|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country does Yank sing a lass waits for him?
2. What does Long say Mildred's father has a enough gold to do?
(a) Buy them each a mansion.
(b) Sink the ship.
(c) Buy America.
(d) Sink the Titanic.
3. What does Yank say he has forgotten?
(a) Real life.
(b) His women.
4. What does Yank shout at the "Belfast bum" for doing?
(a) Pulling on the whistle.
(b) Talking too loudly.
(c) Closing the furnace door.
(d) Doing nothing.
5. What does Long say is Mildred's father's political beliefs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the others respect about Yank?
2. How does Yank pronounce the word think?
3. What does Paddy say the engineer told Mildred they roast their workers in?
4. What does Yank say he will do to Mildred?
5. What does a voice say Yank has scared Mildred out of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Yank angry with Mildred?
2. In what way do Mldred and her aunt depart on bad terms?
3. How do the soldiers react to Long's revolutionary speech?
4. How does Yank react when the chief engineer begins blowing his whistle even louder than before?
5. What does Long say about the capitalist class?
6. Describe the setting in scene seven?
7. How do the crowd react to Yank's anger?
8. Describe the opening scene?
9. Why do the men fear Yank?
10. Why is Yank disappointed he sees the IWW's office?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)