|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of weather does Yank tell Paddy he stands for?
2. What did Mildred study at university?
3. What does Yank say is the ship's booze?
(b) The waves.
(c) The wind.
4. What kind of metal does Yank say he is?
5. What do the others respect about Yank?
(a) His gentleness.
(b) His superior strength.
(c) His kindness.
(d) His superior intellect.
6. What does the Yank hurl at the door when Mildred leaves?
(a) A plate.
(b) An axe.
(c) A shovel.
(d) A hammer.
7. Who does Long say told him about Mildred?
(a) A cabin boy.
(b) A steward.
(c) An engineer.
(d) The captain.
8. What is the name of the song Paddy sings at the end of the first scene?
(a) Muler of Dee.
(b) My Home Back Home.
(c) The Stoker's Wife.
(d) Lincoln of Green.
9. Where does scene four take place?
(a) The stoker's room.
(b) The fireman's forecastle.
(c) The promenade deck.
(d) The engine room.
10. What does Paddy say ten doctors and nurses will be feeding Mildred?
(b) Ice cream.
11. What drink do the voices say is doped?
12. What does Yank think Mildred called him?
(a) A black knight.
(b) A hairy ape.
(c) A filthy beast.
(d) A Negro slave.
13. What does Mildred call her aunt before she leaves?
(a) Old hag.
(d) Horse chops.
14. What does Paddy say the engineer told Mildred they roast their workers in?
(a) The flames of hell.
(b) Their own sweat.
(c) Her father's money.
(d) The ship's anger.
15. Which two engineers arrive in the stoke room with Mildred?
(a) The third and fourth.
(b) The second and fourth.
(c) The first and third.
(d) The first and second.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yank say he can breathe and swallow?
2. What does Aunt tell Mildred she loathes?
3. What is Yank's nickname for Paddy?
4. What does Yank say is his favorite climate?
5. How does O'Neill describe Mildred's aunt?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)