|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word do the prisoners use to refer to the prison officials?
2. What do the voices give Senator Queen?
(a) The whine.
(b) The purr.
(c) The jeer.
(d) The bark.
3. Where does Yank say the girl belonged?
(a) The window of a toy store.
(b) The graveyard.
(c) The upper deck.
(d) The heavens.
4. What does Long say will happen if Yank continues to be aggressive?
(a) The police will come.
(b) They will be hung.
(c) They will be mobbed.
(d) They will bring out the guards.
5. What does Yank say is a joke?
(a) The shops.
(c) Mildred's father.
(d) His job.
6. How does Yank refer to the girl?
(a) An ugly bint.
(b) A posh corpse.
(c) A first cabin stiff.
(d) A rich tart.
7. What does the gentleman say to Yank when he bumps into him?
(a) Excuse me sir.
(b) Are you from around here.
(c) I beg your pardon.
(d) Who do you think you are.
8. What does a voice say will happen if people don't calm down?
(a) They will be given a longer sentence.
(b) The guards will come down.
(c) The guards will put Yank into isolation.
(d) The alarms will sound.
9. What does the guard say he will get if the men don't quieten down?
(a) The warden.
(b) The priest.
(c) The hose.
(d) The dogs.
10. What do the voices say Douglas is filthy with?
11. Where does the man tell Yank to hide the newspaper?
(a) Under his pillow,
(b) Under his mattress.
(c) In his jacket.
(d) Behind the toliet.
12. Where do the voices say they have seen Douglas' picture?
(a) The television.
(b) The cinema.
(c) The magazines.
(d) The newspapers.
13. What does IWW stand for?
(a) International Wreckers of the World.
(b) Irish Workers of the World.
(c) Industrial Workers of the World.
(d) Institute of Wronged Workers.
14. Who does Long say should keep off the grass in fifth avenue?
15. What kind of men does the secretary say he needs?
(a) Men who can cause trouble.
(b) Men who are angry at the world.
(c) Men who can hold their jobs.
(d) Men who stay out of trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Long use for food?
2. What does the Secretary they have none of?
3. What is wrapped around Yank's head?
4. What does Long refer to Yank as when people start exiting the church?
5. Where did Yank's father work?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)