|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gulliver make out of the beard stubble of the king?
(a) a hair brush
(b) a comb
(c) a tooth brush
(d) a scrub brush
2. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
(a) House of Commoners
(b) House of Commons
(c) House of Commonwealth
(d) House of Commoncause
3. In the last room, Gulliver observes that the students are doing what to words written on paper?
(a) burning them
(b) erasing them
(c) re-writing them
(d) eating them
4. When Gulliver tells the king about the treasury of England, what is the king's reaction?
(a) The king is confused because England is spending more than they are making.
(b) The king is shocked that England can balance their budget perfectly.
(c) The king suggests that Gulliver go back to England and tell them to run the treasury the way the giants run theirs.
(d) The king is amazed that England is making mroe than they are spending.
5. The people had tried to do away with the language altogether, but the illiterate and whom were in an uproar?
(a) the women
(b) the children
(c) the leaders
(d) the men
Short Answer Questions
1. The last room of the academy is one for what?
2. Which of the following is not a reason that Gulliver is being brought up on charges by the Lilliputians.
3. In one academy room, philosophers try to do what?
4. Why does Gulliver say that he finally left the kingdom?
5. Which of the following punishments do the people settle on for Gulliver?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)