|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yank say he will do if the men don't fight?
(a) He will kill their families.
(b) He will raid their houses.
(c) He will will blow them up.
(d) He will knock them dead.
2. What do the other prisoners call the prison?
(a) The old iron house.
(b) The steel cage.
(c) The royal palace.
(d) The chicken coop.
3. What does Yank say his job was?
(a) A steel worker.
(b) A fireman.
(c) A construction worker.
(d) A policeman.
4. What is Yank's real name?
(a) Bob Smith.
(b) James Brown.
(c) Simon Barnes.
(d) Fred Toms.
5. What game does Yank want to play?
6. Where did Yank wait for Mildred in Southampton?
(a) In the dining hall.
(b) By the gangplank.
(c) In a church.
(d) On the promenade deck.
7. What day of the week is it in scene five?
8. Who tells Yank to enter the room when he knocks?
(a) The manager.
(b) All the workers.
(c) The secretary.
(d) The assistant manager.
9. What word does Long use for food?
10. Where does Long say Mildred is currently?
(a) The subway.
(c) A clothes store.
11. Who does the fat gentleman call for?
(a) A taxi driver.
(b) A shoe shiner.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A bus conducter.
12. What is Yank wearing?
(a) An Italian suit.
(b) Dirty dungarees.
(c) Jeans and a t-shirt.
(d) A soldiers uniform.
13. What kind of animal does Yank say brought the girl into the stoke hole?
(a) A pig.
(b) A dog.
(c) A bull.
(d) A cat.
14. What kind of tie does Long wear?
(a) A Windsor tie.
(b) A London tie.
(c) A Buckingham tie.
(d) A Winchester tie.
15. How does the author describe Yank's eyes?
(a) All seeing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the voices say they must organize?
2. What does Yank tell the prisoners to watch?
3. What was the name of the senator who made a speech in senate?
4. What does Long do when he realizes Yank won't stop causing trouble?
5. How does Yank pronounce thirty?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)