|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the voices say the sermon was about?
(a) The delinquents.
(b) The Nazis.
(c) The communists.
(d) The radicals.
2. What is Yank's girl's surname?
3. Where does scene seven take place?
(a) The waterfront.
(b) A soup kitchen.
(c) A hotel.
(d) The prison.
4. What kind of building does Yank point to?
(a) A sky scraper.
(b) A department store.
(c) A tenement builidng.
(d) An apartment building.
5. What does Yank say Mildred thinks she can get away with?
6. Where does scene six take place?
(a) A police station.
(b) A prison.
(c) A fire station.
(d) A hospital.
7. What does Yank say is the charge against him?
(a) He is a worker.
(b) He was born.
(c) He is alive.
(d) He is an ape.
8. What does the guard ask Ben to fetch for Hank?
(a) A monkey suit.
(b) A new set of clothes.
(c) A bandage.
(d) A strait jacket.
9. How does the author describe Yank's eyes?
(d) All seeing.
10. What is one man in the office writing?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A letter.
(c) A story.
(d) A diary.
11. What does a woman cry in ecstasy about?
(a) A pink Cadillac.
(b) Monkey fur.
(c) Diamond earrings.
(d) A working class man.
12. What does Yank tell the prisoners to watch?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His smoke.
(c) His girl.
(d) His next move.
13. What word do the prisoners use to refer to the prison officials?
14. What kind of men does the secretary say he needs?
(a) Men who are angry at the world.
(b) Men who can hold their jobs.
(c) Men who can cause trouble.
(d) Men who stay out of trouble.
15. What is the first think Yank does when he wakes up?
(a) Cries for help.
(b) Bangs his head against the wall.
(c) Shakes the bars.
(d) Spits at a guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the prison located?
2. What do most of the men smoke?
3. What word does Long use for food?
4. What does Long say the white collar stiffs are asking Jesus for?
5. Who are Yank and Long waiting for?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)