|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paddy say Mildred was dressed like when she came into the stokehole?
(a) A white swan.
(b) A cherub.
(c) A heavenly angel.
(d) A white quane.
2. What does Long say the engineers were exhibiting them like?
3. What does Mildred say she will do with her dress if she gets it dirty?
(a) Throw it into the sea.
(b) Use it for rags.
(c) Give to one of the workers.
(d) Put it in the washing machine.
4. What word Yank uses do the men repeat?
5. What kind of pipe does Mildred say her grandmother smoked?
(a) An Indian pipe.
(b) A clay pipe.
(c) A gentleman's pipe.
(d) A wooden pipe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what company is Mildred's father the president?
2. What kind of metal does Yank say he is?
3. What does a voice say Yank has scared Mildred out of?
4. What does Mildred call the Yank?
5. What does Aunt tell Mildred she loathes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mildred's aunt against the idea of Mildred going down into the engine room?
2. Describe the setting in scene seven?
3. How does the gorilla react to Yank?
4. How does Yank get the men working harder?
5. Who are the Wobblies?
6. What image does the author say he is trying to set?
7. Why does the guard hose Yank down?
8. Why does Yank think he and the men are better than the upperclasses?
9. What does the article accuse the IWW of trying to do?
10. Why does Long believe the engineers were showing Mildred the engine room?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)