|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yank tell the men he is trying to do?
2. What does Yank say he thought Mildred was?
(a) A manager.
(b) A ghost.
(c) An angel.
(d) A worker.
3. What word Yank uses do the men repeat?
4. Who turns Yank to stone?
(a) The second engineer.
(d) The fourth engineer.
5. What does Paddy say he wished Yank did to Mildred?
(a) Slapped her.
(b) Brained her.
(c) Growled at her.
(d) Kissed her.
6. What does Yank say is the matter with him?
(a) He is tired.
(b) He is lonely.
(c) He has fallen in hate.
(d) He has fallen in love.
7. What does the Yank hurl at the door when Mildred leaves?
(a) A plate.
(b) An axe.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A shovel.
8. What does Yank tell Paddy he is as nutty as?
(a) A nun.
(b) A monk.
(c) A bug.
(d) A cuckoo.
9. What does Yank shout at the "Belfast bum" for doing?
(a) Doing nothing.
(b) Closing the furnace door.
(c) Talking too loudly.
(d) Pulling on the whistle.
10. What does Long say the engineers were exhibiting them like?
11. What does Long call Mildred?
(a) A patronising piebald.
(b) A frigid cow.
(c) A bloody cow.
(d) A horse face.
12. How does O'Neill describe Mildred's aunt?
(a) Selfish and uncaring.
(b) Pompous and proud.
(c) Gentle and loving.
(d) Fun and jovial.
13. What does Mildred say she will do with her dress if she gets it dirty?
(a) Give to one of the workers.
(b) Throw it into the sea.
(c) Put it in the washing machine.
(d) Use it for rags.
14. What do the others respect about Yank?
(a) His superior intellect.
(b) His kindness.
(c) His superior strength.
(d) His gentleness.
15. What kind of weather does Yank tell Paddy he stands for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mildred say age makes a person?
2. What does Yank tell the men to pile the furnace with?
3. What does Long say Mildred's father has a enough gold to do?
4. What drink do the voices say is doped?
5. What does Yank tell his friends to choke off?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)