|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Gulliver hide things from the Lilliputian guards?
(a) under a bed
(b) in a hole in the ground
(c) in his mouth
(d) in a secret pocket
2. Gulliver tells the emperor to keep the gunpowder away from what?
(a) the castle
3. When does the emperor have shows put on for Gulliver?
(a) after Gulliver saves the emperor's life
(b) when Gulliver complains tot he emperor about his boredom
(c) when the performers meet Gulliver and trust him
(d) when Gulliver understands the language better
4. During Gulliver's game, Gulliver saves a man and a what?
5. How are the commoners punished for shooting arrows at Gulliver?
(a) They are killed.
(b) They are pushed within Gulliver's range.
(c) They are put in jail.
(d) They are banished.
Short Answer Questions
1. Another provision states that Gulliver cannot come within the city limits without how much warning?
2. How long has Gulliver been on Blefuscu, when he sees something wash up on shore?
3. How long does it take Gulliver to learn the language of the Lilliputians?
4. What item of Gulliver's do the Lilliputians think is an oracle?
5. At first, the emperor wants to destroy the enemy fleet and, therefore subject the people to be governed by what?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)