|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Gulliver hide things from the Lilliputian guards?
(a) under a bed
(b) in his mouth
(c) in a secret pocket
(d) in a hole in the ground
2. Gulliver describes the island as a peninsula with what at the end?
(a) a pit
(b) a mountain
(c) a volcano
(d) a meadow
3. What does Gulliver first try to tell the king, using hand gestures?
(a) Gulliver is lost.
(b) Gulliver is friendly.
(c) Gulliver is tired.
(d) Gulliver is hungry.
4. According to the old written laws, Lilliputians cannot hold public office if they do not believe in what?
(b) Divine Providence
(c) compassion towards others
5. Gulliver explains that most Lilliputian children are raised by whom?
(a) mothers only
(b) fathers only
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of staying for his sentencing, where does Gulliver decide to go?
2. What item of Gulliver's do the Lilliputians think is an oracle?
3. What do the Lilliputians do to people who are not honest?
4. Which of the following is not a reason that Gulliver is being brought up on charges by the Lilliputians.
5. What convinces the farmer that Gulliver is a small human?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)