|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say the bodies of the men shine with?
2. What does Mildred say her grandfather used to work as?
(a) A puddler.
(b) A mechanic.
(c) A miner.
(d) A carpenter.
3. What is Yank's face spotted with?
(a) Red scratches.
(c) The chicken pox.
(d) Black and blue bruises.
4. What does Yank say he will join?
(a) The monastry.
(b) The nunnery.
(c) The Salvation Army.
(d) St. John's Ambulance.
5. What does a voice say Yank has scared Mildred out of?
(a) A year' growth.
(b) Coming in to the stokers hole.
(c) Talking to the working classes.
(d) Leaving her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are all the men in the fireman's forecastle dressed in?
2. What does Mildred say age makes a person?
3. How does the author describe Yank's eyes?
4. What does Yank say he could see through Mildred's hands?
5. What quality does the author say the men give the word love?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)