|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paddy say he wished Yank did to Mildred?
(a) Slapped her.
(b) Brained her.
(c) Growled at her.
(d) Kissed her.
2. What does Yank say is his favorite climate?
3. What animal does the author compare to the Yank's face?
(a) A bull.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A horse.
(d) A gorilla.
4. Where does the coal stick to the men?
(a) The hair.
(b) Their nails.
(c) Their ears.
(d) Their eyes.
5. What gives enough light to create shadows?
(a) A light bulb.
(b) A flashlight.
(c) A candle.
(d) A gaslight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paddy do while Yank delivers his speech?
2. What color does Paddy say the ocean is?
3. What does a voice say Yank has scared Mildred out of?
4. What work does Mildred say sounds thrilling?
5. What is Yank's nickname for Paddy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Long's opinion of what happened to Mildred in the engine room?
2. Why is Yank disappointed he sees the IWW's office?
3. How does Yank react when Mildred leaves the engine room?
4. Why are the working class resentful of the upperclass in the play?
5. How does Long react when Yank's temper gets the better of him?
6. What is Yank's opinion of the union after they throw him out of the office?
7. What is Rodin's The Thinker?
8. What happens when the Yank releases the gorilla from its cage?
9. What does Rodin's The Thinker represent?
10. Why does Yank get angry when a woman looks at the monkey fur coat in the shop?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)