|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Paddy sing whiskey is the life of?
(c) The Gods.
2. What kind of expression does the coal dust give the men?
(a) A gothic expression.
(b) A puppet expression.
(c) A comedic expression.
(d) A sinister expression.
3. What does Mildred call her aunt before she leaves?
(a) Horse chops.
(c) Old hag.
4. What does Mildred say her grandfather used to work as?
(a) A carpenter.
(b) A mechanic.
(c) A miner.
(d) A puddler.
5. Where does Paddy say Midred's father is making money?
(a) South Africa.
(b) Fleet Street.
(c) Wall Street.
(d) The Congo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paddy say the engineer told Mildred they roast their workers in?
2. What does Mildred say she will do with her dress if she gets it dirty?
3. Which two engineers arrive in the stoke room with Mildred?
4. What quality does the author say the men give the word love?
5. What are all the men in the fireman's forecastle dressed in?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)