|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say the rivelets of sweat have traced on the mens' backs?
2. What did Mildred study at university?
3. Where do the voices say they are going to after hell?
(b) New York.
4. What kind of metal does Yank say he is?
5. What does Paddy say Mildred was dressed like when she came into the stokehole?
(a) A heavenly angel.
(b) A cherub.
(c) A white quane.
(d) A white swan.
6. Where does the coal stick to the men?
(a) Their ears.
(b) Their nails.
(c) The hair.
(d) Their eyes.
7. What is Yank's nickname for Paddy?
(b) Mr. Whiskey.
8. What does Yank say he could see through Mildred's hands?
(a) Her face.
(b) Her dress.
(c) Her bones.
(d) Her soul.
9. What does Paddy say he wished Yank did to Mildred?
(a) Slapped her.
(b) Brained her.
(c) Growled at her.
(d) Kissed her.
10. Who does Long say told him about Mildred?
(a) An engineer.
(b) The captain.
(c) A steward.
(d) A cabin boy.
11. What kind of expression does the coal dust give the men?
(a) A sinister expression.
(b) A gothic expression.
(c) A comedic expression.
(d) A puppet expression.
12. Which two engineers arrive in the stoke room with Mildred?
(a) The second and fourth.
(b) The first and second.
(c) The third and fourth.
(d) The first and third.
13. What do the sailors say rhymes with drink?
14. What does Mildred see swirling against the sky?
(a) Red clouds.
(b) Black smoke.
(d) Grey smoke.
15. How does O'Neill describe Mildred's aunt?
(a) Selfish and uncaring.
(b) Pompous and proud.
(c) Gentle and loving.
(d) Fun and jovial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mildred say her grandfather used to work as?
2. Where does scene three take place?
3. What does the author compare the mens' throats to?
4. What does Long say Mildred's father has a enough gold to do?
5. What does Mildred say she has permission to visit?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)