|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the emperor reads the list of things found on Gulliver, what does he ask for?
(a) the razor
(b) the pocketknife
(c) the telescope
(d) the sword
2. Gulliver tells the emperor to keep the gunpowder away from what?
(a) the castle
3. Why does Gulliver say that he finally left the kingdom?
(a) He wanted to explore other places.
(b) He learned of a plot against him.
(c) He took a short boat ride and became hopelessly lost.
(d) He was homesick.
4. Which item did the Lilliputian guards find, when they searched Gulliver?
(a) a portrait of Gulliver's wife
(b) a telescope
(d) a razor
5. Which of the following is not a reason that Gulliver is being brought up on charges by the Lilliputians.
(a) planning to sail tot he enemy's land
(b) not following orders about destroying the people of Blefuscu
(c) secretly marrying a woman from Blefuscu
(d) being friendly to the ambassadors
Short Answer Questions
1. The main city is how many miles long?
2. Who pays Gulliver a visit, a month after Gulliver is freed?
3. Gulliver makes up what sort of game?
4. Where do the people decide to take Gulliver?
5. When the men go onto an island to find water, Gulliver becomes separated from them and then sees them rowing back to the boat with what following them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe some of the mishaps that Gulliver describes in part 2, chapter 5.
2. How does the farmer's attitude seem to change toward Gulliver in Part 2, Chapter 3 and why?
3. Was it a good idea for the emperor to have Gulliver taught the language? Why or why not?
4. About a month after Gulliver is freed, the principal secretary pays him a visit. What does the secretary explain to Gulliver about the problems facing the Lilliputians and how does Gulliver's freedom factor in?
5. What is the king's attitude toward Gulliver in all of Part 2, Chapter 5?
6. Describe the misunderstanding that the emperor's men have about Gulliver's watch.
7. Describe the relationship between Gulliver and the farmer's daughter.
8. How does Gulliver say that the Lilliputian children are raised?
9. Instead of sending Gulliver back to Lilliput, what does the emperor of Blefuscu do?
10. Explain what the provisions of Gulliver's release say about how the little people view Gulliver and about their attitude.
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)