|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One young man is beaten and thrown out because he tries to shoot what at Gulliver's head?
(a) a gun
(b) an arrow
(c) a rock
(d) a nut
2. The one law is that the king and his two elder sons may not do what?
(a) leave the island
(b) hold regular jobs
(d) hold jobs in other public offices
3. Gulliver wonders how this king had come to think of _________________ if he did not have any enemies.
(b) an army
(c) booby traps aroung the castle
(d) royal guards
4. How do the Lilliputians bury their dead?
(a) with arms straight up
(b) with arms folded behind their heads
(c) with heads down
(d) with legs at a ninety degree angle to bodies
5. When does the emperor have shows put on for Gulliver?
(a) when Gulliver complains tot he emperor about his boredom
(b) when Gulliver understands the language better
(c) after Gulliver saves the emperor's life
(d) when the performers meet Gulliver and trust him
Short Answer Questions
1. The king threatens Gulliver with the loss of his life if Gulliver tells anyone else about what?
2. Which of these does Gulliver see?
3. In the garden, Gulliver was once carried off by what color spaniel?
4. Gulliver estimated that about how many people lived in the inner city?
5. How long is it between the time that Gulliver escapes and the time that he returns to England?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)