|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some ambassadors come from Blefuscu, hoping to do what?
(a) get their ships back
(b) get the emperor's help to cure an illness that is killing many people
(c) make a peace treaty
(d) get the emperor to agree to come to Blefescu and visit
2. How do the men ensure that Gulliver will not escape, once he is in the temple?
(a) They shackle Gulliver.
(b) They take Gulliver's shoes away, so he can't walk on the harsh ground.
(c) They leave Gulliver tied up with rope.
(d) They lock Gulliver in the Temple.
3. What sort of dance does Gulliver go on to explain that the Lilliputians do?
(a) a rain dance
(b) a risque dance
(c) a rope dance
(d) a ribbon dance
4. The people that can do what are picked for the best jobs?
(a) swim the furthest from the island and get back safely
(b) jump the highest
(c) climb the highest
(d) sing the best
5. How long does it take Gulliver to learn the language of the Lilliputians?
(a) about 3 years
(b) about 3 months
(c) about 3 weeks
(d) They learn his language. He does not learn theirs.
6. Which of the following is not a reason that Gulliver is being brought up on charges by the Lilliputians.
(a) not following orders about destroying the people of Blefuscu
(b) planning to sail tot he enemy's land
(c) being friendly to the ambassadors
(d) secretly marrying a woman from Blefuscu
7. Out of concern for losing an eye, Gulliver does what, while swimming away from the enemy?
(a) puts a helmet on
(b) puts on his glasses
(c) swims holding a shield out in front of his face
(d) swims totally under the water
8. How do the Lilliputians bury their dead?
(a) with legs at a ninety degree angle to bodies
(b) with arms folded behind their heads
(c) with arms straight up
(d) with heads down
9. How long has Gulliver been on Blefuscu, when he sees something wash up on shore?
(a) seven days
(b) three days
(c) seven weeks
(d) three weeks
10. Gulliver tells of seeing beggars with giant what?
11. The main city is how many miles long?
12. What happens to cause Gulliver to abandon ship during his first voyage after the second time his practice failed?
(a) There is a mutany on board the ship.
(b) The ship hit a rock.
(c) The ship randomly sprung a leak.
(d) The ship was attacked by pirates.
13. Where do many people come to see Gulliver, once the farmer takes him to town?
(a) at an inn
(b) in a park
(c) at thef armer's friend's house
(d) at the palace
14. How does Gulliver prosper after returning to England?
(a) He restarts his medical practice.
(b) He writes books.
(c) He sells his cattle.
(d) He runs a boarding house.
15. What do the people occasionally catch in the sea?
(b) normal fish
(d) boats full of men
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of staying for his sentencing, where does Gulliver decide to go?
2. Gulliver must agree, also, to be an ally against the people of what place?
3. Gulliver gets lost while running where?
4. What do the Lilliputians do to people who are not honest?
5. Which item did the Lilliputian guards not find on Gulliver?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)