|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The people had tried to do away with the language altogether, but the illiterate and whom were in an uproar?
(a) the children
(b) the leaders
(c) the men
(d) the women
2. In one academy room, philosophers try to do what?
(a) discuss the meaning of life
(b) figure out how the world was created
(c) decide whether there is life in outer space
(d) solve any problems about the nature of humans
3. Which of the following is not a reason that Gulliver is being brought up on charges by the Lilliputians.
(a) being friendly to the ambassadors
(b) not following orders about destroying the people of Blefuscu
(c) secretly marrying a woman from Blefuscu
(d) planning to sail tot he enemy's land
4. The last room of the academy is one for what?
5. In one of the academy rooms, the pupils sit for six hours a day doing what?
(a) reading aloud
(b) writing essays
(c) drawing pictures
(d) staring out the windows
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the emperor do prior to Gulliver's sentencing?
2. Instead of staying for his sentencing, where does Gulliver decide to go?
3. Another section of the academy is full of people trying to do what regarding their language?
4. Whose hair does Gulliver use to design seats and purses?
5. What does Gulliver make out of the beard stubble of the king?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)