|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gulliver explains to the king that England has how many houses in its Parliament?
2. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
(a) House of Friends
(b) House of Peers
(c) House of Peons
(d) House of Equals
3. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
(a) House of Commoners
(b) House of Commonwealth
(c) House of Commons
(d) House of Commoncause
4. Which of the following punishments do the people settle on for Gulliver?
(a) cut off his nose and slowly starve him
(b) poke his eyes out and banish him to the woods
(c) kill him immediately by hanging
(d) poke his eyes out and slowly starve him
5. What does the emperor do prior to Gulliver's sentencing?
(a) He tries to convince the people that Gulliver is evil.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He sends out a decree.
(d) He resigns his post.
Short Answer Questions
1. In one of the academy rooms, the pupils sit for six hours a day doing what?
2. What does Gulliver make out of the beard stubble of the king?
3. Another section of the academy is full of people trying to do what regarding their language?
4. How long is Gulliver told it will be before the reading of the articles?
5. Whose hair does Gulliver use to design seats and purses?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)