|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Yank's father work?
(a) The San Francisco waterfront.
(b) The Brooklyn waterfront.
(c) The Southampton waterfront.
(d) The Bristol waterfront.
2. Why do the voices decide to let Yank rave?
(a) It will do him good.
(b) It will send them to sleep.
(c) It is fun listening.
(d) They can get rid of him.
3. How does Yank pronounce thirty?
4. What does the guard say he will get if the men don't quieten down?
(a) The dogs.
(b) The hose.
(c) The warden.
(d) The priest.
5. Where does scene seven take place?
(a) The waterfront.
(b) The prison.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A soup kitchen.
6. How does Yank pronounce church?
7. What does Yank think the IWW want to do?
(a) Get with society women.
(b) Blow things up.
(c) Take over America.
(d) Murder company presidents.
8. What is Yank's real name?
(a) Fred Toms.
(b) Bob Smith.
(c) James Brown.
(d) Simon Barnes.
9. What does Long refer to Yank as when people start exiting the church?
(c) Hairy ape.
10. What does Yank say Mildred thinks she can get away with?
11. What was the name of the senator who made a speech in senate?
12. What does Yank compare prison to?
(a) A soup kitchen.
(b) A ship.
(c) A coal mine.
(d) A zoo.
13. What does the guard tell Ben to turn on Yank?
(a) The sprinklers.
(b) The hose.
(c) The dogs.
(d) The lazers.
14. What is the first think Yank does when he wakes up?
(a) Cries for help.
(b) Bangs his head against the wall.
(c) Spits at a guard.
(d) Shakes the bars.
15. What game does Yank want to play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Yank's face spotted with?
2. What is one man in the office writing?
3. What does a woman cry in ecstasy about?
4. Which two characters come walking up a side street?
5. What does the secretary think Yank's job is?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)