|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yank say all the engineers are?
(a) Big heads.
2. What does Yank say he can breathe and swallow?
(a) Smoke fumes.
(b) Fossil fuels.
(c) Sea air.
(d) Coal dust.
3. In what country does Yank sing a lass waits for him?
4. What does Yank say he could see through Mildred's hands?
(a) Her soul.
(b) Her bones.
(c) Her dress.
(d) Her face.
5. What does Mildred say she will do with her dress if she gets it dirty?
(a) Throw it into the sea.
(b) Give to one of the workers.
(c) Put it in the washing machine.
(d) Use it for rags.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Long call Mildred?
2. Who is escorting Mildred to the stoke hole?
3. What drink do the voices want Paddy to sing about?
4. What does Long say is Mildred's father's political beliefs?
5. What work does Mildred say sounds thrilling?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)