|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Lilliputians do to people who are not honest?
(a) banish them
(b) put them in jail
(c) make them work the worst jobs
(d) kill them
2. How does Gulliver's sword scare the guards?
(a) Gulliver thros the sword across the room and it sticks in the ground next to the king.
(b) The sword catches the light and blinds them.
(c) Gulliver pretends to use the sword to stab at them.
(d) The sword falls to the ground and almost crushes them.
3. How do the Lilliputians bury their dead?
(a) with arms straight up
(b) with arms folded behind their heads
(c) with heads down
(d) with legs at a ninety degree angle to bodies
4. Out of concern for losing an eye, Gulliver does what, while swimming away from the enemy?
(a) swims totally under the water
(b) puts on his glasses
(c) puts a helmet on
(d) swims holding a shield out in front of his face
5. Which item did the Lilliputian guards not find on Gulliver?
(b) a comb
(c) a handkerchief
(d) a pocketknife
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Gulliver hide things from the Lilliputian guards?
2. The people that can do what are picked for the best jobs?
3. Which of the following punishments do the people settle on for Gulliver?
4. Some ambassadors come from Blefuscu, hoping to do what?
5. When he awakes, what kind of people surround Gulliver?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)