|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In one of the academy rooms, the pupils sit for six hours a day doing what?
(a) writing essays
(b) drawing pictures
(c) reading aloud
(d) staring out the windows
2. The last room of the academy is one for what?
3. What does the emperor do prior to Gulliver's sentencing?
(a) He resigns his post.
(b) He sends out a decree.
(c) He tries to convince the people that Gulliver is evil.
(d) He disappears.
4. Which of the following punishments do the people settle on for Gulliver?
(a) kill him immediately by hanging
(b) cut off his nose and slowly starve him
(c) poke his eyes out and slowly starve him
(d) poke his eyes out and banish him to the woods
5. Instead of staying for his sentencing, where does Gulliver decide to go?
(b) deep into the woods
(c) back home to England
(d) to a hidden cave by the beach
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a reason that Gulliver is being brought up on charges by the Lilliputians.
2. Whose hair does Gulliver use to design seats and purses?
3. In the last room, Gulliver observes that the students are doing what to words written on paper?
4. In one academy room, philosophers try to do what?
5. What does Gulliver make out of the beard stubble of the king?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)