|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the emperor reads the list of things found on Gulliver, what does he ask for?
(a) the telescope
(b) the sword
(c) the pocketknife
(d) the razor
2. Why does Gulliver say that he finally left the kingdom?
(a) He took a short boat ride and became hopelessly lost.
(b) He was homesick.
(c) He learned of a plot against him.
(d) He wanted to explore other places.
3. What sort of dance does Gulliver go on to explain that the Lilliputians do?
(a) a risque dance
(b) a rope dance
(c) a rain dance
(d) a ribbon dance
4. Gulliver helps the emperor's guards to search what?
(a) the shore line, where Gulliver originally washed up
(b) Gulliver's pockets
(c) the countryside for a missing child
(d) the house of a suspected criminal
5. Who pays Gulliver a visit, a month after Gulliver is freed?
(a) the queen
(b) the treasurer
(c) the principal secretary
(d) the emperor
6. What is the name of Gulliver's nurse?
7. When does the emperor have shows put on for Gulliver?
(a) when the performers meet Gulliver and trust him
(b) when Gulliver understands the language better
(c) after Gulliver saves the emperor's life
(d) when Gulliver complains tot he emperor about his boredom
8. During Gulliver's game, Gulliver saves a man and a what?
9. What are the two factions in Lilliput called?
(a) the low heels and the high heels
(b) the blue heels and the red heels
(c) the blue hats and the red hats
(d) the low hats and the high hats
10. How many children does the farmer have?
11. Gulliver decides to seize the enemy's what?
12. When Gulliver gets his hand free from his bonds, what do the men do?
(a) untie him completely
(b) tie his hand back up
(c) shoot little arrows
(d) throw rocks
13. According to the old written laws, Lilliputians cannot hold public office if they do not believe in what?
(a) Divine Providence
(b) compassion towards others
14. Who buys Gulliver from the farmer?
(a) the king
(b) a doctor
(c) a lawyer
(d) the queen
15. After Gulliver's schooling was complete and his first voyage was over, where did he marry and settle down?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Gulliver schooled to become?
2. What happens to cause Gulliver to abandon ship during his first voyage after the second time his practice failed?
3. Why is Gulliver getting ill?
4. A couple days after Gulliver's game is played, some men find a strange object where?
5. The main city is how many miles long?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)