|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of food does Mildred say her aunt reminds her of?
(a) Steak and kidney pie.
(b) A cold pork pudding.
(c) Biscuits and gravy.
(d) Bread dripping.
2. Where does Paddy say Midred's father is making money?
(a) South Africa.
(b) Fleet Street.
(c) The Congo.
(d) Wall Street.
3. What does Mildred say her grandfather used to work as?
(a) A mechanic.
(b) A carpenter.
(c) A puddler.
(d) A miner.
4. What are all the men in the fireman's forecastle dressed in?
(d) Boiler suits.
5. Where does the coal stick to the men?
(a) Their ears.
(b) Their eyes.
(c) Their nails.
(d) The hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paddy do while Yank delivers his speech?
2. What word Yank uses do the men repeat?
3. What drink do the voices want Paddy to sing about?
4. What does the author compare the mens' throats to?
5. What does Yank think Mildred called him?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)