|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
(a) House of Commoners
(b) House of Commons
(c) House of Commonwealth
(d) House of Commoncause
2. How long is Gulliver told it will be before the reading of the articles?
(a) three days
(b) six days
(c) five days
(d) four days
3. In one academy room, philosophers try to do what?
(a) discuss the meaning of life
(b) figure out how the world was created
(c) decide whether there is life in outer space
(d) solve any problems about the nature of humans
4. Why does Gulliver say that he finally left the kingdom?
(a) He took a short boat ride and became hopelessly lost.
(b) He learned of a plot against him.
(c) He was homesick.
(d) He wanted to explore other places.
5. What does Gulliver make out of the beard stubble of the king?
(a) a comb
(b) a scrub brush
(c) a hair brush
(d) a tooth brush
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of staying for his sentencing, where does Gulliver decide to go?
2. When Gulliver tells the king about the treasury of England, what is the king's reaction?
3. Which of the following is not a reason that Gulliver is being brought up on charges by the Lilliputians.
4. The people had tried to do away with the language altogether, but the illiterate and whom were in an uproar?
5. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)