|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Out of concern for losing an eye, Gulliver does what, while swimming away from the enemy?
(a) puts on his glasses
(b) swims totally under the water
(c) puts a helmet on
(d) swims holding a shield out in front of his face
2. How long does Gulliver stay with his wife before setting sail again?
(a) two months
(b) two years
(c) two weeks
(d) two days
3. Gulliver describes his adventures with what kind of creature that is jealous of him?
(a) an elf
(b) a sprite
(c) a gnome
(d) a dwarf
4. The people that can do what are picked for the best jobs?
(a) sing the best
(b) swim the furthest from the island and get back safely
(c) climb the highest
(d) jump the highest
5. Gulliver explains that he loves the kitchen and has done what, since getting to the palace?
(a) taught the chef to make English dishes
(b) learned to cook some of the queen's favorites from the chef
(c) learned to cook from the farmer's daughter, when the chef had gone to bed
(d) gained weight
Short Answer Questions
1. Gulliver explains that most Lilliputian children are raised by whom?
2. How long is Gulliver told it will be before the reading of the articles?
3. Who pays Gulliver a visit, a month after Gulliver is freed?
4. What does the emperor of Blefuscu decide to do when he finds out about the articles against Gulliver?
5. How are the commoners punished for shooting arrows at Gulliver?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)