|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Gulliver been on Blefuscu, when he sees something wash up on shore?
(a) seven weeks
(b) seven days
(c) three days
(d) three weeks
2. Out of concern for losing an eye, Gulliver does what, while swimming away from the enemy?
(a) swims totally under the water
(b) swims holding a shield out in front of his face
(c) puts a helmet on
(d) puts on his glasses
3. What do the Lilliputians do to people who are not honest?
(a) put them in jail
(b) kill them
(c) make them work the worst jobs
(d) banish them
4. What are the two factions in Lilliput called?
(a) the low heels and the high heels
(b) the blue hats and the red hats
(c) the low hats and the high hats
(d) the blue heels and the red heels
5. How do the Lilliputians write on paper?
(a) from right to left
(b) upside down
Short Answer Questions
1. When the men go onto an island to find water, Gulliver becomes separated from them and then sees them rowing back to the boat with what following them?
2. What happens to cause Gulliver to abandon ship during his first voyage after the second time his practice failed?
3. Who buys Gulliver from the farmer?
4. Which of the following is not a reason that Gulliver is being brought up on charges by the Lilliputians.
5. According to the old written laws, Lilliputians cannot hold public office if they do not believe in what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the farmer's attitude seem to change toward Gulliver in Part 2, Chapter 3 and why?
2. What does Gulliver learn from his first impressions, in Part 2, Chapter 1, when he encounters the giants?
3. About a month after Gulliver is freed, the principal secretary pays him a visit. What does the secretary explain to Gulliver about the problems facing the Lilliputians and how does Gulliver's freedom factor in?
4. Describe some of the mishaps that Gulliver describes in part 2, chapter 5.
5. Why does the secretary tell Gulliver that the Lilliputians and the people of Blefuscu are at war?
6. Instead of sending Gulliver back to Lilliput, what does the emperor of Blefuscu do?
7. What is the emperor of the little people like? What type of personality does he seem to have?
8. Describe what happens to Gulliver at the Inn and what the farmer decides to do with him afterward.
9. How is the treatment Gulliver gets from the queen who buys him from the farmer, different from the treatment Gulliver got from the farmer?
10. What are the circumstances of Gulliver's eventual freedom?
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)