|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the coal stick to the men?
(a) The hair.
(b) Their nails.
(c) Their ears.
(d) Their eyes.
2. What animal does the author compare to the Yank's face?
(a) A horse.
(b) A bull.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A gorilla.
3. What does the author say the bodies of the men shine with?
4. What are all the men in the fireman's forecastle dressed in?
(b) Boiler suits.
5. How does O'Neill describe Mildred's aunt?
(a) Fun and jovial.
(b) Gentle and loving.
(c) Selfish and uncaring.
(d) Pompous and proud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mildred's aunt call her as Mildred walks away?
2. What does Paddy tell his crew he is never too drunk to do?
3. What does Yank say is the ship's booze?
4. Who turns Yank to stone?
5. What do the sailors say rhymes with drink?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)