|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his dingy is overturned and Gulliver swims to shore, what does he do?
(a) He hunts for food.
(b) He screams for help.
(c) He builds a fire.
(d) He falls asleep.
2. While Gulliver is sleeping, they bring in a mechanism that was made specifically to do what to him?
(a) feed him
(b) house him
(c) restrain him
(d) carry him
3. Gulliver notes that hundreds of what sort of animal are kept by the royal family?
4. How long does it take Gulliver to learn the language of the Lilliputians?
(a) about 3 years
(b) They learn his language. He does not learn theirs.
(c) about 3 weeks
(d) about 3 months
5. How do the men ensure that Gulliver will not escape, once he is in the temple?
(a) They shackle Gulliver.
(b) They leave Gulliver tied up with rope.
(c) They take Gulliver's shoes away, so he can't walk on the harsh ground.
(d) They lock Gulliver in the Temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gulliver estimated that about how many people lived in the inner city?
2. The main city is how many miles long?
3. Who teaches Gulliver the language of the giants?
4. Due to trade and the fact that many of the people send their children to the opposite island to become more worldly, what does Gulliver say happens?
5. Gulliver describes the island as a peninsula with what at the end?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)