|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men use to throw open the furnace doors?
(b) Crow bars.
(c) Pick axes.
2. What does Long say the white collar stiffs are asking Jesus for?
(a) Bigger houses.
(b) More workers.
(c) More slaves.
(d) More money.
3. What animal does the author compare to the Yank's face?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A gorilla.
(c) A horse.
(d) A bull.
4. What does Yank tell his friends to choke off?
(a) The card game.
(b) The engines.
(c) The jokes.
(d) The noise.
5. What does Mildred say she will do with her dress if she gets it dirty?
(a) Give to one of the workers.
(b) Use it for rags.
(c) Throw it into the sea.
(d) Put it in the washing machine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yank say Paddy is always doing?
2. What does Paddy do while Yank delivers his speech?
3. What does Yank tell Paddy he is as nutty as?
4. What kind of pipe does Mildred say her grandmother smoked?
5. What does Yank say is a joke?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)