|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paddy say is broke?
(a) His heart.
(b) His will.
(c) His legs.
(d) His back.
2. What does the author say makes a teeth gritting sound?
(a) The opening of the furnace doors.
(b) The scrape of boots against the steel floor.
(c) The grind of steel against steel.
(d) The grunts of the men.
3. What drink do the voices say is doped?
4. Where does scene four take place?
(a) The fireman's forecastle.
(b) The promenade deck.
(c) The engine room.
(d) The stoker's room.
5. What does Aunt tell Mildred she loathes?
6. What does Mildred tell the second engineer she dislikes?
7. What does Paddy tell his crew he is never too drunk to do?
8. What does Paddy say he wished Yank did to Mildred?
(a) Growled at her.
(b) Brained her.
(c) Slapped her.
(d) Kissed her.
9. Who is escorting Mildred to the stoke hole?
(a) The cabin boy.
(b) The captain.
(c) The first mate.
(d) The second engineer.
10. What does Paddy say the engineer was pointing at them like?
(a) A slavedriver on a plantation.
(b) A professor in a musuem.
(c) A man in a circus.
(d) A spaceman on Mars.
11. What does Yank say he will do to Mildred?
(a) Tear her stomach open.
(b) Rip the plum from her mouth.
(c) Bust her face open.
(d) Wipe off her smile.
12. What does Yank say he will join?
(a) St. John's Ambulance.
(b) The Salvation Army.
(c) The monastry.
(d) The nunnery.
13. How does Yank pronounce the word think?
14. Which of Paddy's words do the men repeat?
15. What does Yank say Paddy is always doing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mildred say her grandfather used to work as?
2. Where do the voices say they are going to after hell?
3. What does Paddy do while Yank delivers his speech?
4. What do the others respect about Yank?
5. What word Yank uses do the men repeat?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)