|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the journey take?
(a) eight days
(b) all day and all night
(c) five days
(d) three days
2. What happens to cause Gulliver to abandon ship during his first voyage after the second time his practice failed?
(a) The ship hit a rock.
(b) The ship randomly sprung a leak.
(c) There is a mutany on board the ship.
(d) The ship was attacked by pirates.
3. One of the provisions of Gulliver's release is that he will not leave without what?
(a) at least five townspeople
(b) an honor guard
(c) the emperor
4. A couple days after Gulliver's game is played, some men find a strange object where?
(a) in the woods
(b) in Gulliver's shoe
(c) on the beach
(d) in a field
5. Out of concern for losing an eye, Gulliver does what, while swimming away from the enemy?
(a) swims totally under the water
(b) puts a helmet on
(c) swims holding a shield out in front of his face
(d) puts on his glasses
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the people decide to take Gulliver?
2. Why is Gulliver getting ill?
3. Where does the farmer's wife let Gulliver sleep?
4. What item of Gulliver's do the Lilliputians think is an oracle?
5. Gulliver learns that the war between the Lilliputians and the Blefuscians has to do with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the little men that Gulliver encounters seem to treat him. Are they afraid of him? Why or why not?
2. Describe the misunderstanding that the emperor's men have about Gulliver's watch.
3. What are the differences between how the giants in Part 2, Chapter 1 treat Gulliver initially and how the Lilliputians had treated him?
4. Describe the relationship between Gulliver and the farmer's daughter.
5. Explain how it is decided whether Gulliver will be killed or not.
6. Describe what happens to Gulliver at the Inn and what the farmer decides to do with him afterward.
7. What is the emperor of the little people like? What type of personality does he seem to have?
8. Explain how the people treat Gulliver, the longer he stays their captive.
9. What are the ways in which Gulliver defines the relationship between Lilliput and Blefuscu?
10. How does Gulliver describe the emperor's attitude during Gulliver's capture?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)