|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Long say Mildred's father has a enough gold to do?
(a) Sink the Titanic.
(b) Sink the ship.
(c) Buy them each a mansion.
(d) Buy America.
2. What does Mildred's aunt call her as Mildred walks away?
(b) Cow head.
3. Who is escorting Mildred to the stoke hole?
(a) The captain.
(b) The second engineer.
(c) The cabin boy.
(d) The first mate.
4. What does Yank say he could see through Mildred's hands?
(a) Her dress.
(b) Her bones.
(c) Her face.
(d) Her soul.
5. What does Paddy say the engineer was pointing at them like?
(a) A professor in a musuem.
(b) A man in a circus.
(c) A slavedriver on a plantation.
(d) A spaceman on Mars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does O'Neill compare Paddy's face to?
2. What kind of metal does Yank say he is?
3. What does Yank say is his favorite climate?
4. What kind of expression does the coal dust give the men?
5. What does the author say the rivelets of sweat have traced on the mens' backs?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mildred react to Yank's rage?
2. What does the article accuse the IWW of trying to do?
3. Why is Yank deep in thought?
4. What does Yank remember from his childhood?
5. How does Yank react when the chief engineer begins blowing his whistle even louder than before?
6. What image does the author say he is trying to set?
7. Why is the secretary suspicious of Yank's behavior?
8. Decribe the setting in scene eight.
9. What does Long tell Yank he is fighting?
10. Describe the setting in scene four.
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)