|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The main city is how many miles long?
2. In order to prove the English smart, what does Gulliver tell the king about?
(a) rifles and their uses
(b) gunpowder's invention and uses
(c) land ownership rights in England
(d) law practices in England
3. According to the old written laws, Lilliputians cannot hold public office if they do not believe in what?
(c) Divine Providence
(d) compassion towards others
4. Gulliver explains that he loves the kitchen and has done what, since getting to the palace?
(a) learned to cook from the farmer's daughter, when the chef had gone to bed
(b) taught the chef to make English dishes
(c) gained weight
(d) learned to cook some of the queen's favorites from the chef
5. Gulliver explains that most Lilliputian children are raised by whom?
(a) mothers only
(c) fathers only
Short Answer Questions
1. Gulliver says that instead of learning about art and history these people learn about what?
2. What do the Lilliputians do to people who are not honest?
3. Gulliver notes that hundreds of what sort of animal are kept by the royal family?
4. Where does the farmer's wife let Gulliver sleep?
5. When the men go onto an island to find water, Gulliver becomes separated from them and then sees them rowing back to the boat with what following them?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)