|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to cause Gulliver to abandon ship during his first voyage after the second time his practice failed?
(a) The ship hit a rock.
(b) There is a mutany on board the ship.
(c) The ship was attacked by pirates.
(d) The ship randomly sprung a leak.
2. How old does Gulliver think the Emperor of Lilliput is?
(a) around 30
(b) around 70
(c) around 50
(d) around 90
3. Which item did the Lilliputian guards find, when they searched Gulliver?
(a) a telescope
(c) a razor
(d) a portrait of Gulliver's wife
4. In one academy room, philosophers try to do what?
(a) figure out how the world was created
(b) solve any problems about the nature of humans
(c) discuss the meaning of life
(d) decide whether there is life in outer space
5. In the last room, Gulliver observes that the students are doing what to words written on paper?
(a) erasing them
(b) re-writing them
(c) eating them
(d) burning them
Short Answer Questions
1. Gulliver describes his adventures with what kind of creature that is jealous of him?
2. Gulliver explains to the king that England has how many houses in its Parliament?
3. In the garden, Gulliver was once carried off by what color spaniel?
4. What are the two factions in Lilliput called?
5. Gulliver talks with other professors about things like taxing a person based on what?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)