|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
(a) House of Commoners
(b) House of Commoncause
(c) House of Commonwealth
(d) House of Commons
2. In the last room, Gulliver observes that the students are doing what to words written on paper?
(a) re-writing them
(b) burning them
(c) eating them
(d) erasing them
3. In one academy room, philosophers try to do what?
(a) discuss the meaning of life
(b) solve any problems about the nature of humans
(c) decide whether there is life in outer space
(d) figure out how the world was created
4. Which of the following punishments do the people settle on for Gulliver?
(a) cut off his nose and slowly starve him
(b) kill him immediately by hanging
(c) poke his eyes out and slowly starve him
(d) poke his eyes out and banish him to the woods
5. Whose hair does Gulliver use to design seats and purses?
(a) the cook's
(b) the queen's
(c) the king's
(d) the nurse's
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gulliver make out of the beard stubble of the king?
2. What does the emperor do prior to Gulliver's sentencing?
3. Another section of the academy is full of people trying to do what regarding their language?
4. Which of the following is not a reason that Gulliver is being brought up on charges by the Lilliputians.
5. In one of the academy rooms, the pupils sit for six hours a day doing what?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)