|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word Yank uses do the men repeat?
2. What does Mildred call her aunt before she leaves?
(c) Horse chops.
(d) Old hag.
3. Of what company is Mildred's father the president?
(a) Gordon's Whiskey.
(b) Nazareth Steel.
(d) Ford Motors.
4. What color does Paddy say the ocean is?
5. What does the Yank hurl at the door when Mildred leaves?
(a) A plate.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A shovel.
(d) An axe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paddy say is wrong with Yank?
2. What nationality does Yank say beer is for?
3. What work does Mildred say sounds thrilling?
4. What do the men say Yank will get if he does not wash?
5. What does Mildred call the second engineer when he leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Yank get himself arrested?
2. Descibe the setting in scene two?
3. Why is Yank angry with Mildred?
4. What does the article accuse the IWW of trying to do?
5. Why is Mildred's aunt against the idea of Mildred going down into the engine room?
6. Describe the setting in scene six.
7. What image does the author say he is trying to set?
8. In what way do the sailors sound like a mob when they speak?
9. What does Yank decide is the only way to get back at people who have ruined his life?
10. How does Mildred react to Yank's rage?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)