|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do many people come to see Gulliver, once the farmer takes him to town?
(a) at an inn
(b) in a park
(c) at the palace
(d) at thef armer's friend's house
2. How old is the farmer's daughter?
3. Gulliver makes up what sort of game?
(a) a memory game
(b) a war game
(c) a card game
(d) a guessing game
4. Who becomes Gulliver's nurse?
(a) the king
(b) the queen
(c) the farmer's daughter
(d) the princess
5. What strange item do the men find, a few days after Gulliver's game is played?
(a) Gulliver's shirt
(b) Gulliver's pants
(c) Gulliver's shoe
(d) Gulliver's hat
6. Gulliver tells the emperor that he will never do what?
(a) help the people bring in crops
(b) help the people kill the emperor
(c) help to place the people in slavery
(d) help jail the innocent
7. Which item did the Lilliputian guards not find on Gulliver?
(a) a handkerchief
(b) a pocketknife
(c) a comb
8. Gulliver is once captured by what sort of animal?
9. Who pays Gulliver a visit, a month after Gulliver is freed?
(a) the principal secretary
(b) the emperor
(c) the treasurer
(d) the queen
10. Gulliver describes the dwarf shaking what from a tree and hitting Gulliver?
11. Gulliver gets lost while running where?
(d) corn field
12. Why does the farmer decide to make Gulliver work hard after Gulliver gets ill?
(a) The farmer hopes that someone else will offer to buy Gulliver and be able to cure him.
(b) The farmer hopes that working will make Gulliver feel better.
(c) The farmer wants to make more money before Gulliver dies.
(d) The farmer wants Gulliver to make people in the city sick, so that those in the farm lands can take over.
13. What happens to cause Gulliver to abandon ship during his first voyage after the second time his practice failed?
(a) The ship hit a rock.
(b) The ship randomly sprung a leak.
(c) There is a mutany on board the ship.
(d) The ship was attacked by pirates.
14. After Gulliver's schooling was complete and his first voyage was over, where did he marry and settle down?
15. What is the name of the captain of the ship Gulliver is on?
(a) John Nicholas
(b) Nicholas John
(c) Nicholas James
(d) James Nicholas
Short Answer Questions
1. While Gulliver is sleeping, they bring in a mechanism that was made specifically to do what to him?
2. In the garden, Gulliver was once carried off by what color spaniel?
3. When does the emperor have shows put on for Gulliver?
4. Gulliver describes his adventures with what kind of creature that is jealous of him?
5. Where does the farmer's wife let Gulliver sleep?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)