|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the journey take?
(a) three days
(b) five days
(c) eight days
(d) all day and all night
2. Gulliver explains that he loves the kitchen and has done what, since getting to the palace?
(a) learned to cook from the farmer's daughter, when the chef had gone to bed
(b) learned to cook some of the queen's favorites from the chef
(c) gained weight
(d) taught the chef to make English dishes
3. Gulliver must agree, also, to be an ally against the people of what place?
4. Gulliver tells of seeing beggars with giant what?
5. What does Gulliver first try to tell the king, using hand gestures?
(a) Gulliver is lost.
(b) Gulliver is friendly.
(c) Gulliver is hungry.
(d) Gulliver is tired.
6. What sort of dance does Gulliver go on to explain that the Lilliputians do?
(a) a risque dance
(b) a rain dance
(c) a rope dance
(d) a ribbon dance
7. Who does Gulliver accidentally insult at the farmer's house?
(a) the farmer's friend
(b) the farmer
(c) the farmer's wife
(d) the farmer's daughter
8. How does Gulliver's sword scare the guards?
(a) Gulliver thros the sword across the room and it sticks in the ground next to the king.
(b) Gulliver pretends to use the sword to stab at them.
(c) The sword falls to the ground and almost crushes them.
(d) The sword catches the light and blinds them.
9. Gulliver gets lost while running where?
(c) corn field
10. Which item did Gulliver hide from the Lilliputian guards?
(a) a razor
(c) a comb
(d) a telescope
11. What do the people occasionally catch in the sea?
(c) normal fish
(d) boats full of men
12. The people that can do what are picked for the best jobs?
(a) swim the furthest from the island and get back safely
(b) sing the best
(c) jump the highest
(d) climb the highest
13. At first, the emperor wants to destroy the enemy fleet and, therefore subject the people to be governed by what?
(c) a queen
(d) a viceroy
14. During Gulliver's game, Gulliver saves a man and a what?
15. What do the Lilliputians do to people who are not honest?
(a) make them work the worst jobs
(b) put them in jail
(c) kill them
(d) banish them
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gulliver prosper after returning to England?
2. Who teaches Gulliver the language of the giants?
3. How do the Lilliputians bury their dead?
4. Gulliver is once captured by what sort of animal?
5. Why does Gulliver have trouble seeing the inner palace?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)