|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What metal are the bars of the cell made from?
2. What is one man in the office writing?
3. What does the fat gentleman yell at Yank?
4. How does Yank refer to the girl?
5. What does Yank try to pull up to use as a club?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Yank's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end.
1. What did Yank hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Yank's ideas about life?
3. How has Yank's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their goal? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Who are the IWW and how influential have the IWW been in American society? What are O'Neill's views of the IWW? How does he express his views in the book?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)