|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Gulliver think the Emperor of Lilliput is?
(a) around 30
(b) around 50
(c) around 90
(d) around 70
2. How does Gulliver's sword scare the guards?
(a) Gulliver thros the sword across the room and it sticks in the ground next to the king.
(b) The sword falls to the ground and almost crushes them.
(c) The sword catches the light and blinds them.
(d) Gulliver pretends to use the sword to stab at them.
3. What strange item do the men find, a few days after Gulliver's game is played?
(a) Gulliver's shoe
(b) Gulliver's pants
(c) Gulliver's shirt
(d) Gulliver's hat
4. Gulliver helps the emperor's guards to search what?
(a) the shore line, where Gulliver originally washed up
(b) Gulliver's pockets
(c) the countryside for a missing child
(d) the house of a suspected criminal
5. How long does the journey take?
(a) three days
(b) five days
(c) eight days
(d) all day and all night
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Gulliver hide things from the Lilliputian guards?
2. How do the men ensure that Gulliver will not escape, once he is in the temple?
3. After the emperor reads the list of things found on Gulliver, what does he ask for?
4. What item of Gulliver's do the Lilliputians think is an oracle?
5. Who pays Gulliver a visit, a month after Gulliver is freed?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)