|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two engineers arrive in the stoke room with Mildred?
2. What does the author say the bodies of the men shine with?
3. What does Yank tell Paddy he is as nutty as?
4. What animal does the author compare to the Yank's face?
5. What does the author say the rivelets of sweat have traced on the mens' backs?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Long react when Yank's temper gets the better of him?
2. Why does Mildred say it is not important if she dirties her white dress?
3. Descibe the setting in scene two?
4. Why does Yank say he is jealous of the gorilla?
5. Why do the men fear Yank?
6. How does O'Neill express Mildred does not belong in the world downstairs?
7. Why does the guard hose Yank down?
8. How do the crowd react to Yank's anger?
9. How does the gorilla react to Yank?
10. What does Long say about the capitalist class?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the capitalist class oppress the working classes? How have the working classes made life better for themselves over the centuries? In what way was communism a reaction against working class oppression?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the differences between a play and a book in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
Examine capitalism and communism. How did capitalism and communism evolve into important movements? What are the differences between the two schools of thought? Why did capitalism become the dominant system in America?
This section contains 1,299 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)