|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the secretary think Yank's job is?
(a) Yard breaker.
2. What does Yank call an old lady he approaches?
3. What does Yank say he wants to blow up?
(a) The White House.
(b) The Steel Trust factory.
(c) His ship.
(d) The IWW offices.
4. Where does scene five take place?
(a) The promenade deck.
(b) Fifth avenue, New York.
(c) The stokers hole.
(d) The New York subway.
5. What do the voices give Senator Queen?
(a) The whine.
(b) The bark.
(c) The jeer.
(d) The purr.
6. What does a woman cry in ecstasy about?
(a) A pink Cadillac.
(b) Monkey fur.
(c) A working class man.
(d) Diamond earrings.
7. Which two characters come walking up a side street?
(a) Yank and Long.
(b) The second and fourth engineer.
(c) Mildred and her aunt.
(d) Paddy and Yank.
8. Who tells Yank to enter the room when he knocks?
(a) All the workers.
(b) The assistant manager.
(c) The manager.
(d) The secretary.
9. What animal does Yank say doesn't talk?
10. Who do the voices think Yank was trying to get even with?
(a) His father.
(b) His girl.
(c) His workmate.
(d) His boss.
11. What newspaper does a voice say a guard gave him?
(a) The New York Post.
(b) The Guardian.
(c) The Daily Echo.
(d) The Sunday Times.
12. What game are two of the men in the office playing?
13. What does Yank say he is wise to?
(a) The world.
(b) The police.
(c) The stiffs.
(d) The game.
14. What is Yank's face spotted with?
(a) The chicken pox.
(b) Black and blue bruises.
(d) Red scratches.
15. What kind of cap does Yank wear?
(a) A fireman's cap.
(b) An officer's cap.
(c) A huntsman's cap.
(d) A soldier's cap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Long say should keep off the grass in fifth avenue?
2. What does IWW stand for?
3. What does the guard say he will get if the men don't quieten down?
4. What does Yank compare prison to?
5. Where does the man tell Yank to hide the newspaper?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)