|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the farmer's daughter?
2. One young man is beaten and thrown out because he tries to shoot what at Gulliver's head?
(a) a rock
(b) a nut
(c) a gun
(d) an arrow
3. After the emperor reads the list of things found on Gulliver, what does he ask for?
(a) the pocketknife
(b) the telescope
(c) the razor
(d) the sword
4. Some ambassadors come from Blefuscu, hoping to do what?
(a) get their ships back
(b) get the emperor to agree to come to Blefescu and visit
(c) make a peace treaty
(d) get the emperor's help to cure an illness that is killing many people
5. Why does Gulliver say that he finally left the kingdom?
(a) He wanted to explore other places.
(b) He learned of a plot against him.
(c) He was homesick.
(d) He took a short boat ride and became hopelessly lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gulliver have trouble seeing the inner palace?
2. Gulliver also has to help deliver what?
3. How do the men ensure that Gulliver will not escape, once he is in the temple?
4. What does Gulliver first try to tell the king, using hand gestures?
5. What sort of dance does Gulliver go on to explain that the Lilliputians do?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)