|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which item did Gulliver hide from the Lilliputian guards?
(a) a razor
(b) a comb
(d) a telescope
2. How are the commoners punished for shooting arrows at Gulliver?
(a) They are pushed within Gulliver's range.
(b) They are banished.
(c) They are put in jail.
(d) They are killed.
3. According to the old written laws, Lilliputians cannot hold public office if they do not believe in what?
(a) compassion towards others
(c) Divine Providence
4. How long does it take Gulliver to learn the language of the Lilliputians?
(a) about 3 weeks
(b) They learn his language. He does not learn theirs.
(c) about 3 months
(d) about 3 years
5. How long has Gulliver been on Blefuscu, when he sees something wash up on shore?
(a) seven days
(b) three weeks
(c) seven weeks
(d) three days
Short Answer Questions
1. Due to trade and the fact that many of the people send their children to the opposite island to become more worldly, what does Gulliver say happens?
2. The Lilliputians think that fraud is worse than what offense?
3. When does the emperor have shows put on for Gulliver?
4. What does Gulliver see washing towards the shore, after he is with the Bleuscians?
5. Gulliver tells the emperor to keep the gunpowder away from what?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)