|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Long call Mildred?
(a) A bloody cow.
(b) A frigid cow.
(c) A horse face.
(d) A patronising piebald.
2. Where does the coal stick to the men?
(a) Their eyes.
(b) Their ears.
(c) Their nails.
(d) The hair.
3. What does Paddy do while Yank delivers his speech?
(b) Makes faces.
(d) Rolls his eyes.
4. What kind of pipe does Mildred say her grandmother smoked?
(a) A clay pipe.
(b) An Indian pipe.
(c) A wooden pipe.
(d) A gentleman's pipe.
5. What does Yank say is the ship's middle name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of ship is the Flying Dutchman?
2. What does Long say is Mildred's father's political beliefs?
3. What does Long say the engineers were exhibiting them like?
4. What does Yank say he thought Mildred was?
5. Who is escorting Mildred to the stoke hole?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Long believe the engineers were showing Mildred the engine room?
2. How does the gorilla react to Yank?
3. What does Long say about the capitalist class?
4. How does Yank react when the chief engineer begins blowing his whistle even louder than before?
5. How do the crowd react to Yank's anger?
6. What does Yank say he has been doing since his confrontation with the police officer?
7. Describe the opening scene?
8. How does O'Neill express Mildred does not belong in the world downstairs?
9. What does the article accuse the IWW of trying to do?
10. Describe the setting in scene three.
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)