|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Gulliver told it will be before the reading of the articles?
(a) four days
(b) six days
(c) three days
(d) five days
2. Gulliver tells of seeing beggars with giant what?
3. Gulliver explains that he loves the kitchen and has done what, since getting to the palace?
(a) taught the chef to make English dishes
(b) learned to cook some of the queen's favorites from the chef
(c) gained weight
(d) learned to cook from the farmer's daughter, when the chef had gone to bed
4. What item of Gulliver's do the Lilliputians think is an oracle?
(a) his pocketknife
(b) his watch
(c) his handkerchief
(d) his sword
5. Gulliver helps the emperor's guards to search what?
(a) the house of a suspected criminal
(b) the countryside for a missing child
(c) the shore line, where Gulliver originally washed up
(d) Gulliver's pockets
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the commoners punished for shooting arrows at Gulliver?
2. Why does Gulliver have trouble seeing the inner palace?
3. After the emperor reads the list of things found on Gulliver, what does he ask for?
4. How does Gulliver prosper after returning to England?
5. During the journey, Gulliver awakes only once when a couple of the curious accidentally make him do what?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)