|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Yank say doesn't talk?
2. What do the prisoners give the word democracy?
(a) A whistle.
(b) A raspberry.
(c) A jeer.
(d) A laugh.
3. What do the men use to throw open the furnace doors?
(c) Crow bars.
(d) Pick axes.
4. How does Yank describe Mildred's hands?
(a) Scabby and hard.
(b) Wrinkly and old.
(c) White and skinny.
(d) Cracked and dirty.
5. What does Paddy tell his crew he is never too drunk to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Long do when he realizes Yank won't stop causing trouble?
2. What is the name of the song Paddy sings at the end of the first scene?
3. Who are the men staring at?
4. What does a voice say will happen if people don't calm down?
5. Where does the coal stick to the men?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)