|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gulliver tells the king about the treasury of England, what is the king's reaction?
(a) The king suggests that Gulliver go back to England and tell them to run the treasury the way the giants run theirs.
(b) The king is shocked that England can balance their budget perfectly.
(c) The king is amazed that England is making mroe than they are spending.
(d) The king is confused because England is spending more than they are making.
2. Gulliver explains that he loves the kitchen and has done what, since getting to the palace?
(a) gained weight
(b) learned to cook some of the queen's favorites from the chef
(c) taught the chef to make English dishes
(d) learned to cook from the farmer's daughter, when the chef had gone to bed
3. Gulliver must agree, also, to be an ally against the people of what place?
4. Gulliver sees Alexander the Great and finds out he died of what and had not been poisoned.
(a) stab wound
(b) gun shot
5. How does Gulliver prosper after returning to England?
(a) He restarts his medical practice.
(b) He sells his cattle.
(c) He runs a boarding house.
(d) He writes books.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gulliver's sword scare the guards?
2. Who buys Gulliver from the farmer?
3. During Gulliver's game, Gulliver saves a man and a what?
4. How many children does the farmer have?
5. When it is found that Gulliver and the king cannot understand each other, Gulliver is taken where and given food?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)