|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the emperor reads the list of things found on Gulliver, what does he ask for?
(a) the telescope
(b) the razor
(c) the pocketknife
(d) the sword
2. Gulliver describes the island as a peninsula with what at the end?
(a) a meadow
(b) a mountain
(c) a pit
(d) a volcano
3. Who teaches Gulliver the language of the giants?
(a) the farmer's daughter
(b) the farmer's wife
(c) the farmer
(d) the farmer's son
4. After Gulliver's schooling was complete and his first voyage was over, where did he marry and settle down?
5. Why does Gulliver have trouble seeing the inner palace?
(a) The inner palace is under construction.
(b) The inner palace was too tiny for Gulliver to see.
(c) There are two many houses between Gulliver and the inner palace.
(d) The inner palace is under heavy guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the emperor have shows put on for Gulliver?
2. What was Gulliver schooled to become?
3. Due to trade and the fact that many of the people send their children to the opposite island to become more worldly, what does Gulliver say happens?
4. Out of concern for losing an eye, Gulliver does what, while swimming away from the enemy?
5. The people that can do what are picked for the best jobs?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)