|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does O'Neill compare Paddy's face to?
(a) A lion.
(b) A bull.
(c) A horse.
(d) A monkey.
2. Who are the men staring at?
(a) The captain.
(b) The Yank.
3. What does Paddy say Mildred was dressed like when she came into the stokehole?
(a) A cherub.
(b) A heavenly angel.
(c) A white swan.
(d) A white quane.
4. What is the color of Mildred's clothes?
5. What does Long call Mildred?
(a) A frigid cow.
(b) A horse face.
(c) A bloody cow.
(d) A patronising piebald.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mildred call the Yank?
2. What animal does the author compare to the Yank's face?
3. Which two engineers arrive in the stoke room with Mildred?
4. What kind of expression does the coal dust give the men?
5. What does the author compare the mens' throats to?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)