|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gulliver tells of seeing beggars with giant what?
2. Why does Gulliver say that he finally left the kingdom?
(a) He was homesick.
(b) He wanted to explore other places.
(c) He took a short boat ride and became hopelessly lost.
(d) He learned of a plot against him.
3. What happens to cause Gulliver to abandon ship during his first voyage after the second time his practice failed?
(a) The ship hit a rock.
(b) There is a mutany on board the ship.
(c) The ship was attacked by pirates.
(d) The ship randomly sprung a leak.
4. How do the Lilliputians bury their dead?
(a) with arms folded behind their heads
(b) with legs at a ninety degree angle to bodies
(c) with heads down
(d) with arms straight up
5. How long has Gulliver been on Blefuscu, when he sees something wash up on shore?
(a) seven weeks
(b) three weeks
(c) seven days
(d) three days
6. Some ambassadors come from Blefuscu, hoping to do what?
(a) get the emperor's help to cure an illness that is killing many people
(b) make a peace treaty
(c) get the emperor to agree to come to Blefescu and visit
(d) get their ships back
7. While Gulliver is sleeping, they bring in a mechanism that was made specifically to do what to him?
(a) restrain him
(b) feed him
(c) house him
(d) carry him
8. Gulliver tells the emperor to keep the gunpowder away from what?
(c) the castle
9. Gulliver also has to help deliver what?
(b) fire wood
10. Gulliver gets lost while running where?
(b) corn field
11. Gulliver must agree, also, to be an ally against the people of what place?
12. Gulliver learns that the war between the Lilliputians and the Blefuscians has to do with what?
(b) a long-standing family feud
(c) religious beliefs
(d) stolen land
13. Due to trade and the fact that many of the people send their children to the opposite island to become more worldly, what does Gulliver say happens?
(a) Most people have relatives on each island
(b) Most people have houses on each island
(c) Most people spend six months on one island and then six months on the other.
(d) Most people know both languages
14. How do the Lilliputians write on paper?
(a) from right to left
(b) upside down
15. What item of Gulliver's do the Lilliputians think is an oracle?
(a) his pocketknife
(b) his handkerchief
(c) his sword
(d) his watch
Short Answer Questions
1. One young man is beaten and thrown out because he tries to shoot what at Gulliver's head?
2. Gulliver decides to seize the enemy's what?
3. Gulliver describes the inner city as a collection of houses at least how many stories high?
4. Instead of staying for his sentencing, where does Gulliver decide to go?
5. Gulliver describes the island as a peninsula with what at the end?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)