|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men use to throw open the furnace doors?
(a) Pick axes.
(d) Crow bars.
2. Who is escorting Mildred to the stoke hole?
(a) The second engineer.
(b) The first mate.
(c) The cabin boy.
(d) The captain.
3. What does Mildred say her grandfather used to work as?
(a) A carpenter.
(b) A mechanic.
(c) A puddler.
(d) A miner.
4. How does O'Neill describe Mildred's aunt?
(a) Selfish and uncaring.
(b) Gentle and loving.
(c) Fun and jovial.
(d) Pompous and proud.
5. What does Paddy do while Yank delivers his speech?
(a) Makes faces.
(b) Rolls his eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mildred's aunt call her as Mildred walks away?
2. What is the name of the song Paddy sings at the end of the first scene?
3. What work does Mildred say sounds thrilling?
4. What does Yank tell his friends to choke off?
5. What does Mildred call her aunt before she leaves?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)