|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the men go onto an island to find water, Gulliver becomes separated from them and then sees them rowing back to the boat with what following them?
(b) a dolphin
(c) a shark
(d) a giant
2. Some ambassadors come from Blefuscu, hoping to do what?
(a) get the emperor to agree to come to Blefescu and visit
(b) make a peace treaty
(c) get the emperor's help to cure an illness that is killing many people
(d) get their ships back
3. Which item did the Lilliputian guards find, when they searched Gulliver?
(a) a portrait of Gulliver's wife
(c) a razor
(d) a telescope
4. According to the old written laws, Lilliputians cannot hold public office if they do not believe in what?
(a) compassion towards others
(d) Divine Providence
5. How does Gulliver's sword scare the guards?
(a) Gulliver pretends to use the sword to stab at them.
(b) Gulliver thros the sword across the room and it sticks in the ground next to the king.
(c) The sword falls to the ground and almost crushes them.
(d) The sword catches the light and blinds them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of dance does Gulliver go on to explain that the Lilliputians do?
2. Gulliver explains that he loves the kitchen and has done what, since getting to the palace?
3. While Gulliver is sleeping, they bring in a mechanism that was made specifically to do what to him?
4. Gulliver estimated that about how many people lived in the inner city?
5. What do the Lilliputians do to people who are not honest?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)