|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which item did the Lilliputian guards not find on Gulliver?
(a) a comb
(b) a pocketknife
(d) a handkerchief
2. When does the emperor have shows put on for Gulliver?
(a) when the performers meet Gulliver and trust him
(b) when Gulliver complains tot he emperor about his boredom
(c) when Gulliver understands the language better
(d) after Gulliver saves the emperor's life
3. After his dingy is overturned and Gulliver swims to shore, what does he do?
(a) He hunts for food.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He builds a fire.
(d) He screams for help.
4. After the emperor reads the list of things found on Gulliver, what does he ask for?
(a) the razor
(b) the pocketknife
(c) the telescope
(d) the sword
5. Who pays Gulliver a visit, a month after Gulliver is freed?
(a) the queen
(b) the principal secretary
(c) the treasurer
(d) the emperor
Short Answer Questions
1. Gulliver makes up what sort of game?
2. How does Gulliver's sword scare the guards?
3. What does Gulliver first try to tell the king, using hand gestures?
4. What strange item do the men find, a few days after Gulliver's game is played?
5. Another provision states that Gulliver cannot come within the city limits without how much warning?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)