Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gulliver is let down onto the continent of what?
2. The king threatens Gulliver with the loss of his life if Gulliver tells anyone else about what?
3. Gulliver says that instead of learning about art and history these people learn about what?
4. How many years ago does the lord explain that people went to visit the flying island and came down with all sorts of ideas?
5. Gulliver makes it clear that he thinks the king is what?
Essay Topic 1
The Liliputian emperor eventually turns against Gulliver and tries to have him punished for crimes that he did not commit.
1. Explain why Gulliver is accused of those crimes by the emperor and what punishment is decided upon. Also, what does Gulliver do in reaction to the emperors accusations.
In modern times are innocent people still found guilty of crimes often? Why or why not? Does it depend on the particular town or country where the crime is committed, for instance? Use examples to support your opinions.
Essay Topic 2
Gulliver is clearly an explorer at heart, even though he is a doctor by profession. Do you feel that it was appropriate for him to keep going on voyages, even though he kept leaving his family and just barely avoiding death when he did? If you were Gulliver, would you have given up traveling? If so, why and when would you have decided to stay home? Use details from the story to support your opinions.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how which of the Luggnagg people are immortal is determined, in detail. Also, what rules are the immortals subject to? What happens to them as they get older? Do you think the treatment that they receive is fair? Why or why not?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)