|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to cause Gulliver to abandon ship during his first voyage after the second time his practice failed?
(a) The ship randomly sprung a leak.
(b) The ship was attacked by pirates.
(c) There is a mutany on board the ship.
(d) The ship hit a rock.
2. Gulliver makes up what sort of game?
(a) a memory game
(b) a war game
(c) a card game
(d) a guessing game
3. Where do many people come to see Gulliver, once the farmer takes him to town?
(a) at thef armer's friend's house
(b) in a park
(c) at the palace
(d) at an inn
4. The main city is how many miles long?
5. Instead of staying for his sentencing, where does Gulliver decide to go?
(a) deep into the woods
(b) to a hidden cave by the beach
(d) back home to England
Short Answer Questions
1. The Lilliputians think that fraud is worse than what offense?
2. Out of concern for losing an eye, Gulliver does what, while swimming away from the enemy?
3. Which of the following is not a reason that Gulliver is being brought up on charges by the Lilliputians.
4. Gulliver describes his adventures with what kind of creature that is jealous of him?
5. Who teaches Gulliver the language of the giants?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was it a good idea for the emperor to have Gulliver taught the language? Why or why not?
2. Explain what the provisions of Gulliver's release say about how the little people view Gulliver and about their attitude.
3. How does Gulliver say that criminals are treated by the Lilliputians?
4. Describe what happens to Gulliver at the Inn and what the farmer decides to do with him afterward.
5. Describe at least four of the provisions of Gulliver's release.
6. How does Gulliver describe the emperor's attitude during Gulliver's capture?
7. Why does the secretary tell Gulliver that the Lilliputians and the people of Blefuscu are at war?
8. How does Gulliver say that the Lilliputian children are raised?
9. Why does Gulliver finally decide to leave and go to Blefuscu?
10. What is the king's attitude toward Gulliver in all of Part 2, Chapter 5?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)