|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say the rivelets of sweat have traced on the mens' backs?
2. What does Long say the engineers were exhibiting them like?
3. What nationality does Yank say beer is for?
4. Where do the voices say they are going to after hell?
(a) New York.
5. What does Mildred say her grandfather used to work as?
(a) A carpenter.
(b) A miner.
(c) A mechanic.
(d) A puddler.
6. What does Paddy say ten doctors and nurses will be feeding Mildred?
(b) Ice cream.
7. What does Mildred call the Yank?
(a) A devil.
(b) A mad monster.
(c) A dirty ape.
(d) A filthy beast.
8. What does the Yank hurl at the door when Mildred leaves?
(a) A hammer.
(b) An axe.
(c) A plate.
(d) A shovel.
9. What does Yank say is his favorite climate?
10. What does Paddy do while Yank delivers his speech?
(a) Rolls his eyes.
(c) Makes faces.
11. What kind of pipe does Mildred say her grandmother smoked?
(a) A clay pipe.
(b) A wooden pipe.
(c) An Indian pipe.
(d) A gentleman's pipe.
12. What work does Mildred say sounds thrilling?
13. What does Yank say all the engineers are?
(a) Big heads.
14. What animal does the author compare to the Yank's face?
(a) A gorilla.
(b) A horse.
(c) A bull.
(d) A monkey.
15. What does Yank tell the men he is trying to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt tell Mildred she loathes?
2. What do the sailors say rhymes with drink?
3. What does Mildred see swirling against the sky?
4. What does Mildred call the second engineer when he leaves?
5. Who does Paddy sing whiskey is the life of?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)