|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which item did the Lilliputian guards find, when they searched Gulliver?
(b) a portrait of Gulliver's wife
(c) a razor
(d) a telescope
2. How do the Lilliputians write on paper?
(a) upside down
(d) from right to left
3. How long has Gulliver been on Blefuscu, when he sees something wash up on shore?
(a) seven days
(b) three weeks
(c) three days
(d) seven weeks
4. What item of Gulliver's do the Lilliputians think is an oracle?
(a) his watch
(b) his pocketknife
(c) his sword
(d) his handkerchief
5. Out of concern for losing an eye, Gulliver does what, while swimming away from the enemy?
(a) swims totally under the water
(b) swims holding a shield out in front of his face
(c) puts on his glasses
(d) puts a helmet on
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the emperor have shows put on for Gulliver?
2. What does the emperor of Blefuscu decide to do when he finds out about the articles against Gulliver?
3. What sort of dance does Gulliver go on to explain that the Lilliputians do?
4. Another provision states that Gulliver cannot come within the city limits without how much warning?
5. How are the commoners punished for shooting arrows at Gulliver?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)