|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some ambassadors come from Blefuscu, hoping to do what?
(a) get their ships back
(b) get the emperor's help to cure an illness that is killing many people
(c) make a peace treaty
(d) get the emperor to agree to come to Blefescu and visit
2. How long does it take Gulliver to learn the language of the Lilliputians?
(a) about 3 months
(b) about 3 weeks
(c) about 3 years
(d) They learn his language. He does not learn theirs.
3. Out of concern for losing an eye, Gulliver does what, while swimming away from the enemy?
(a) swims totally under the water
(b) swims holding a shield out in front of his face
(c) puts a helmet on
(d) puts on his glasses
4. What does Gulliver set sail with?
(a) little animals
(b) little boys
(c) little plants
(d) little girls
5. What does the emperor of Blefuscu decide to do when he finds out about the articles against Gulliver?
(a) He sends Gulliver into hiding.
(b) He says that he will not send Gulliver back.
(c) He sends Gulliver back immediately.
(d) He locks Gulliver up until the LIlliputians come to get him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Gulliver been on Blefuscu, when he sees something wash up on shore?
2. Gulliver must agree, also, to be an ally against the people of what place?
3. At first, the emperor wants to destroy the enemy fleet and, therefore subject the people to be governed by what?
4. Gulliver helps the emperor's guards to search what?
5. What item of Gulliver's do the Lilliputians think is an oracle?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)