|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of metal does Yank say he is?
2. What does Yank say is his favorite climate?
3. What drink do the voices want Paddy to sing about?
4. Of what company is Mildred's father the president?
(a) Nazareth Steel.
(c) Ford Motors.
(d) Gordon's Whiskey.
5. What does Yank say he can breathe and swallow?
(a) Smoke fumes.
(b) Coal dust.
(c) Fossil fuels.
(d) Sea air.
6. What gives enough light to create shadows?
(a) A gaslight.
(b) A light bulb.
(c) A candle.
(d) A flashlight.
7. What is the color of Mildred's clothes?
8. Where do the voices say they are going to after hell?
(d) New York.
9. In which city did Mildred work as a social worker?
(a) New York.
(b) New Orleans.
10. Who are the men staring at?
(b) The captain.
(c) The Yank.
11. What does Long say is Mildred's father's political beliefs?
12. Who is escorting Mildred to the stoke hole?
(a) The captain.
(b) The second engineer.
(c) The first mate.
(d) The cabin boy.
13. Which of Paddy's words do the men repeat?
14. How does Yank pronounce the word think?
15. What nationality does Yank say beer is for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paddy do while Yank delivers his speech?
2. What does Yank say is the matter with him?
3. What does Yank say he will do to Mildred?
4. How does Yank describe Mildred's hands?
5. What is Yank's nickname for Paddy?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)