|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first think Yank does when he wakes up?
(a) Spits at a guard.
(b) Bangs his head against the wall.
(c) Cries for help.
(d) Shakes the bars.
2. What do the other prisoners call the prison?
(a) The old iron house.
(b) The chicken coop.
(c) The royal palace.
(d) The steel cage.
3. What does Long refer to Yank as when people start exiting the church?
(c) Hairy ape.
4. What does Yank tell the prisoners to watch?
(a) His smoke.
(b) His next move.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His girl.
5. What do the prisoners give the word democracy?
(a) A raspberry.
(b) A jeer.
(c) A whistle.
(d) A laugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Long say should keep off the grass in fifth avenue?
2. What is wrapped around Yank's head?
3. What kind of tie does Long wear?
4. What kind of men does the secretary say he needs?
5. Where is the prison located?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)