|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his dingy is overturned and Gulliver swims to shore, what does he do?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He hunts for food.
(c) He builds a fire.
(d) He screams for help.
2. Which item did the Lilliputian guards find, when they searched Gulliver?
(b) a telescope
(c) a razor
(d) a portrait of Gulliver's wife
3. What was Gulliver schooled to become?
(a) a sailor
(b) a surgeon
(c) a carpenter
(d) a teacher
4. How long does it take Gulliver to learn the language of the Lilliputians?
(a) about 3 months
(b) about 3 years
(c) They learn his language. He does not learn theirs.
(d) about 3 weeks
5. Where do the people decide to take Gulliver?
(b) the woods
(c) out into the ocean
(d) the capital city
Short Answer Questions
1. Another provision states that Gulliver cannot come within the city limits without how much warning?
2. One of the provisions of Gulliver's release is that he will not leave without what?
3. Which item did the Lilliputian guards not find on Gulliver?
4. Gulliver describes the inner city as a collection of houses at least how many stories high?
5. Why does Gulliver have trouble seeing the inner palace?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)