|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Gulliver to learn the language of the Lilliputians?
(a) about 3 months
(b) about 3 years
(c) They learn his language. He does not learn theirs.
(d) about 3 weeks
2. Gulliver is questioned by guards there and he lies and tells them that he is what, so he can get into Japan?
3. Gulliver feels neglected because everyone on the island is only interested in math and what?
4. When the ship is ready to sail, where is it going?
5. Gulliver leaves the governor and returns when?
(a) when Gulliver becomes ill and needs help
(b) when the governor calls
(c) when the governor is attacked
(d) when the ship is ready to sail
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to prove the English smart, what does Gulliver tell the king about?
2. Why does Gulliver have trouble seeing the inner palace?
3. How do the men ensure that Gulliver will not escape, once he is in the temple?
4. How does Gulliver's sword scare the guards?
5. When the men go onto an island to find water, Gulliver becomes separated from them and then sees them rowing back to the boat with what following them?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)