|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paddy tell his crew he is never too drunk to do?
2. Who is escorting Mildred to the stoke hole?
(a) The captain.
(b) The second engineer.
(c) The first mate.
(d) The cabin boy.
3. Who does Long say told him about Mildred?
(a) A steward.
(b) An engineer.
(c) A cabin boy.
(d) The captain.
4. What does Yank tell the men he is trying to do?
5. What do the others respect about Yank?
(a) His kindness.
(b) His superior strength.
(c) His gentleness.
(d) His superior intellect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paddy say ten doctors and nurses will be feeding Mildred?
2. Of what company is Mildred's father the president?
3. What animal does O'Neill compare Paddy's face to?
4. What does Yank say he has forgotten?
5. What does Paddy say the engineer told Mildred they roast their workers in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Yank say is the sailor's home?
2. How do the crowd act when they exit the church?
3. Who are the Wobblies?
4. How does Yank get himself arrested?
5. Why are the working class resentful of the upperclass in the play?
6. How does Yank act differently than in previous scenes?
7. What is the setting in scene five?
8. Descibe the setting in scene two?
9. What does Yank say he has been doing since his confrontation with the police officer?
10. What is Rodin's The Thinker?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)