|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the voices say Douglas is filthy with?
2. Where does Long say Mildred is currently?
(a) A clothes store.
(c) The subway.
3. What does the fat gentleman tell Yank he has made him lose?
(a) His car.
(b) His bus.
(c) His wedding ring.
(d) His hat.
4. What does Yank say he could eat off the sidewalk?
(a) A fried egg.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) A pizza.
(d) A steak.
5. What does the guard tell Ben to turn on Yank?
(a) The lazers.
(b) The sprinklers.
(c) The dogs.
(d) The hose.
6. What animal does Yank say doesn't talk?
7. What game are two of the men in the office playing?
8. What do the voices say they must organize?
(a) A charity run.
(b) A carnival.
(c) A charity dinner.
(d) An American bazaar.
9. Where does the man tell Yank to hide the newspaper?
(a) In his jacket.
(b) Under his mattress.
(c) Behind the toliet.
(d) Under his pillow,
10. What does Yank tell the prisoners he will do if they don't stop kidding him?
(a) Tear off their ears.
(b) Rip up their guts.
(c) Bust them all in the jaw.
(d) Bust open their faces.
11. What is one man in the office writing?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A diary.
(c) A story.
(d) A letter.
12. What does Yank say is the charge against him?
(a) He is an ape.
(b) He is a worker.
(c) He is alive.
(d) He was born.
13. What does Yank say he would show the senator?
14. What does Yank think the IWW want to do?
(a) Blow things up.
(b) Murder company presidents.
(c) Get with society women.
(d) Take over America.
15. Where did Yank wait for Mildred in Southampton?
(a) In a church.
(b) By the gangplank.
(c) In the dining hall.
(d) On the promenade deck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Long do when he realizes Yank won't stop causing trouble?
2. What newspaper does a voice say a guard gave him?
3. What does Yank refer to the prison guard as?
4. What does Yank tell the prisoners to watch?
5. What does a woman cry in ecstasy about?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)