|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
(a) House of Commoncause
(b) House of Commoners
(c) House of Commons
(d) House of Commonwealth
2. In the last room, Gulliver observes that the students are doing what to words written on paper?
(a) erasing them
(b) eating them
(c) burning them
(d) re-writing them
3. What does the emperor do prior to Gulliver's sentencing?
(a) He resigns his post.
(b) He tries to convince the people that Gulliver is evil.
(c) He disappears.
(d) He sends out a decree.
4. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
(a) House of Peons
(b) House of Peers
(c) House of Equals
(d) House of Friends
5. The last room of the academy is one for what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The people had tried to do away with the language altogether, but the illiterate and whom were in an uproar?
2. Instead of staying for his sentencing, where does Gulliver decide to go?
3. In one of the academy rooms, the pupils sit for six hours a day doing what?
4. How long is Gulliver told it will be before the reading of the articles?
5. Whose hair does Gulliver use to design seats and purses?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)