|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the old written laws, Lilliputians cannot hold public office if they do not believe in what?
(b) compassion towards others
(d) Divine Providence
2. Gulliver explains that most Lilliputian children are raised by whom?
(a) fathers only
(b) mothers only
3. What does the emperor do prior to Gulliver's sentencing?
(a) He tries to convince the people that Gulliver is evil.
(b) He resigns his post.
(c) He disappears.
(d) He sends out a decree.
4. After the emperor reads the list of things found on Gulliver, what does he ask for?
(a) the sword
(b) the razor
(c) the pocketknife
(d) the telescope
5. What does Gulliver first try to tell the king, using hand gestures?
(a) Gulliver is tired.
(b) Gulliver is lost.
(c) Gulliver is friendly.
(d) Gulliver is hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a reason that Gulliver is being brought up on charges by the Lilliputians.
2. During the journey, Gulliver awakes only once when a couple of the curious accidentally make him do what?
3. Gulliver helps the emperor's guards to search what?
4. Gulliver learns that the war between the Lilliputians and the Blefuscians has to do with what?
5. Which of the following punishments do the people settle on for Gulliver?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)