|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yank say Mildred thinks she can get away with?
2. What word do the prisoners use to refer to the prison officials?
3. Who does Long say should keep off the grass in fifth avenue?
4. What do the voices say Douglas is filthy with?
5. Where does the man tell Yank to hide the newspaper?
(a) Under his mattress.
(b) Behind the toliet.
(c) Under his pillow,
(d) In his jacket.
6. What does IWW stand for?
(a) Institute of Wronged Workers.
(b) Industrial Workers of the World.
(c) International Wreckers of the World.
(d) Irish Workers of the World.
7. What do the voices give Senator Queen?
(a) The purr.
(b) The bark.
(c) The jeer.
(d) The whine.
8. What does Yank think the IWW want to do?
(a) Murder company presidents.
(b) Blow things up.
(c) Take over America.
(d) Get with society women.
9. What does the fat gentleman tell Yank he has made him lose?
(a) His bus.
(b) His car.
(c) His hat.
(d) His wedding ring.
10. Where do the voices say they have seen Douglas' picture?
(a) The magazines.
(b) The cinema.
(c) The newspapers.
(d) The television.
11. What does Yank tell the prisoners he will do if they don't stop kidding him?
(a) Bust open their faces.
(b) Tear off their ears.
(c) Rip up their guts.
(d) Bust them all in the jaw.
12. What does a voice advise Yank to join if he wants to get back at the girl?
(a) The army.
(b) The Steel Workers.
(c) The navy.
(d) The Wobblies.
13. How does the author describe Yank's eyes?
(d) All seeing.
14. What is wrapped around Yank's head?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A bandana.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A bandage.
15. What does Yank say he would show the senator?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the prisoners give the word democracy?
2. How does Yank pronounce church?
3. What is one man in the office writing?
4. How do the voices pronounce the word other?
5. What animal does Yank say doesn't talk?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)