|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gulliver tells the king about the treasury of England, what is the king's reaction?
(a) The king is shocked that England can balance their budget perfectly.
(b) The king suggests that Gulliver go back to England and tell them to run the treasury the way the giants run theirs.
(c) The king is amazed that England is making mroe than they are spending.
(d) The king is confused because England is spending more than they are making.
2. Whose hair does Gulliver use to design seats and purses?
(a) the cook's
(b) the queen's
(c) the nurse's
(d) the king's
3. The last room of the academy is one for what?
4. The people had tried to do away with the language altogether, but the illiterate and whom were in an uproar?
(a) the men
(b) the children
(c) the leaders
(d) the women
5. Instead of staying for his sentencing, where does Gulliver decide to go?
(a) back home to England
(b) to a hidden cave by the beach
(d) deep into the woods
Short Answer Questions
1. In one of the academy rooms, the pupils sit for six hours a day doing what?
2. Which of the following is not a reason that Gulliver is being brought up on charges by the Lilliputians.
3. In one academy room, philosophers try to do what?
4. Which of the following punishments do the people settle on for Gulliver?
5. Why does Gulliver say that he finally left the kingdom?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)