|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mildred call the Yank?
(a) A filthy beast.
(b) A devil.
(c) A dirty ape.
(d) A mad monster.
2. What does Yank say is the matter with him?
(a) He is lonely.
(b) He has fallen in hate.
(c) He is tired.
(d) He has fallen in love.
3. What are all the men in the fireman's forecastle dressed in?
(b) Boiler suits.
4. What is the color of Mildred's clothes?
5. What does Paddy say the engineer told Mildred they roast their workers in?
(a) The ship's anger.
(b) Her father's money.
(c) Their own sweat.
(d) The flames of hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say makes a teeth gritting sound?
2. What does Yank say all the engineers are?
3. What does Paddy tell his crew he is never too drunk to do?
4. What kind of weather does Yank tell Paddy he stands for?
5. What drink do the voices want Paddy to sing about?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way do the sailors sound like a mob when they speak?
2. What is Rodin's The Thinker?
3. How does Yank act differently than in previous scenes?
4. Descibe the setting in scene two?
5. How does the gorilla react to Yank?
6. In what way do Mldred and her aunt depart on bad terms?
7. How does scene two contrast with scene one?
8. Describe the opening scene?
9. Why does Long believe the engineers were showing Mildred the engine room?
10. Why does Yank think he and the men are better than the upperclasses?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)