|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is escorting Mildred to the stoke hole?
(a) The first mate.
(b) The second engineer.
(c) The captain.
(d) The cabin boy.
2. What does Mildred say her grandfather used to work as?
(a) A miner.
(b) A mechanic.
(c) A carpenter.
(d) A puddler.
3. What animal does O'Neill compare Paddy's face to?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A lion.
(c) A bull.
(d) A horse.
4. What does Paddy say is broke?
(a) His back.
(b) His will.
(c) His heart.
(d) His legs.
5. What does Mildred call the second engineer when he leaves?
(a) An oaf.
(b) A ogre.
(c) A nut.
(d) A poser.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yank say is his favorite climate?
2. Where does scene three take place?
3. What kind of ship is the Flying Dutchman?
4. What do the sailors say rhymes with drink?
5. What drink do the voices want Paddy to sing about?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)