|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Another provision states that Gulliver cannot come within the city limits without how much warning?
(a) twenty-four hours
(b) eight hours
(c) forty-eight hours
(d) two hours
2. How do the men ensure that Gulliver will not escape, once he is in the temple?
(a) They take Gulliver's shoes away, so he can't walk on the harsh ground.
(b) They leave Gulliver tied up with rope.
(c) They lock Gulliver in the Temple.
(d) They shackle Gulliver.
3. How old does Gulliver think the Emperor of Lilliput is?
(a) around 50
(b) around 70
(c) around 90
(d) around 30
4. Gulliver learns that the war between the Lilliputians and the Blefuscians has to do with what?
(a) a long-standing family feud
(c) religious beliefs
(d) stolen land
5. What sort of dance does Gulliver go on to explain that the Lilliputians do?
(a) a rain dance
(b) a risque dance
(c) a rope dance
(d) a ribbon dance
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the journey take?
2. Why does Gulliver say that he finally left the kingdom?
3. The Lilliputians think that fraud is worse than what offense?
4. Due to trade and the fact that many of the people send their children to the opposite island to become more worldly, what does Gulliver say happens?
5. Gulliver estimated that about how many people lived in the inner city?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)