|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
(a) House of Commoners
(b) House of Commoncause
(c) House of Commons
(d) House of Commonwealth
2. Instead of staying for his sentencing, where does Gulliver decide to go?
(a) deep into the woods
(b) to a hidden cave by the beach
(d) back home to England
3. Which of the following punishments do the people settle on for Gulliver?
(a) kill him immediately by hanging
(b) cut off his nose and slowly starve him
(c) poke his eyes out and banish him to the woods
(d) poke his eyes out and slowly starve him
4. Which of the following is not a reason that Gulliver is being brought up on charges by the Lilliputians.
(a) not following orders about destroying the people of Blefuscu
(b) secretly marrying a woman from Blefuscu
(c) planning to sail tot he enemy's land
(d) being friendly to the ambassadors
5. In the last room, Gulliver observes that the students are doing what to words written on paper?
(a) erasing them
(b) re-writing them
(c) eating them
(d) burning them
Short Answer Questions
1. The people had tried to do away with the language altogether, but the illiterate and whom were in an uproar?
2. Why does Gulliver say that he finally left the kingdom?
3. Another section of the academy is full of people trying to do what regarding their language?
4. In one of the academy rooms, the pupils sit for six hours a day doing what?
5. How long is Gulliver told it will be before the reading of the articles?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)