|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mildred say her grandfather used to work as?
(a) A miner.
(b) A carpenter.
(c) A mechanic.
(d) A puddler.
2. What does Yank say is the ship's middle name?
3. What does Mildred say she has permission to visit?
(a) The lower decks.
(b) The stokehole.
(c) The engine room.
(d) The captain's cabin.
4. What does Mildred call the Yank?
(a) A devil.
(b) A filthy beast.
(c) A dirty ape.
(d) A mad monster.
5. What does Yank say all the engineers are?
(d) Big heads.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men say Yank will get if he does not wash?
2. What kind of metal does Yank say he is?
3. What does Yank say he has forgotten?
4. What does Yank say he will join?
5. What does Yank tell his friends to choke off?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Long remind Yank of his anger towards Mildred?
2. What does the article accuse the IWW of trying to do?
3. Why is Yank angry with Mildred?
4. How does Long react when Yank's temper gets the better of him?
5. How does Yank act differently than in previous scenes?
6. How do the crowd act when they exit the church?
7. What is Rodin's The Thinker?
8. What does Yank say he has been doing since his confrontation with the police officer?
9. How does Yank react when Mildred leaves the engine room?
10. How does Yank get the men working harder?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)