|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Long say the white collar stiffs are asking Jesus for?
(a) More slaves.
(b) More money.
(c) More workers.
(d) Bigger houses.
2. What is the first think Yank does when he wakes up?
(a) Spits at a guard.
(b) Shakes the bars.
(c) Bangs his head against the wall.
(d) Cries for help.
3. What does Yank refer to the prison guard as?
(a) A keeper.
(b) An ape.
(c) A lion tamer.
(d) A manager.
4. What does Long do when he realizes Yank won't stop causing trouble?
(a) Calls the police.
(b) Pins Yank down.
(c) Pulls Yank to away.
5. What does the fat gentleman yell at Yank?
6. Where did Yank's father work?
(a) The San Francisco waterfront.
(b) The Brooklyn waterfront.
(c) The Southampton waterfront.
(d) The Bristol waterfront.
7. Where did Yank wait for Mildred in Southampton?
(a) In a church.
(b) On the promenade deck.
(c) In the dining hall.
(d) By the gangplank.
8. What is Yank's real name?
(a) Simon Barnes.
(b) Fred Toms.
(c) James Brown.
(d) Bob Smith.
9. What does Yank say he could eat off the sidewalk?
(a) A pizza.
(b) A steak.
(c) A sandwich.
(d) A fried egg.
10. How does the author describe Yank's eyes?
(c) All seeing.
11. What do the voices say Douglas is filthy with?
12. Who does the fat gentleman call for?
(a) A bus conducter.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A taxi driver.
(d) A shoe shiner.
13. What does Yank say he is wise to?
(a) The game.
(b) The police.
(c) The world.
(d) The stiffs.
14. What is Yank wearing?
(a) Dirty dungarees.
(b) An Italian suit.
(c) A soldiers uniform.
(d) Jeans and a t-shirt.
15. What do the voices say the sermon was about?
(a) The communists.
(b) The delinquents.
(c) The radicals.
(d) The Nazis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Yank to enter the room when he knocks?
2. Where does Yank say the girl belonged?
3. What animal does Yank say doesn't talk?
4. Where does scene six take place?
5. Where is the prison located?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)