|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two factions in Lilliput called?
(a) the blue heels and the red heels
(b) the low hats and the high hats
(c) the low heels and the high heels
(d) the blue hats and the red hats
2. How does Gulliver's sword scare the guards?
(a) Gulliver pretends to use the sword to stab at them.
(b) The sword catches the light and blinds them.
(c) Gulliver thros the sword across the room and it sticks in the ground next to the king.
(d) The sword falls to the ground and almost crushes them.
3. Which item did the Lilliputian guards not find on Gulliver?
(b) a pocketknife
(c) a handkerchief
(d) a comb
4. When he awakes, what kind of people surround Gulliver?
(a) six-foot-tall men
(b) six-inch-tall men
(c) men painted green
(d) men painted blue
5. Out of concern for losing an eye, Gulliver does what, while swimming away from the enemy?
(a) puts a helmet on
(b) swims holding a shield out in front of his face
(c) swims totally under the water
(d) puts on his glasses
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gulliver have trouble seeing the inner palace?
2. What does the farmer's daughter think Gulliver is?
3. What does Gulliver set sail with?
4. After his dingy is overturned and Gulliver swims to shore, what does he do?
5. Gulliver estimated that about how many people lived in the inner city?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)