|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Another section of the academy is full of people trying to do what regarding their language?
(a) translate their language to French
(b) add words and their meanings to the language
(c) translate their language to English
(d) make their language shorter and less confusing
2. How do the Lilliputians bury their dead?
(a) with arms straight up
(b) with arms folded behind their heads
(c) with legs at a ninety degree angle to bodies
(d) with heads down
3. Gulliver feels neglected because everyone on the island is only interested in math and what?
4. What does the emperor of Blefuscu decide to do when he finds out about the articles against Gulliver?
(a) He sends Gulliver back immediately.
(b) He says that he will not send Gulliver back.
(c) He sends Gulliver into hiding.
(d) He locks Gulliver up until the LIlliputians come to get him.
5. What do the people occasionally catch in the sea?
(a) normal fish
(d) boats full of men
Short Answer Questions
1. The people decided that everything could be done better with the help of what?
2. How does Gulliver feel about the way the king views Gulliver's country?
3. In one academy room, philosophers try to do what?
4. Gulliver notes that hundreds of what sort of animal are kept by the royal family?
5. How long has Gulliver been on Blefuscu, when he sees something wash up on shore?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)