|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does scene three take place?
(a) The stokehole.
(b) The captain's cabin.
(c) The engine room.
(d) The upper deck.
2. What does Long say the engineers were exhibiting them like?
3. What does a voice say Yank has scared Mildred out of?
(a) Talking to the working classes.
(b) A year' growth.
(c) Coming in to the stokers hole.
(d) Leaving her home.
4. What does Yank tell Paddy he is as nutty as?
(a) A nun.
(b) A bug.
(c) A cuckoo.
(d) A monk.
5. What does Mildred see swirling against the sky?
(a) Grey smoke.
(b) Black smoke.
(c) Red clouds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does scene two take place?
2. Which two engineers arrive in the stoke room with Mildred?
3. What does Mildred call the Yank?
4. What does Paddy say is wrong with Yank?
5. What does Yank say all the engineers are?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Yank deep in thought?
2. What does Yank remember from his childhood?
3. What does Yank say he remembers about Mildred?
4. Why is Yank angry with Mildred?
5. How does O'Neill express Mildred does not belong in the world downstairs?
6. What is Rodin's The Thinker?
7. What does Rodin's The Thinker represent?
8. Why does the guard hose Yank down?
9. Why is the secretary suspicious of Yank's behavior?
10. What does Long say about the capitalist class?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)