|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does scene two take place?
(a) The captain's cabin.
(b) The engine room.
(c) The upper deck.
(d) The promenade deck.
2. What does Yank tell Paddy he is as nutty as?
(a) A cuckoo.
(b) A bug.
(c) A nun.
(d) A monk.
3. Who does Paddy sing whiskey is the life of?
(d) The Gods.
4. Who does Long say told him about Mildred?
(a) A steward.
(b) A cabin boy.
(c) The captain.
(d) An engineer.
5. What does Yank tell the men he is trying to do?
6. What does the Yank hurl at the door when Mildred leaves?
(a) An axe.
(b) A plate.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A shovel.
7. What does Yank tell the men to pile the furnace with?
(a) The gourmet stuff.
(b) Anything that packs a punch.
8. What does the author say the bodies of the men shine with?
9. What did Mildred study at university?
10. How does Yank describe Mildred's hands?
(a) White and skinny.
(b) Cracked and dirty.
(c) Scabby and hard.
(d) Wrinkly and old.
11. What does Paddy say Mildred was dressed like when she came into the stokehole?
(a) A white swan.
(b) A white quane.
(c) A cherub.
(d) A heavenly angel.
12. What nationality does Yank say beer is for?
13. What does Yank say is the ship's booze?
(a) The waves.
(c) The wind.
14. What does Paddy tell his crew he is never too drunk to do?
15. What does Paddy say is broke?
(a) His heart.
(b) His back.
(c) His will.
(d) His legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal do the men say the dirt will make spot on Yank like?
2. What does Paddy say he wished Yank did to Mildred?
3. What does Long say is Mildred's father's political beliefs?
4. What does Mildred's aunt call her as Mildred walks away?
5. What does Mildred say she will do with her dress if she gets it dirty?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)