Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of men does the secretary say he needs?
2. Who are Yank and Long waiting for?
3. Who do the voices think Yank was trying to get even with?
4. Where does Yank say the girl belonged?
5. What is Yank's face spotted with?
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
Examine capitalism and communism. How did capitalism and communism evolve into important movements? What are the differences between the two schools of thought? Why did capitalism become the dominant system in America?
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)