|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some ambassadors come from Blefuscu, hoping to do what?
(a) get the emperor's help to cure an illness that is killing many people
(b) get their ships back
(c) make a peace treaty
(d) get the emperor to agree to come to Blefescu and visit
2. The main city is how many miles long?
3. What was Gulliver schooled to become?
(a) a teacher
(b) a surgeon
(c) a carpenter
(d) a sailor
4. How do the men ensure that Gulliver will not escape, once he is in the temple?
(a) They take Gulliver's shoes away, so he can't walk on the harsh ground.
(b) They lock Gulliver in the Temple.
(c) They leave Gulliver tied up with rope.
(d) They shackle Gulliver.
5. Which of the following is not a reason that Gulliver is being brought up on charges by the Lilliputians.
(a) secretly marrying a woman from Blefuscu
(b) planning to sail tot he enemy's land
(c) not following orders about destroying the people of Blefuscu
(d) being friendly to the ambassadors
Short Answer Questions
1. Out of concern for losing an eye, Gulliver does what, while swimming away from the enemy?
2. Where does the farmer's wife let Gulliver sleep?
3. Another provision states that Gulliver cannot come within the city limits without how much warning?
4. Due to trade and the fact that many of the people send their children to the opposite island to become more worldly, what does Gulliver say happens?
5. What convinces the farmer that Gulliver is a small human?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)