|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the garden, Gulliver was once carried off by what color spaniel?
2. Who becomes Gulliver's nurse?
(a) the king
(b) the queen
(c) the farmer's daughter
(d) the princess
3. Gulliver also has to help deliver what?
(d) fire wood
4. Why does Gulliver say that he finally left the kingdom?
(a) He learned of a plot against him.
(b) He wanted to explore other places.
(c) He took a short boat ride and became hopelessly lost.
(d) He was homesick.
5. When the men go onto an island to find water, Gulliver becomes separated from them and then sees them rowing back to the boat with what following them?
(a) a dolphin
(c) a shark
(d) a giant
6. Gulliver describes the dwarf shaking what from a tree and hitting Gulliver?
7. How long does Gulliver stay with his wife before setting sail again?
(a) two years
(b) two weeks
(c) two days
(d) two months
8. How long does the journey take?
(a) all day and all night
(b) five days
(c) eight days
(d) three days
9. Where do many people come to see Gulliver, once the farmer takes him to town?
(a) at the palace
(b) in a park
(c) at thef armer's friend's house
(d) at an inn
10. What does Gulliver set sail with?
(a) little girls
(b) little animals
(c) little boys
(d) little plants
11. When he awakes, what kind of people surround Gulliver?
(a) men painted green
(b) six-inch-tall men
(c) six-foot-tall men
(d) men painted blue
12. Gulliver estimated that about how many people lived in the inner city?
13. Who buys Gulliver from the farmer?
(a) a lawyer
(b) the queen
(c) a doctor
(d) the king
14. Which item did the Lilliputian guards not find on Gulliver?
(a) a pocketknife
(c) a handkerchief
(d) a comb
15. Gulliver describes the island as a peninsula with what at the end?
(a) a pit
(b) a meadow
(c) a volcano
(d) a mountain
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came to see Gulliver, after he was rescued from the animal?
2. How long is Gulliver told it will be before the reading of the articles?
3. What do the people occasionally catch in the sea?
4. Which item did the Lilliputian guards find, when they searched Gulliver?
5. While Gulliver is sleeping, they bring in a mechanism that was made specifically to do what to him?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)