|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gulliver explains that he loves the kitchen and has done what, since getting to the palace?
(a) gained weight
(b) taught the chef to make English dishes
(c) learned to cook from the farmer's daughter, when the chef had gone to bed
(d) learned to cook some of the queen's favorites from the chef
2. How do the Lilliputians bury their dead?
(a) with legs at a ninety degree angle to bodies
(b) with heads down
(c) with arms folded behind their heads
(d) with arms straight up
3. Gulliver notes that hundreds of what sort of animal are kept by the royal family?
4. Gulliver tells the emperor to keep the gunpowder away from what?
(b) the castle
5. Where do the people decide to take Gulliver?
(b) out into the ocean
(c) the woods
(d) the capital city
6. Who becomes Gulliver's nurse?
(a) the princess
(b) the king
(c) the queen
(d) the farmer's daughter
7. Gulliver says that what happened during a man's execution?
(a) The man was drowned.
(b) The man's head was cut off.
(c) The man was hung.
(d) The man was shot.
8. Gulliver gets lost while running where?
(a) corn field
9. Which item did Gulliver hide from the Lilliputian guards?
(a) a comb
(c) a telescope
(d) a razor
10. During Gulliver's game, Gulliver saves a man and a what?
11. What do the Lilliputians do to people who are not honest?
(a) kill them
(b) put them in jail
(c) make them work the worst jobs
(d) banish them
12. What does Gulliver first try to tell the king, using hand gestures?
(a) Gulliver is lost.
(b) Gulliver is hungry.
(c) Gulliver is friendly.
(d) Gulliver is tired.
13. Gulliver also has to help deliver what?
(c) fire wood
14. Which item did the Lilliputian guards not find on Gulliver?
(a) a handkerchief
(b) a comb
(d) a pocketknife
15. What does the emperor do prior to Gulliver's sentencing?
(a) He disappears.
(b) He tries to convince the people that Gulliver is evil.
(c) He sends out a decree.
(d) He resigns his post.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do many people come to see Gulliver, once the farmer takes him to town?
2. Gulliver is once captured by what sort of animal?
3. What sort of dance does Gulliver go on to explain that the Lilliputians do?
4. What is the name of the captain of the ship Gulliver is on?
5. What convinces the farmer that Gulliver is a small human?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)