|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following punishments do the people settle on for Gulliver?
(a) kill him immediately by hanging
(b) poke his eyes out and slowly starve him
(c) cut off his nose and slowly starve him
(d) poke his eyes out and banish him to the woods
2. Gulliver is put out to see by the Dutchman with how many days of rations?
3. Gulliver talks with other professors about things like taxing a person based on what?
4. What does the emperor do prior to Gulliver's sentencing?
(a) He disappears.
(b) He resigns his post.
(c) He sends out a decree.
(d) He tries to convince the people that Gulliver is evil.
5. How many children does the farmer have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people on the ground send up their petitions to be received on the floating island?
2. When Gulliver tells the king about the treasury of England, what is the king's reaction?
3. Due to trade and the fact that many of the people send their children to the opposite island to become more worldly, what does Gulliver say happens?
4. What was Gulliver schooled to become?
5. What does the eagle do with Gulliver?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)