|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mildred say age makes a person?
2. What does Mildred tell the second engineer she dislikes?
3. What does Paddy say is broke?
(a) His legs.
(b) His will.
(c) His heart.
(d) His back.
4. What do the sailors say rhymes with drink?
5. What does the author say makes a teeth gritting sound?
(a) The grind of steel against steel.
(b) The grunts of the men.
(c) The scrape of boots against the steel floor.
(d) The opening of the furnace doors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of ship is the Flying Dutchman?
2. What does Mildred call her aunt before she leaves?
3. What kind of food does Mildred say her aunt reminds her of?
4. What does Yank tell his friends to choke off?
5. What drink do the voices want Paddy to sing about?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)