|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who turns Yank to stone?
(b) The second engineer.
(c) The fourth engineer.
2. Where does scene two take place?
(a) The upper deck.
(b) The promenade deck.
(c) The captain's cabin.
(d) The engine room.
3. Which two engineers arrive in the stoke room with Mildred?
(a) The third and fourth.
(b) The first and third.
(c) The second and fourth.
(d) The first and second.
4. How does Yank describe Mildred's hands?
(a) Scabby and hard.
(b) Cracked and dirty.
(c) Wrinkly and old.
(d) White and skinny.
5. What does Yank shout at the "Belfast bum" for doing?
(a) Closing the furnace door.
(b) Doing nothing.
(c) Pulling on the whistle.
(d) Talking too loudly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say the rivelets of sweat have traced on the mens' backs?
2. What do the men use to throw open the furnace doors?
3. What work does Mildred say sounds thrilling?
4. What does Yank tell his friends to choke off?
5. What color does Paddy say the ocean is?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)