|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say the rivelets of sweat have traced on the mens' backs?
2. What animal do the men say the dirt will make spot on Yank like?
(a) A dalmation.
(b) A cougar.
(c) A leopard.
(d) A zebra.
3. What does Yank tell his friends to choke off?
(a) The noise.
(b) The card game.
(c) The engines.
(d) The jokes.
4. What does Mildred call the Yank?
(a) A dirty ape.
(b) A mad monster.
(c) A devil.
(d) A filthy beast.
5. Who does Long say told him about Mildred?
(a) A steward.
(b) A cabin boy.
(c) The captain.
(d) An engineer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Long call Mildred?
2. What does Mildred say age makes a person?
3. Who is escorting Mildred to the stoke hole?
4. Of what company is Mildred's father the president?
5. What animal does the author compare to the Yank's face?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Yank act differently than in previous scenes?
2. What does Yank decide is the only way to get back at people who have ruined his life?
3. How does the language used in the scene reflect the the natures of the characters?
4. What image does the author say he is trying to set?
5. What does Yank say he has been doing since his confrontation with the police officer?
6. How does Yank react when the chief engineer begins blowing his whistle even louder than before?
7. What is Long's opinion of what happened to Mildred in the engine room?
8. Why does Yank think he and the men are better than the upperclasses?
9. Why are the working class resentful of the upperclass in the play?
10. Why is Yank angry with Mildred?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)