|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yank shout at the "Belfast bum" for doing?
(a) Closing the furnace door.
(b) Doing nothing.
(c) Talking too loudly.
(d) Pulling on the whistle.
2. In what country does Yank sing a lass waits for him?
3. What does Yank tell the men he is trying to do?
4. Who are the men staring at?
(c) The Yank.
(d) The captain.
5. What does Yank say he will join?
(a) St. John's Ambulance.
(b) The nunnery.
(c) The monastry.
(d) The Salvation Army.
6. What drink do the voices say is doped?
7. What animal does the author compare to the Yank's face?
(a) A horse.
(b) A gorilla.
(c) A bull.
(d) A monkey.
8. What does Paddy say Mildred was dressed like when she came into the stokehole?
(a) A white quane.
(b) A cherub.
(c) A heavenly angel.
(d) A white swan.
9. Where does Paddy say Midred's father is making money?
(a) South Africa.
(b) Wall Street.
(c) The Congo.
(d) Fleet Street.
10. What does Mildred say age makes a person?
11. What does the author compare the mens' throats to?
(a) Ship whistles.
(b) Phonograph horns.
(c) Opera singers.
12. What does Yank say Paddy is always doing?
13. What do the sailors say rhymes with drink?
14. Who does Paddy sing whiskey is the life of?
(a) The Gods.
15. What does Mildred say she will do with her dress if she gets it dirty?
(a) Give to one of the workers.
(b) Use it for rags.
(c) Put it in the washing machine.
(d) Throw it into the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mildred study at university?
2. What does a voice say Yank has scared Mildred out of?
3. What does Mildred tell the second engineer she dislikes?
4. What does Long say Mildred's father has a enough gold to do?
5. What does Long say is Mildred's father's political beliefs?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)