|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gulliver gets his hand free from his bonds, what do the men do?
(a) untie him completely
(b) throw rocks
(c) shoot little arrows
(d) tie his hand back up
2. Why does the farmer decide to make Gulliver work hard after Gulliver gets ill?
(a) The farmer hopes that someone else will offer to buy Gulliver and be able to cure him.
(b) The farmer hopes that working will make Gulliver feel better.
(c) The farmer wants Gulliver to make people in the city sick, so that those in the farm lands can take over.
(d) The farmer wants to make more money before Gulliver dies.
3. Who does Gulliver accidentally insult at the farmer's house?
(a) the farmer's daughter
(b) the farmer
(c) the farmer's friend
(d) the farmer's wife
4. The main city is how many miles long?
5. Who pays Gulliver a visit, a month after Gulliver is freed?
(a) the queen
(b) the emperor
(c) the treasurer
(d) the principal secretary
6. After Gulliver's schooling was complete and his first voyage was over, where did he marry and settle down?
7. Who came to see Gulliver, after he was rescued from the animal?
(a) the king and queen
(b) the farmer and his wife
(c) the queen alone
(d) the king alone
8. Gulliver is once captured by what sort of animal?
9. Who becomes Gulliver's nurse?
(a) the princess
(b) the farmer's daughter
(c) the queen
(d) the king
10. Why is Gulliver getting ill?
(a) He can't drink the water in the land.
(b) He has caught one of the giant's diseases.
(c) He can't eat the food in the land.
(d) He is being overworked by the farmer.
11. Due to trade and the fact that many of the people send their children to the opposite island to become more worldly, what does Gulliver say happens?
(a) Most people have relatives on each island
(b) Most people know both languages
(c) Most people spend six months on one island and then six months on the other.
(d) Most people have houses on each island
12. Gulliver helps the emperor's guards to search what?
(a) the countryside for a missing child
(b) Gulliver's pockets
(c) the house of a suspected criminal
(d) the shore line, where Gulliver originally washed up
13. How long does it take Gulliver to learn the language of the Lilliputians?
(a) about 3 months
(b) about 3 weeks
(c) about 3 years
(d) They learn his language. He does not learn theirs.
14. Gulliver describes his adventures with what kind of creature that is jealous of him?
(a) a gnome
(b) an elf
(c) a dwarf
(d) a sprite
15. How old is the farmer's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gulliver see washing towards the shore, after he is with the Bleuscians?
2. Why does Gulliver have trouble seeing the inner palace?
3. Gulliver notes that hundreds of what sort of animal are kept by the royal family?
4. What strange item do the men find, a few days after Gulliver's game is played?
5. Gulliver estimated that about how many people lived in the inner city?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)