|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In one academy room, philosophers try to do what?
(a) figure out how the world was created
(b) decide whether there is life in outer space
(c) solve any problems about the nature of humans
(d) discuss the meaning of life
2. Another section of the academy is full of people trying to do what regarding their language?
(a) translate their language to French
(b) add words and their meanings to the language
(c) translate their language to English
(d) make their language shorter and less confusing
3. How long is Gulliver told it will be before the reading of the articles?
(a) five days
(b) three days
(c) six days
(d) four days
4. In one of the academy rooms, the pupils sit for six hours a day doing what?
(a) staring out the windows
(b) drawing pictures
(c) reading aloud
(d) writing essays
5. In the last room, Gulliver observes that the students are doing what to words written on paper?
(a) burning them
(b) eating them
(c) erasing them
(d) re-writing them
Short Answer Questions
1. Gulliver explains to the king that England has how many houses in its Parliament?
2. When Gulliver tells the king about the treasury of England, what is the king's reaction?
3. The people had tried to do away with the language altogether, but the illiterate and whom were in an uproar?
4. The last room of the academy is one for what?
5. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)