|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two factions in Lilliput called?
(a) the blue hats and the red hats
(b) the blue heels and the red heels
(c) the low heels and the high heels
(d) the low hats and the high hats
2. Gulliver estimated that about how many people lived in the inner city?
3. Gulliver helps the emperor's guards to search what?
(a) the countryside for a missing child
(b) Gulliver's pockets
(c) the house of a suspected criminal
(d) the shore line, where Gulliver originally washed up
4. The people that can do what are picked for the best jobs?
(a) swim the furthest from the island and get back safely
(b) climb the highest
(c) sing the best
(d) jump the highest
5. How does Gulliver's sword scare the guards?
(a) Gulliver thros the sword across the room and it sticks in the ground next to the king.
(b) The sword falls to the ground and almost crushes them.
(c) The sword catches the light and blinds them.
(d) Gulliver pretends to use the sword to stab at them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Due to trade and the fact that many of the people send their children to the opposite island to become more worldly, what does Gulliver say happens?
2. Gulliver tells of seeing beggars with giant what?
3. After the emperor reads the list of things found on Gulliver, what does he ask for?
4. What convinces the farmer that Gulliver is a small human?
5. When does the emperor have shows put on for Gulliver?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)