|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which city did Mildred work as a social worker?
(a) New York.
(c) New Orleans.
2. What do the men use to throw open the furnace doors?
(a) Pick axes.
(b) Crow bars.
3. What does Yank say he can breathe and swallow?
(a) Sea air.
(b) Coal dust.
(c) Smoke fumes.
(d) Fossil fuels.
4. Where does scene two take place?
(a) The engine room.
(b) The captain's cabin.
(c) The promenade deck.
(d) The upper deck.
5. What are all the men in the fireman's forecastle dressed in?
(a) Boiler suits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what company is Mildred's father the president?
2. What does the author say makes a teeth gritting sound?
3. What color does Paddy say the ocean is?
4. What kind of metal does Yank say he is?
5. What drink do the voices want Paddy to sing about?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)