|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gulliver first try to tell the king, using hand gestures?
(a) Gulliver is friendly.
(b) Gulliver is lost.
(c) Gulliver is hungry.
(d) Gulliver is tired.
2. Which item did the Lilliputian guards not find on Gulliver?
(a) a pocketknife
(b) a handkerchief
(c) a comb
3. What does the emperor do prior to Gulliver's sentencing?
(a) He sends out a decree.
(b) He resigns his post.
(c) He tries to convince the people that Gulliver is evil.
(d) He disappears.
4. Gulliver estimated that about how many people lived in the inner city?
5. One young man is beaten and thrown out because he tries to shoot what at Gulliver's head?
(a) a nut
(b) a rock
(c) an arrow
(d) a gun
Short Answer Questions
1. Which item did the Lilliputian guards find, when they searched Gulliver?
2. Another provision states that Gulliver cannot come within the city limits without how much warning?
3. How old does Gulliver think the Emperor of Lilliput is?
4. Why does Gulliver say that he finally left the kingdom?
5. How do the Lilliputians bury their dead?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)