|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gulliver first try to tell the king, using hand gestures?
(a) Gulliver is hungry.
(b) Gulliver is friendly.
(c) Gulliver is tired.
(d) Gulliver is lost.
2. Where do the people decide to take Gulliver?
(a) the capital city
(b) the woods
(c) out into the ocean
3. What item of Gulliver's do the Lilliputians think is an oracle?
(a) his watch
(b) his handkerchief
(c) his pocketknife
(d) his sword
4. While Gulliver is sleeping, they bring in a mechanism that was made specifically to do what to him?
(a) carry him
(b) house him
(c) restrain him
(d) feed him
5. Due to trade and the fact that many of the people send their children to the opposite island to become more worldly, what does Gulliver say happens?
(a) Most people have relatives on each island
(b) Most people have houses on each island
(c) Most people spend six months on one island and then six months on the other.
(d) Most people know both languages
Short Answer Questions
1. When Gulliver gets his hand free from his bonds, what do the men do?
2. What is the last man that does not want Gulliver set free?
3. How long does the journey take?
4. Gulliver learns that the island is called what?
5. What is lowered to rescue Gulliver from the ocean?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)