|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Yank to enter the room when he knocks?
2. What kind of tie does Long wear?
3. What does a voice say will happen if people don't calm down?
4. What does a voice say happens to Yank's spit?
5. What is Yank's girl's surname?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Yank's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end.
1. What did Yank hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Yank's ideas about life?
3. How has Yank's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's dialogue. Discuss how the author's dialogue contributes to the following areas:
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)