|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say makes a teeth gritting sound?
(a) The opening of the furnace doors.
(b) The scrape of boots against the steel floor.
(c) The grunts of the men.
(d) The grind of steel against steel.
2. What is Yank's girl's surname?
3. In which city did Mildred work as a social worker?
(a) New Orleans.
(c) New York.
4. What kind of building does Yank point to?
(a) A sky scraper.
(b) An apartment building.
(c) A department store.
(d) A tenement builidng.
5. What does Aunt tell Mildred she loathes?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does O'Neill describe Mildred's aunt?
2. What does Yank say he could eat off the sidewalk?
3. What is the name of the song Paddy sings at the end of the first scene?
4. What does the author say the rivelets of sweat have traced on the mens' backs?
5. What is the color of Mildred's clothes?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)