|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the old written laws, Lilliputians cannot hold public office if they do not believe in what?
(c) Divine Providence
(d) compassion towards others
2. Gulliver decides to seize the enemy's what?
3. Gulliver describes the inner city as a collection of houses at least how many stories high?
4. Why does Gulliver have trouble seeing the inner palace?
(a) The inner palace is under heavy guard.
(b) There are two many houses between Gulliver and the inner palace.
(c) The inner palace was too tiny for Gulliver to see.
(d) The inner palace is under construction.
5. Gulliver helps the emperor's guards to search what?
(a) the countryside for a missing child
(b) Gulliver's pockets
(c) the shore line, where Gulliver originally washed up
(d) the house of a suspected criminal
6. How do the Lilliputians write on paper?
(a) upside down
(b) from right to left
7. Gulliver is once captured by what sort of animal?
8. When he awakes, what kind of people surround Gulliver?
(a) men painted green
(b) six-inch-tall men
(c) men painted blue
(d) six-foot-tall men
9. Where does the farmer's wife let Gulliver sleep?
(a) in her bedroom
(b) outside in the dog house
(c) in the barn in a haystack
(d) in a box on the table
10. Gulliver notes that hundreds of what sort of animal are kept by the royal family?
11. Who teaches Gulliver the language of the giants?
(a) the farmer's son
(b) the farmer's daughter
(c) the farmer
(d) the farmer's wife
12. Who does Gulliver accidentally insult at the farmer's house?
(a) the farmer's wife
(b) the farmer
(c) the farmer's friend
(d) the farmer's daughter
13. What strange item do the men find, a few days after Gulliver's game is played?
(a) Gulliver's shirt
(b) Gulliver's hat
(c) Gulliver's shoe
(d) Gulliver's pants
14. What happens to cause Gulliver to abandon ship during his first voyage after the second time his practice failed?
(a) The ship randomly sprung a leak.
(b) The ship was attacked by pirates.
(c) The ship hit a rock.
(d) There is a mutany on board the ship.
15. Gulliver tells of seeing beggars with giant what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Gulliver explains that most Lilliputian children are raised by whom?
2. Gulliver tells the emperor that he will never do what?
3. What do the people occasionally catch in the sea?
4. Gulliver tells the emperor to keep the gunpowder away from what?
5. What item of Gulliver's do the Lilliputians think is an oracle?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)