|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paddy say he wished Yank did to Mildred?
(a) Kissed her.
(b) Brained her.
(c) Growled at her.
(d) Slapped her.
2. What does Paddy tell his crew he is never too drunk to do?
3. What does Mildred say age makes a person?
4. Where do the voices say they are going to after hell?
(b) New York.
5. What does Yank say he can breathe and swallow?
(a) Coal dust.
(b) Sea air.
(c) Smoke fumes.
(d) Fossil fuels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yank say is the ship's middle name?
2. What kind of expression does the coal dust give the men?
3. What do the sailors say rhymes with drink?
4. What does Yank say he will join?
5. What gives enough light to create shadows?
Short Essay Questions
1. Decribe the setting in scene eight.
2. What does Long say about the capitalist class?
3. How does Yank get himself arrested?
4. What is Yank's opinion of the union after they throw him out of the office?
5. How does Yank get the men working harder?
6. What does Yank say he remembers about Mildred?
7. Why does the guard hose Yank down?
8. What is Long's opinion of what happened to Mildred in the engine room?
9. In what way do Mldred and her aunt depart on bad terms?
10. What does the article accuse the IWW of trying to do?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)