|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the sailors say rhymes with drink?
2. How does Yank pronounce church?
3. What does Yank call an old lady he approaches?
4. What does Paddy say is wrong with Yank?
(a) He has fallen in love.
(b) He has the workman's blues.
(c) He is homesick.
(d) He is seasick.
5. Which of Paddy's words do the men repeat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of pipe does Mildred say her grandmother smoked?
2. Where did Yank wait for Mildred in Southampton?
3. What does Long refer to Yank as when people start exiting the church?
4. What does Paddy say the engineer told Mildred they roast their workers in?
5. What does the author compare the mens' throats to?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)