|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paddy tell his crew he is never too drunk to do?
2. Where does scene three take place?
(a) The upper deck.
(b) The engine room.
(c) The stokehole.
(d) The captain's cabin.
3. What quality does the author say the men give the word love?
(a) A timeless quality.
(b) A metallic quality.
(c) A dusty quality.
(d) A rusty quality.
4. What does Paddy say the engineer told Mildred they roast their workers in?
(a) The flames of hell.
(b) The ship's anger.
(c) Their own sweat.
(d) Her father's money.
5. What does Mildred call the Yank?
(a) A mad monster.
(b) A dirty ape.
(c) A devil.
(d) A filthy beast.
6. What does the author say the rivelets of sweat have traced on the mens' backs?
7. What does Yank tell the men he is trying to do?
8. What does Yank say is his favorite climate?
9. In what country does Yank sing a lass waits for him?
10. What does Yank say he will join?
(a) The monastry.
(b) St. John's Ambulance.
(c) The nunnery.
(d) The Salvation Army.
11. What does Long say Mildred's father has a enough gold to do?
(a) Buy America.
(b) Buy them each a mansion.
(c) Sink the Titanic.
(d) Sink the ship.
12. What does Mildred say age makes a person?
13. Where does scene four take place?
(a) The engine room.
(b) The promenade deck.
(c) The stoker's room.
(d) The fireman's forecastle.
14. What does a voice say Yank has scared Mildred out of?
(a) Coming in to the stokers hole.
(b) Talking to the working classes.
(c) Leaving her home.
(d) A year' growth.
15. What does Yank say he has forgotten?
(c) Real life.
(d) His women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drink do the voices say is doped?
2. Which of Paddy's words do the men repeat?
3. What does Mildred call the second engineer when he leaves?
4. What does Yank say is the matter with him?
5. What kind of ship is the Flying Dutchman?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)