|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the emperor do prior to Gulliver's sentencing?
(a) He resigns his post.
(b) He tries to convince the people that Gulliver is evil.
(c) He sends out a decree.
(d) He disappears.
2. Which of the following is not a reason that Gulliver is being brought up on charges by the Lilliputians.
(a) not following orders about destroying the people of Blefuscu
(b) being friendly to the ambassadors
(c) planning to sail tot he enemy's land
(d) secretly marrying a woman from Blefuscu
3. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
(a) House of Commoncause
(b) House of Commons
(c) House of Commoners
(d) House of Commonwealth
4. Why does Gulliver say that he finally left the kingdom?
(a) He wanted to explore other places.
(b) He took a short boat ride and became hopelessly lost.
(c) He was homesick.
(d) He learned of a plot against him.
5. The people had tried to do away with the language altogether, but the illiterate and whom were in an uproar?
(a) the leaders
(b) the women
(c) the children
(d) the men
Short Answer Questions
1. The last room of the academy is one for what?
2. When Gulliver tells the king about the treasury of England, what is the king's reaction?
3. In one of the academy rooms, the pupils sit for six hours a day doing what?
4. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
5. Whose hair does Gulliver use to design seats and purses?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)