|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mildred call the Yank?
(a) A mad monster.
(b) A devil.
(c) A dirty ape.
(d) A filthy beast.
2. What kind of metal does Yank say he is?
3. What does Yank tell the men to pile the furnace with?
(b) Anything that packs a punch.
(d) The gourmet stuff.
4. What animal does the author compare to the Yank's face?
(a) A gorilla.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A horse.
(d) A bull.
5. What does Paddy do while Yank delivers his speech?
(b) Makes faces.
(c) Rolls his eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the song Paddy sings at the end of the first scene?
2. What does Mildred see swirling against the sky?
3. Who does Paddy sing whiskey is the life of?
4. What nationality does Yank say beer is for?
5. What does the author say makes a teeth gritting sound?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)