|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gulliver have trouble seeing the inner palace?
(a) There are two many houses between Gulliver and the inner palace.
(b) The inner palace was too tiny for Gulliver to see.
(c) The inner palace is under construction.
(d) The inner palace is under heavy guard.
2. Which item did the Lilliputian guards not find on Gulliver?
(a) a comb
(b) a pocketknife
(c) a handkerchief
3. After the emperor reads the list of things found on Gulliver, what does he ask for?
(a) the pocketknife
(b) the razor
(c) the sword
(d) the telescope
4. Which item did the Lilliputian guards find, when they searched Gulliver?
(a) a razor
(c) a telescope
(d) a portrait of Gulliver's wife
5. How old does Gulliver think the Emperor of Lilliput is?
(a) around 30
(b) around 90
(c) around 70
(d) around 50
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the people decide to take Gulliver?
2. How did Gulliver hide things from the Lilliputian guards?
3. What was Gulliver schooled to become?
4. What sort of dance does Gulliver go on to explain that the Lilliputians do?
5. Gulliver tells the emperor to keep the gunpowder away from what?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)