|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gulliver explains that most Lilliputian children are raised by whom?
(c) mothers only
(d) fathers only
2. Gulliver gets lost while running where?
(d) corn field
3. What strange item do the men find, a few days after Gulliver's game is played?
(a) Gulliver's pants
(b) Gulliver's hat
(c) Gulliver's shirt
(d) Gulliver's shoe
4. Another provision states that Gulliver cannot come within the city limits without how much warning?
(a) eight hours
(b) forty-eight hours
(c) two hours
(d) twenty-four hours
5. How do the Lilliputians write on paper?
(a) from right to left
(b) upside down
6. What is the name of the captain of the ship Gulliver is on?
(a) Nicholas John
(b) James Nicholas
(c) Nicholas James
(d) John Nicholas
7. Gulliver makes up what sort of game?
(a) a card game
(b) a war game
(c) a memory game
(d) a guessing game
8. How many children does the farmer have?
9. The king sends for how many scholars to examine Gulliver?
10. Gulliver helps the emperor's guards to search what?
(a) Gulliver's pockets
(b) the shore line, where Gulliver originally washed up
(c) the countryside for a missing child
(d) the house of a suspected criminal
11. How does Gulliver prosper after returning to England?
(a) He writes books.
(b) He restarts his medical practice.
(c) He runs a boarding house.
(d) He sells his cattle.
12. How old does Gulliver think the Emperor of Lilliput is?
(a) around 50
(b) around 90
(c) around 30
(d) around 70
13. The main city is how many miles long?
14. After the emperor reads the list of things found on Gulliver, what does he ask for?
(a) the razor
(b) the pocketknife
(c) the sword
(d) the telescope
15. What is the last man that does not want Gulliver set free?
(a) a Skybol Golelam
(b) a Skygeah Globeam
(c) a Skygol Reaham
(d) a Skyreah Bolgolam
Short Answer Questions
1. When Gulliver gets his hand free from his bonds, what do the men do?
2. Which item did the Lilliputian guards not find on Gulliver?
3. Gulliver notes that hundreds of what sort of animal are kept by the royal family?
4. Which item did the Lilliputian guards find, when they searched Gulliver?
5. Gulliver tells the emperor to keep the gunpowder away from what?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)