|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of tie does Long wear?
(a) A London tie.
(b) A Buckingham tie.
(c) A Winchester tie.
(d) A Windsor tie.
2. What kind of cap does Yank wear?
(a) A soldier's cap.
(b) An officer's cap.
(c) A huntsman's cap.
(d) A fireman's cap.
3. What kind of animal does Yank say brought the girl into the stoke hole?
(a) A cat.
(b) A bull.
(c) A pig.
(d) A dog.
4. Who tells Yank to enter the room when he knocks?
(a) All the workers.
(b) The secretary.
(c) The manager.
(d) The assistant manager.
5. What does the guard ask Ben to fetch for Hank?
(a) A bandage.
(b) A monkey suit.
(c) A strait jacket.
(d) A new set of clothes.
6. What does Yank say he wants to blow up?
(a) The White House.
(b) The Steel Trust factory.
(c) The IWW offices.
(d) His ship.
7. What do the voices say the sermon was about?
(a) The communists.
(b) The delinquents.
(c) The Nazis.
(d) The radicals.
8. Where does scene seven take place?
(a) A soup kitchen.
(b) The waterfront.
(c) The prison.
(d) A hotel.
9. What kind of building does Yank point to?
(a) A sky scraper.
(b) A department store.
(c) A tenement builidng.
(d) An apartment building.
10. Where does scene six take place?
(a) A fire station.
(b) A police station.
(c) A prison.
(d) A hospital.
11. What does Long say will happen if Yank continues to be aggressive?
(a) The police will come.
(b) They will be mobbed.
(c) They will be hung.
(d) They will bring out the guards.
12. What game does Yank want to play?
13. Where did Yank's father work?
(a) The Bristol waterfront.
(b) The Southampton waterfront.
(c) The San Francisco waterfront.
(d) The Brooklyn waterfront.
14. What word do the prisoners use to refer to the prison officials?
15. What does the guard say he will get if the men don't quieten down?
(a) The dogs.
(b) The priest.
(c) The warden.
(d) The hose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the voices think Yank was trying to get even with?
2. What newspaper does a voice say a guard gave him?
3. What do the voices say they must organize?
4. Who are Yank and Long waiting for?
5. What do the other prisoners call the prison?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)