|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Yank pronounce the word think?
2. In what country does Yank sing a lass waits for him?
3. What kind of food does Mildred say her aunt reminds her of?
(a) Biscuits and gravy.
(b) Bread dripping.
(c) Steak and kidney pie.
(d) A cold pork pudding.
4. How does Yank describe Mildred's hands?
(a) Scabby and hard.
(b) White and skinny.
(c) Cracked and dirty.
(d) Wrinkly and old.
5. What does Paddy say the engineer told Mildred they roast their workers in?
(a) The ship's anger.
(b) Their own sweat.
(c) Her father's money.
(d) The flames of hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mildred say she will do with her dress if she gets it dirty?
2. What does Yank say is a joke?
3. Who is escorting Mildred to the stoke hole?
4. What nationality does Yank say beer is for?
5. How does the author describe Yank's eyes?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)