|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yank say is the ship's booze?
(a) The waves.
(c) The wind.
2. What does Yank tell Paddy he is as nutty as?
(a) A nun.
(b) A cuckoo.
(c) A monk.
(d) A bug.
3. Who does Long say told him about Mildred?
(a) An engineer.
(b) A steward.
(c) The captain.
(d) A cabin boy.
4. What does Yank say is his favorite climate?
5. Where do the voices say they are going to after hell?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does scene four take place?
2. Where does scene three take place?
3. What does Yank say he thought Mildred was?
4. What is Yank's nickname for Paddy?
5. What did Mildred study at university?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Yank say he is jealous of the gorilla?
2. Why does Yank suddenly become angry with Mildred's father?
3. What does Yank say he remembers about Mildred?
4. What does Yank decide is the only way to get back at people who have ruined his life?
5. What do Mildred and her aunt discuss?
6. Describe the opening scene?
7. Describe the setting in scene three.
8. How does scene two contrast with scene one?
9. Who are the Wobblies?
10. How does the language used in the scene reflect the the natures of the characters?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)