|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who argues that a senator should have to vote directly contrary to what he says in his speech, because then that will be what is best for the people.
(a) the lord
(c) the king
(d) the doctor
2. What does the emperor of Blefuscu decide to do when he finds out about the articles against Gulliver?
(a) He says that he will not send Gulliver back.
(b) He sends Gulliver back immediately.
(c) He locks Gulliver up until the LIlliputians come to get him.
(d) He sends Gulliver into hiding.
3. What item of Gulliver's do the Lilliputians think is an oracle?
(a) his watch
(b) his sword
(c) his handkerchief
(d) his pocketknife
4. When attacked by pirates, Gulliver talks to one of the pirates in what language?
5. Whose hair does Gulliver use to design seats and purses?
(a) the king's
(b) the cook's
(c) the queen's
(d) the nurse's
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to prove the English smart, what does Gulliver tell the king about?
2. Which of the following is not a reason that Gulliver is being brought up on charges by the Lilliputians.
3. Why does the farmer decide to make Gulliver work hard after Gulliver gets ill?
4. How long does the journey take?
5. In the last room, Gulliver observes that the students are doing what to words written on paper?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)