|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Yank to enter the room when he knocks?
(a) The secretary.
(b) The assistant manager.
(c) The manager.
(d) All the workers.
2. What does a voice advise Yank to join if he wants to get back at the girl?
(a) The army.
(b) The navy.
(c) The Steel Workers.
(d) The Wobblies.
3. What is the first think Yank does when he wakes up?
(a) Shakes the bars.
(b) Bangs his head against the wall.
(c) Cries for help.
(d) Spits at a guard.
4. Where is the prison located?
(a) Cook Island.
(b) Blackwell's Island.
(c) Lover's Island.
(d) Blackguard's Island.
5. What kind of men does the secretary say he needs?
(a) Men who can cause trouble.
(b) Men who stay out of trouble.
(c) Men who can hold their jobs.
(d) Men who are angry at the world.
6. Where does Long say Mildred is currently?
(a) The subway.
(d) A clothes store.
7. What does a voice say happens to Yank's spit?
(a) It goes through walls.
(b) It turns rock hard.
(c) It bounces.
(d) It sticks like glue.
8. What does Yank think the IWW want to do?
(a) Murder company presidents.
(b) Blow things up.
(c) Take over America.
(d) Get with society women.
9. Where does scene six take place?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A police station.
(c) A fire station.
(d) A prison.
10. What does Yank say he wants to blow up?
(a) The IWW offices.
(b) The Steel Trust factory.
(c) The White House.
(d) His ship.
11. What is one man in the office writing?
(a) A letter.
(b) A telegram.
(c) A story.
(d) A diary.
12. What word does Long use for food?
13. What is Yank's real name?
(a) Simon Barnes.
(b) Fred Toms.
(c) Bob Smith.
(d) James Brown.
14. What do the voices say Douglas is filthy with?
15. Where does the man tell Yank to hide the newspaper?
(a) Under his pillow,
(b) Behind the toliet.
(c) In his jacket.
(d) Under his mattress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day of the week is it in scene five?
2. What do the prisoners give the word democracy?
3. What does Yank say he is wise to?
4. What does Long refer to Yank as when people start exiting the church?
5. What is wrapped around Yank's head?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)