|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the journey take?
(a) three days
(b) eight days
(c) five days
(d) all day and all night
2. When does the emperor have shows put on for Gulliver?
(a) when Gulliver understands the language better
(b) when Gulliver complains tot he emperor about his boredom
(c) after Gulliver saves the emperor's life
(d) when the performers meet Gulliver and trust him
3. Why does Gulliver say that he finally left the kingdom?
(a) He took a short boat ride and became hopelessly lost.
(b) He learned of a plot against him.
(c) He was homesick.
(d) He wanted to explore other places.
4. What does the farmer's daughter think Gulliver is?
(a) a doll
(b) a robot
(c) a toy soldier
(d) a strange mouse
5. The people exceed Europe in what area?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Lilliputians think that fraud is worse than what offense?
2. How does Gulliver's sword scare the guards?
3. Gulliver explains that he loves the kitchen and has done what, since getting to the palace?
4. Who proposes that health and politics are intimately linked?
5. After Gulliver's schooling was complete and his first voyage was over, where did he marry and settle down?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)