|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gulliver is let down onto the continent of what?
2. Gulliver hopes to sail where from the island?
3. Gulliver is introduced to the king who is hard at work on a problem that involves what?
4. Gulliver learns that the island is called what?
5. The last room of the academy is one for what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The island cannot go over how many miles high?
2. The people decided that everything could be done better with the help of what?
3. It is believed that it is hard enough to live forever without having to live how?
4. How does Gulliver say that he would feel if he never had to die?
5. How does Gulliver feel about the way the king views Gulliver's country?
Short Essay Questions
1. What point does Swift seem to be making in Part 2, Chapter 6 and how does he use the king to make it?
2. In what ways do Gulliver and the king disagree about the concept of war in Part 2, Chapter 7?
3. What do you think Swift's ideas about modern science are, based on Part 3, Chapter 4?
4. What identifies the immortals in the culture, in Part 3, Chapter 10, and what sorts of things must these immortals endure?
5. What lesson does Swift try to teach about life and death, in Part 3, Chapter 10?
6. What lessons can be learned from the people of Laputa?
7. What happens to Gulliver in Glubbdubdribb?
8. What lessons does Swift try to teach about heroes through Gulliver?
9. How does Gulliver finally leave the island in Part 2, Chapter 8?
10. Describe Gulliver's encounter with the pirates.
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)