|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yank think Mildred called him?
(a) A black knight.
(b) A filthy beast.
(c) A Negro slave.
(d) A hairy ape.
2. What does Paddy say the engineer told Mildred they roast their workers in?
(a) Her father's money.
(b) Their own sweat.
(c) The flames of hell.
(d) The ship's anger.
3. What does Paddy do while Yank delivers his speech?
(b) Makes faces.
(d) Rolls his eyes.
4. How does O'Neill describe Mildred's aunt?
(a) Selfish and uncaring.
(b) Gentle and loving.
(c) Pompous and proud.
(d) Fun and jovial.
5. In which city did Mildred work as a social worker?
(c) New York.
(d) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of metal does Yank say he is?
2. What drink do the voices want Paddy to sing about?
3. What does Yank say is the ship's middle name?
4. What work does Mildred say sounds thrilling?
5. What does Paddy say is wrong with Yank?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)