|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a reason that Gulliver is being brought up on charges by the Lilliputians.
(a) being friendly to the ambassadors
(b) secretly marrying a woman from Blefuscu
(c) planning to sail tot he enemy's land
(d) not following orders about destroying the people of Blefuscu
2. The people had tried to do away with the language altogether, but the illiterate and whom were in an uproar?
(a) the women
(b) the children
(c) the men
(d) the leaders
3. When Gulliver tells the king about the treasury of England, what is the king's reaction?
(a) The king is shocked that England can balance their budget perfectly.
(b) The king is confused because England is spending more than they are making.
(c) The king is amazed that England is making mroe than they are spending.
(d) The king suggests that Gulliver go back to England and tell them to run the treasury the way the giants run theirs.
4. In one academy room, philosophers try to do what?
(a) decide whether there is life in outer space
(b) figure out how the world was created
(c) solve any problems about the nature of humans
(d) discuss the meaning of life
5. How long is Gulliver told it will be before the reading of the articles?
(a) six days
(b) four days
(c) five days
(d) three days
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gulliver say that he finally left the kingdom?
2. Which of the following punishments do the people settle on for Gulliver?
3. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
4. In the last room, Gulliver observes that the students are doing what to words written on paper?
5. Whose hair does Gulliver use to design seats and purses?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)