|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Yank refer to the girl?
(a) A posh corpse.
(b) A first cabin stiff.
(c) A rich tart.
(d) An ugly bint.
2. Where is the prison located?
(a) Lover's Island.
(b) Blackwell's Island.
(c) Cook Island.
(d) Blackguard's Island.
3. Why do the voices decide to let Yank rave?
(a) It will send them to sleep.
(b) It is fun listening.
(c) They can get rid of him.
(d) It will do him good.
4. What does the Secretary they have none of?
5. What does Yank say is a joke?
(b) His job.
(c) The shops.
(d) Mildred's father.
6. What is Yank wearing?
(a) Dirty dungarees.
(b) A soldiers uniform.
(c) Jeans and a t-shirt.
(d) An Italian suit.
7. Where do the voices say they have seen Douglas' picture?
(a) The magazines.
(b) The newspapers.
(c) The television.
(d) The cinema.
8. What kind of men does the secretary say he needs?
(a) Men who can cause trouble.
(b) Men who stay out of trouble.
(c) Men who can hold their jobs.
(d) Men who are angry at the world.
9. What do the voices say the sermon was about?
(a) The communists.
(b) The radicals.
(c) The Nazis.
(d) The delinquents.
10. What kind of tie does Long wear?
(a) A Windsor tie.
(b) A Buckingham tie.
(c) A London tie.
(d) A Winchester tie.
11. What does Long say the white collar stiffs are asking Jesus for?
(a) More slaves.
(b) More money.
(c) More workers.
(d) Bigger houses.
12. What does Yank say he wants to blow up?
(a) His ship.
(b) The IWW offices.
(c) The White House.
(d) The Steel Trust factory.
13. Where does Yank say the girl belonged?
(a) The graveyard.
(b) The window of a toy store.
(c) The upper deck.
(d) The heavens.
14. Where did Yank wait for Mildred in Southampton?
(a) By the gangplank.
(b) In a church.
(c) In the dining hall.
(d) On the promenade deck.
15. Where does scene six take place?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A prison.
(c) A fire station.
(d) A police station.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe Yank's eyes?
2. What does Yank refer to the prison guard as?
3. Where does scene seven take place?
4. What game are two of the men in the office playing?
5. What is the first think Yank does when he wakes up?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)