|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Gulliver to learn the language of the Lilliputians?
(a) about 3 months
(b) about 3 years
(c) They learn his language. He does not learn theirs.
(d) about 3 weeks
2. How long does the journey take?
(a) eight days
(b) three days
(c) all day and all night
(d) five days
3. How did Gulliver hide things from the Lilliputian guards?
(a) under a bed
(b) in a hole in the ground
(c) in his mouth
(d) in a secret pocket
4. How do the men ensure that Gulliver will not escape, once he is in the temple?
(a) They shackle Gulliver.
(b) They take Gulliver's shoes away, so he can't walk on the harsh ground.
(c) They leave Gulliver tied up with rope.
(d) They lock Gulliver in the Temple.
5. What happens to cause Gulliver to abandon ship during his first voyage after the second time his practice failed?
(a) The ship randomly sprung a leak.
(b) The ship was attacked by pirates.
(c) There is a mutany on board the ship.
(d) The ship hit a rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gulliver tells the emperor to keep the gunpowder away from what?
2. How does Gulliver's sword scare the guards?
3. When Gulliver gets his hand free from his bonds, what do the men do?
4. Gulliver helps the emperor's guards to search what?
5. What sort of dance does Gulliver go on to explain that the Lilliputians do?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)