|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mildred's aunt call her as Mildred walks away?
(b) Cow head.
2. What kind of metal does Yank say he is?
3. What do the men use to throw open the furnace doors?
(b) Pick axes.
(d) Crow bars.
4. What does Yank say he could see through Mildred's hands?
(a) Her face.
(b) Her soul.
(c) Her bones.
(d) Her dress.
5. What nationality does Yank say beer is for?
6. What is the name of the song Paddy sings at the end of the first scene?
(a) Lincoln of Green.
(b) Muler of Dee.
(c) My Home Back Home.
(d) The Stoker's Wife.
7. Of what company is Mildred's father the president?
(a) Nazareth Steel.
(b) Gordon's Whiskey.
(d) Ford Motors.
8. Where does scene three take place?
(a) The stokehole.
(b) The upper deck.
(c) The captain's cabin.
(d) The engine room.
9. Where does Paddy say Midred's father is making money?
(a) Fleet Street.
(b) South Africa.
(c) Wall Street.
(d) The Congo.
10. What does Yank say Paddy is always doing?
11. What animal do the men say the dirt will make spot on Yank like?
(a) A zebra.
(b) A cougar.
(c) A dalmation.
(d) A leopard.
12. What does Paddy say the engineer told Mildred they roast their workers in?
(a) Her father's money.
(b) The flames of hell.
(c) The ship's anger.
(d) Their own sweat.
13. What does Long call Mildred?
(a) A frigid cow.
(b) A horse face.
(c) A bloody cow.
(d) A patronising piebald.
14. What does Yank think Mildred called him?
(a) A Negro slave.
(b) A hairy ape.
(c) A black knight.
(d) A filthy beast.
15. What Irish city does Yank mention in the third scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men say Yank will get if he does not wash?
2. What animal does the author compare to the Yank's face?
3. In what country does Yank sing a lass waits for him?
4. What gives enough light to create shadows?
5. What does Mildred see swirling against the sky?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)