|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the provisions of Gulliver's release is that he will not leave without what?
(b) the emperor
(c) an honor guard
(d) at least five townspeople
2. What is the name of Gulliver's nurse?
3. What sort of dance does Gulliver go on to explain that the Lilliputians do?
(a) a risque dance
(b) a ribbon dance
(c) a rain dance
(d) a rope dance
4. In the garden, Gulliver was once carried off by what color spaniel?
5. After his dingy is overturned and Gulliver swims to shore, what does he do?
(a) He builds a fire.
(b) He hunts for food.
(c) He screams for help.
(d) He falls asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last man that does not want Gulliver set free?
2. The king sends for how many scholars to examine Gulliver?
3. Where do the people decide to take Gulliver?
4. A couple days after Gulliver's game is played, some men find a strange object where?
5. Gulliver explains that most Lilliputian children are raised by whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Gulliver is a doctor, but his heart seems to lie with exploring the world around him. What evidence supports that, in Part 1, Chapter 1?
2. Why doesn't the emperor want Gulliver alive anymore and how does this reveal the emperor's true nature?
3. Describe at least four of the provisions of Gulliver's release.
4. Why does the secretary tell Gulliver that the Lilliputians and the people of Blefuscu are at war?
5. Describe what happens to Gulliver at the Inn and what the farmer decides to do with him afterward.
6. How does Gulliver describe the emperor's attitude during Gulliver's capture?
7. Describe how the little men that Gulliver encounters seem to treat him. Are they afraid of him? Why or why not?
8. Describe the misunderstanding that the emperor's men have about Gulliver's watch.
9. How does the farmer's attitude seem to change toward Gulliver in Part 2, Chapter 3 and why?
10. How does Gulliver say that criminals are treated by the Lilliputians?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)