|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Gulliver schooled to become?
(a) a sailor
(b) a surgeon
(c) a teacher
(d) a carpenter
2. What does the emperor do prior to Gulliver's sentencing?
(a) He sends out a decree.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He tries to convince the people that Gulliver is evil.
(d) He resigns his post.
3. How long does the journey take?
(a) all day and all night
(b) three days
(c) five days
(d) eight days
4. In the garden, Gulliver was once carried off by what color spaniel?
5. What convinces the farmer that Gulliver is a small human?
(a) Gulliver gives the farmer money.
(b) Gulliver gives the farmer his telescope.
(c) Gulliver shows the farmer a map of England
(d) Gulliver speaks English.
6. When Gulliver gets his hand free from his bonds, what do the men do?
(a) throw rocks
(b) untie him completely
(c) shoot little arrows
(d) tie his hand back up
7. What sort of dance does Gulliver go on to explain that the Lilliputians do?
(a) a risque dance
(b) a ribbon dance
(c) a rope dance
(d) a rain dance
8. How does Gulliver's sword scare the guards?
(a) The sword catches the light and blinds them.
(b) The sword falls to the ground and almost crushes them.
(c) Gulliver thros the sword across the room and it sticks in the ground next to the king.
(d) Gulliver pretends to use the sword to stab at them.
9. What do the Lilliputians do to people who are not honest?
(a) put them in jail
(b) kill them
(c) make them work the worst jobs
(d) banish them
10. How long has Gulliver been on Blefuscu, when he sees something wash up on shore?
(a) three weeks
(b) seven weeks
(c) three days
(d) seven days
11. How did Gulliver hide things from the Lilliputian guards?
(a) under a bed
(b) in a secret pocket
(c) in a hole in the ground
(d) in his mouth
12. Who teaches Gulliver the language of the giants?
(a) the farmer's wife
(b) the farmer
(c) the farmer's son
(d) the farmer's daughter
13. During the journey, Gulliver awakes only once when a couple of the curious accidentally make him do what?
14. How do the Lilliputians write on paper?
(b) upside down
(c) from right to left
15. Which of the following is not a reason that Gulliver is being brought up on charges by the Lilliputians.
(a) planning to sail tot he enemy's land
(b) not following orders about destroying the people of Blefuscu
(c) being friendly to the ambassadors
(d) secretly marrying a woman from Blefuscu
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of staying for his sentencing, where does Gulliver decide to go?
2. When does the emperor have shows put on for Gulliver?
3. A couple days after Gulliver's game is played, some men find a strange object where?
4. Where does the farmer's wife let Gulliver sleep?
5. What does the emperor of Blefuscu decide to do when he finds out about the articles against Gulliver?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)