|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Yank say his parents took him when he was a kid?
(b) The theater.
(d) The fair.
2. What do the other prisoners call the prison?
(a) The chicken coop.
(b) The old iron house.
(c) The royal palace.
(d) The steel cage.
3. What newspaper does a voice say a guard gave him?
(a) The Sunday Times.
(b) The Guardian.
(c) The Daily Echo.
(d) The New York Post.
4. Who tells Yank to enter the room when he knocks?
(a) All the workers.
(b) The assistant manager.
(c) The manager.
(d) The secretary.
5. Where did Yank's father work?
(a) The Brooklyn waterfront.
(b) The Southampton waterfront.
(c) The San Francisco waterfront.
(d) The Bristol waterfront.
6. What do the voices say Douglas is filthy with?
7. What does Long say the white collar stiffs are asking Jesus for?
(a) More money.
(b) Bigger houses.
(c) More slaves.
(d) More workers.
8. What is the first think Yank does when he wakes up?
(a) Bangs his head against the wall.
(b) Shakes the bars.
(c) Spits at a guard.
(d) Cries for help.
9. How does Yank pronounce thirty?
10. What does Yank refer to the prison guard as?
(a) An ape.
(b) A keeper.
(c) A manager.
(d) A lion tamer.
11. What does Yank say he is wise to?
(a) The world.
(b) The police.
(c) The stiffs.
(d) The game.
12. What word do the prisoners use to refer to the prison officials?
13. Where does Long say Mildred is currently?
(a) A clothes store.
(d) The subway.
14. What day of the week is it in scene five?
15. What do the voices give Senator Queen?
(a) The bark.
(b) The purr.
(c) The whine.
(d) The jeer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a woman cry in ecstasy about?
2. What does Long say will happen if Yank continues to be aggressive?
3. What does Long refer to Yank as when people start exiting the church?
4. What does a voice advise Yank to join if he wants to get back at the girl?
5. What is Yank wearing?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)