|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who turns Yank to stone?
(b) The second engineer.
(d) The fourth engineer.
2. What is Yank's nickname for Paddy?
(a) Mr. Whiskey.
3. What does Paddy tell his crew he is never too drunk to do?
4. What does Yank say is the matter with him?
(a) He has fallen in love.
(b) He is tired.
(c) He has fallen in hate.
(d) He is lonely.
5. What is the color of Mildred's clothes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do most of the men smoke?
2. Where does scene three take place?
3. In which city did Mildred work as a social worker?
4. Where do the voices say they are going to after hell?
5. What does Paddy say ten doctors and nurses will be feeding Mildred?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Long believe the engineers were showing Mildred the engine room?
2. Describe the setting in scene seven?
3. Describe the setting in scene four.
4. In what way do Mldred and her aunt depart on bad terms?
5. What happens when the Yank releases the gorilla from its cage?
6. Where does Yank say is the sailor's home?
7. How does the language used in the scene reflect the the natures of the characters?
8. What does Yank say he has been doing since his confrontation with the police officer?
9. What does Yank decide is the only way to get back at people who have ruined his life?
10. How does Yank act differently than in previous scenes?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)