|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game are two of the men in the office playing?
2. What does the secretary think Yank's job is?
(b) Yard breaker.
3. Where did Yank's father work?
(a) The Southampton waterfront.
(b) The San Francisco waterfront.
(c) The Bristol waterfront.
(d) The Brooklyn waterfront.
4. What is wrapped around Yank's head?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A bandage.
(d) A bandana.
5. What is Yank's face spotted with?
(a) The chicken pox.
(b) Black and blue bruises.
(d) Red scratches.
6. Where did Yank wait for Mildred in Southampton?
(a) In the dining hall.
(b) In a church.
(c) By the gangplank.
(d) On the promenade deck.
7. Who does Long say should keep off the grass in fifth avenue?
8. What does Long say the white collar stiffs are asking Jesus for?
(a) Bigger houses.
(b) More slaves.
(c) More money.
(d) More workers.
9. What do the voices say Douglas is filthy with?
10. What does the guard ask Ben to fetch for Hank?
(a) A bandage.
(b) A strait jacket.
(c) A monkey suit.
(d) A new set of clothes.
11. Where do the voices say they have seen Douglas' picture?
(a) The television.
(b) The magazines.
(c) The newspapers.
(d) The cinema.
12. What newspaper does a voice say a guard gave him?
(a) The Daily Echo.
(b) The Sunday Times.
(c) The Guardian.
(d) The New York Post.
13. What do the prisoners give the word democracy?
(a) A whistle.
(b) A raspberry.
(c) A laugh.
(d) A jeer.
14. What does the Secretary they have none of?
15. What animal does Yank say doesn't talk?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yank refer to the prison guard as?
2. What game does Yank want to play?
3. What does Yank say he could eat off the sidewalk?
4. What does the fat gentleman tell Yank he has made him lose?
5. What does Yank try to pull up to use as a club?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)