|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gulliver finds that the way the island floats is by what?
(a) air jets
(b) suspended by flying machines
2. What state is the continent in overall?
(a) Everyone has medium incomes, but is getting by fine.
(b) Everyone is poor, but happy.
(c) Everyone is rich, but miserable.
(d) Everyone is poor and suffering.
3. Why does the farmer decide to make Gulliver work hard after Gulliver gets ill?
(a) The farmer hopes that someone else will offer to buy Gulliver and be able to cure him.
(b) The farmer wants Gulliver to make people in the city sick, so that those in the farm lands can take over.
(c) The farmer wants to make more money before Gulliver dies.
(d) The farmer hopes that working will make Gulliver feel better.
4. How do the Lilliputians write on paper?
(a) upside down
(b) from right to left
5. How did Gulliver hide things from the Lilliputian guards?
(a) under a bed
(b) in a hole in the ground
(c) in his mouth
(d) in a secret pocket
Short Answer Questions
1. Some ambassadors come from Blefuscu, hoping to do what?
2. Who pays Gulliver a visit, a month after Gulliver is freed?
3. The same doctor proposes that in order to cure the forgetfulness of many of these men, what should happen to them after a speech?
4. The people exceed Europe in what area?
5. What does Gulliver see washing towards the shore, after he is with the Bleuscians?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)