|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yank say he thought Mildred was?
(a) An angel.
(b) A worker.
(c) A manager.
(d) A ghost.
2. What quality does the author say the men give the word love?
(a) A timeless quality.
(b) A metallic quality.
(c) A dusty quality.
(d) A rusty quality.
3. What kind of pipe does Mildred say her grandmother smoked?
(a) A gentleman's pipe.
(b) A clay pipe.
(c) An Indian pipe.
(d) A wooden pipe.
4. What does Mildred say her grandfather used to work as?
(a) A carpenter.
(b) A miner.
(c) A puddler.
(d) A mechanic.
5. Who is escorting Mildred to the stoke hole?
(a) The cabin boy.
(b) The second engineer.
(c) The first mate.
(d) The captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a woman cry in ecstasy about?
2. What does Long say the engineers were exhibiting them like?
3. What kind of food does Mildred say her aunt reminds her of?
4. What does Yank say is the matter with him?
5. What does Yank try to pull up to use as a club?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)