|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Gulliver to learn the language of the Lilliputians?
(a) about 3 months
(b) They learn his language. He does not learn theirs.
(c) about 3 years
(d) about 3 weeks
2. In one academy room, philosophers try to do what?
(a) decide whether there is life in outer space
(b) figure out how the world was created
(c) discuss the meaning of life
(d) solve any problems about the nature of humans
3. The same doctor proposes that in order to cure the forgetfulness of many of these men, what should happen to them after a speech?
(a) They should be paid.
(b) They should receive an award.
(c) They should keep a written copy of the speech.
(d) They should be hurt.
4. Due to trade and the fact that many of the people send their children to the opposite island to become more worldly, what does Gulliver say happens?
(a) Most people have relatives on each island
(b) Most people spend six months on one island and then six months on the other.
(c) Most people know both languages
(d) Most people have houses on each island
5. When the ship is ready to sail, where is it going?
Short Answer Questions
1. Another section of the academy is full of people trying to do what regarding their language?
2. Gulliver explains that most Lilliputian children are raised by whom?
3. What happens to children with the birthmark?
4. It is believed that it is hard enough to live forever without having to live how?
5. Instead of staying for his sentencing, where does Gulliver decide to go?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)