|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the men go onto an island to find water, Gulliver becomes separated from them and then sees them rowing back to the boat with what following them?
(b) a dolphin
(c) a shark
(d) a giant
2. How many children does the farmer have?
3. Gulliver notes that hundreds of what sort of animal are kept by the royal family?
4. In order to prove the English smart, what does Gulliver tell the king about?
(a) gunpowder's invention and uses
(b) land ownership rights in England
(c) law practices in England
(d) rifles and their uses
5. How are the commoners punished for shooting arrows at Gulliver?
(a) They are killed.
(b) They are pushed within Gulliver's range.
(c) They are banished.
(d) They are put in jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Gulliver stay with his wife before setting sail again?
2. Due to trade and the fact that many of the people send their children to the opposite island to become more worldly, what does Gulliver say happens?
3. Gulliver wonders how this king had come to think of _________________ if he did not have any enemies.
4. At the port city, Gulliver is directed to go where until he can find passage to the island?
5. What is lowered to rescue Gulliver from the ocean?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)