|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Paddy say Midred's father is making money?
(a) South Africa.
(b) Wall Street.
(c) Fleet Street.
(d) The Congo.
2. What does Long say the engineers were exhibiting them like?
3. What word Yank uses do the men repeat?
4. What does Yank say he could see through Mildred's hands?
(a) Her bones.
(b) Her face.
(c) Her soul.
(d) Her dress.
5. Where do the voices say they are going to after hell?
(d) New York.
6. What animal do the men say the dirt will make spot on Yank like?
(a) A cougar.
(b) A zebra.
(c) A dalmation.
(d) A leopard.
7. What does Aunt tell Mildred she loathes?
8. What color does Paddy say the ocean is?
9. Of what company is Mildred's father the president?
(b) Gordon's Whiskey.
(c) Nazareth Steel.
(d) Ford Motors.
10. What kind of metal does Yank say he is?
11. What does Yank say is his favorite climate?
12. What is the color of Mildred's clothes?
13. What does Yank think Mildred called him?
(a) A hairy ape.
(b) A filthy beast.
(c) A black knight.
(d) A Negro slave.
14. Which two engineers arrive in the stoke room with Mildred?
(a) The third and fourth.
(b) The second and fourth.
(c) The first and third.
(d) The first and second.
15. What do the others respect about Yank?
(a) His kindness.
(b) His superior strength.
(c) His superior intellect.
(d) His gentleness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say the bodies of the men shine with?
2. What does Yank tell the men to pile the furnace with?
3. What does the Yank hurl at the door when Mildred leaves?
4. What is Yank's nickname for Paddy?
5. What do the men say Yank has forgotten to do?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)