|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do most of the men smoke?
2. What does Long say will happen if Yank continues to be aggressive?
(a) The police will come.
(b) They will be mobbed.
(c) They will be hung.
(d) They will bring out the guards.
3. Where does scene seven take place?
(a) A hotel.
(b) The waterfront.
(c) A soup kitchen.
(d) The prison.
4. Who does the fat gentleman call for?
(a) A shoe shiner.
(b) A taxi driver.
(c) A bus conducter.
(d) A police officer.
5. What is one man in the office writing?
(a) A diary.
(b) A telegram.
(c) A story.
(d) A letter.
6. What does Yank refer to the prison guard as?
(a) An ape.
(b) A keeper.
(c) A lion tamer.
(d) A manager.
7. What word do the prisoners use to refer to the prison officials?
8. How does Yank pronounce thirty?
9. What does Yank say he wants to blow up?
(a) The IWW offices.
(b) His ship.
(c) The Steel Trust factory.
(d) The White House.
10. Where is the prison located?
(a) Lover's Island.
(b) Blackwell's Island.
(c) Blackguard's Island.
(d) Cook Island.
11. What does Yank compare prison to?
(a) A soup kitchen.
(b) A ship.
(c) A zoo.
(d) A coal mine.
12. What does Yank try to pull up to use as a club?
(a) A flag pole.
(b) A lamp-post.
(c) A church sign.
(d) A parking sign.
13. Why do the voices decide to let Yank rave?
(a) It will send them to sleep.
(b) They can get rid of him.
(c) It will do him good.
(d) It is fun listening.
14. What does Yank say he will do if the men don't fight?
(a) He will knock them dead.
(b) He will will blow them up.
(c) He will kill their families.
(d) He will raid their houses.
15. Who are Yank and Long waiting for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other prisoners call the prison?
2. What word does Long use for food?
3. What is Yank's girl's surname?
4. What kind of building does Yank point to?
5. What does the fat gentleman yell at Yank?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)