|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Out of concern for losing an eye, Gulliver does what, while swimming away from the enemy?
(a) puts on his glasses
(b) puts a helmet on
(c) swims totally under the water
(d) swims holding a shield out in front of his face
2. How do the Lilliputians bury their dead?
(a) with arms straight up
(b) with arms folded behind their heads
(c) with heads down
(d) with legs at a ninety degree angle to bodies
3. Which item did the Lilliputian guards not find on Gulliver?
(b) a handkerchief
(c) a comb
(d) a pocketknife
4. One of the provisions of Gulliver's release is that he will not leave without what?
(b) the emperor
(c) at least five townspeople
(d) an honor guard
5. When does the emperor have shows put on for Gulliver?
(a) when the performers meet Gulliver and trust him
(b) after Gulliver saves the emperor's life
(c) when Gulliver complains tot he emperor about his boredom
(d) when Gulliver understands the language better
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Gulliver been on Blefuscu, when he sees something wash up on shore?
2. A couple days after Gulliver's game is played, some men find a strange object where?
3. Some ambassadors come from Blefuscu, hoping to do what?
4. Gulliver explains that most Lilliputian children are raised by whom?
5. What does the emperor of Blefuscu decide to do when he finds out about the articles against Gulliver?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)