|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the voices give Senator Queen?
(a) The whine.
(b) The jeer.
(c) The purr.
(d) The bark.
2. What metal are the bars of the cell made from?
3. How does the author describe Yank's eyes?
(c) All seeing.
4. What does Yank say is a joke?
(a) The shops.
(b) Mildred's father.
(c) His job.
5. Who tells Yank to enter the room when he knocks?
(a) The assistant manager.
(b) The secretary.
(c) All the workers.
(d) The manager.
6. What does Yank say he wants to blow up?
(a) The IWW offices.
(b) The White House.
(c) The Steel Trust factory.
(d) His ship.
7. Who do the voices think Yank was trying to get even with?
(a) His workmate.
(b) His girl.
(c) His father.
(d) His boss.
8. What kind of men does the secretary say he needs?
(a) Men who can hold their jobs.
(b) Men who are angry at the world.
(c) Men who stay out of trouble.
(d) Men who can cause trouble.
9. Why do the voices decide to let Yank rave?
(a) It will send them to sleep.
(b) It will do him good.
(c) It is fun listening.
(d) They can get rid of him.
10. What do the voices say the sermon was about?
(a) The radicals.
(b) The Nazis.
(c) The communists.
(d) The delinquents.
11. How does Yank pronounce church?
12. What is the first think Yank does when he wakes up?
(a) Bangs his head against the wall.
(b) Cries for help.
(c) Shakes the bars.
(d) Spits at a guard.
13. What does Yank say he would show the senator?
14. What does the Secretary they have none of?
15. What does Yank tell the prisoners to watch?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His girl.
(c) His next move.
(d) His smoke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Yank's father work?
2. What does Yank say he could eat off the sidewalk?
3. What does IWW stand for?
4. What does Yank compare prison to?
5. What kind of tie does Long wear?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)