|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gulliver gets lost while running where?
(c) corn field
2. Gulliver describes the inner city as a collection of houses at least how many stories high?
3. Which item did Gulliver hide from the Lilliputian guards?
(b) a comb
(c) a razor
(d) a telescope
4. Out of concern for losing an eye, Gulliver does what, while swimming away from the enemy?
(a) swims totally under the water
(b) swims holding a shield out in front of his face
(c) puts a helmet on
(d) puts on his glasses
5. At first, the emperor wants to destroy the enemy fleet and, therefore subject the people to be governed by what?
(a) a queen
(c) a viceroy
6. Which item did the Lilliputian guards find, when they searched Gulliver?
(a) a razor
(b) a portrait of Gulliver's wife
(c) a telescope
7. After the emperor reads the list of things found on Gulliver, what does he ask for?
(a) the razor
(b) the telescope
(c) the sword
(d) the pocketknife
8. After his dingy is overturned and Gulliver swims to shore, what does he do?
(a) He screams for help.
(b) He builds a fire.
(c) He hunts for food.
(d) He falls asleep.
9. Gulliver helps the emperor's guards to search what?
(a) the house of a suspected criminal
(b) Gulliver's pockets
(c) the shore line, where Gulliver originally washed up
(d) the countryside for a missing child
10. Why does Gulliver have trouble seeing the inner palace?
(a) The inner palace was too tiny for Gulliver to see.
(b) The inner palace is under heavy guard.
(c) The inner palace is under construction.
(d) There are two many houses between Gulliver and the inner palace.
11. The people that can do what are picked for the best jobs?
(a) swim the furthest from the island and get back safely
(b) climb the highest
(c) sing the best
(d) jump the highest
12. Gulliver describes his adventures with what kind of creature that is jealous of him?
(a) a dwarf
(b) a gnome
(c) a sprite
(d) an elf
13. Gulliver describes the dwarf shaking what from a tree and hitting Gulliver?
14. What does the farmer's daughter think Gulliver is?
(a) a strange mouse
(b) a doll
(c) a robot
(d) a toy soldier
15. What does Gulliver set sail with?
(a) little plants
(b) little animals
(c) little boys
(d) little girls
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does the farmer have?
2. How old is the farmer's daughter?
3. One young man is beaten and thrown out because he tries to shoot what at Gulliver's head?
4. Gulliver estimated that about how many people lived in the inner city?
5. What item of Gulliver's do the Lilliputians think is an oracle?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)