|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yank say he will do to Mildred?
(a) Rip the plum from her mouth.
(b) Bust her face open.
(c) Wipe off her smile.
(d) Tear her stomach open.
2. What do the men say Yank will get if he does not wash?
(a) The measles.
(b) The itch.
(c) The scurvy.
(d) The flu.
3. What does Yank say his job was?
(a) A steel worker.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A construction worker.
(d) A fireman.
4. What is Yank wearing?
(a) A soldiers uniform.
(b) An Italian suit.
(c) Jeans and a t-shirt.
(d) Dirty dungarees.
5. What do the others respect about Yank?
(a) His gentleness.
(b) His kindness.
(c) His superior strength.
(d) His superior intellect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are all the men in the fireman's forecastle dressed in?
2. What do the sailors say rhymes with drink?
3. What does the author say the rivelets of sweat have traced on the mens' backs?
4. How does O'Neill describe Mildred's aunt?
5. What does the fat gentleman tell Yank he has made him lose?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)