|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gulliver is once captured by what sort of animal?
2. When Gulliver gets his hand free from his bonds, what do the men do?
(a) untie him completely
(b) shoot little arrows
(c) throw rocks
(d) tie his hand back up
3. How long does Gulliver stay with his wife before setting sail again?
(a) two months
(b) two days
(c) two years
(d) two weeks
4. After Gulliver's schooling was complete and his first voyage was over, where did he marry and settle down?
5. How did Gulliver hide things from the Lilliputian guards?
(a) in a hole in the ground
(b) in his mouth
(c) in a secret pocket
(d) under a bed
6. While Gulliver is sleeping, they bring in a mechanism that was made specifically to do what to him?
(a) restrain him
(b) carry him
(c) house him
(d) feed him
7. Where do the people decide to take Gulliver?
(a) out into the ocean
(b) the woods
(c) the capital city
8. How long does the journey take?
(a) three days
(b) all day and all night
(c) eight days
(d) five days
9. Who buys Gulliver from the farmer?
(a) the king
(b) a lawyer
(c) a doctor
(d) the queen
10. Where does the farmer's wife let Gulliver sleep?
(a) in the barn in a haystack
(b) in her bedroom
(c) outside in the dog house
(d) in a box on the table
11. Why does Gulliver say that he finally left the kingdom?
(a) He learned of a plot against him.
(b) He was homesick.
(c) He wanted to explore other places.
(d) He took a short boat ride and became hopelessly lost.
12. Gulliver describes the inner city as a collection of houses at least how many stories high?
13. How old does Gulliver think the Emperor of Lilliput is?
(a) around 50
(b) around 30
(c) around 90
(d) around 70
14. What is the name of the captain of the ship Gulliver is on?
(a) John Nicholas
(b) Nicholas John
(c) Nicholas James
(d) James Nicholas
15. Where do many people come to see Gulliver, once the farmer takes him to town?
(a) at an inn
(b) at thef armer's friend's house
(c) in a park
(d) at the palace
Short Answer Questions
1. Gulliver tells of seeing beggars with giant what?
2. Gulliver learns that the war between the Lilliputians and the Blefuscians has to do with what?
3. What does Gulliver first try to tell the king, using hand gestures?
4. When he awakes, what kind of people surround Gulliver?
5. What do the Lilliputians do to people who are not honest?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)