|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of food does Mildred say her aunt reminds her of?
(a) Biscuits and gravy.
(b) A cold pork pudding.
(c) Bread dripping.
(d) Steak and kidney pie.
2. Who does Paddy sing whiskey is the life of?
(a) The Gods.
3. What does the author say the rivelets of sweat have traced on the mens' backs?
4. What does Mildred tell the second engineer she dislikes?
5. What does Mildred say she has permission to visit?
(a) The stokehole.
(b) The lower decks.
(c) The captain's cabin.
(d) The engine room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mildred call her aunt before she leaves?
2. What does Paddy tell his crew he is never too drunk to do?
3. What work does Mildred say sounds thrilling?
4. What do the men use to throw open the furnace doors?
5. What kind of weather does Yank tell Paddy he stands for?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)