|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which city did Mildred work as a social worker?
(b) New York.
(c) New Orleans.
2. What does Paddy say Mildred was dressed like when she came into the stokehole?
(a) A white quane.
(b) A white swan.
(c) A cherub.
(d) A heavenly angel.
3. What does Yank say is the matter with him?
(a) He is tired.
(b) He is lonely.
(c) He has fallen in love.
(d) He has fallen in hate.
4. What do the men use to throw open the furnace doors?
(a) Crow bars.
(c) Pick axes.
5. Where does the coal stick to the men?
(a) Their ears.
(b) Their eyes.
(c) The hair.
(d) Their nails.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does scene three take place?
2. What does Long call Mildred?
3. What is the color of Mildred's clothes?
4. What does Yank say all the engineers are?
5. What does Yank say he has forgotten?
Short Essay Questions
1. What image does the author say he is trying to set?
2. How does the gorilla react to Yank?
3. Describe the opening scene?
4. How does O'Neill express Mildred does not belong in the world downstairs?
5. How does Long react when Yank's temper gets the better of him?
6. How does Yank respond to Paddy's speech about being trapped?
7. How does scene two contrast with scene one?
8. How does Mildred react to Yank's rage?
9. Why is Mildred's aunt against the idea of Mildred going down into the engine room?
10. What does Yank remember from his childhood?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)