|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yank say he could see through Mildred's hands?
(a) Her dress.
(b) Her bones.
(c) Her soul.
(d) Her face.
2. Where does the coal stick to the men?
(a) Their eyes.
(b) The hair.
(c) Their nails.
(d) Their ears.
3. What does the Yank hurl at the door when Mildred leaves?
(a) A shovel.
(b) A plate.
(c) An axe.
(d) A hammer.
4. What does Mildred tell the second engineer she dislikes?
5. What does Yank tell the men he is trying to do?
6. What does Mildred see swirling against the sky?
(b) Red clouds.
(c) Black smoke.
(d) Grey smoke.
7. How does Yank describe Mildred's hands?
(a) Wrinkly and old.
(b) Scabby and hard.
(c) Cracked and dirty.
(d) White and skinny.
8. What work does Mildred say sounds thrilling?
9. What does Yank say all the engineers are?
(a) Big heads.
10. What kind of weather does Yank tell Paddy he stands for?
11. What did Mildred study at university?
12. What does Yank say he will join?
(a) The monastry.
(b) The nunnery.
(c) The Salvation Army.
(d) St. John's Ambulance.
13. Who turns Yank to stone?
(a) The fourth engineer.
(d) The second engineer.
14. What drink do the voices say is doped?
15. What kind of metal does Yank say he is?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of expression does the coal dust give the men?
2. What do the men say Yank will get if he does not wash?
3. What does Long say the engineers were exhibiting them like?
4. What does Yank tell his friends to choke off?
5. What do the others respect about Yank?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)