Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some ambassadors come from Blefuscu, hoping to do what?
(a) get their ships back
(b) make a peace treaty
(c) get the emperor's help to cure an illness that is killing many people
(d) get the emperor to agree to come to Blefescu and visit
2. How long does the journey take?
(a) three days
(b) all day and all night
(c) eight days
(d) five days
3. How old does Gulliver think the Emperor of Lilliput is?
(a) around 90
(b) around 70
(c) around 30
(d) around 50
4. Due to trade and the fact that many of the people send their children to the opposite island to become more worldly, what does Gulliver say happens?
(a) Most people spend six months on one island and then six months on the other.
(b) Most people have relatives on each island
(c) Most people know both languages
(d) Most people have houses on each island
5. What is the name of Gulliver's nurse?
6. The people that can do what are picked for the best jobs?
(a) climb the highest
(b) sing the best
(c) jump the highest
(d) swim the furthest from the island and get back safely
7. After the emperor reads the list of things found on Gulliver, what does he ask for?
(a) the razor
(b) the telescope
(c) the sword
(d) the pocketknife
8. How long does it take Gulliver to learn the language of the Lilliputians?
(a) about 3 weeks
(b) They learn his language. He does not learn theirs.
(c) about 3 months
(d) about 3 years
9. When Gulliver gets his hand free from his bonds, what do the men do?
(a) shoot little arrows
(b) tie his hand back up
(c) untie him completely
(d) throw rocks
10. What is the name of the captain of the ship Gulliver is on?
(a) John Nicholas
(b) Nicholas James
(c) James Nicholas
(d) Nicholas John
11. How are the commoners punished for shooting arrows at Gulliver?
(a) They are killed.
(b) They are put in jail.
(c) They are pushed within Gulliver's range.
(d) They are banished.
12. Where does the farmer's wife let Gulliver sleep?
(a) in her bedroom
(b) in a box on the table
(c) outside in the dog house
(d) in the barn in a haystack
13. Who came to see Gulliver, after he was rescued from the animal?
(a) the queen alone
(b) the king and queen
(c) the king alone
(d) the farmer and his wife
14. How long does Gulliver stay with his wife before setting sail again?
(a) two weeks
(b) two months
(c) two days
(d) two years
15. How long has Gulliver been on Blefuscu, when he sees something wash up on shore?
(a) seven days
(b) seven weeks
(c) three days
(d) three weeks
Short Answer Questions
1. When the men go onto an island to find water, Gulliver becomes separated from them and then sees them rowing back to the boat with what following them?
2. Gulliver estimated that about how many people lived in the inner city?
3. Which of the following is not a reason that Gulliver is being brought up on charges by the Lilliputians.
4. How do the men ensure that Gulliver will not escape, once he is in the temple?
5. Out of concern for losing an eye, Gulliver does what, while swimming away from the enemy?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)