|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gulliver talks with other professors about things like taxing a person based on what?
2. Gulliver is questioned by guards there and he lies and tells them that he is what, so he can get into Japan?
3. Gulliver describes the people as wearing clothes adorned with all of the following except what?
(d) musical instruments
4. Gulliver says that instead of learning about art and history these people learn about what?
5. How does Gulliver feel about the way the king views Gulliver's country?
(a) He is insulted.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He doesn't care.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gulliver makes it clear that he thinks the king is what?
2. The people exceed Europe in what area?
3. How do the people on the ground send up their petitions to be received on the floating island?
4. Gulliver also calls up the ancestors of certain houses of nobility where?
5. The people decided that everything could be done better with the help of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lessons can be learned from the people of Laputa?
2. What happens to Gulliver, once he reaches Luggnagg?
3. What other figures does Gulliver call back from the dead, in Part 3, Chapter 8 and why? What else does he learn from them?
4. When the king asks Gulliver to tell him about England, what are some of the things that Gulliver tells him?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 6, Swift again makes his views of the British government known. What are those views, how does he express them and do they still apply to modern governments?
6. What identifies the immortals in the culture, in Part 3, Chapter 10, and what sorts of things must these immortals endure?
7. What does Gulliver find after sailing from island to island for five days, in Part 3, Chapter 1 and what happens as a result?
8. Describe Gulliver's encounter with the pirates.
9. What happens to Gulliver in Glubbdubdribb?
10. Why is the king's cousin, who befriends Gulliver, considered an outcast and do you think that it is fair? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)