|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Irish city does Yank mention in the third scene?
2. What drink do the voices say is doped?
3. What work does Mildred say sounds thrilling?
4. Where do the voices say they are going to after hell?
5. What animal do the men say the dirt will make spot on Yank like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What image does the author say he is trying to set?
2. What does Yank decide is the only way to get back at people who have ruined his life?
3. Why is Yank deep in thought?
4. Why does Yank get angry when a woman looks at the monkey fur coat in the shop?
5. What is Rodin's The Thinker?
6. How do the crowd act when they exit the church?
7. In what way do Mldred and her aunt depart on bad terms?
8. Why does the guard hose Yank down?
9. How do the crowd react to Yank's anger?
10. What does Long say about the capitalist class?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's dialogue. Discuss how the author's dialogue contributes to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Examine the construction of O'Neill's argument.
1. How does he introduce his ideas?
2. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in O'Neill's argument?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about 1920s century society.
1. The IWW.
3. The class system..
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)