|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came to see Gulliver, after he was rescued from the animal?
(a) the farmer and his wife
(b) the queen alone
(c) the king and queen
(d) the king alone
2. How long does the journey take?
(a) five days
(b) all day and all night
(c) three days
(d) eight days
3. Another provision states that Gulliver cannot come within the city limits without how much warning?
(a) two hours
(b) eight hours
(c) forty-eight hours
(d) twenty-four hours
4. What sort of dance does Gulliver go on to explain that the Lilliputians do?
(a) a rope dance
(b) a risque dance
(c) a ribbon dance
(d) a rain dance
5. Which item did the Lilliputian guards find, when they searched Gulliver?
(b) a razor
(c) a portrait of Gulliver's wife
(d) a telescope
6. When Gulliver gets his hand free from his bonds, what do the men do?
(a) shoot little arrows
(b) tie his hand back up
(c) throw rocks
(d) untie him completely
7. How long does Gulliver stay with his wife before setting sail again?
(a) two weeks
(b) two days
(c) two years
(d) two months
8. How do the Lilliputians write on paper?
(a) upside down
(c) from right to left
9. What does the emperor of Blefuscu decide to do when he finds out about the articles against Gulliver?
(a) He says that he will not send Gulliver back.
(b) He locks Gulliver up until the LIlliputians come to get him.
(c) He sends Gulliver into hiding.
(d) He sends Gulliver back immediately.
10. Gulliver explains that he loves the kitchen and has done what, since getting to the palace?
(a) learned to cook from the farmer's daughter, when the chef had gone to bed
(b) gained weight
(c) taught the chef to make English dishes
(d) learned to cook some of the queen's favorites from the chef
11. How long has Gulliver been on Blefuscu, when he sees something wash up on shore?
(a) seven weeks
(b) seven days
(c) three weeks
(d) three days
12. What do the people occasionally catch in the sea?
(b) normal fish
(d) boats full of men
13. How old does Gulliver think the Emperor of Lilliput is?
(a) around 70
(b) around 50
(c) around 90
(d) around 30
14. Gulliver tells of seeing beggars with giant what?
15. Gulliver notes that hundreds of what sort of animal are kept by the royal family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two factions in Lilliput called?
2. Which item did Gulliver hide from the Lilliputian guards?
3. How do the men ensure that Gulliver will not escape, once he is in the temple?
4. Some ambassadors come from Blefuscu, hoping to do what?
5. How many children does the farmer have?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)