|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mildred say she will do with her dress if she gets it dirty?
(a) Use it for rags.
(b) Throw it into the sea.
(c) Give to one of the workers.
(d) Put it in the washing machine.
2. What does the author say makes a teeth gritting sound?
(a) The scrape of boots against the steel floor.
(b) The opening of the furnace doors.
(c) The grind of steel against steel.
(d) The grunts of the men.
3. What does Yank say he has forgotten?
(a) His women.
(d) Real life.
4. Of what company is Mildred's father the president?
(b) Gordon's Whiskey.
(c) Nazareth Steel.
(d) Ford Motors.
5. What drink do the voices want Paddy to sing about?
6. What does the Yank hurl at the door when Mildred leaves?
(a) An axe.
(b) A shovel.
(c) A plate.
(d) A hammer.
7. What does Long say the engineers were exhibiting them like?
8. What does Long call Mildred?
(a) A frigid cow.
(b) A patronising piebald.
(c) A bloody cow.
(d) A horse face.
9. What does Yank say Paddy is always doing?
10. What does Mildred say age makes a person?
11. What work does Mildred say sounds thrilling?
12. What animal does the author compare to the Yank's face?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A gorilla.
(c) A horse.
(d) A bull.
13. What does Yank say is the matter with him?
(a) He is lonely.
(b) He has fallen in love.
(c) He is tired.
(d) He has fallen in hate.
14. What does Mildred's aunt call her as Mildred walks away?
(c) Cow head.
15. What does Yank shout at the "Belfast bum" for doing?
(a) Talking too loudly.
(b) Pulling on the whistle.
(c) Closing the furnace door.
(d) Doing nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the others respect about Yank?
2. What do the men use to throw open the furnace doors?
3. What do the men say Yank will get if he does not wash?
4. What animal do the men say the dirt will make spot on Yank like?
5. What does Mildred see swirling against the sky?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)