|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author compare the mens' throats to?
(b) Phonograph horns.
(c) Ship whistles.
(d) Opera singers.
2. What does Paddy say Mildred was dressed like when she came into the stokehole?
(a) A cherub.
(b) A white swan.
(c) A heavenly angel.
(d) A white quane.
3. What does Paddy say he wished Yank did to Mildred?
(a) Brained her.
(b) Kissed her.
(c) Growled at her.
(d) Slapped her.
4. What work does Mildred say sounds thrilling?
5. What does Yank try to pull up to use as a club?
(a) A lamp-post.
(b) A church sign.
(c) A parking sign.
(d) A flag pole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What metal are the bars of the cell made from?
2. What does Yank say is the matter with him?
3. What does Long say Mildred's father has a enough gold to do?
4. What does Paddy say ten doctors and nurses will be feeding Mildred?
5. What gives enough light to create shadows?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)