|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two factions in Lilliput called?
(a) the blue hats and the red hats
(b) the blue heels and the red heels
(c) the low hats and the high hats
(d) the low heels and the high heels
2. Gulliver must agree, also, to be an ally against the people of what place?
3. Gulliver makes up what sort of game?
(a) a war game
(b) a memory game
(c) a card game
(d) a guessing game
4. Gulliver tells the emperor that he will never do what?
(a) help jail the innocent
(b) help to place the people in slavery
(c) help the people bring in crops
(d) help the people kill the emperor
5. What was Gulliver schooled to become?
(a) a teacher
(b) a surgeon
(c) a carpenter
(d) a sailor
Short Answer Questions
1. After Gulliver's schooling was complete and his first voyage was over, where did he marry and settle down?
2. The main city is how many miles long?
3. Who does Gulliver accidentally insult at the farmer's house?
4. How old does Gulliver think the Emperor of Lilliput is?
5. What happens to cause Gulliver to abandon ship during his first voyage after the second time his practice failed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gulliver describe the country where the giants live?
2. How is the treatment Gulliver gets from the queen who buys him from the farmer, different from the treatment Gulliver got from the farmer?
3. Why does Gulliver finally decide to leave and go to Blefuscu?
4. Describe the conditions on the voyage where Gulliver's ship runs into a string of bad luck.
5. How does Gulliver describe the emperor's attitude during Gulliver's capture?
6. Describe the relationship between Gulliver and the farmer's daughter.
7. What is the emperor of the little people like? What type of personality does he seem to have?
8. Instead of sending Gulliver back to Lilliput, what does the emperor of Blefuscu do?
9. How does the farmer's attitude seem to change toward Gulliver in Part 2, Chapter 3 and why?
10. Describe some of the mishaps that Gulliver describes in part 2, chapter 5.
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)