|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gulliver's sword scare the guards?
(a) The sword catches the light and blinds them.
(b) The sword falls to the ground and almost crushes them.
(c) Gulliver thros the sword across the room and it sticks in the ground next to the king.
(d) Gulliver pretends to use the sword to stab at them.
2. Why does Gulliver have trouble seeing the inner palace?
(a) The inner palace is under construction.
(b) The inner palace is under heavy guard.
(c) There are two many houses between Gulliver and the inner palace.
(d) The inner palace was too tiny for Gulliver to see.
3. Who pays Gulliver a visit, a month after Gulliver is freed?
(a) the treasurer
(b) the principal secretary
(c) the emperor
(d) the queen
4. When does the emperor have shows put on for Gulliver?
(a) after Gulliver saves the emperor's life
(b) when Gulliver complains tot he emperor about his boredom
(c) when Gulliver understands the language better
(d) when the performers meet Gulliver and trust him
5. Gulliver estimated that about how many people lived in the inner city?
Short Answer Questions
1. Another provision states that Gulliver cannot come within the city limits without how much warning?
2. How do the men ensure that Gulliver will not escape, once he is in the temple?
3. When he awakes, what kind of people surround Gulliver?
4. One of the provisions of Gulliver's release is that he will not leave without what?
5. Gulliver describes the inner city as a collection of houses at least how many stories high?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)