|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gulliver make out of the beard stubble of the king?
(a) a scrub brush
(b) a tooth brush
(c) a comb
(d) a hair brush
2. The people had tried to do away with the language altogether, but the illiterate and whom were in an uproar?
(a) the leaders
(b) the women
(c) the children
(d) the men
3. Whose hair does Gulliver use to design seats and purses?
(a) the nurse's
(b) the queen's
(c) the cook's
(d) the king's
4. In one academy room, philosophers try to do what?
(a) figure out how the world was created
(b) discuss the meaning of life
(c) decide whether there is life in outer space
(d) solve any problems about the nature of humans
5. How long is Gulliver told it will be before the reading of the articles?
(a) four days
(b) three days
(c) six days
(d) five days
Short Answer Questions
1. The last room of the academy is one for what?
2. In the last room, Gulliver observes that the students are doing what to words written on paper?
3. In one of the academy rooms, the pupils sit for six hours a day doing what?
4. Which of the following is not a reason that Gulliver is being brought up on charges by the Lilliputians.
5. When Gulliver tells the king about the treasury of England, what is the king's reaction?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)