|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of men does the secretary say he needs?
(a) Men who are angry at the world.
(b) Men who stay out of trouble.
(c) Men who can cause trouble.
(d) Men who can hold their jobs.
2. Who are Yank and Long waiting for?
3. Who do the voices think Yank was trying to get even with?
(a) His boss.
(b) His girl.
(c) His workmate.
(d) His father.
4. Where does Yank say the girl belonged?
(a) The heavens.
(b) The window of a toy store.
(c) The upper deck.
(d) The graveyard.
5. What is Yank's face spotted with?
(a) Red scratches.
(b) The chicken pox.
(d) Black and blue bruises.
6. What does Long refer to Yank as when people start exiting the church?
(a) Hairy ape.
7. How does Yank pronounce church?
8. What does Yank say he is wise to?
(a) The world.
(b) The police.
(c) The stiffs.
(d) The game.
9. What does the fat gentleman tell Yank he has made him lose?
(a) His bus.
(b) His car.
(c) His wedding ring.
(d) His hat.
10. What does Yank say Mildred thinks she can get away with?
11. What does Yank call an old lady he approaches?
12. What do the voices say they must organize?
(a) A carnival.
(b) An American bazaar.
(c) A charity dinner.
(d) A charity run.
13. Why do the voices decide to let Yank rave?
(a) It will send them to sleep.
(b) It is fun listening.
(c) It will do him good.
(d) They can get rid of him.
14. What do the voices say Douglas is filthy with?
15. Where did Yank wait for Mildred in Southampton?
(a) In a church.
(b) In the dining hall.
(c) On the promenade deck.
(d) By the gangplank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the prisoners give the word democracy?
2. What day of the week is it in scene five?
3. Where does the man tell Yank to hide the newspaper?
4. What does Yank tell the prisoners he will do if they don't stop kidding him?
5. What do the voices give Senator Queen?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)