|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Gulliver is sleeping, they bring in a mechanism that was made specifically to do what to him?
(a) house him
(b) feed him
(c) restrain him
(d) carry him
2. During Gulliver's game, Gulliver saves a man and a what?
3. Which item did the Lilliputian guards not find on Gulliver?
(a) a comb
(b) a handkerchief
(d) a pocketknife
4. After the emperor reads the list of things found on Gulliver, what does he ask for?
(a) the sword
(b) the pocketknife
(c) the razor
(d) the telescope
5. How many children does the farmer have?
Short Answer Questions
1. A couple days after Gulliver's game is played, some men find a strange object where?
2. Who teaches Gulliver the language of the giants?
3. The people that can do what are picked for the best jobs?
4. Gulliver tells the emperor that he will never do what?
5. Gulliver makes up what sort of game?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gulliver say that criminals are treated by the Lilliputians?
2. Explain how it is decided whether Gulliver will be killed or not.
3. How does Gulliver finally get back to England?
4. What does Gulliver learn from his first impressions, in Part 2, Chapter 1, when he encounters the giants?
5. What are the circumstances of Gulliver's eventual freedom?
6. What is the emperor of the little people like? What type of personality does he seem to have?
7. How does Gulliver describe the emperor's attitude during Gulliver's capture?
8. Describe what happens to Gulliver at the Inn and what the farmer decides to do with him afterward.
9. Swift meant for this part of the book to be a satire on the French government and he uses the size of everything as a farce against the government. Swift is saying that he believes that everything in France is bigger. At the time, Louis the XVI was the king of France and Louis loved to build huge estates and use his wealth for his own desires. King Louis was known to not know or care about the conditions of the people whom he governed. Knowing that, how does Part 2, Chapter 4 mirror activities in France?
10. Explain how the people treat Gulliver, the longer he stays their captive.
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)