|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say makes a teeth gritting sound?
(a) The grind of steel against steel.
(b) The scrape of boots against the steel floor.
(c) The opening of the furnace doors.
(d) The grunts of the men.
2. What kind of food does Mildred say her aunt reminds her of?
(a) Bread dripping.
(b) A cold pork pudding.
(c) Steak and kidney pie.
(d) Biscuits and gravy.
3. What does Mildred's aunt call her as Mildred walks away?
(c) Cow head.
4. What do the men say Yank has forgotten to do?
(a) Put on his shirt.
(b) Pay their wages.
(c) Eat his dinner.
(d) Wash himself.
5. What does Yank tell Paddy he is as nutty as?
(a) A monk.
(b) A bug.
(c) A cuckoo.
(d) A nun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paddy say is wrong with Yank?
2. What nationality does Yank say beer is for?
3. In which city did Mildred work as a social worker?
4. What does Yank say he can breathe and swallow?
5. Where does scene two take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way do Mldred and her aunt depart on bad terms?
2. How does Yank react when Mildred leaves the engine room?
3. How does Yank react when the chief engineer begins blowing his whistle even louder than before?
4. How does the gorilla react to Yank?
5. What does Long tell Yank he is fighting?
6. How does the author the compare exploitation of the working classes with Christianity?
7. What is Long's opinion of what happened to Mildred in the engine room?
8. Describe the opening scene?
9. Why do the men fear Yank?
10. What does the article accuse the IWW of trying to do?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)