|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gulliver helps the emperor's guards to search what?
(a) the shore line, where Gulliver originally washed up
(b) Gulliver's pockets
(c) the house of a suspected criminal
(d) the countryside for a missing child
2. How long is Gulliver told it will be before the reading of the articles?
(a) five days
(b) three days
(c) four days
(d) six days
3. When he awakes, what kind of people surround Gulliver?
(a) men painted blue
(b) six-inch-tall men
(c) six-foot-tall men
(d) men painted green
4. Which of the following is not a reason that Gulliver is being brought up on charges by the Lilliputians.
(a) not following orders about destroying the people of Blefuscu
(b) planning to sail tot he enemy's land
(c) being friendly to the ambassadors
(d) secretly marrying a woman from Blefuscu
5. Gulliver is once captured by what sort of animal?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following punishments do the people settle on for Gulliver?
2. The main city is how many miles long?
3. How do the Lilliputians write on paper?
4. What does Gulliver set sail with?
5. Gulliver says that what happened during a man's execution?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe at least four of the provisions of Gulliver's release.
2. Instead of sending Gulliver back to Lilliput, what does the emperor of Blefuscu do?
3. Explain what the provisions of Gulliver's release say about how the little people view Gulliver and about their attitude.
4. What is the emperor of the little people like? What type of personality does he seem to have?
5. How does Gulliver describe the country where the giants live?
6. How is the treatment Gulliver gets from the queen who buys him from the farmer, different from the treatment Gulliver got from the farmer?
7. In Part 1, Chapter 7, what does the author seem to be using Gulliver's adventures to say about systems of government, especially the government of England?
8. How does the farmer's attitude seem to change toward Gulliver in Part 2, Chapter 3 and why?
9. Explain how it is decided whether Gulliver will be killed or not.
10. How does Gulliver say that criminals are treated by the Lilliputians?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)