|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gulliver say that he finally left the kingdom?
(a) He took a short boat ride and became hopelessly lost.
(b) He was homesick.
(c) He wanted to explore other places.
(d) He learned of a plot against him.
2. When the men go onto an island to find water, Gulliver becomes separated from them and then sees them rowing back to the boat with what following them?
(b) a dolphin
(c) a giant
(d) a shark
3. What sort of dance does Gulliver go on to explain that the Lilliputians do?
(a) a risque dance
(b) a rope dance
(c) a rain dance
(d) a ribbon dance
4. One of the provisions of Gulliver's release is that he will not leave without what?
(a) at least five townspeople
(b) the emperor
(d) an honor guard
5. Why does Gulliver have trouble seeing the inner palace?
(a) The inner palace was too tiny for Gulliver to see.
(b) The inner palace is under construction.
(c) The inner palace is under heavy guard.
(d) There are two many houses between Gulliver and the inner palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to cause Gulliver to abandon ship during his first voyage after the second time his practice failed?
2. Where do many people come to see Gulliver, once the farmer takes him to town?
3. At first, the emperor wants to destroy the enemy fleet and, therefore subject the people to be governed by what?
4. Where does the farmer's wife let Gulliver sleep?
5. What item of Gulliver's do the Lilliputians think is an oracle?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)