|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Irish city does Yank mention in the third scene?
2. What kind of pipe does Mildred say her grandmother smoked?
(a) An Indian pipe.
(b) A wooden pipe.
(c) A clay pipe.
(d) A gentleman's pipe.
3. What is Yank's nickname for Paddy?
(d) Mr. Whiskey.
4. What does Yank tell his friends to choke off?
(a) The engines.
(b) The jokes.
(c) The noise.
(d) The card game.
5. What are all the men in the fireman's forecastle dressed in?
(a) Boiler suits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the sailors say rhymes with drink?
2. Who does Long say told him about Mildred?
3. What does the author say the rivelets of sweat have traced on the mens' backs?
4. What does Mildred say age makes a person?
5. Which two engineers arrive in the stoke room with Mildred?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mildred react to Yank's rage?
2. Describe the setting in scene six.
3. Describe the setting in scene three.
4. What does Yank remember from his childhood?
5. Why is Yank deep in thought?
6. Describe the opening scene?
7. Why is Mildred's aunt against the idea of Mildred going down into the engine room?
8. What happens when the Yank releases the gorilla from its cage?
9. How does Yank respond to Paddy's speech about being trapped?
10. What does the article accuse the IWW of trying to do?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)