|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the voices say they are going to after hell?
(a) New York.
2. What kind of pipe does Mildred say her grandmother smoked?
(a) A gentleman's pipe.
(b) A clay pipe.
(c) A wooden pipe.
(d) An Indian pipe.
3. What does Yank say Paddy is always doing?
4. What does Yank say he will join?
(a) The nunnery.
(b) St. John's Ambulance.
(c) The monastry.
(d) The Salvation Army.
5. What does the author say makes a teeth gritting sound?
(a) The opening of the furnace doors.
(b) The grunts of the men.
(c) The scrape of boots against the steel floor.
(d) The grind of steel against steel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word Yank uses do the men repeat?
2. What does Yank say all the engineers are?
3. What does the author compare the mens' throats to?
4. What Irish city does Yank mention in the third scene?
5. What work does Mildred say sounds thrilling?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)