|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the emperor do prior to Gulliver's sentencing?
(a) He tries to convince the people that Gulliver is evil.
(b) He resigns his post.
(c) He disappears.
(d) He sends out a decree.
2. The people had tried to do away with the language altogether, but the illiterate and whom were in an uproar?
(a) the children
(b) the women
(c) the leaders
(d) the men
3. In one academy room, philosophers try to do what?
(a) figure out how the world was created
(b) decide whether there is life in outer space
(c) discuss the meaning of life
(d) solve any problems about the nature of humans
4. How long is Gulliver told it will be before the reading of the articles?
(a) six days
(b) four days
(c) five days
(d) three days
5. Which of the following punishments do the people settle on for Gulliver?
(a) poke his eyes out and banish him to the woods
(b) cut off his nose and slowly starve him
(c) kill him immediately by hanging
(d) poke his eyes out and slowly starve him
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a reason that Gulliver is being brought up on charges by the Lilliputians.
2. The last room of the academy is one for what?
3. Whose hair does Gulliver use to design seats and purses?
4. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
5. Why does Gulliver say that he finally left the kingdom?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)