|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At first, the emperor wants to destroy the enemy fleet and, therefore subject the people to be governed by what?
(b) a viceroy
(c) a queen
2. Gulliver tells the emperor that he will never do what?
(a) help jail the innocent
(b) help to place the people in slavery
(c) help the people bring in crops
(d) help the people kill the emperor
3. The people that can do what are picked for the best jobs?
(a) swim the furthest from the island and get back safely
(b) jump the highest
(c) sing the best
(d) climb the highest
4. How does Gulliver's sword scare the guards?
(a) The sword catches the light and blinds them.
(b) The sword falls to the ground and almost crushes them.
(c) Gulliver thros the sword across the room and it sticks in the ground next to the king.
(d) Gulliver pretends to use the sword to stab at them.
5. How does Gulliver prosper after returning to England?
(a) He writes books.
(b) He restarts his medical practice.
(c) He sells his cattle.
(d) He runs a boarding house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Due to trade and the fact that many of the people send their children to the opposite island to become more worldly, what does Gulliver say happens?
2. Which item did the Lilliputian guards find, when they searched Gulliver?
3. How long does it take Gulliver to learn the language of the Lilliputians?
4. Gulliver must agree, also, to be an ally against the people of what place?
5. After the emperor reads the list of things found on Gulliver, what does he ask for?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)