|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yank say he will do to Mildred?
(a) Rip the plum from her mouth.
(b) Wipe off her smile.
(c) Bust her face open.
(d) Tear her stomach open.
2. What does Paddy say is broke?
(a) His heart.
(b) His will.
(c) His back.
(d) His legs.
3. Who turns Yank to stone?
(c) The fourth engineer.
(d) The second engineer.
4. What does Yank tell his friends to choke off?
(a) The noise.
(b) The card game.
(c) The engines.
(d) The jokes.
5. What does Yank say he thought Mildred was?
(a) An angel.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A manager.
(d) A worker.
6. Who does Paddy sing whiskey is the life of?
(b) The Gods.
7. How does Yank pronounce the word think?
8. What does Yank shout at the "Belfast bum" for doing?
(a) Closing the furnace door.
(b) Doing nothing.
(c) Pulling on the whistle.
(d) Talking too loudly.
9. What does Paddy tell his crew he is never too drunk to do?
10. What does Mildred call the Yank?
(a) A devil.
(b) A filthy beast.
(c) A dirty ape.
(d) A mad monster.
11. What does Yank say he has forgotten?
(a) His women.
(c) Real life.
12. What is the name of the song Paddy sings at the end of the first scene?
(a) The Stoker's Wife.
(b) My Home Back Home.
(c) Lincoln of Green.
(d) Muler of Dee.
13. What animal does O'Neill compare Paddy's face to?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A lion.
(c) A horse.
(d) A bull.
14. What did Mildred study at university?
15. What Irish city does Yank mention in the third scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Yank's nickname for Paddy?
2. What quality does the author say the men give the word love?
3. What does Paddy say Mildred was dressed like when she came into the stokehole?
4. What does Long say Mildred's father has a enough gold to do?
5. What does Yank think Mildred called him?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)