|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the journey, Gulliver awakes only once when a couple of the curious accidentally make him do what?
2. How long does it take Gulliver to learn the language of the Lilliputians?
(a) They learn his language. He does not learn theirs.
(b) about 3 weeks
(c) about 3 months
(d) about 3 years
3. Why does the farmer decide to make Gulliver work hard after Gulliver gets ill?
(a) The farmer hopes that working will make Gulliver feel better.
(b) The farmer wants to make more money before Gulliver dies.
(c) The farmer wants Gulliver to make people in the city sick, so that those in the farm lands can take over.
(d) The farmer hopes that someone else will offer to buy Gulliver and be able to cure him.
4. What are the two factions in Lilliput called?
(a) the blue hats and the red hats
(b) the low heels and the high heels
(c) the low hats and the high hats
(d) the blue heels and the red heels
5. What is the last man that does not want Gulliver set free?
(a) a Skybol Golelam
(b) a Skygol Reaham
(c) a Skyreah Bolgolam
(d) a Skygeah Globeam
6. Gulliver learns that the war between the Lilliputians and the Blefuscians has to do with what?
(a) stolen land
(b) a long-standing family feud
(d) religious beliefs
7. How long does Gulliver stay with his wife before setting sail again?
(a) two days
(b) two months
(c) two years
(d) two weeks
8. What does Gulliver first try to tell the king, using hand gestures?
(a) Gulliver is lost.
(b) Gulliver is tired.
(c) Gulliver is friendly.
(d) Gulliver is hungry.
9. Why is Gulliver getting ill?
(a) He is being overworked by the farmer.
(b) He can't eat the food in the land.
(c) He has caught one of the giant's diseases.
(d) He can't drink the water in the land.
10. One of the provisions of Gulliver's release is that he will not leave without what?
(a) at least five townspeople
(c) the emperor
(d) an honor guard
11. The main city is how many miles long?
12. What does Gulliver set sail with?
(a) little boys
(b) little plants
(c) little girls
(d) little animals
13. How old is the farmer's daughter?
14. Gulliver must agree, also, to be an ally against the people of what place?
15. The Lilliputians think that fraud is worse than what offense?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gulliver say that he finally left the kingdom?
2. Why does Gulliver have trouble seeing the inner palace?
3. What strange item do the men find, a few days after Gulliver's game is played?
4. Where does the farmer's wife let Gulliver sleep?
5. Who teaches Gulliver the language of the giants?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)