|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the old written laws, Lilliputians cannot hold public office if they do not believe in what?
(b) compassion towards others
(d) Divine Providence
2. Gulliver estimated that about how many people lived in the inner city?
3. What does Gulliver set sail with?
(a) little girls
(b) little plants
(c) little boys
(d) little animals
4. What sort of dance does Gulliver go on to explain that the Lilliputians do?
(a) a risque dance
(b) a ribbon dance
(c) a rope dance
(d) a rain dance
5. How do the men ensure that Gulliver will not escape, once he is in the temple?
(a) They lock Gulliver in the Temple.
(b) They leave Gulliver tied up with rope.
(c) They shackle Gulliver.
(d) They take Gulliver's shoes away, so he can't walk on the harsh ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Gulliver to learn the language of the Lilliputians?
2. Gulliver tells the emperor that he will never do what?
3. One young man is beaten and thrown out because he tries to shoot what at Gulliver's head?
4. Due to trade and the fact that many of the people send their children to the opposite island to become more worldly, what does Gulliver say happens?
5. What item of Gulliver's do the Lilliputians think is an oracle?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)