|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is escorting Mildred to the stoke hole?
(a) The first mate.
(b) The second engineer.
(c) The captain.
(d) The cabin boy.
2. What is Yank's girl's surname?
3. What does a voice say happens to Yank's spit?
(a) It sticks like glue.
(b) It goes through walls.
(c) It turns rock hard.
(d) It bounces.
4. Where does scene five take place?
(a) Fifth avenue, New York.
(b) The New York subway.
(c) The promenade deck.
(d) The stokers hole.
5. What does Yank say is a joke?
(a) His job.
(b) Mildred's father.
(d) The shops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the prisoners give the word democracy?
2. Who are Yank and Long waiting for?
3. What does Yank say he will do to Mildred?
4. Where does scene two take place?
5. What do the men use to throw open the furnace doors?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)