|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Paddy sing whiskey is the life of?
(b) The Gods.
2. What does Yank tell his friends to choke off?
(a) The jokes.
(b) The noise.
(c) The card game.
(d) The engines.
3. What does Yank say he thought Mildred was?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A worker.
(c) An angel.
(d) A manager.
4. What does Mildred call her aunt before she leaves?
(b) Horse chops.
(d) Old hag.
5. Who is escorting Mildred to the stoke hole?
(a) The captain.
(b) The cabin boy.
(c) The second engineer.
(d) The first mate.
6. What animal does O'Neill compare Paddy's face to?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A horse.
(c) A lion.
(d) A bull.
7. What work does Mildred say sounds thrilling?
8. What does the author say the bodies of the men shine with?
9. What Irish city does Yank mention in the third scene?
10. What does Yank say he can breathe and swallow?
(a) Fossil fuels.
(b) Sea air.
(c) Smoke fumes.
(d) Coal dust.
11. What does Long call Mildred?
(a) A frigid cow.
(b) A bloody cow.
(c) A horse face.
(d) A patronising piebald.
12. What is the color of Mildred's clothes?
13. What does Yank say he could see through Mildred's hands?
(a) Her bones.
(b) Her face.
(c) Her dress.
(d) Her soul.
14. What does Yank say is the ship's middle name?
15. What does Paddy say Mildred was dressed like when she came into the stokehole?
(a) A heavenly angel.
(b) A white swan.
(c) A white quane.
(d) A cherub.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men say Yank will get if he does not wash?
2. What does Paddy say he wished Yank did to Mildred?
3. What does Yank tell Paddy he is as nutty as?
4. Where does Paddy say Midred's father is making money?
5. How does Yank describe Mildred's hands?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)