|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yank say is the ship's middle name?
2. Who does Long say told him about Mildred?
(a) A steward.
(b) The captain.
(c) An engineer.
(d) A cabin boy.
3. What do the sailors say rhymes with drink?
4. What kind of ship is the Flying Dutchman?
(a) A Spanish Armada.
(b) A pirate ship.
(c) A fishing ship.
(d) A ghost ship.
5. What does Paddy say he wished Yank did to Mildred?
(a) Slapped her.
(b) Growled at her.
(c) Kissed her.
(d) Brained her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Long say Mildred's father has a enough gold to do?
2. What does Mildred say her grandfather used to work as?
3. How does Yank pronounce the word think?
4. What does Yank say is the ship's booze?
5. What does Mildred call the second engineer when he leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mildred react to Yank's rage?
2. How does Yank get the men working harder?
3. Decribe the setting in scene eight.
4. How does Long remind Yank of his anger towards Mildred?
5. Why does Long believe the engineers were showing Mildred the engine room?
6. Why does the guard hose Yank down?
7. How does O'Neill express Mildred does not belong in the world downstairs?
8. Where does Yank say is the sailor's home?
9. What is the setting in scene five?
10. Why does Yank get angry when a woman looks at the monkey fur coat in the shop?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)