|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gulliver tells the king about the treasury of England, what is the king's reaction?
(a) The king is amazed that England is making mroe than they are spending.
(b) The king suggests that Gulliver go back to England and tell them to run the treasury the way the giants run theirs.
(c) The king is shocked that England can balance their budget perfectly.
(d) The king is confused because England is spending more than they are making.
2. Which of the following punishments do the people settle on for Gulliver?
(a) poke his eyes out and banish him to the woods
(b) cut off his nose and slowly starve him
(c) poke his eyes out and slowly starve him
(d) kill him immediately by hanging
3. How long is Gulliver told it will be before the reading of the articles?
(a) four days
(b) five days
(c) three days
(d) six days
4. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
(a) House of Commoncause
(b) House of Commonwealth
(c) House of Commoners
(d) House of Commons
5. The last room of the academy is one for what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gulliver make out of the beard stubble of the king?
2. What does the emperor do prior to Gulliver's sentencing?
3. In the last room, Gulliver observes that the students are doing what to words written on paper?
4. Whose hair does Gulliver use to design seats and purses?
5. Instead of staying for his sentencing, where does Gulliver decide to go?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)