|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mildred study at university?
2. What does the author say the rivelets of sweat have traced on the mens' backs?
3. What does Yank say is his favorite climate?
4. Where does scene two take place?
(a) The captain's cabin.
(b) The engine room.
(c) The upper deck.
(d) The promenade deck.
5. What do the men use to throw open the furnace doors?
(b) Pick axes.
(c) Crow bars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Long say is Mildred's father's political beliefs?
2. What does Mildred say her grandfather used to work as?
3. What does Mildred call the second engineer when he leaves?
4. Of what company is Mildred's father the president?
5. What does Aunt tell Mildred she loathes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the language used in the scene reflect the the natures of the characters?
2. What does Long say about the capitalist class?
3. How does Yank react when the chief engineer begins blowing his whistle even louder than before?
4. What does Long think is the only way workers can gain power?
5. How does Mildred react to Yank's rage?
6. Why is Yank disappointed he sees the IWW's office?
7. How does Yank respond to Paddy's speech about being trapped?
8. How does the gorilla react to Yank?
9. Describe the setting in scene three.
10. What happens when the Yank releases the gorilla from its cage?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)