|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the coal stick to the men?
(a) Their ears.
(b) The hair.
(c) Their eyes.
(d) Their nails.
2. What quality does the author say the men give the word love?
(a) A metallic quality.
(b) A rusty quality.
(c) A timeless quality.
(d) A dusty quality.
3. What do the men say Yank will get if he does not wash?
(a) The flu.
(b) The scurvy.
(c) The measles.
(d) The itch.
4. What kind of weather does Yank tell Paddy he stands for?
5. What does Yank say he can breathe and swallow?
(a) Sea air.
(b) Coal dust.
(c) Smoke fumes.
(d) Fossil fuels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yank say he thought Mildred was?
2. What kind of pipe does Mildred say her grandmother smoked?
3. How does O'Neill describe Mildred's aunt?
4. Of what company is Mildred's father the president?
5. Where does scene two take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the crowd act when they exit the church?
2. How does Yank get the men working harder?
3. Describe the opening scene?
4. Why are the working class resentful of the upperclass in the play?
5. How does Yank react when Mildred leaves the engine room?
6. Why does Yank suddenly become angry with Mildred's father?
7. Why does Yank say he wants to join the union?
8. What does Yank say he remembers about Mildred?
9. What is Long's opinion of what happened to Mildred in the engine room?
10. Describe the setting in scene seven?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)