|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mildred say she will do with her dress if she gets it dirty?
(a) Use it for rags.
(b) Put it in the washing machine.
(c) Give to one of the workers.
(d) Throw it into the sea.
2. What does Mildred tell the second engineer she dislikes?
3. What does Mildred call the Yank?
(a) A devil.
(b) A mad monster.
(c) A dirty ape.
(d) A filthy beast.
4. What does a voice say Yank has scared Mildred out of?
(a) Coming in to the stokers hole.
(b) Leaving her home.
(c) A year' growth.
(d) Talking to the working classes.
5. Where did Yank wait for Mildred in Southampton?
(a) By the gangplank.
(b) In a church.
(c) On the promenade deck.
(d) In the dining hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paddy tell his crew he is never too drunk to do?
2. What does Yank call an old lady he approaches?
3. Which of Paddy's words do the men repeat?
4. What nationality does Yank say beer is for?
5. What does Yank shout at the "Belfast bum" for doing?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)