|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose hair does Gulliver use to design seats and purses?
(a) the king's
(b) the nurse's
(c) the queen's
(d) the cook's
2. Gulliver is once captured by what sort of animal?
3. Where do many people come to see Gulliver, once the farmer takes him to town?
(a) at thef armer's friend's house
(b) at an inn
(c) at the palace
(d) in a park
4. What does the emperor do prior to Gulliver's sentencing?
(a) He sends out a decree.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He tries to convince the people that Gulliver is evil.
(d) He resigns his post.
5. When Gulliver tells the king about the treasury of England, what is the king's reaction?
(a) The king is shocked that England can balance their budget perfectly.
(b) The king suggests that Gulliver go back to England and tell them to run the treasury the way the giants run theirs.
(c) The king is amazed that England is making mroe than they are spending.
(d) The king is confused because England is spending more than they are making.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gulliver must agree, also, to be an ally against the people of what place?
2. The king threatens Gulliver with the loss of his life if Gulliver tells anyone else about what?
3. Another provision states that Gulliver cannot come within the city limits without how much warning?
4. What item of Gulliver's do the Lilliputians think is an oracle?
5. What sort of dance does Gulliver go on to explain that the Lilliputians do?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)