|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
(a) House of Friends
(b) House of Peers
(c) House of Peons
(d) House of Equals
2. Another section of the academy is full of people trying to do what regarding their language?
(a) translate their language to French
(b) make their language shorter and less confusing
(c) translate their language to English
(d) add words and their meanings to the language
3. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
(a) House of Commoners
(b) House of Commons
(c) House of Commoncause
(d) House of Commonwealth
4. When Gulliver tells the king about the treasury of England, what is the king's reaction?
(a) The king is shocked that England can balance their budget perfectly.
(b) The king is amazed that England is making mroe than they are spending.
(c) The king suggests that Gulliver go back to England and tell them to run the treasury the way the giants run theirs.
(d) The king is confused because England is spending more than they are making.
5. What does the emperor do prior to Gulliver's sentencing?
(a) He disappears.
(b) He sends out a decree.
(c) He tries to convince the people that Gulliver is evil.
(d) He resigns his post.
Short Answer Questions
1. The last room of the academy is one for what?
2. The people had tried to do away with the language altogether, but the illiterate and whom were in an uproar?
3. Instead of staying for his sentencing, where does Gulliver decide to go?
4. Which of the following punishments do the people settle on for Gulliver?
5. In one academy room, philosophers try to do what?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)