|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gulliver is questioned by guards there and he lies and tells them that he is what, so he can get into Japan?
2. Gulliver is dismayed to see that even if they were alive again, many of these people would be what?
3. The king threatens Gulliver with the loss of his life if Gulliver tells anyone else about what?
(c) British parliament houses
4. When an immortal marries, it is annulled when the younger partner reaches what age?
5. What is lowered to rescue Gulliver from the ocean?
(a) a chain
(b) a ladder
(c) a boat
(d) a rope
Short Answer Questions
1. Gulliver also likes the idea of taking political foes and exchanging half of each other's what?
2. Gulliver explains that there are some in the culture that are born with what color birthmark over their left eye?
3. What does Gulliver make out of the beard stubble of the king?
4. The doctor theorizes that whenever the people are healed, then the politics and government will be what?
5. The lord wants Gulliver to see the what that are built?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lesson does Swift try to teach about life and death, in Part 3, Chapter 10?
2. What happens to Gulliver, once he reaches Luggnagg?
3. In what ways do Gulliver and the king disagree about the concept of war in Part 2, Chapter 7?
4. What point does Swift seem to be making in Part 2, Chapter 6 and how does he use the king to make it?
5. What identifies the immortals in the culture, in Part 3, Chapter 10, and what sorts of things must these immortals endure?
6. What do Gulliver's choices of people to call back from the dead say about his motivations?
7. Why is the king's cousin, who befriends Gulliver, considered an outcast and do you think that it is fair? Why or why not?
8. What lessons can be learned from the people of Laputa?
9. How does the king of the floating island rule the people on the island below?
10. Customs of different people are a big part of the book. What custom must Gulliver follow in Part 3, Chapter 9 and how, in general, does Gulliver deal with the customs of people he encounters?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)