|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a reason that Gulliver is being brought up on charges by the Lilliputians.
(a) planning to sail tot he enemy's land
(b) being friendly to the ambassadors
(c) secretly marrying a woman from Blefuscu
(d) not following orders about destroying the people of Blefuscu
2. Instead of staying for his sentencing, where does Gulliver decide to go?
(a) deep into the woods
(b) back home to England
(d) to a hidden cave by the beach
3. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
(a) House of Commoncause
(b) House of Commons
(c) House of Commoners
(d) House of Commonwealth
4. Why does Gulliver say that he finally left the kingdom?
(a) He learned of a plot against him.
(b) He took a short boat ride and became hopelessly lost.
(c) He wanted to explore other places.
(d) He was homesick.
5. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
(a) House of Peons
(b) House of Friends
(c) House of Equals
(d) House of Peers
Short Answer Questions
1. In one of the academy rooms, the pupils sit for six hours a day doing what?
2. What does Gulliver make out of the beard stubble of the king?
3. In the last room, Gulliver observes that the students are doing what to words written on paper?
4. How long is Gulliver told it will be before the reading of the articles?
5. The people had tried to do away with the language altogether, but the illiterate and whom were in an uproar?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)