|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Gulliver stay with his wife before setting sail again?
(a) two years
(b) two weeks
(c) two months
(d) two days
2. Another provision states that Gulliver cannot come within the city limits without how much warning?
(a) two hours
(b) twenty-four hours
(c) eight hours
(d) forty-eight hours
3. Gulliver explains that most Lilliputian children are raised by whom?
(b) mothers only
(d) fathers only
4. Which item did Gulliver hide from the Lilliputian guards?
(a) a comb
(b) a razor
(c) a telescope
5. How does Gulliver's sword scare the guards?
(a) Gulliver pretends to use the sword to stab at them.
(b) The sword falls to the ground and almost crushes them.
(c) Gulliver thros the sword across the room and it sticks in the ground next to the king.
(d) The sword catches the light and blinds them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gulliver makes up what sort of game?
2. Out of concern for losing an eye, Gulliver does what, while swimming away from the enemy?
3. Some ambassadors come from Blefuscu, hoping to do what?
4. How long has Gulliver been on Blefuscu, when he sees something wash up on shore?
5. During Gulliver's game, Gulliver saves a man and a what?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)