|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yank say is a joke?
(a) His job.
(b) Mildred's father.
(d) The shops.
2. What does Long say will happen if Yank continues to be aggressive?
(a) They will be hung.
(b) The police will come.
(c) They will be mobbed.
(d) They will bring out the guards.
3. Where does scene six take place?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A fire station.
(c) A prison.
(d) A police station.
4. What does Yank tell the prisoners he will do if they don't stop kidding him?
(a) Bust them all in the jaw.
(b) Rip up their guts.
(c) Tear off their ears.
(d) Bust open their faces.
5. What do the prisoners give the word democracy?
(a) A laugh.
(b) A whistle.
(c) A raspberry.
(d) A jeer.
6. What is wrapped around Yank's head?
(a) A bandage.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A bandana.
(d) A scarf.
7. Where does Yank say his parents took him when he was a kid?
(a) The theater.
(b) The fair.
8. What is one man in the office writing?
(a) A story.
(b) A diary.
(c) A telegram.
(d) A letter.
9. What do the voices give Senator Queen?
(a) The jeer.
(b) The bark.
(c) The whine.
(d) The purr.
10. What does a voice say will happen if people don't calm down?
(a) They will be given a longer sentence.
(b) The guards will put Yank into isolation.
(c) The guards will come down.
(d) The alarms will sound.
11. Who do the voices think Yank was trying to get even with?
(a) His father.
(b) His girl.
(c) His boss.
(d) His workmate.
12. What does Yank compare prison to?
(a) A zoo.
(b) A soup kitchen.
(c) A coal mine.
(d) A ship.
13. What do the voices say they must organize?
(a) An American bazaar.
(b) A charity run.
(c) A carnival.
(d) A charity dinner.
14. Who does Long say should keep off the grass in fifth avenue?
15. What does the fat gentleman tell Yank he has made him lose?
(a) His car.
(b) His bus.
(c) His hat.
(d) His wedding ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yank think the IWW want to do?
2. What does Long say the white collar stiffs are asking Jesus for?
3. What does a voice say happens to Yank's spit?
4. What game are two of the men in the office playing?
5. What do the voices say the sermon was about?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)