|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Gulliver told it will be before the reading of the articles?
(a) five days
(b) six days
(c) four days
(d) three days
2. What item of Gulliver's do the Lilliputians think is an oracle?
(a) his sword
(b) his pocketknife
(c) his handkerchief
(d) his watch
3. How do the Lilliputians write on paper?
(a) upside down
(c) from right to left
4. What does Gulliver first try to tell the king, using hand gestures?
(a) Gulliver is friendly.
(b) Gulliver is hungry.
(c) Gulliver is lost.
(d) Gulliver is tired.
5. Gulliver learns that the war between the Lilliputians and the Blefuscians has to do with what?
(a) religious beliefs
(c) a long-standing family feud
(d) stolen land
Short Answer Questions
1. At first, the emperor wants to destroy the enemy fleet and, therefore subject the people to be governed by what?
2. How long does it take Gulliver to learn the language of the Lilliputians?
3. One of the provisions of Gulliver's release is that he will not leave without what?
4. Gulliver helps the emperor's guards to search what?
5. What sort of dance does Gulliver go on to explain that the Lilliputians do?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)