|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the color of Mildred's clothes?
2. What do the men say Yank will get if he does not wash?
(a) The measles.
(b) The scurvy.
(c) The flu.
(d) The itch.
3. What does Paddy say ten doctors and nurses will be feeding Mildred?
(b) Ice cream.
4. What does Yank say is the ship's middle name?
5. What is Yank's nickname for Paddy?
(c) Mr. Whiskey.
6. What Irish city does Yank mention in the third scene?
7. What does Paddy say he wished Yank did to Mildred?
(a) Kissed her.
(b) Brained her.
(c) Slapped her.
(d) Growled at her.
8. What does Yank tell the men to pile the furnace with?
(a) Anything that packs a punch.
(d) The gourmet stuff.
9. What kind of metal does Yank say he is?
10. What drink do the voices say is doped?
11. What do the others respect about Yank?
(a) His superior strength.
(b) His gentleness.
(c) His superior intellect.
(d) His kindness.
12. What kind of expression does the coal dust give the men?
(a) A sinister expression.
(b) A gothic expression.
(c) A puppet expression.
(d) A comedic expression.
13. What work does Mildred say sounds thrilling?
14. What color does Paddy say the ocean is?
15. What does Yank say is the matter with him?
(a) He is tired.
(b) He has fallen in love.
(c) He has fallen in hate.
(d) He is lonely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal do the men say the dirt will make spot on Yank like?
2. Which of Paddy's words do the men repeat?
3. What does Mildred call the second engineer when he leaves?
4. What does Long say is Mildred's father's political beliefs?
5. What does the author compare the mens' throats to?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)