|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does scene four take place?
(a) The engine room.
(b) The stoker's room.
(c) The fireman's forecastle.
(d) The promenade deck.
2. What word Yank uses do the men repeat?
3. What does Yank say all the engineers are?
(a) Big heads.
4. What kind of weather does Yank tell Paddy he stands for?
5. Where does scene three take place?
(a) The upper deck.
(b) The stokehole.
(c) The engine room.
(d) The captain's cabin.
6. What does Yank tell the men he is trying to do?
7. What drink do the voices want Paddy to sing about?
8. What does Yank think Mildred called him?
(a) A hairy ape.
(b) A filthy beast.
(c) A Negro slave.
(d) A black knight.
9. Where does Paddy say Midred's father is making money?
(a) South Africa.
(b) Wall Street.
(c) The Congo.
(d) Fleet Street.
10. How does Yank pronounce the word think?
11. What animal does the author compare to the Yank's face?
(a) A horse.
(b) A gorilla.
(c) A bull.
(d) A monkey.
12. What does Paddy say Mildred was dressed like when she came into the stokehole?
(a) A white quane.
(b) A white swan.
(c) A heavenly angel.
(d) A cherub.
13. What does a voice say Yank has scared Mildred out of?
(a) A year' growth.
(b) Talking to the working classes.
(c) Coming in to the stokers hole.
(d) Leaving her home.
14. Who are the men staring at?
(a) The captain.
(d) The Yank.
15. Of what company is Mildred's father the president?
(a) Nazareth Steel.
(c) Gordon's Whiskey.
(d) Ford Motors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paddy say ten doctors and nurses will be feeding Mildred?
2. What drink do the voices say is doped?
3. Who turns Yank to stone?
4. Who do most of the men smoke?
5. What do the sailors say rhymes with drink?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)