|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who buys Gulliver from the farmer?
(a) a lawyer
(b) the king
(c) a doctor
(d) the queen
2. Whose hair does Gulliver use to design seats and purses?
(a) the nurse's
(b) the cook's
(c) the king's
(d) the queen's
3. Why does Gulliver have trouble seeing the inner palace?
(a) The inner palace is under heavy guard.
(b) There are two many houses between Gulliver and the inner palace.
(c) The inner palace was too tiny for Gulliver to see.
(d) The inner palace is under construction.
4. Another provision states that Gulliver cannot come within the city limits without how much warning?
(a) twenty-four hours
(b) two hours
(c) eight hours
(d) forty-eight hours
5. Gulliver explains that he loves the kitchen and has done what, since getting to the palace?
(a) taught the chef to make English dishes
(b) learned to cook some of the queen's favorites from the chef
(c) gained weight
(d) learned to cook from the farmer's daughter, when the chef had gone to bed
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Lilliputians write on paper?
2. Gulliver explains that most Lilliputian children are raised by whom?
3. An eagle picks up Gulliver's box while he is where with the royals?
4. Gulliver learns that the island is called what?
5. Some ambassadors come from Blefuscu, hoping to do what?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)