|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author compare the mens' throats to?
(a) Ship whistles.
(b) Phonograph horns.
(d) Opera singers.
2. What does Yank say he can breathe and swallow?
(a) Smoke fumes.
(b) Coal dust.
(c) Fossil fuels.
(d) Sea air.
3. What does Yank say is the ship's middle name?
4. What does Paddy tell his crew he is never too drunk to do?
5. Who turns Yank to stone?
(c) The second engineer.
(d) The fourth engineer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality does Yank say beer is for?
2. What do the men use to throw open the furnace doors?
3. What quality does the author say the men give the word love?
4. How does Yank pronounce the word think?
5. What does Mildred call the Yank?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting in scene six.
2. How does Yank react when the chief engineer begins blowing his whistle even louder than before?
3. What does Long think is the only way workers can gain power?
4. How does O'Neill express Mildred does not belong in the world downstairs?
5. Describe the setting in scene seven?
6. What happens when the Yank releases the gorilla from its cage?
7. In what way do Mldred and her aunt depart on bad terms?
8. Describe the setting in scene four.
9. How do the soldiers react to Long's revolutionary speech?
10. What does Long say about the capitalist class?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)