|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the emperor have shows put on for Gulliver?
(a) when the performers meet Gulliver and trust him
(b) after Gulliver saves the emperor's life
(c) when Gulliver understands the language better
(d) when Gulliver complains tot he emperor about his boredom
2. Out of concern for losing an eye, Gulliver does what, while swimming away from the enemy?
(a) swims holding a shield out in front of his face
(b) swims totally under the water
(c) puts on his glasses
(d) puts a helmet on
3. The people that can do what are picked for the best jobs?
(a) climb the highest
(b) jump the highest
(c) swim the furthest from the island and get back safely
(d) sing the best
4. After Gulliver's schooling was complete and his first voyage was over, where did he marry and settle down?
5. The Lilliputians think that fraud is worse than what offense?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gulliver have trouble seeing the inner palace?
2. Gulliver must agree, also, to be an ally against the people of what place?
3. While Gulliver is sleeping, they bring in a mechanism that was made specifically to do what to him?
4. Due to trade and the fact that many of the people send their children to the opposite island to become more worldly, what does Gulliver say happens?
5. How long does the journey take?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)