|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gulliver tells the king about the treasury of England, what is the king's reaction?
(a) The king is confused because England is spending more than they are making.
(b) The king is amazed that England is making mroe than they are spending.
(c) The king is shocked that England can balance their budget perfectly.
(d) The king suggests that Gulliver go back to England and tell them to run the treasury the way the giants run theirs.
2. Why does Gulliver go back to see?
(a) He misses the sea.
(b) His brother is the captain.
(c) He fights with his wife.
(d) He is promised double his usual pay.
3. The people that can do what are picked for the best jobs?
(a) sing the best
(b) swim the furthest from the island and get back safely
(c) jump the highest
(d) climb the highest
4. Gulliver learns that the war between the Lilliputians and the Blefuscians has to do with what?
(a) a long-standing family feud
(b) stolen land
(c) religious beliefs
5. How old does Gulliver think the Emperor of Lilliput is?
(a) around 70
(b) around 90
(c) around 30
(d) around 50
Short Answer Questions
1. One young man is beaten and thrown out because he tries to shoot what at Gulliver's head?
2. While Gulliver is sleeping, they bring in a mechanism that was made specifically to do what to him?
3. How do the men ensure that Gulliver will not escape, once he is in the temple?
4. What convinces the farmer that Gulliver is a small human?
5. What happens to cause Gulliver to abandon ship during his first voyage after the second time his practice failed?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)