|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Yank hurl at the door when Mildred leaves?
(a) A shovel.
(b) A plate.
(c) An axe.
(d) A hammer.
2. What gives enough light to create shadows?
(a) A candle.
(b) A gaslight.
(c) A light bulb.
(d) A flashlight.
3. What kind of ship is the Flying Dutchman?
(a) A Spanish Armada.
(b) A fishing ship.
(c) A pirate ship.
(d) A ghost ship.
4. What does Paddy do while Yank delivers his speech?
(a) Makes faces.
(d) Rolls his eyes.
5. What does Mildred say she will do with her dress if she gets it dirty?
(a) Throw it into the sea.
(b) Give to one of the workers.
(c) Put it in the washing machine.
(d) Use it for rags.
6. What does Yank say he could see through Mildred's hands?
(a) Her soul.
(b) Her dress.
(c) Her face.
(d) Her bones.
7. What does Yank tell his friends to choke off?
(a) The jokes.
(b) The card game.
(c) The noise.
(d) The engines.
8. What is the color of Mildred's clothes?
9. What drink do the voices want Paddy to sing about?
10. What drink do the voices say is doped?
11. What does Yank say is the matter with him?
(a) He has fallen in love.
(b) He is tired.
(c) He has fallen in hate.
(d) He is lonely.
12. How does Yank pronounce the word think?
13. What kind of food does Mildred say her aunt reminds her of?
(a) Steak and kidney pie.
(b) A cold pork pudding.
(c) Bread dripping.
(d) Biscuits and gravy.
14. What does Long say is Mildred's father's political beliefs?
15. Which two engineers arrive in the stoke room with Mildred?
(a) The second and fourth.
(b) The third and fourth.
(c) The first and second.
(d) The first and third.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Paddy say the ocean is?
2. What does Yank tell the men to pile the furnace with?
3. What quality does the author say the men give the word love?
4. What is the name of the song Paddy sings at the end of the first scene?
5. Who turns Yank to stone?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)