|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Yank say his parents took him when he was a kid?
(a) The fair.
(d) The theater.
2. What day of the week is it in scene five?
3. What do the prisoners give the word democracy?
(a) A laugh.
(b) A jeer.
(c) A whistle.
(d) A raspberry.
4. How do the voices pronounce the word other?
5. What does Yank say he could eat off the sidewalk?
(a) A pizza.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) A steak.
(d) A fried egg.
6. What is Yank's real name?
(a) Bob Smith.
(b) Simon Barnes.
(c) James Brown.
(d) Fred Toms.
7. What does Long refer to Yank as when people start exiting the church?
(c) Hairy ape.
8. Where did Yank's father work?
(a) The Brooklyn waterfront.
(b) The Bristol waterfront.
(c) The Southampton waterfront.
(d) The San Francisco waterfront.
9. What does Long say the white collar stiffs are asking Jesus for?
(a) More slaves.
(b) More workers.
(c) More money.
(d) Bigger houses.
10. How does Yank refer to the girl?
(a) An ugly bint.
(b) A posh corpse.
(c) A first cabin stiff.
(d) A rich tart.
11. What does the fat gentleman yell at Yank?
12. Who does Long say should keep off the grass in fifth avenue?
13. What was the name of the senator who made a speech in senate?
14. What do most of the men smoke?
15. What is the first think Yank does when he wakes up?
(a) Shakes the bars.
(b) Spits at a guard.
(c) Cries for help.
(d) Bangs his head against the wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters come walking up a side street?
2. What is Yank's face spotted with?
3. What does the guard tell Ben to turn on Yank?
4. What does Yank say is a joke?
5. How does the author describe Yank's eyes?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)