|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which item did the Lilliputian guards not find on Gulliver?
(b) a handkerchief
(c) a pocketknife
(d) a comb
2. Which item did the Lilliputian guards find, when they searched Gulliver?
(a) a telescope
(b) a razor
(d) a portrait of Gulliver's wife
3. Gulliver describes the inner city as a collection of houses at least how many stories high?
4. Why does Gulliver have trouble seeing the inner palace?
(a) The inner palace was too tiny for Gulliver to see.
(b) There are two many houses between Gulliver and the inner palace.
(c) The inner palace is under heavy guard.
(d) The inner palace is under construction.
5. Gulliver estimated that about how many people lived in the inner city?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item of Gulliver's do the Lilliputians think is an oracle?
2. One of the provisions of Gulliver's release is that he will not leave without what?
3. What sort of dance does Gulliver go on to explain that the Lilliputians do?
4. What happens to cause Gulliver to abandon ship during his first voyage after the second time his practice failed?
5. What is the last man that does not want Gulliver set free?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)