|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yank say he can breathe and swallow?
(a) Coal dust.
(b) Sea air.
(c) Smoke fumes.
(d) Fossil fuels.
2. What kind of food does Mildred say her aunt reminds her of?
(a) A cold pork pudding.
(b) Biscuits and gravy.
(c) Steak and kidney pie.
(d) Bread dripping.
3. What does Mildred call the Yank?
(a) A dirty ape.
(b) A filthy beast.
(c) A devil.
(d) A mad monster.
4. What does Mildred's aunt call her as Mildred walks away?
(d) Cow head.
5. What do the men say Yank has forgotten to do?
(a) Put on his shirt.
(b) Eat his dinner.
(c) Pay their wages.
(d) Wash himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mildred call the second engineer when he leaves?
2. How does O'Neill describe Mildred's aunt?
3. What is Yank's nickname for Paddy?
4. What does Yank say he has forgotten?
5. What does Yank say is the ship's booze?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)