|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal do the men say the dirt will make spot on Yank like?
(a) A cougar.
(b) A dalmation.
(c) A zebra.
(d) A leopard.
2. What color does Paddy say the ocean is?
3. What kind of weather does Yank tell Paddy he stands for?
4. Of what company is Mildred's father the president?
(a) Nazareth Steel.
(c) Ford Motors.
(d) Gordon's Whiskey.
5. What work does Mildred say sounds thrilling?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paddy say the engineer told Mildred they roast their workers in?
2. What does Yank say he could see through Mildred's hands?
3. In which city did Mildred work as a social worker?
4. What does Yank tell the men to pile the furnace with?
5. What kind of expression does the coal dust give the men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yank say he has been doing since his confrontation with the police officer?
2. How does Yank react when the chief engineer begins blowing his whistle even louder than before?
3. What is the setting in scene five?
4. In what way do the sailors sound like a mob when they speak?
5. Why does Yank suddenly become angry with Mildred's father?
6. Why is Yank angry with Mildred?
7. What does Yank remember from his childhood?
8. What does Yank say he remembers about Mildred?
9. Who are the Wobblies?
10. Why does Yank say he is jealous of the gorilla?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)