged?
5. What is Yank's face spotted with?
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
What are the arguments for and against communism? What are O'Neill's opinions on communism? Do you agree or disagree with O'Neill?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Yank's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end.
1. What did Yank hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Yank's ideas about life?
3. How has Yank's character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)