|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item of Gulliver's do the Lilliputians think is an oracle?
(a) his handkerchief
(b) his watch
(c) his sword
(d) his pocketknife
2. How are the commoners punished for shooting arrows at Gulliver?
(a) They are banished.
(b) They are pushed within Gulliver's range.
(c) They are killed.
(d) They are put in jail.
3. How long does it take Gulliver to learn the language of the Lilliputians?
(a) about 3 years
(b) about 3 months
(c) about 3 weeks
(d) They learn his language. He does not learn theirs.
4. Gulliver makes up what sort of game?
(a) a war game
(b) a card game
(c) a memory game
(d) a guessing game
5. Another provision states that Gulliver cannot come within the city limits without how much warning?
(a) two hours
(b) eight hours
(c) forty-eight hours
(d) twenty-four hours
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the people decide to take Gulliver?
2. How did Gulliver hide things from the Lilliputian guards?
3. During Gulliver's game, Gulliver saves a man and a what?
4. Gulliver tells the emperor to keep the gunpowder away from what?
5. Gulliver learns that the war between the Lilliputians and the Blefuscians has to do with what?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)