|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Gulliver hide things from the Lilliputian guards?
(a) in a secret pocket
(b) under a bed
(c) in his mouth
(d) in a hole in the ground
2. How are the commoners punished for shooting arrows at Gulliver?
(a) They are banished.
(b) They are killed.
(c) They are put in jail.
(d) They are pushed within Gulliver's range.
3. What do the Lilliputians do to people who are not honest?
(a) banish them
(b) kill them
(c) put them in jail
(d) make them work the worst jobs
4. Gulliver helps the emperor's guards to search what?
(a) the house of a suspected criminal
(b) the shore line, where Gulliver originally washed up
(c) Gulliver's pockets
(d) the countryside for a missing child
5. Out of concern for losing an eye, Gulliver does what, while swimming away from the enemy?
(a) puts on his glasses
(b) puts a helmet on
(c) swims holding a shield out in front of his face
(d) swims totally under the water
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the provisions of Gulliver's release is that he will not leave without what?
2. After the emperor reads the list of things found on Gulliver, what does he ask for?
3. During Gulliver's game, Gulliver saves a man and a what?
4. At first, the emperor wants to destroy the enemy fleet and, therefore subject the people to be governed by what?
5. Gulliver tells the emperor that he will never do what?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)