|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Gulliver accidentally insult at the farmer's house?
(a) the farmer's friend
(b) the farmer's daughter
(c) the farmer
(d) the farmer's wife
2. Where do many people come to see Gulliver, once the farmer takes him to town?
(a) at thef armer's friend's house
(b) in a park
(c) at an inn
(d) at the palace
3. What sort of dance does Gulliver go on to explain that the Lilliputians do?
(a) a ribbon dance
(b) a rain dance
(c) a rope dance
(d) a risque dance
4. Gulliver describes the inner city as a collection of houses at least how many stories high?
5. Who pays Gulliver a visit, a month after Gulliver is freed?
(a) the treasurer
(b) the queen
(c) the principal secretary
(d) the emperor
6. Who teaches Gulliver the language of the giants?
(a) the farmer's daughter
(b) the farmer
(c) the farmer's wife
(d) the farmer's son
7. What is the last man that does not want Gulliver set free?
(a) a Skybol Golelam
(b) a Skygeah Globeam
(c) a Skyreah Bolgolam
(d) a Skygol Reaham
8. What strange item do the men find, a few days after Gulliver's game is played?
(a) Gulliver's pants
(b) Gulliver's shirt
(c) Gulliver's hat
(d) Gulliver's shoe
9. Gulliver learns that the war between the Lilliputians and the Blefuscians has to do with what?
(a) stolen land
(c) a long-standing family feud
(d) religious beliefs
10. What do the Lilliputians do to people who are not honest?
(a) kill them
(b) make them work the worst jobs
(c) banish them
(d) put them in jail
11. How are the commoners punished for shooting arrows at Gulliver?
(a) They are killed.
(b) They are pushed within Gulliver's range.
(c) They are put in jail.
(d) They are banished.
12. Gulliver explains that most Lilliputian children are raised by whom?
(a) mothers only
(c) fathers only
13. Where does the farmer's wife let Gulliver sleep?
(a) in the barn in a haystack
(b) outside in the dog house
(c) in a box on the table
(d) in her bedroom
14. Gulliver must agree, also, to be an ally against the people of what place?
15. When does the emperor have shows put on for Gulliver?
(a) after Gulliver saves the emperor's life
(b) when Gulliver complains tot he emperor about his boredom
(c) when the performers meet Gulliver and trust him
(d) when Gulliver understands the language better
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the provisions of Gulliver's release is that he will not leave without what?
2. In the garden, Gulliver was once carried off by what color spaniel?
3. Which item did the Lilliputian guards find, when they searched Gulliver?
4. After his dingy is overturned and Gulliver swims to shore, what does he do?
5. Why does the farmer decide to make Gulliver work hard after Gulliver gets ill?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)