|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the captain tell Gulliver has happened to the items Gulliver asks for?
(a) They were left on the island.
(b) They fell overboard.
(c) They have been destroyed.
(d) They are locked below decks.
2. When Gulliver tells the king about the treasury of England, what is the king's reaction?
(a) The king is shocked that England can balance their budget perfectly.
(b) The king is confused because England is spending more than they are making.
(c) The king is amazed that England is making mroe than they are spending.
(d) The king suggests that Gulliver go back to England and tell them to run the treasury the way the giants run theirs.
3. When it is found that Gulliver and the king cannot understand each other, Gulliver is taken where and given food?
(a) the king's rooms
(b) the guest quarters
(c) the dining hall
(d) the dungeons
4. How does Gulliver feel about the way the king views Gulliver's country?
(a) He doesn't care.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is insulted.
(d) He is happy.
5. Gulliver describes the people as wearing clothes adorned with all of the following except what?
(d) musical instruments
Short Answer Questions
1. It is believed that it is hard enough to live forever without having to live how?
2. Why does Gulliver go back to see?
3. When the ship is ready to sail, where is it going?
4. The last room of the academy is one for what?
5. Which of these does Gulliver see?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)