|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At first, the emperor wants to destroy the enemy fleet and, therefore subject the people to be governed by what?
(a) a viceroy
(b) a queen
2. Gulliver must agree, also, to be an ally against the people of what place?
3. How do the Lilliputians bury their dead?
(a) with heads down
(b) with legs at a ninety degree angle to bodies
(c) with arms folded behind their heads
(d) with arms straight up
4. According to the old written laws, Lilliputians cannot hold public office if they do not believe in what?
(c) Divine Providence
(d) compassion towards others
5. When does the emperor have shows put on for Gulliver?
(a) after Gulliver saves the emperor's life
(b) when Gulliver complains tot he emperor about his boredom
(c) when Gulliver understands the language better
(d) when the performers meet Gulliver and trust him
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Lilliputians do to people who are not honest?
2. Gulliver helps the emperor's guards to search what?
3. What does Gulliver see washing towards the shore, after he is with the Bleuscians?
4. How did Gulliver hide things from the Lilliputian guards?
5. Out of concern for losing an eye, Gulliver does what, while swimming away from the enemy?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)