|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the emperor have shows put on for Gulliver?
(a) when Gulliver understands the language better
(b) after Gulliver saves the emperor's life
(c) when Gulliver complains tot he emperor about his boredom
(d) when the performers meet Gulliver and trust him
2. Gulliver says that what happened during a man's execution?
(a) The man was shot.
(b) The man's head was cut off.
(c) The man was hung.
(d) The man was drowned.
3. Where do many people come to see Gulliver, once the farmer takes him to town?
(a) in a park
(b) at the palace
(c) at an inn
(d) at thef armer's friend's house
4. When the men go onto an island to find water, Gulliver becomes separated from them and then sees them rowing back to the boat with what following them?
(b) a shark
(c) a giant
(d) a dolphin
5. Gulliver tells the emperor that he will never do what?
(a) help the people bring in crops
(b) help the people kill the emperor
(c) help jail the innocent
(d) help to place the people in slavery
6. What do the people occasionally catch in the sea?
(b) boats full of men
(c) normal fish
7. Gulliver learns that the war between the Lilliputians and the Blefuscians has to do with what?
(b) a long-standing family feud
(c) religious beliefs
(d) stolen land
8. What is the name of Gulliver's nurse?
9. How do the Lilliputians write on paper?
(a) from right to left
(c) upside down
10. Gulliver helps the emperor's guards to search what?
(a) the shore line, where Gulliver originally washed up
(b) the countryside for a missing child
(c) the house of a suspected criminal
(d) Gulliver's pockets
11. Which of the following punishments do the people settle on for Gulliver?
(a) cut off his nose and slowly starve him
(b) poke his eyes out and slowly starve him
(c) kill him immediately by hanging
(d) poke his eyes out and banish him to the woods
12. When he awakes, what kind of people surround Gulliver?
(a) men painted blue
(b) six-foot-tall men
(c) six-inch-tall men
(d) men painted green
13. Why does the farmer decide to make Gulliver work hard after Gulliver gets ill?
(a) The farmer wants to make more money before Gulliver dies.
(b) The farmer hopes that working will make Gulliver feel better.
(c) The farmer wants Gulliver to make people in the city sick, so that those in the farm lands can take over.
(d) The farmer hopes that someone else will offer to buy Gulliver and be able to cure him.
14. Some ambassadors come from Blefuscu, hoping to do what?
(a) get their ships back
(b) get the emperor's help to cure an illness that is killing many people
(c) make a peace treaty
(d) get the emperor to agree to come to Blefescu and visit
15. A couple days after Gulliver's game is played, some men find a strange object where?
(a) in the woods
(b) on the beach
(c) in a field
(d) in Gulliver's shoe
Short Answer Questions
1. Gulliver tells the emperor to keep the gunpowder away from what?
2. Which item did the Lilliputian guards not find on Gulliver?
3. What does the farmer's daughter think Gulliver is?
4. Gulliver decides to seize the enemy's what?
5. Gulliver gets lost while running where?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)