|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Gulliver think the Emperor of Lilliput is?
(a) around 30
(b) around 90
(c) around 50
(d) around 70
2. What sort of dance does Gulliver go on to explain that the Lilliputians do?
(a) a rope dance
(b) a rain dance
(c) a risque dance
(d) a ribbon dance
3. How old is the farmer's daughter?
4. What does the emperor do prior to Gulliver's sentencing?
(a) He resigns his post.
(b) He sends out a decree.
(c) He disappears.
(d) He tries to convince the people that Gulliver is evil.
5. Gulliver helps the emperor's guards to search what?
(a) the countryside for a missing child
(b) the shore line, where Gulliver originally washed up
(c) Gulliver's pockets
(d) the house of a suspected criminal
6. What does Gulliver see washing towards the shore, after he is with the Bleuscians?
(a) a dead fish
(b) a hat
(c) a boat
(d) a sailor
7. How do the men ensure that Gulliver will not escape, once he is in the temple?
(a) They lock Gulliver in the Temple.
(b) They leave Gulliver tied up with rope.
(c) They take Gulliver's shoes away, so he can't walk on the harsh ground.
(d) They shackle Gulliver.
8. Where do many people come to see Gulliver, once the farmer takes him to town?
(a) at thef armer's friend's house
(b) in a park
(c) at an inn
(d) at the palace
9. A couple days after Gulliver's game is played, some men find a strange object where?
(a) in the woods
(b) in Gulliver's shoe
(c) on the beach
(d) in a field
10. Who teaches Gulliver the language of the giants?
(a) the farmer's daughter
(b) the farmer
(c) the farmer's son
(d) the farmer's wife
11. Gulliver describes the island as a peninsula with what at the end?
(a) a mountain
(b) a meadow
(c) a volcano
(d) a pit
12. Gulliver notes that hundreds of what sort of animal are kept by the royal family?
13. What was Gulliver schooled to become?
(a) a surgeon
(b) a carpenter
(c) a teacher
(d) a sailor
14. Gulliver says that what happened during a man's execution?
(a) The man was shot.
(b) The man's head was cut off.
(c) The man was hung.
(d) The man was drowned.
15. One young man is beaten and thrown out because he tries to shoot what at Gulliver's head?
(a) a gun
(b) an arrow
(c) a rock
(d) a nut
Short Answer Questions
1. After the emperor reads the list of things found on Gulliver, what does he ask for?
2. How does Gulliver prosper after returning to England?
3. During the journey, Gulliver awakes only once when a couple of the curious accidentally make him do what?
4. How long does Gulliver stay with his wife before setting sail again?
5. What do the Lilliputians do to people who are not honest?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)