|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Yank's nickname for Paddy?
(d) Mr. Whiskey.
2. What does Yank shout at the "Belfast bum" for doing?
(a) Closing the furnace door.
(b) Pulling on the whistle.
(c) Talking too loudly.
(d) Doing nothing.
3. What word Yank uses do the men repeat?
4. What kind of weather does Yank tell Paddy he stands for?
5. What does Yank say he can breathe and swallow?
(a) Smoke fumes.
(b) Sea air.
(c) Coal dust.
(d) Fossil fuels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does O'Neill compare Paddy's face to?
2. What does the author say the bodies of the men shine with?
3. What drink do the voices say is doped?
4. What does Mildred say she will do with her dress if she gets it dirty?
5. What does Yank say is the ship's booze?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)