|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author compare the mens' throats to?
(a) Opera singers.
(b) Ship whistles.
(c) Phonograph horns.
2. What gives enough light to create shadows?
(a) A candle.
(b) A flashlight.
(c) A light bulb.
(d) A gaslight.
3. What kind of food does Mildred say her aunt reminds her of?
(a) Steak and kidney pie.
(b) Biscuits and gravy.
(c) Bread dripping.
(d) A cold pork pudding.
4. What does Yank say all the engineers are?
(c) Big heads.
5. What does Yank say he thought Mildred was?
(a) A worker.
(b) A manager.
(c) An angel.
(d) A ghost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day of the week is it in scene five?
2. What is Yank's nickname for Paddy?
3. What is wrapped around Yank's head?
4. Who is escorting Mildred to the stoke hole?
5. What does Yank say is his favorite climate?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)