|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The people had tried to do away with the language altogether, but the illiterate and whom were in an uproar?
(a) the leaders
(b) the women
(c) the children
(d) the men
2. Instead of staying for his sentencing, where does Gulliver decide to go?
(a) back home to England
(b) to a hidden cave by the beach
(d) deep into the woods
3. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
(a) House of Equals
(b) House of Peers
(c) House of Friends
(d) House of Peons
4. Which of the following is not a reason that Gulliver is being brought up on charges by the Lilliputians.
(a) planning to sail tot he enemy's land
(b) not following orders about destroying the people of Blefuscu
(c) being friendly to the ambassadors
(d) secretly marrying a woman from Blefuscu
5. Whose hair does Gulliver use to design seats and purses?
(a) the queen's
(b) the king's
(c) the cook's
(d) the nurse's
Short Answer Questions
1. Another section of the academy is full of people trying to do what regarding their language?
2. Which of the following punishments do the people settle on for Gulliver?
3. In the last room, Gulliver observes that the students are doing what to words written on paper?
4. The last room of the academy is one for what?
5. What does the emperor do prior to Gulliver's sentencing?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)