|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the farmer's daughter think Gulliver is?
(a) a doll
(b) a robot
(c) a strange mouse
(d) a toy soldier
2. How long does the journey take?
(a) five days
(b) three days
(c) all day and all night
(d) eight days
3. What is the name of the captain of the ship Gulliver is on?
(a) Nicholas James
(b) James Nicholas
(c) John Nicholas
(d) Nicholas John
4. What happens to cause Gulliver to abandon ship during his first voyage after the second time his practice failed?
(a) There is a mutany on board the ship.
(b) The ship randomly sprung a leak.
(c) The ship was attacked by pirates.
(d) The ship hit a rock.
5. How do the men ensure that Gulliver will not escape, once he is in the temple?
(a) They lock Gulliver in the Temple.
(b) They leave Gulliver tied up with rope.
(c) They shackle Gulliver.
(d) They take Gulliver's shoes away, so he can't walk on the harsh ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the emperor reads the list of things found on Gulliver, what does he ask for?
2. Who does Gulliver accidentally insult at the farmer's house?
3. Who teaches Gulliver the language of the giants?
4. During Gulliver's game, Gulliver saves a man and a what?
5. How long does it take Gulliver to learn the language of the Lilliputians?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)