|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Gulliver is sleeping, they bring in a mechanism that was made specifically to do what to him?
(a) house him
(b) carry him
(c) feed him
(d) restrain him
2. Which item did the Lilliputian guards not find on Gulliver?
(a) a pocketknife
(b) a comb
(c) a handkerchief
3. Gulliver must agree, also, to be an ally against the people of what place?
4. When does the emperor have shows put on for Gulliver?
(a) when Gulliver complains tot he emperor about his boredom
(b) when Gulliver understands the language better
(c) after Gulliver saves the emperor's life
(d) when the performers meet Gulliver and trust him
5. Due to trade and the fact that many of the people send their children to the opposite island to become more worldly, what does Gulliver say happens?
(a) Most people know both languages
(b) Most people have relatives on each island
(c) Most people have houses on each island
(d) Most people spend six months on one island and then six months on the other.
Short Answer Questions
1. At first, the emperor wants to destroy the enemy fleet and, therefore subject the people to be governed by what?
2. How long does it take Gulliver to learn the language of the Lilliputians?
3. Gulliver helps the emperor's guards to search what?
4. What is the last man that does not want Gulliver set free?
5. Gulliver tells the emperor to keep the gunpowder away from what?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)