|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a voice say happens to Yank's spit?
(a) It sticks like glue.
(b) It goes through walls.
(c) It bounces.
(d) It turns rock hard.
2. What does Yank say he would show the senator?
3. What do the other prisoners call the prison?
(a) The royal palace.
(b) The old iron house.
(c) The chicken coop.
(d) The steel cage.
4. What is Yank's real name?
(a) Bob Smith.
(b) Fred Toms.
(c) Simon Barnes.
(d) James Brown.
5. What day of the week is it in scene five?
6. What does Long refer to Yank as when people start exiting the church?
(b) Hairy ape.
7. What does Yank say he will do if the men don't fight?
(a) He will knock them dead.
(b) He will kill their families.
(c) He will raid their houses.
(d) He will will blow them up.
8. How does Yank refer to the girl?
(a) A posh corpse.
(b) An ugly bint.
(c) A first cabin stiff.
(d) A rich tart.
9. What was the name of the senator who made a speech in senate?
10. What does Long say will happen if Yank continues to be aggressive?
(a) They will be mobbed.
(b) They will be hung.
(c) They will bring out the guards.
(d) The police will come.
11. Where does scene five take place?
(a) The New York subway.
(b) The promenade deck.
(c) Fifth avenue, New York.
(d) The stokers hole.
12. What does Yank say his job was?
(a) A fireman.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A construction worker.
(d) A steel worker.
13. What word do the prisoners use to refer to the prison officials?
14. Who does Long say should keep off the grass in fifth avenue?
15. What does Yank think the IWW want to do?
(a) Take over America.
(b) Murder company presidents.
(c) Get with society women.
(d) Blow things up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Long use for food?
2. What does the secretary think Yank's job is?
3. What does Yank try to pull up to use as a club?
4. What does Yank compare prison to?
5. What does Yank tell the prisoners he will do if they don't stop kidding him?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)