Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paddy say he wished Yank did to Mildred?
(a) Slapped her.
(b) Brained her.
(c) Growled at her.
(d) Kissed her.
2. What does Yank say is his favorite climate?
3. What animal does the author compare to the Yank's face?
(a) A bull.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A horse.
(d) A gorilla.
4. Where does the coal stick to the men?
(a) The hair.
(b) Their nails.
(c) Their ears.
(d) Their eyes.
5. What gives enough light to create shadows?
(a) A light bulb.
(b) A flashlight.
(c) A candle.
(d) A gaslight.
6. What does Paddy do while Yank delivers his speech?
(c) Makes faces.
(d) Rolls his eyes.
7. What color does Paddy say the ocean is?
8. What does a voice say Yank has scared Mildred out of?
(a) Coming in to the stokers hole.
(b) Talking to the working classes.
(c) Leaving her home.
(d) A year' growth.
9. What work does Mildred say sounds thrilling?
10. What is Yank's nickname for Paddy?
(b) Mr. Whiskey.
11. What does Aunt tell Mildred she loathes?
12. What does Mildred see swirling against the sky?
(a) Grey smoke.
(b) Black smoke.
(d) Red clouds.
13. What does the author say the bodies of the men shine with?
14. What do the men say Yank will get if he does not wash?
(a) The scurvy.
(b) The itch.
(c) The measles.
(d) The flu.
15. What does Paddy say the engineer told Mildred they roast their workers in?
(a) The flames of hell.
(b) Their own sweat.
(c) The ship's anger.
(d) Her father's money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Paddy's words do the men repeat?
2. What do the others respect about Yank?
3. What quality does the author say the men give the word love?
4. Which two engineers arrive in the stoke room with Mildred?
5. What does Yank say is the matter with him?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)