|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In one academy room, philosophers try to do what?
(a) discuss the meaning of life
(b) figure out how the world was created
(c) decide whether there is life in outer space
(d) solve any problems about the nature of humans
2. The people had tried to do away with the language altogether, but the illiterate and whom were in an uproar?
(a) the children
(b) the women
(c) the men
(d) the leaders
3. Another section of the academy is full of people trying to do what regarding their language?
(a) translate their language to English
(b) translate their language to French
(c) make their language shorter and less confusing
(d) add words and their meanings to the language
4. Which of the following is not a reason that Gulliver is being brought up on charges by the Lilliputians.
(a) not following orders about destroying the people of Blefuscu
(b) being friendly to the ambassadors
(c) secretly marrying a woman from Blefuscu
(d) planning to sail tot he enemy's land
5. What does Gulliver make out of the beard stubble of the king?
(a) a comb
(b) a scrub brush
(c) a hair brush
(d) a tooth brush
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
2. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
3. In the last room, Gulliver observes that the students are doing what to words written on paper?
4. The last room of the academy is one for what?
5. Whose hair does Gulliver use to design seats and purses?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)