|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Gulliver told it will be before the reading of the articles?
(a) six days
(b) four days
(c) three days
(d) five days
2. When Gulliver tells the king about the treasury of England, what is the king's reaction?
(a) The king is confused because England is spending more than they are making.
(b) The king is amazed that England is making mroe than they are spending.
(c) The king suggests that Gulliver go back to England and tell them to run the treasury the way the giants run theirs.
(d) The king is shocked that England can balance their budget perfectly.
3. In one academy room, philosophers try to do what?
(a) decide whether there is life in outer space
(b) discuss the meaning of life
(c) solve any problems about the nature of humans
(d) figure out how the world was created
4. In the last room, Gulliver observes that the students are doing what to words written on paper?
(a) burning them
(b) erasing them
(c) eating them
(d) re-writing them
5. In one of the academy rooms, the pupils sit for six hours a day doing what?
(a) reading aloud
(b) staring out the windows
(c) writing essays
(d) drawing pictures
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gulliver make out of the beard stubble of the king?
2. The people had tried to do away with the language altogether, but the illiterate and whom were in an uproar?
3. Why does Gulliver say that he finally left the kingdom?
4. Instead of staying for his sentencing, where does Gulliver decide to go?
5. Which of the following punishments do the people settle on for Gulliver?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)