|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gulliver tells the king about the treasury of England, what is the king's reaction?
(a) The king is shocked that England can balance their budget perfectly.
(b) The king is amazed that England is making mroe than they are spending.
(c) The king suggests that Gulliver go back to England and tell them to run the treasury the way the giants run theirs.
(d) The king is confused because England is spending more than they are making.
2. Out of concern for losing an eye, Gulliver does what, while swimming away from the enemy?
(a) swims totally under the water
(b) puts a helmet on
(c) puts on his glasses
(d) swims holding a shield out in front of his face
3. How soon after returning to England does Gulliver start out on his next voyage?
(a) four months
(b) two months
(c) two weeks
(d) six months
4. Which item did Gulliver hide from the Lilliputian guards?
(a) a razor
(b) a telescope
(c) a comb
5. Gulliver makes it clear that he thinks the king is what?
Short Answer Questions
1. At first, the emperor wants to destroy the enemy fleet and, therefore subject the people to be governed by what?
2. The people that can do what are picked for the best jobs?
3. What state is the continent in overall?
4. Gulliver is let down onto the continent of what?
5. The Lilliputians think that fraud is worse than what offense?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)