|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At first, the emperor wants to destroy the enemy fleet and, therefore subject the people to be governed by what?
(c) a viceroy
(d) a queen
2. How are the commoners punished for shooting arrows at Gulliver?
(a) They are banished.
(b) They are put in jail.
(c) They are pushed within Gulliver's range.
(d) They are killed.
3. Gulliver helps the emperor's guards to search what?
(a) the countryside for a missing child
(b) the house of a suspected criminal
(c) the shore line, where Gulliver originally washed up
(d) Gulliver's pockets
4. Out of concern for losing an eye, Gulliver does what, while swimming away from the enemy?
(a) puts a helmet on
(b) swims totally under the water
(c) swims holding a shield out in front of his face
(d) puts on his glasses
5. Gulliver explains that most Lilliputian children are raised by whom?
(b) fathers only
(c) mothers only
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Gulliver hide things from the Lilliputian guards?
2. How does Gulliver's sword scare the guards?
3. What is the last man that does not want Gulliver set free?
4. Gulliver tells the emperor that he will never do what?
5. Gulliver tells the emperor to keep the gunpowder away from what?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)