|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author compare the mens' throats to?
(a) Phonograph horns.
(b) Ship whistles.
(d) Opera singers.
2. What does Mildred see swirling against the sky?
(a) Grey smoke.
(b) Red clouds.
(d) Black smoke.
3. In which city did Mildred work as a social worker?
(a) New York.
(d) New Orleans.
4. What does Paddy say Mildred was dressed like when she came into the stokehole?
(a) A heavenly angel.
(b) A cherub.
(c) A white quane.
(d) A white swan.
5. What does Mildred say she has permission to visit?
(a) The engine room.
(b) The captain's cabin.
(c) The lower decks.
(d) The stokehole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt tell Mildred she loathes?
2. What does Yank say is his favorite climate?
3. Which two engineers arrive in the stoke room with Mildred?
4. What does Yank say all the engineers are?
5. What does Yank say is the ship's booze?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)