|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paddy say the engineer was pointing at them like?
(a) A man in a circus.
(b) A spaceman on Mars.
(c) A professor in a musuem.
(d) A slavedriver on a plantation.
2. What does the author say the bodies of the men shine with?
3. What does Long say Mildred's father has a enough gold to do?
(a) Buy them each a mansion.
(b) Sink the ship.
(c) Buy America.
(d) Sink the Titanic.
4. What do the others respect about Yank?
(a) His gentleness.
(b) His superior intellect.
(c) His superior strength.
(d) His kindness.
5. What is the color of Mildred's clothes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mildred see swirling against the sky?
2. What does Mildred tell the second engineer she dislikes?
3. What does Yank say he could see through Mildred's hands?
4. What does Yank say all the engineers are?
5. Who do most of the men smoke?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the secretary suspicious of Yank's behavior?
2. In what way do the sailors sound like a mob when they speak?
3. Why are the working class resentful of the upperclass in the play?
4. Why does the guard hose Yank down?
5. What is Rodin's The Thinker?
6. What do Mildred and her aunt discuss?
7. How does Yank respond to Paddy's speech about being trapped?
8. What image does the author say he is trying to set?
9. Describe the setting in scene three.
10. How does Yank react when Mildred leaves the engine room?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)