|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a reason that Gulliver is being brought up on charges by the Lilliputians.
(a) not following orders about destroying the people of Blefuscu
(b) planning to sail tot he enemy's land
(c) secretly marrying a woman from Blefuscu
(d) being friendly to the ambassadors
2. In one academy room, philosophers try to do what?
(a) discuss the meaning of life
(b) decide whether there is life in outer space
(c) figure out how the world was created
(d) solve any problems about the nature of humans
3. When Gulliver tells the king about the treasury of England, what is the king's reaction?
(a) The king is amazed that England is making mroe than they are spending.
(b) The king is shocked that England can balance their budget perfectly.
(c) The king is confused because England is spending more than they are making.
(d) The king suggests that Gulliver go back to England and tell them to run the treasury the way the giants run theirs.
4. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
(a) House of Commonwealth
(b) House of Commoncause
(c) House of Commoners
(d) House of Commons
5. Gulliver explains to the king that England has how many houses in its Parliament?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gulliver say that he finally left the kingdom?
2. The last room of the academy is one for what?
3. In one of the academy rooms, the pupils sit for six hours a day doing what?
4. Instead of staying for his sentencing, where does Gulliver decide to go?
5. How long is Gulliver told it will be before the reading of the articles?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)