|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The floating island can keep hovering over the lower island, blocking out the sun and what, according to Gulliver?
2. Where does the farmer's wife let Gulliver sleep?
(a) in the barn in a haystack
(b) in her bedroom
(c) in a box on the table
(d) outside in the dog house
3. How many years ago does the lord explain that people went to visit the flying island and came down with all sorts of ideas?
4. What do the Lilliputians do to people who are not honest?
(a) kill them
(b) banish them
(c) put them in jail
(d) make them work the worst jobs
5. When attacked by pirates, Gulliver talks to one of the pirates in what language?
Short Answer Questions
1. Out of concern for losing an eye, Gulliver does what, while swimming away from the enemy?
2. After Gulliver's schooling was complete and his first voyage was over, where did he marry and settle down?
3. Gulliver is held prisoner until he can get orders for passage from the court and he is called before the what?
4. Gulliver hires a guide to help him to the island of what?
5. Gulliver estimated that about how many people lived in the inner city?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)