|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yank say is the matter with him?
(a) He has fallen in hate.
(b) He has fallen in love.
(c) He is tired.
(d) He is lonely.
2. What does Mildred say her grandfather used to work as?
(a) A carpenter.
(b) A miner.
(c) A puddler.
(d) A mechanic.
3. Where does Paddy say Midred's father is making money?
(a) Fleet Street.
(b) Wall Street.
(c) South Africa.
(d) The Congo.
4. What does Mildred see swirling against the sky?
(a) Black smoke.
(b) Grey smoke.
(d) Red clouds.
5. What does Mildred's aunt call her as Mildred walks away?
(c) Cow head.
6. What does Paddy say the engineer was pointing at them like?
(a) A slavedriver on a plantation.
(b) A spaceman on Mars.
(c) A man in a circus.
(d) A professor in a musuem.
7. Who do most of the men smoke?
8. What kind of weather does Yank tell Paddy he stands for?
9. What word Yank uses do the men repeat?
10. Who is escorting Mildred to the stoke hole?
(a) The second engineer.
(b) The captain.
(c) The cabin boy.
(d) The first mate.
11. What is Yank's nickname for Paddy?
(a) Mr. Whiskey.
12. What kind of metal does Yank say he is?
13. What does Mildred tell the second engineer she dislikes?
14. What is the color of Mildred's clothes?
15. What does Mildred say she has permission to visit?
(a) The captain's cabin.
(b) The lower decks.
(c) The engine room.
(d) The stokehole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Irish city does Yank mention in the third scene?
2. What does Yank say he could see through Mildred's hands?
3. Who are the men staring at?
4. What does Long say is Mildred's father's political beliefs?
5. What nationality does Yank say beer is for?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)