|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following punishments do the people settle on for Gulliver?
(a) poke his eyes out and banish him to the woods
(b) kill him immediately by hanging
(c) cut off his nose and slowly starve him
(d) poke his eyes out and slowly starve him
2. The Lilliputians think that fraud is worse than what offense?
3. Due to trade and the fact that many of the people send their children to the opposite island to become more worldly, what does Gulliver say happens?
(a) Most people spend six months on one island and then six months on the other.
(b) Most people have relatives on each island
(c) Most people know both languages
(d) Most people have houses on each island
4. Where does the farmer's wife let Gulliver sleep?
(a) in her bedroom
(b) outside in the dog house
(c) in the barn in a haystack
(d) in a box on the table
5. What is the name of the captain of the ship Gulliver is on?
(a) Nicholas James
(b) Nicholas John
(c) James Nicholas
(d) John Nicholas
Short Answer Questions
1. Gulliver learns that the war between the Lilliputians and the Blefuscians has to do with what?
2. Gulliver helps the emperor's guards to search what?
3. How does Gulliver prosper after returning to England?
4. How did Gulliver hide things from the Lilliputian guards?
5. What does Gulliver set sail with?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)