|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gulliver also has to help deliver what?
(c) fire wood
2. The king sends for how many scholars to examine Gulliver?
3. Gulliver explains that most Lilliputian children are raised by whom?
(c) mothers only
(d) fathers only
4. How old does Gulliver think the Emperor of Lilliput is?
(a) around 50
(b) around 30
(c) around 90
(d) around 70
5. How old is the farmer's daughter?
6. One young man is beaten and thrown out because he tries to shoot what at Gulliver's head?
(a) a rock
(b) a gun
(c) a nut
(d) an arrow
7. After the emperor reads the list of things found on Gulliver, what does he ask for?
(a) the telescope
(b) the razor
(c) the pocketknife
(d) the sword
8. What do the Lilliputians do to people who are not honest?
(a) put them in jail
(b) kill them
(c) banish them
(d) make them work the worst jobs
9. After Gulliver's schooling was complete and his first voyage was over, where did he marry and settle down?
10. Why is Gulliver getting ill?
(a) He can't drink the water in the land.
(b) He is being overworked by the farmer.
(c) He has caught one of the giant's diseases.
(d) He can't eat the food in the land.
11. What strange item do the men find, a few days after Gulliver's game is played?
(a) Gulliver's shoe
(b) Gulliver's pants
(c) Gulliver's hat
(d) Gulliver's shirt
12. How long does the journey take?
(a) eight days
(b) three days
(c) five days
(d) all day and all night
13. Another provision states that Gulliver cannot come within the city limits without how much warning?
(a) twenty-four hours
(b) two hours
(c) eight hours
(d) forty-eight hours
14. What is the last man that does not want Gulliver set free?
(a) a Skygeah Globeam
(b) a Skygol Reaham
(c) a Skyreah Bolgolam
(d) a Skybol Golelam
15. When does the emperor have shows put on for Gulliver?
(a) after Gulliver saves the emperor's life
(b) when the performers meet Gulliver and trust him
(c) when Gulliver complains tot he emperor about his boredom
(d) when Gulliver understands the language better
Short Answer Questions
1. Gulliver describes his adventures with what kind of creature that is jealous of him?
2. Gulliver makes up what sort of game?
3. Some ambassadors come from Blefuscu, hoping to do what?
4. Gulliver says that what happened during a man's execution?
5. What does Gulliver set sail with?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)