|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mildred call the second engineer when he leaves?
(a) A ogre.
(b) A nut.
(c) A poser.
(d) An oaf.
2. What kind of pipe does Mildred say her grandmother smoked?
(a) A wooden pipe.
(b) A gentleman's pipe.
(c) An Indian pipe.
(d) A clay pipe.
3. What animal does O'Neill compare Paddy's face to?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A horse.
(c) A bull.
(d) A lion.
4. What does Paddy do while Yank delivers his speech?
(b) Makes faces.
(c) Rolls his eyes.
5. Where does scene three take place?
(a) The upper deck.
(b) The captain's cabin.
(c) The engine room.
(d) The stokehole.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does O'Neill describe Mildred's aunt?
2. What does Yank say he can breathe and swallow?
3. What color does Paddy say the ocean is?
4. What does Mildred say her grandfather used to work as?
5. What does Mildred say she has permission to visit?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)