|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gulliver tells the king about the treasury of England, what is the king's reaction?
(a) The king suggests that Gulliver go back to England and tell them to run the treasury the way the giants run theirs.
(b) The king is shocked that England can balance their budget perfectly.
(c) The king is confused because England is spending more than they are making.
(d) The king is amazed that England is making mroe than they are spending.
2. What does Gulliver make out of the beard stubble of the king?
(a) a tooth brush
(b) a hair brush
(c) a scrub brush
(d) a comb
3. Which of the following punishments do the people settle on for Gulliver?
(a) poke his eyes out and slowly starve him
(b) poke his eyes out and banish him to the woods
(c) cut off his nose and slowly starve him
(d) kill him immediately by hanging
4. In one academy room, philosophers try to do what?
(a) decide whether there is life in outer space
(b) solve any problems about the nature of humans
(c) figure out how the world was created
(d) discuss the meaning of life
5. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
(a) House of Friends
(b) House of Equals
(c) House of Peers
(d) House of Peons
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the emperor do prior to Gulliver's sentencing?
2. Which of the following is not a reason that Gulliver is being brought up on charges by the Lilliputians.
3. Whose hair does Gulliver use to design seats and purses?
4. In the last room, Gulliver observes that the students are doing what to words written on paper?
5. The last room of the academy is one for what?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)