|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Paddy say Midred's father is making money?
(a) Fleet Street.
(b) The Congo.
(c) Wall Street.
(d) South Africa.
2. Who are the men staring at?
(c) The captain.
(d) The Yank.
3. What kind of weather does Yank tell Paddy he stands for?
4. What drink do the voices say is doped?
5. What gives enough light to create shadows?
(a) A candle.
(b) A light bulb.
(c) A gaslight.
(d) A flashlight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mildred call the second engineer when he leaves?
2. What does Mildred say she will do with her dress if she gets it dirty?
3. What do the sailors say rhymes with drink?
4. What does Paddy do while Yank delivers his speech?
5. What does the author say the bodies of the men shine with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Yank suddenly become angry with Mildred's father?
2. How does scene two contrast with scene one?
3. Why does the guard hose Yank down?
4. Decribe the setting in scene eight.
5. Why does Long believe the engineers were showing Mildred the engine room?
6. How does the language used in the scene reflect the the natures of the characters?
7. Where does Yank say is the sailor's home?
8. How do the crowd react to Yank's anger?
9. Why does Yank get angry when a woman looks at the monkey fur coat in the shop?
10. How does Yank show his rage at the end of the fourth scene?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)