|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gulliver explains that most Lilliputian children are raised by whom?
(b) fathers only
(d) mothers only
2. Some ambassadors come from Blefuscu, hoping to do what?
(a) get the emperor to agree to come to Blefescu and visit
(b) make a peace treaty
(c) get their ships back
(d) get the emperor's help to cure an illness that is killing many people
3. How old does Gulliver think the Emperor of Lilliput is?
(a) around 70
(b) around 50
(c) around 90
(d) around 30
4. Why does Gulliver have trouble seeing the inner palace?
(a) The inner palace is under construction.
(b) The inner palace was too tiny for Gulliver to see.
(c) There are two many houses between Gulliver and the inner palace.
(d) The inner palace is under heavy guard.
5. One young man is beaten and thrown out because he tries to shoot what at Gulliver's head?
(a) a gun
(b) an arrow
(c) a nut
(d) a rock
6. How do the men ensure that Gulliver will not escape, once he is in the temple?
(a) They lock Gulliver in the Temple.
(b) They shackle Gulliver.
(c) They take Gulliver's shoes away, so he can't walk on the harsh ground.
(d) They leave Gulliver tied up with rope.
7. Gulliver describes his adventures with what kind of creature that is jealous of him?
(a) a dwarf
(b) an elf
(c) a gnome
(d) a sprite
8. When Gulliver gets his hand free from his bonds, what do the men do?
(a) tie his hand back up
(b) untie him completely
(c) shoot little arrows
(d) throw rocks
9. Gulliver describes the dwarf shaking what from a tree and hitting Gulliver?
10. When does the emperor have shows put on for Gulliver?
(a) when Gulliver complains tot he emperor about his boredom
(b) after Gulliver saves the emperor's life
(c) when Gulliver understands the language better
(d) when the performers meet Gulliver and trust him
11. Gulliver explains that he loves the kitchen and has done what, since getting to the palace?
(a) learned to cook some of the queen's favorites from the chef
(b) gained weight
(c) learned to cook from the farmer's daughter, when the chef had gone to bed
(d) taught the chef to make English dishes
12. How does Gulliver prosper after returning to England?
(a) He writes books.
(b) He sells his cattle.
(c) He restarts his medical practice.
(d) He runs a boarding house.
13. Gulliver notes that hundreds of what sort of animal are kept by the royal family?
14. Another provision states that Gulliver cannot come within the city limits without how much warning?
(a) twenty-four hours
(b) eight hours
(c) forty-eight hours
(d) two hours
15. Gulliver tells the emperor to keep the gunpowder away from what?
(d) the castle
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of staying for his sentencing, where does Gulliver decide to go?
2. Gulliver describes the island as a peninsula with what at the end?
3. Gulliver decides to seize the enemy's what?
4. What do the Lilliputians do to people who are not honest?
5. What does Gulliver set sail with?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)