|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following punishments do the people settle on for Gulliver?
(a) cut off his nose and slowly starve him
(b) kill him immediately by hanging
(c) poke his eyes out and slowly starve him
(d) poke his eyes out and banish him to the woods
2. The people that can do what are picked for the best jobs?
(a) climb the highest
(b) swim the furthest from the island and get back safely
(c) sing the best
(d) jump the highest
3. How long does it take Gulliver to learn the language of the Lilliputians?
(a) about 3 weeks
(b) about 3 years
(c) about 3 months
(d) They learn his language. He does not learn theirs.
4. After Gulliver's schooling was complete and his first voyage was over, where did he marry and settle down?
5. Gulliver describes the inner city as a collection of houses at least how many stories high?
Short Answer Questions
1. While Gulliver is sleeping, they bring in a mechanism that was made specifically to do what to him?
2. One of the provisions of Gulliver's release is that he will not leave without what?
3. Where do the people decide to take Gulliver?
4. Gulliver tells the emperor to keep the gunpowder away from what?
5. When he awakes, what kind of people surround Gulliver?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)