|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yank say his job was?
2. What does Long refer to Yank as when people start exiting the church?
3. What does a voice say happens to Yank's spit?
4. Where does scene seven take place?
5. How do the voices pronounce the word other?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was the American government was against Communism? In what way did Communism go against American ideology?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1920s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)