|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gulliver explains that most Lilliputian children are raised by whom?
(a) mothers only
(d) fathers only
2. Out of concern for losing an eye, Gulliver does what, while swimming away from the enemy?
(a) puts a helmet on
(b) puts on his glasses
(c) swims holding a shield out in front of his face
(d) swims totally under the water
3. One of the provisions of Gulliver's release is that he will not leave without what?
(a) the emperor
(b) at least five townspeople
(d) an honor guard
4. Which item did the Lilliputian guards not find on Gulliver?
(a) a comb
(b) a handkerchief
(d) a pocketknife
5. How old does Gulliver think the Emperor of Lilliput is?
(a) around 30
(b) around 70
(c) around 50
(d) around 90
Short Answer Questions
1. The people that can do what are picked for the best jobs?
2. At first, the emperor wants to destroy the enemy fleet and, therefore subject the people to be governed by what?
3. Due to trade and the fact that many of the people send their children to the opposite island to become more worldly, what does Gulliver say happens?
4. Which item did Gulliver hide from the Lilliputian guards?
5. How does Gulliver's sword scare the guards?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)