|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two factions in Lilliput called?
(a) the low hats and the high hats
(b) the blue heels and the red heels
(c) the low heels and the high heels
(d) the blue hats and the red hats
2. How long does Gulliver stay with his wife before setting sail again?
(a) two months
(b) two years
(c) two days
(d) two weeks
3. Gulliver describes the inner city as a collection of houses at least how many stories high?
4. Why does Gulliver say that he finally left the kingdom?
(a) He was homesick.
(b) He wanted to explore other places.
(c) He learned of a plot against him.
(d) He took a short boat ride and became hopelessly lost.
5. What convinces the farmer that Gulliver is a small human?
(a) Gulliver speaks English.
(b) Gulliver gives the farmer money.
(c) Gulliver shows the farmer a map of England
(d) Gulliver gives the farmer his telescope.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Gulliver been on Blefuscu, when he sees something wash up on shore?
2. Why does the farmer decide to make Gulliver work hard after Gulliver gets ill?
3. How do the Lilliputians write on paper?
4. What happens to cause Gulliver to abandon ship during his first voyage after the second time his practice failed?
5. Which of the following is not a reason that Gulliver is being brought up on charges by the Lilliputians.
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)