|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came to see Gulliver, after he was rescued from the animal?
(a) the king alone
(b) the queen alone
(c) the king and queen
(d) the farmer and his wife
2. How long is Gulliver told it will be before the reading of the articles?
(a) three days
(b) five days
(c) six days
(d) four days
3. Gulliver gets lost while running where?
(d) corn field
4. Where do the people decide to take Gulliver?
(a) out into the ocean
(c) the woods
(d) the capital city
5. When Gulliver gets his hand free from his bonds, what do the men do?
(a) shoot little arrows
(b) tie his hand back up
(c) untie him completely
(d) throw rocks
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pays Gulliver a visit, a month after Gulliver is freed?
2. How did Gulliver hide things from the Lilliputian guards?
3. Gulliver explains that he loves the kitchen and has done what, since getting to the palace?
4. What convinces the farmer that Gulliver is a small human?
5. How long does Gulliver stay with his wife before setting sail again?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gulliver say that the Lilliputian children are raised?
2. Instead of sending Gulliver back to Lilliput, what does the emperor of Blefuscu do?
3. Describe at least four of the provisions of Gulliver's release.
4. Explain how it is decided whether Gulliver will be killed or not.
5. How does Gulliver describe the country where the giants live?
6. Was it a good idea for the emperor to have Gulliver taught the language? Why or why not?
7. How does Gulliver finally get back to England?
8. Explain what the provisions of Gulliver's release say about how the little people view Gulliver and about their attitude.
9. What are the differences between how the giants in Part 2, Chapter 1 treat Gulliver initially and how the Lilliputians had treated him?
10. Describe how the little men that Gulliver encounters seem to treat him. Are they afraid of him? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)