|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the voices say they are going to after hell?
(b) New York.
2. What drink do the voices want Paddy to sing about?
3. Who is escorting Mildred to the stoke hole?
(a) The captain.
(b) The cabin boy.
(c) The first mate.
(d) The second engineer.
4. What does Yank tell the men to pile the furnace with?
(b) Anything that packs a punch.
(c) The gourmet stuff.
5. What does Aunt tell Mildred she loathes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of weather does Yank tell Paddy he stands for?
2. What kind of ship is the Flying Dutchman?
3. What does Paddy tell his crew he is never too drunk to do?
4. What does Long say Mildred's father has a enough gold to do?
5. What is Yank's nickname for Paddy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Yank say he wants to join the union?
2. What happens when the Yank releases the gorilla from its cage?
3. How does Yank respond to Paddy's speech about being trapped?
4. How does Yank react when Mildred leaves the engine room?
5. Why does Yank suddenly become angry with Mildred's father?
6. How do the soldiers react to Long's revolutionary speech?
7. Describe the setting in scene four.
8. What does Yank say he remembers about Mildred?
9. Why does Long believe the engineers were showing Mildred the engine room?
10. Decribe the setting in scene eight.
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)