|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Due to trade and the fact that many of the people send their children to the opposite island to become more worldly, what does Gulliver say happens?
(a) Most people know both languages
(b) Most people have relatives on each island
(c) Most people have houses on each island
(d) Most people spend six months on one island and then six months on the other.
2. Another provision states that Gulliver cannot come within the city limits without how much warning?
(a) forty-eight hours
(b) twenty-four hours
(c) eight hours
(d) two hours
3. What does Gulliver see washing towards the shore, after he is with the Bleuscians?
(a) a boat
(b) a dead fish
(c) a hat
(d) a sailor
4. Out of concern for losing an eye, Gulliver does what, while swimming away from the enemy?
(a) swims holding a shield out in front of his face
(b) puts on his glasses
(c) swims totally under the water
(d) puts a helmet on
5. During Gulliver's game, Gulliver saves a man and a what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Gulliver also has to help deliver what?
2. What sort of dance does Gulliver go on to explain that the Lilliputians do?
3. Gulliver tells the emperor that he will never do what?
4. When does the emperor have shows put on for Gulliver?
5. How are the commoners punished for shooting arrows at Gulliver?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)