|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is lowered to rescue Gulliver from the ocean?
(a) a chain
(b) a ladder
(c) a boat
(d) a rope
2. What does Gulliver find after 5 days?
(a) a talking whale
(b) a mountain in the sky
(c) a city under water
(d) an island in the sky
3. Which item did the Lilliputian guards find, when they searched Gulliver?
(b) a telescope
(c) a razor
(d) a portrait of Gulliver's wife
4. When the men go onto an island to find water, Gulliver becomes separated from them and then sees them rowing back to the boat with what following them?
(a) a shark
(b) a giant
(d) a dolphin
5. When Gulliver tells the king about the treasury of England, what is the king's reaction?
(a) The king is shocked that England can balance their budget perfectly.
(b) The king is amazed that England is making mroe than they are spending.
(c) The king suggests that Gulliver go back to England and tell them to run the treasury the way the giants run theirs.
(d) The king is confused because England is spending more than they are making.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the emperor have shows put on for Gulliver?
2. Gulliver is introduced to the king who is hard at work on a problem that involves what?
3. Which item did the Lilliputian guards not find on Gulliver?
4. One of the provisions of Gulliver's release is that he will not leave without what?
5. Gulliver describes the dwarf shaking what from a tree and hitting Gulliver?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)