|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Secretary they have none of?
2. What does the secretary think Yank's job is?
3. What do the voices say they must organize?
4. What does Yank say Mildred thinks she can get away with?
5. What kind of building does Yank point to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Examine the construction of O'Neill's argument.
1. How does he introduce his ideas?
2. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in O'Neill's argument?
Essay Topic 3
How do the capitalist class oppress the working classes? How have the working classes made life better for themselves over the centuries? In what way was communism a reaction against working class oppression?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)